Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

WORLD AIDS DAY For Celebration Or Enlightment? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WORLD AIDS DAY For Celebration Or Enlightment? (596 Views)

Today,1st Of December Is World Aids Day!!! / She Drank Carrot Juice Every Day For 8 Months: You Won’t Believe What Happened / Photos: World AIDS Day Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WORLD AIDS DAY For Celebration Or Enlightment? by Thej(m): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
Adeyemo Adedeji O. Wrote:
Today 1st of December is World Aids day, is it a day to be wining & dinning? Is it a day to remember people who has gone as a result of this AIDS? Is it a day to scold our government for their own contribution to the spread of the virus? All this questions and many more inspired me to take my pen and contribute my quota as we are celebrating another world Aids day. I want my Father land in the nearest future to record #‎ZERO percent HIV/AIDS infection. Before I proceed, it is important for me to give brief introduction to this deadly virus. HIV (Human Immuno-defficiency Virus) is the virus which when enter our body system and not detected early can lead to AIDS(Acquire Immune Defficiency Syndrom). When this virus enter human body, is major target is the body soldiers(imune system), when it done with this sytem, that is when opportunistics infections will be showing. There are several causes of the infection, such has unprotected sex, sharing of unsterilized sharp objects, blood transfussion, from mother to baby during child labour or breast feeding. This virus if early detect can be scientifically managed with anti-retroviral drugs, so this is why its important to go for HiV counselling and testing. Unfortunately, many people has contracted this virus as a result of ignorance. It is important to point out that, not all that have this virus are promiscuous as many get it from their first lover while other from other mode of contracting it. So let us all say to #‎Stigmatization against people living with Hiv/Aids. There are association of people living with other ailment as well such as Diabetis Millitus, Cancer. People having Hypertention (High blood pressure) need to be managing it as people living with HIV/Aids, so why discrimination?. I will be left with conscience if I don't highlight simple method formulated for the prevention of HIV/AIDS. I call this method A-F method. A simply means Abstainance from sexual intercourse, B: Be faithful to one un-infected partner, C: Correct and Consistent use of condom, D: Do not share un-sterilized sharp object, E: Encourage HIV counselling and testing and F: Follow up. Let us all join hands together to make our country, our world HIV/AIDS free. Collective hands rescue mission, so please re-broadcast this write up to safe life. For more information, follow @eletiko on twitter or 232C76B3 on BBM.

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About The Deadly EBOLA Virus / Ebola Doctor In Sierra Leone Dead / Fact About Ebola: Please Stop Misleading People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.