Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Landlord In The Diaspora Interested In Coming Together Re Tenancy Issues - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord In The Diaspora Interested In Coming Together Re Tenancy Issues (604 Views)

Building from the Diaspora: 3 Bedroom Bungalow + Penthouse (2 Rooms) at Calabar / The Nigerian Tenancy Law On Eviction? / See What The New Lagos Tenancy Law Says. Full Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Landlord In The Diaspora Interested In Coming Together Re Tenancy Issues by gabbytabby: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
I am looking to see if there is interest from people in the diaspora coming together to improve the way that tenancy issues are handled in Lagos. Lekki - Ajah area Landlords in particular such that we can pull resources and contacts to identify who the power players are and how to get things done. We can then help others to set up theirs.

To start off, the key issues I have identified are

1) Format of due diligence checks that needs to be undertaken before a tenancy is granted
2) Different types of Tenancies/Leases and which is effective to deal with tenancy relations
3) Form of Landlord agreement with agencies.
4) How to deal with evictions.
5) What type of incentives can be given to encourage good tenants
6) Making contacts with the power players in the field to establish process and how to speed up evictions
7) Recruiting effective legal representation and rewarding based on performance.

others can add any other Landlord/Tenant issues.

If people are interested you can email me at alayandeproperties@yahoo.com and decide on how to get together eg facebook group, facetoface meeting etc or a combination.

I am based in the UK
Re: Landlord In The Diaspora Interested In Coming Together Re Tenancy Issues by gabbytabby: 7:43am On Dec 02, 2013
Bump
Re: Landlord In The Diaspora Interested In Coming Together Re Tenancy Issues by gabbytabby: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
Are they anonymous investors?

(1) (Reply)

Selling My Dstv Decoder With Free Channels 4life / A Clean Roomself Contain BQ To Let @ Lekki Phase 1 For 450k P/A. 27/6/14 / Lovely & Brand New Flats To Let @ Mercyland Estate Ipaja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.