Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,664 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) (2353 Views)

6 Important Details You Shouldn’t Make Public On Facebook / If You Are Opportuned To Buy A New Phone Today, What Will It Be? / How Much Is A Blackberry Bold 2 At Slot Presently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Ejisz: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
1. Justin Trudeau, a Top Canadian Politician, Confirms BB Sucks
2. Limited Applications and Games
3. You can’t even Customize the Stupid Thing
4. The User Interface is Ugly
5. Blackberry Messenger? Facebook Chat has More Users!
6. The Web Browser is so Ineffective
7. The Design Sucks Big Time

Details: http://www.doncaprio.com/2012/05/7-reasons-why-blackberry-sucks-and-you-shouldnt-buy-one.html
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by leochuks90: 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
agreed, but isn't it funny u did not say anything about windows OS.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Randerl: 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
Windows Phone 8 is the 3rd Largest Ecosystem after Android and iPhone OS

blackberry is already bankrupt. They wrote off over 1.5billion worth of BB10 devices recently.

leochuks90: agreed, but isn't it funny u did not say anything about windows OS.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Frankdamaxx(m): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nice commentary. A blackberry is still the best and most efficient business phone. It meets all business needs for a smartphone and the new BB10 is efficient and easy to use. It has its niche and its not the same as the Niche for Android. BlackBerry's utilizes data efficiently and maintenance costs are affordable.

As I said earlier, it all depends on what you want from a phone.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by KillMoves: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Randerl: 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
Windows Phone, Android and iOS are the ONLY good for business Operating Systems/Devices.

on ur desktop, mobile and smartdevices the numbers attest to that.

Frankdamaxx: Nice commentary. A blackberry is still the best and most efficient business phone. It meets all business needs for a smartphone and the new BB10 is efficient and easy to use. It has its niche and its not the same as the Niche for Android. BlackBerry's utilizes data efficiently and maintenance costs are affordable.

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
just thought to add a little something..
first, have you heard about blackberries running andriod 4.2.2??, suffice to say, i can run both andriod and blackberry apps and OS at the same time, on my bb10

y`all just creating threads, find a way to get past airtel`s limitation first, tongue, between, my blackberry seems to be giving me enough right now, check through all threads on BB10, and see if you`ld not fall in love

~proud Q10 user

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Hayormeah(f): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
Since u r a phone geek,pls which good android will u suggest i get?av a budget of 35k.tanks
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Ay92(m): 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
even though the op is right on some of his points, I think he's taken this too far. I'm an Android user who has used and/or operated all mobile phone os and I quite agree that BB is worse than even Java os, but opening a thread in order to bash another user's choice is just too far.
one man's food is another man's poison
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Lionbite(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
Op you too gbaski jor, i will miss those guys carrying USB charger around their neck like cowbell

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by holusormi(m): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
poor goats....leave ur stupid techno phones and go get urself an updated blackberry Q10 or Z10 and stop yanning rubbish...blackberry has sincee upgraded from the crappy o.s 7 to the elegant and android-supportive o.s 10..have u guys ever experienced blacvkberry hub before ?...do u know what seamless integration of all ur social networks is ?...do u even know its possible to play fifa 14 android version on blackberry 10 devices ??...nna mhen u poor goats should stop shouting and saying sturvs u dont know!!!!...#proud Q10 o.s 10.2.0.429 user#....dont be beefing the ballers!!!!...**tounge out**

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by ninja4life(m): 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
holusormi: poor goats....leave ur stupid techno phones and go get urself an updated blackberry Q10 or Z10 and stop yanning rubbish...blackberry has sincee upgraded from the crappy o.s 7 to the elegant and android-supportive o.s 10..have u guys ever experienced blacvkberry hub before ?...do u know what seamless integration of all ur social networks is ?...do u even know its possible to play fifa 14 android version on blackberry 10 devices ??...nna mhen u poor goats should stop shouting and saying sturvs u dont know!!!!...#proud Q10 o.s 10.2.0.429 user#....dont be beefing the ballers!!!!...**tounge out**
how do u play android fifa 2014 on ur bb q10 do u sideload d game how??note am thinking of getting a z10 d only game i do play on my laptop is fifa 2014 cos i love football will like to know if its possible to play fifa2014 on z10
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Mattex001(m): 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Frankdamaxx: Nice commentary. A blackberry is still the best and most efficient business phone. It meets all business needs for a smartphone and the new BB10 is efficient and easy to use. It has its niche and its not the same as the Niche for Android. BlackBerry's utilizes data efficiently and maintenance costs are affordable.

don't mind the mugu jare... Blackberry all the way.. Cheap data plans makes it better than andriod and the ios... #team bb#

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by holusormi(m): 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
ninja4life: how do u play android fifa 2014 on ur bb q10 do u sideload d game how??note am thinking of getting a z10 d only game i do play on my laptop is fifa 2014 cos i love football will like to know if its possible to play fifa2014 on z10

not so possible on Q10 except by sideloading, cos of d screen size, buh on d Z10, u dont need to sideload it, dere is a very high quality version of the game for the Z10, almost 600mb, buh its not free, to be sure, just get a friend dat uses a z10 and search for fifa 14 on the blackberry world, once the search turns up a result, then u can download it..i have a sgs 3 for ma gaming needs buh to be honest, i prefer my Q10 anytime anyday!!..#lobatan#
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by daverebranded(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
Lol......if bb was good wouldn't sell mine if twas good it wount have only 1% of the smartphone market.. if it was good xda and other developers would be into it not android or iOS....if it was good..I just wish it was cox mine was dam costly for nothing
anyway not that am happy they are running bankrupt but they are behaving like their battery.... I have not said BB is bad......have I??
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by sats: 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
@op let's b objective abt dis, shall we?
1. Just becos one top politician said bb sucks, dat means bb sucks, I can as well say because tinubu said lumia 2320 sucks hence it sucks, cmon
2. Limited apps? well, Limited enough to serve me needs
3. Customization? Well, am ok wit wat it offers, nothing fancy and unnecessary
4. User interface not good? If its not good enuf for u doesn't mean its not good for anybody, bros chill
5. Bbm vs fb chat? Ow hilarious is dat? If u kno wat instant gratification means, u will kno y no msg app matches d bbm, u android and ios couldn't even wait for it to b oficially launched ... Won ko je rush rush b indomie
6. Browser not good, doesn't support flash? Bros, don't say dat besides BLACKBERRY Z30 pls, show som respect, Z30 came out 2 mths b4 ur post, u dey fall my hand o,are u sure u r a geek?
7. Design not good? U kiddin me, I saw sth impressiv on d BlackBerry Curve 9320 - d speaker is not obstructed - whether its on its bak or facin up
Ow abt d classic poor battery of BlackBerry? Well av u used d Curve 9320 with 1450mAh battery? It lasts all day just so u kno
D main selling point for me is DATA!
All u android and iOS users always rushin bb dataplan for ur devices, ow lame is dat? Airtel will block it in a few days? Let's see ow u manage, oh let me gues - rush to glo bis, dey say it works for android
I do agree that android and iOS is beta than BlackBerry, but pls don't come here and put in our faces like our bb devices can't hold its fort

BLACKBERRY Z30 - against the odds

http://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_z30-5711.php

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by sats: 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
Z30

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by daffur: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
Guy God bless you. WP, Android and iOS has delivered many of us.

Lionbite: Op you too gbaski jor, i will miss those guys carrying USB charger around their neck like cowbell

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
Bb10 users steady holding there forte; gbaski; Errm, I av used iPhone 5; I av used s3,and my q10 beats all of them...
I am sure all of em shouting Prolly av a techno or an iPhone 4; until i see a better competitor,i'll keep throwing this in ur faces!
#proud Q10 user
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Ejisz: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2013
Hayormeah: Since u r a phone geek,pls which good android will u suggest i get?av a budget of 35k.tanks
we will start with how you intend to use your phone...
Do you surf the net often? Do you like gaming on your phone? And lots more...
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Ejisz: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2013
Ay92: even though the op is right on some of his points, I think he's taken this too far. I'm an Android user who has used and/or operated all mobile phone os and I quite agree that BB is worse than even Java os, but opening a thread in order to bash another user's choice is just too far.
one man's food is another man's poison
Yes boss...what a polite way to express one's self...this is nairaland aiit...i just created the thread so not everyone is expected to read this, but just the few individuals that requires this information will be so intrested in it...dats it.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Ejisz: 8:24am On Dec 02, 2013
Lionbite: Op you too gbaski jor, i will miss those guys carrying USB charger around their neck like cowbell
you see? I even forgot to mention that part of the sad story o.... Its very anoying...imagine you chatin a pal on you BB with a constant rminder in your mind; na wa o this batery is almost gonna die o...i need to charge....Rubbishes.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by ninja4life(m): 9:23am On Dec 02, 2013
holusormi:

not so possible on Q10 except by sideloading, cos of d screen size, buh on d Z10, u dont need to sideload it, dere is a very high quality version of the game for the Z10, almost 600mb, buh its not free, to be sure, just get a friend dat uses a z10 and search for fifa 14 on the blackberry world, once the search turns up a result, then u can download it..i have a sgs 3 for ma gaming needs buh to be honest, i prefer my Q10 anytime anyday!!..#lobatan#
thanks for d answer how do someone pay for app or game on bbworld.i
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by ninja4life(m): 9:30am On Dec 02, 2013
noble_irc: Bb10 users steady holding there forte; gbaski; Errm, I av used iPhone 5; I av used s3,and my q10 beats all of them...
I am sure all of em shouting Prolly av a techno or an iPhone 4; until i see a better competitor,i'll keep throwing this in ur faces!
#proud Q10 user
hmm is there a reason why ur bb q10 beats iphone 5 and samsung galaxy s3.just asking and also wat data plan do u use for ur q10
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Hayormeah(f): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ejisz:
we will start with how you intend to use your phone...
Do you surf the net often? Do you like gaming on your phone? And lots more...

i luv surfing the net alot,as 4 gaming:i luv gaming 2 buh m nt an addict.i wld lyk a fone wit a very nyc camera too.tnks
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Ay92(m): 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ejisz:
Yes boss...what a polite way to express one's self...this is nairaland aiit...i just created the thread so not everyone is expected to read this, but just the few individuals that requires this information will be so intrested in it...dats it.
I feel you. This shows that we still have some matured people on nairaland that will simply reply a post without adding insults
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by holusormi(m): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
ninja4life: thanks for d answer how do someone pay for app or game on bbworld.i

very simple sir, activate internet banking on ur gtb atm,(mobile banking) and when it asks for your payment information,,you should supply all details ,,then you are good to go sir,,altough i didnt do it,buh a very good friend did it and thats what he uses to buy his apps..and btw, i hope you know blackberry world is giving out free apps from now to december 25th ?..i already downloaded shark dash and angry birds today and yesterday repectivley,,so hurry to bbm world and go download today's free app ( shark dash) also dont forget to check tomorrow and subsequent days for oder free apps.... #proudly repping my Q10#...
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Ejisz: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ay92:
I feel you. This shows that we still have some matured people on nairaland that will simply reply a post without adding insults
thats why you are the boss...coz u portray like xteristic..hehe.... But like seriously dats one issue dat has to be cubbed by either d admins or oga seun himself...its gettin way outa hands here...now i feel reluctant starting a thread coz alot of critics and insults will cause d threa to be derailed...so most time, i just read through other posts...
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Ejisz: 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hayormeah:

i luv surfing the net alot,as 4 gaming:i luv gaming 2 buh m nt an addict.i wld lyk a fone wit a very nyc camera too.tnks
Here are some of the best Android smart phones in
Nigeria this 2013. Some of the listed Android phones
will be getting the new Android 4.4 (KitKat) Sony Xperia Z1 Sony Xperia Z1 is Sony's latest flagship smartphone. It a
high performance smartphone, spotting one of the
most powerful processors available today, a quad-core
Snapdragon 800 Processor clocking at 2.26GHz. It ships
with Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), but will be getting
Android 4.4 (KitKat) upgrade in the near future. Sony Xperia Z1 features a brilliant 5-inch display and
with a 20.7 megapixels camera is one of the top
Android Camera phones. Sony Xperia Z1 Price in Nigeria
ranges from 105,000 Naira to 115,000 Naira. This smart
phone is dustproof and can survive in up to 1 metre of
water for up to 30 minutes. Buy Sony Xperia Z1 Online ₦104,995.00 Samsung Galaxy S4 The Samsung Galaxy S4 is arguably the best Android
phone in Nigeria. Samsung Galaxy S4 features a
stunning 5.0-inch Super AMOLED display with Corning
Gorilla Glass 3 protection, a 13MP camera, and the most
advanced software and hardware. It is a powerful smartphone with an 8-core processor
combination and 2GB RAM. Samsung Galaxy S4 Price
ranges from 92,000 Naira to 100,000 Naira and comes
with Jelly Bean (Android 4.2.2), but Samsung will push
KitKat (Android 4.4) to the device in future. Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 Online HTC One HTC One is the new HTC flagship smartphone replacing
the HTC One X from the spotlight. It features a brilliant
4.7-inch full HD display, a cool camera that sounds like
it will be fun to use, and a revamped HTC sense with
some new ways of interacting with content and social
updates. HTC One comes in an Alluminium unibody and runs
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and will be getting Android 4.4
(KitKat). The price ranges from N97,000 to N115,000. Buy HTC One Online Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is the latest generation of
Samsung's line of business and productivity focused
smart phones with extra-large screen (a.k.a Phablet). It
runs Android 4.3 on superfast quad-core processors. It
be getting Android 4.4 (KitKat) upgrade. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has a brilliant 5.7-inch Super
AMOLED display and an 8 megapixels camera that can
record ultra HD 4k video. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 price
in Nigeria ranges from 113,000 to 125,000 Naira and
comes with an S-Pen Stylus. Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Online ₦112,995.00 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Sony Xperia Z Ultra is a highend ultra-slim Phablet. It
features a massive 6.44-inch touchscreen and an 8
megapixels camera and super fast 4G LTE with
download speed of up to 150 Mbps. Sony Xperia Z Ultra runs Android 4.2 on a powerful
Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, 2.2GHz quad-core
processor. It is be getting Android 4.4 (KitKat). Sony
Xperia Z Ultra price in Nigeria ranges from 116,000 to
125,000 Naira and can survive up to 1 metre of water
for up to 30 minutes. Buy Sony Xperia Z Ultra Online ₦115,995.00 Sony Xperia ZL Sony Xperia ZL is one of Sony's flagship smart phone
and one of the best Android phones in Nigeria. It
features a brilliant full HD 5.0-inch Touch Display,
Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) and will be getting Android
4.4 (KitKat), an IR blaster for universal remote control
function, and a mirroring feature that enables you view what is on your Xperia ZL on a large screen TV. Sony Xperia ZL is a looker and will certainly get noticed
in any crowd. Price currently ranges from 91,000 Naira
to 100,000 Naira. Buy Sony Xperia ZL Online Affordable Android Phones Sony Xperia Z Another great smartphone from Sony worthy of a place
in the an all star Android list is the Sony Xperia Z. Like
the Xperia ZL, it features a full HD 5.0-inch display, Jelly
Bean (Android 4.1.2) with Android 4.4 (KitKat) expected
and a 13MP camera. At 7.9mm thick, the Sony Xperia Z is one of the
slimmest smart phones in Nigeria. Despite being sleek,
the Xperia Z is by no means fragile. It is waterproof and
dustproof and protected by shatter-proof and scratch
resistant glass. Price ranges from 83,000 Naira to
93,000 Naira in Nigeria.
Or simply go for samsung galaxy s3...wit ur cash at hand then maybe techno phantom A+ will suit your needs.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Ay92(m): 1:03am On Dec 03, 2013
Ejisz:
thats why you are the boss...coz u portray like xteristic..hehe.... But like seriously dats one issue dat has to be cubbed by either d admins or oga seun himself...its gettin way outa hands here...now i feel reluctant starting a thread coz alot of critics and insults will cause d threa to be derailed...so most time, i just read through other posts...
thanks for the compliment bros. We'll keep on telling them till they listen, and we should hope that the mods will help too.

GOD HELP US ALL
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by ninja4life(m): 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
holusormi:

very simple sir, activate internet banking on ur gtb atm,(mobile banking) and when it asks for your payment information,,you should supply all details ,,then you are good to go sir,,altough i didnt do it,buh a very good friend did it and thats what he uses to buy his apps..and btw, i hope you know blackberry world is giving out free apps from now to december 25th ?..i already downloaded shark dash and angry birds today and yesterday repectivley,,so hurry to bbm world and go download today's free app ( shark dash) also dont forget to check tomorrow and subsequent days for oder free apps.... #proudly repping my Q10#...
thanks for d reply will be getting my z10 on sunday such a shame i will be missing some paid apps which bb is giving it out free
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy A Blackberry (2012) by Raymondfayowole(m): 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
Since I cn get 3GB for 1k I will cointinue nd happily use ma bb

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download New Pes 20014.apk For Android / Infinix Is Lying To Us: A Request For A Call Back Of All Infinix Hot 4 / Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.