Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install (10128 Views)

Help Me With Window 7 Ultimate Activation / How To Resolve ====window 7, Build 7600 : This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine / Window 7 Build 7601 This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine...help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by smartbingari(m): 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
hello pc geeks I need someone to help me if the is anyway to restore My pc running window 7 pro without deleting my files. not restoring it from last restore point.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by smartbingari(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
any body with an idea
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
YES I HAVE IDEA
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by kachiz(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
shun the window and buy a bullet proof door.
thanks me later grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Osyxcel(m): 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
Run your installation CD and install Windows, just make sure you don't format your Drives, your old windows will automatically be moved to a folder called "Windows.old" and it will contain all your files intact. You can then move them to your new window. But you have to re-install your softwares.

4 Likes

Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by KnightsTemplar(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
smartbingari: hello pc geeks I need someone to help me if the is anyway to restore My pc running window 7 pro without deleting my files. not restoring it from last restore point.

When you do a factory reset, your files and programs will be affected(deleted). That is why the system advices you to backup prior to a factory reset. If the system is booting to windows, I will advice you use a flash drive to backup our files before you do a reset. But in the situation that your system does not boot, u need to take it to a tech that will host your hardisk to another system and backup your files, before doing a reset.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Aizebioje(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
kachiz: shun the window and buy a bullet proof door.
ABI OOO!!! Lmao
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Dermie: 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
Make use of your Restore Disk. Or re-install the OS, then restore/ get your files back from Windows.Old folder in C:.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by yerima11: 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
Osyxcel: Run your installation CD and install Windows, just make sure you don't format your Drives, your old windows will automatically be moved to a folder called "Windows.old" and it will contain all your files intact. You can then move them to your new window. But you have to re-install your softwares.

If I put a window 7 disc, will i be able to install or run another windows on a system that refuse to boot up to desktop point?
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by mj(m): 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
yerima11:

If I put a window 7 disc, will i be able to install or run another windows on a system that refuse to boot up to desktop point?

Yes.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by paulkhalifa(m): 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
There are two methods you can either create a backup of your hard drive by:
1. Opening Backup and Restore by clicking the Start
button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System
and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup
and Restore.
2. In the left pane, click Create a system image,
and then follow the steps in the wizard. If you're
prompted for an administrator password or
confirmation, type the password or provide
confirmation. ( Culled from http://www.moderntechtutors..com )
Or follow what Osyxcel said.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Kayendy(m): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
There is a way but don't take d risk jst back up the files

1 Like

Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by martronilla: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
Lemme consult Ifa

2 Likes

Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by omanzo02: 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
Reboot from safe mode or installation disc, run restore by setting Window to a previous date, that way your files remains intact.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Osyxcel(m): 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
yerima11:

101%
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
yerima11:

Had the same problem but solved it by backing up my files in my brothers laptop then reinstalling the OS from the CD.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by ITbomb(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
Why do u want to restore
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
yerima11:

It will be a lot easier if your installation disc is a bootable type. Else, go to the advance settings of your PC and change your 1st boot device to CD rom.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
moderator why front-page?
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by temmym4(m): 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
Osyxcel: Run your installation CD and install Windows, just make sure you don't format your Drives, your old windows will automatically be moved to a folder called "Windows.old" and it will contain all your files intact. You can then move them to your new window. But you have to re-install your softwares.

That is exactly how to install a fresh windows 7 without affecting your files, although u might have to reinstall your Softwares (Applications) but you will surely get all your Music, videos and other documents back at c:\windows.old\users exactly where u placed them before the re-installation

i wont really go with backing up as some users suggested. it is really useless when you recover the old files you backed up a month ago or more, thereby losing the latest files, and i am not sure the OP might wanna do a backup right now that he wants a fresh windows OS, except if he wants to go back to the same spot he was.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by hammedkola(m): 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
Usin window key + r to open the run command, type "rstrui.exe" and there you go....a dialogue box pops up...follow the instruction on-screen to restore
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by deolu2000(m): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2013
Plz geeks,i did something like this on my system,upgrading from windows7 basic to ultimate,but since then my wlan n bluetooth wont wrk again,any help plz?
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by spikesC(m): 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2013
deolu2000: Plz geeks,i did something like this on my system,upgrading from windows7 basic to ultimate,but since then my wlan n bluetooth wont wrk again,any help plz?

You need to download the drivers. Look for them online
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by mcdokwe(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
thatá all
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by bukson2(m): 8:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
If u partition the harddick u don't have problem but in a setuation u don't partition it, put ur CD and click on Re pare mind u don't format or delete anything.... If any problem am still with u,,
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
kachiz: shun the window and buy a bullet proof door.

Ur laughing @ ur bad english
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by alphaconde(m): 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Subscribing
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by presegsADESIDA(m): 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

When you do a factory reset, your files and programs will be affected(deleted). That is why the system advices you to backup prior to a factory reset. If the system is booting to windows, I will advice you use a flash drive to backup our files before you do a reset. But in the situation that your system does not boot, u need to take it to a tech that will host your hardisk to another system and backup your files, before doing a reset.

No need to do what I bolded above as he can do that himself.
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by Dawatech(m): 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2013
If i get u right, u mean reinstalling ur window without loosing ur files ? If the files are in other partion of ur hard disk, u are safe!

U can learn how to partion ur computer hard disk here ; http://www.dawahnet.com/2012/12/how-to-partition-your-system_10.html

just incase
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by deolu2000(m): 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
@spike c:well,i ws a cafe,d operator used one '13 driver pack to drive some things,he said i needed 20 drivers cos he wntd money,but as God will have it,he could nt fix d issue,he then said somthg lik wireless card is bad,and am nt vast in computer engineering.now i cant browse or transfer thing frm fone to system asyd using cable.plz ur advise wil be appreciated
Re: How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install by kobenol(m): 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
^^^ @Dawatech
Pls kindly enlighten, I have a 500GB HDD Dell laptop which I previously partitioned win. ("C"wink to 15GB and a large "grin"400-plus GB for my main storage..
I did an unofficial win 7 ultimate upgrade and b. tooth has refused to work..
I wish to restore to factory default but fear it might mess my partition scheme and perhaps expunge all my digital life.
I have no spare disk to copy the 400plus Gig. Movies and stuff and don't wanna lose it either.
Your advice is needed pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? / The Best Internet Connection To Use? / Pls Help Suggest A Good Laptop Between N50000- N75000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.