Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 (3550 Views)

6 Dead,many Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Lagos [photo] / 12 Killed In Auto Crash At Ondo-Ore Expressway / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Ikenna351(m): 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
yahoo

Paul Walker, the edgy action hero with all-American good looks who became an international star with "The Fast & the Furious" movie franchise, has died in a fiery car collision in Southern California. He was 40 years old.

The sad news was confirmed Saturday night by Walker's camp via the actor's official Twitter account.

According to the statement put out by Walker's team and also posted on Facebook, the actor was "attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend's car.

"We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news," the statement continued. "Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences."

[Related: 'Fast' Stars and More Tweet Reactions to Paul Walker's Death:

The identity of the second victim, a male, has not been released by authorities; but numerous reports have identified the driver as Roger Rodas, the owner of Walker's auto-racing team, Always Evolving.

“Him and his buddy, his brother in arms at heart, just decided to joyride, take a spin," Antonio Holmes, an onlooker at the event who identified himself as a friend of Walker's, told the local Santa Clarita Valley Signal newspaper. "Something we all do. We're all car enthusiasts. ... We’re all here driving, enjoying each other, and God must’ve needed help."

According to witnesses, the red Porsche Carrera GT carrying Walker and his friend lost control and slammed into a tree and then a light pole. Walker, an unapologetic car lover, had been participating in the "Winter Drive" for Reach Out Worldwide, a toy drive and car meet charity event for disadvantaged children. Walker was also involved in humanitarian efforts in Chile and Haiti after the devastating earthquakes in both countries.

"Speed was a factor in the solo vehicle collision," the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department said in a updated statement late Saturday.

Earlier, the sheriff's department and county coroner confirmed that two people were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash in Santa Clarita, north of Los Angeles, around 3:30 p.m. PT.

"When they arrived, deputies found the vehicle engulfed in flames. The Los Angeles County Fire Department responded, extinguished the fire and subsequently located two victims inside the vehicle," Sheriff's Deputy Kim Manatt said in a statement. "The victims were pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of the collision is under investigation."

[Photos: Paul Walker's Most Memorable Roles]

The tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed heartthrob was a California native, hailing from the L.A. suburb of Glendale. He began appearing in TV commercials when he was just a toddler. He guest starred on shows like "Highway to Heaven" and "Charles in Charge" as a teen, and scored his first leading role in 1998's "Meet the Deedles." This lead to higher profile roles in features like "Pleasantville," "Varsity Blues," and "She's All That" in the late '90s before cementing his status as a leading man in 2001's "The Fast and the Furious."

Walker starred in all but the third installment of the "Fast & Furious" movies, including the seventh chapter which is still in production and scheduled for release next summer. He also received critical acclaim for his performances in 2006's "Running Scared" and in Clint Eastwood's WWII drama, "Flags of Our Fathers." His next film, "Hours," about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, is scheduled to open on Dec. 13.

"Fast" running mate Vin Diesel posted an image of him and Walker on Instagram with the caption: "Brother I will miss you very much. I am absolutely speechless. Heaven has gained a new Angel. Rest in Peace."

Yahoo Movies
Paul Walker, 'Fast & Furious' Star, Dead in Car Crash at 40
By Matt McDaniel 9 hours ago Yahoo Movies

Paul Walker (Photo: Eamonn McCormack/WireImage)

Paul Walker, the edgy action hero with all-American good looks who became an international star with "The Fast & the Furious" movie franchise, has died in a fiery car collision in Southern California. He was 40 years old.

The sad news was confirmed Saturday night by Walker's camp via the actor's official Twitter account.

According to the statement put out by Walker's team and also posted on Facebook, the actor was "attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend's car.

"We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news," the statement continued. "Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences."

[Related: 'Fast' Stars and More Tweet Reactions to Paul Walker's Death]

The identity of the second victim, a male, has not been released by authorities; but numerous reports have identified the driver as Roger Rodas, the owner of Walker's auto-racing team, Always Evolving.

“Him and his buddy, his brother in arms at heart, just decided to joyride, take a spin," Antonio Holmes, an onlooker at the event who identified himself as a friend of Walker's, told the local Santa Clarita Valley Signal newspaper. "Something we all do. We're all car enthusiasts. ... We’re all here driving, enjoying each other, and God must’ve needed help."

According to witnesses, the red Porsche Carrera GT carrying Walker and his friend lost control and slammed into a tree and then a light pole. Walker, an unapologetic car lover, had been participating in the "Winter Drive" for Reach Out Worldwide, a toy drive and car meet charity event for disadvantaged children. Walker was also involved in humanitarian efforts in Chile and Haiti after the devastating earthquakes in both countries.

"Speed was a factor in the solo vehicle collision," the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department said in a updated statement late Saturday.

Earlier, the sheriff's department and county coroner confirmed that two people were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash in Santa Clarita, north of Los Angeles, around 3:30 p.m. PT.

"When they arrived, deputies found the vehicle engulfed in flames. The Los Angeles County Fire Department responded, extinguished the fire and subsequently located two victims inside the vehicle," Sheriff's Deputy Kim Manatt said in a statement. "The victims were pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of the collision is under investigation."

[Photos: Paul Walker's Most Memorable Roles]

The tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed heartthrob was a California native, hailing from the L.A. suburb of Glendale. He began appearing in TV commercials when he was just a toddler. He guest starred on shows like "Highway to Heaven" and "Charles in Charge" as a teen, and scored his first leading role in 1998's "Meet the Deedles." This lead to higher profile roles in features like "Pleasantville," "Varsity Blues," and "She's All That" in the late '90s before cementing his status as a leading man in 2001's "The Fast and the Furious."

Walker starred in all but the third installment of the "Fast & Furious" movies, including the seventh chapter which is still in production and scheduled for release next summer. He also received critical acclaim for his performances in 2006's "Running Scared" and in Clint Eastwood's WWII drama, "Flags of Our Fathers." His next film, "Hours," about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, is scheduled to open on Dec. 13.

"Fast" running mate Vin Diesel posted an image of him and Walker on Instagram with the caption: "Brother I will miss you very much. I am absolutely speechless. Heaven has gained a new Angel. Rest in Peace."

Likewise, fellow franchise star Chris "Ludacris" Bridges grieved the loss of his friend.

In a brief statement, Universal, the studio behind the "Fast" franchise, also mourned one of its top stars: "All of us at Universal are heartbroken. Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the 'Fast and Furious' films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."

Walker is survived by his 15-year-old daughter, Meadow.

Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/paul-walker-fast-furious-star-reportedly-dead-40-025930737.html

Ikenna

Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Ikenna351(m): 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
What more can I say. The Good Die Young! R.I.P.

If you are a passenger and the driver is driving crazy, shout on top of your voice for the driver to stop, for you to jump out of the car, when you still can.

Ikenna
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by yungboss(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
For those of us who love hitting critical triple digits...this is a warning, and "a word" for the wise.
may his gentle soul rest in peace...
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by ebamma(m): 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
Rest In Peace Walker,
May your journey to heaven be fast and furious

1 Like

Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Dahslim(m): 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
Eyah..... R. I. P. I read it this morning on facebook.
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Dahslim(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
No more fast n furious, its now slow n steady.
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
"Fast and furious" Define irony,a guy who who does make belief car crash 4 a living dies in one.......
RIP paul
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Adex097: 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
Ehya...rip
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by LadyH(f): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
cryhe was my bday mate. cry

fyn guy. rip.
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Dhortunn(m): 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
RIP Paul Walker. Brian, the guy was my favourite actor in 'Fast and Furious'
RIP to his friend too.
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
I use to love that guy! What a pity.
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
Jeeeeesssssuuu!

1 Like

Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by otijah(m): 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
R I P paul

Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by manny4life(m): 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
RIP man,

I liked his role, very active... RIP again. cry
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by drnairalov: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
If some day the speed kills me do not cry cos i waz smiling -Paul Walker

and also RIP the guy who was in the car with Paul Walker, who isnt being recognised because he was not famous!!
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by swiftz(f): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
It's a pity that no one is talking about the second man that was killed in that crash, probably cos he wasn't famous.
RIP.
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by vislabraye(m): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
A great loss !! I am not surprised he's a car lover.
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by imperiouxx(m): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by israel007: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
I thought this was on FP earlier today?
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by GooseBaba: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
Just like that...in a split second it's all over...life is precious but we must live it to the fullest...RIP man...
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Elcapo(m): 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
RIP cry cry cry he made me love Fast&Furious
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by ceejay80s(m): 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
I like dis guy
R.I.P
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by faitheverest(f): 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
RIP
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by CODEEATER(m): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by JustHector(m): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
Am actually shedding tears right now...I love Paul Walker..So sad!
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by nekaa(f): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
How many times on front page?
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
Jus watchn f&f6 n i feel like crying!! Rip !!

U reading dis post shall by no means die until God calls u home!! Amen!!
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by adahib: 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sad indeed... I totally love this guy (no homo). May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
d irony
Re: Paul Walker, 'fast & Furious' Star, Dead In Car Crash At 40 by thewarrior72: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
What is the matter with these mods, a thread about this guy made front page this morning!, & here we have it again ....smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Tips: How To Troubleshoot Catalytic Converter / Does The New Lexus LS 500 Have What It Takes To Finally Take On The German? / Nissan Quest Problems. Advice Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.