Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:15 PM

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China (85605 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello All,

I will like to give free information for anybody wishing to import any goods from any angle of China to Nigeria or any African countries.

Gud luck!

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by QEbeauty(f): 6:19am On Dec 02, 2013
Please do you also use only chrisvicmall or perhaps you know of others
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
Q.E.beauty:
Please do you also use only chrisvicmall or perhaps you know of others

My friend chrisvicmall is one of d expensive sites to import goods. But can try alibaba for small and for trial.

However, I am refering to importation as a business man or woman, I know much about china major cities and what you can buy and ship direct to lagos or Kano.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Gamboh55(m): 10:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Okay...which courier service do you use since you said chrisvicmall is expensive...thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by purplecircle: 10:53pm On Dec 02, 2013
Exactly which shipping service aside chrisvis

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by owang: 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
@Fatai2, I have burnt my fingers wth Alibaba traders & even the GTB charges on T/T is too much for me. Pls can U let me know other cheaper means of payment & give me information on cheaper shipment for small scale trader.

Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Mikechinos(m): 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
Also can I pay with my firstbank master card?

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by dav8id(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
Guys ebe lik sey @poster don run ooo! Abi him d search google 4 una answers grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gamboh55: Okay...which courier service do you use since you said chrisvicmall is expensive...thanks

@Gamboh55, most of sellers can ship ur small orders with china post for free although it takes much time. Also for bigger cargo u can use choice intl forwarding co which have aa registered agent in Lagos (10 to 12days).

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
owang: @Fatai2, I have burnt my fingers wth Alibaba traders & even the GTB charges on T/T is too much for me. Pls can U let me know other cheaper means of payment & give me information on cheaper shipment for small scale trader.

Thanks.

It wll be a suicide to pay any alibaba seller with TT. Any seller that request payment with TT don't transact with him.

The most secured means of payment is debit or credit card through escrow. It gives alibaba opportunity to keep the money till you received ur goods in good condition. Brfore they release funds to the seller/supplier.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mike chinos: Also can I pay with my firstbank master card?

Yes friend. U can also try their visa prepaid for this purpose.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by NnamdiN: 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
Op. When shopping with aliexpress, free shipped goods land in my town. (uyo). It seems this is not the case with alibaba as they often ask me my preferred port. There's no port around me and I can't go to Lagos for my items. So I'd like to know how alibaba's free shipping option work.

To be precise, I want my items shipped to uyo with minimal cost of transportation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
NnamdiN: Op. When shopping with aliexpress, free shipped goods land in my town. (uyo). It seems this is not the case with alibaba as they often ask me my preferred port. There's no port around me and I can't go to Lagos for my items. So I'd like to know how alibaba's free shipping option work.

To be precise, I want my items shipped to uyo with minimal cost of transportation.

Alibaba and aliexpress are sisters, and u can search for free shipping goods. It will be cheaper but will much longer to deliver to your address.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by NnamdiN: 10:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
fatai2:

Alibaba and aliexpress are sisters, and u can search for free shipping goods. It will be cheaper but will much longer to deliver to your address.
I understand they're sisters. I'm just asking to know if the delivery process of both are the same. They keep asking me of my preferred port. (which implies I'm not gonna get the goods in my town). I'm not in Lagos. Free shipping with aliexpress takes Max of one month. I don't mind at all as long as they deliver to my place.

FOB price means free shipping price right?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 11:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
NnamdiN: I understand they're sisters. I'm just asking to know if the delivery process of both are the same. They keep asking me of my preferred port. (which implies I'm not gonna get the goods in my town). I'm not in Lagos. Free shipping with aliexpress takes Max of one month. I don't mind at all as long as they deliver to my place.

FOB price means free shipping price right?

FOB. Free onboard price. The port of shipping is for goods means for sea shipping not for air cargo. Whether alibaba or aliexpress they can ship to ur city as per ur shipping address at there record.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by NnamdiN: 1:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
fatai2:

FOB. Free onboard price. The port of shipping is for goods means for sea shipping not for air cargo. Whether alibaba or aliexpress they can ship to ur city as per ur shipping address at there record.
thanks bro. I'll try it out. Hopefully I won't regret.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by cachiskky(f): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2013
i have tried using aliexpress and i used dhl for faster means. the amount charged for custom duties was outrageous, its there anyway one can avoid these or atleast minimize the cost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
hi,op

Am planning of moving into major import biz very soon,however i might not be able to disclose what i want to major into now.
But i want to know
how can you compare prices and quality of goods from china and Dubai
in terms of expenses ie, living maybe for 2weeks to 1month,trip expenses and hotels,freight duties.
please explain the difference in details .
lastly,do you live in china or Nigeria

thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by eminikansoso(m): 6:40am On Dec 07, 2013
iykedenis: hi,op

Am planning of moving into major import biz very soon,however i might not be able to disclose what i want to major into now.
But i want to know
in terms of expenses ie, living maybe for 2weeks to 1month,trip expenses and hotels,freight duties.

thanks.

My friend don't mind those people that said they know major cities in China. It is pure lie. China is a developed country and been major manufacturer to major European countries and America because of her cheap Labours.
China can give whatever you want base on the quality you requested.
Dubai is a big market place. Their products is first class based on their product quality control measure. Any substandard product can not be accepted in dubai talkless of marketing it in their country.
What I can assure you is that if you large quantity of items go to China because the cost will be Less while in dubai any quantity you want with uniform price.
China uses best means of measurement of goods called CBM while dubai uses container line as a means of measurement.
Names of Nigeria Clearing Agents in China are
Divine Bumazek cargo
Liberty link China Air and sea cargo
Choice air and sea cargo
multi Ray logistics
And many more
Bye

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by KolaShangOne(m): 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
fatai2:

@Gamboh55, most of sellers can ship ur small orders with china post for free although it takes much time. Also for bigger cargo u can use choice intl forwarding co which have aa registered agent in Lagos (10 to 12days).

pls can you provide address or phone number of these Choice people? how much do they charge per Kg? Do they also charge commission based on each item in the cargo?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by purplecircle: 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
cachiskky: i have tried using aliexpress and i used dhl for faster means. the amount charged for custom duties was outrageous, its there anyway one can avoid these or atleast minimize the cost

Use a shipping company.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by AliAbdul: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
hi
tanks for opening dis thread. I have many question on dis biz because is wat am about to go into. Pls bro my no.1 question is How much is d list amount of money i can strt dis biz second. Is how do dey ship it and hw much do i need for d shipping? Am new in dis biz and i live in kaduna state pls guide me step by step tanks so much dis is my email Aliyyu2000@gmail.com
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Kzcee: 10:16pm On Dec 07, 2013
Pls,i need d procedure,link,d applicatn or any useful thing about diz impt buz to:ayobamirasheed406@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mayorall(m): 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
I done carry my stood come sidan here they jot.

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 11:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
iykedenis: hi,op

But i want to know

thanks.

@iykedenis, let me start by saying that majority of goods u will buy from Dubai were produce in china but with high quality.

In china u can buy from wholesalers or go to the manufacturers directly and place ur order according to ur requirements.

As for the livings expenses, I don't know about dubai but in china, u can lodge in a 3 star hotel, take a public buses or subway and eat. From cheap restaurants for a total cost btw N5 to N7k/day.

As for the shipping cost, assume a 40ft HQ container for non- contraband goods, shipping cost is around 4300 to 4700usd (guangzhou to lagos). However for cost of clearing it depence on the HS codes of the goods u are importing.

Lastly, I live in Nigeria. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
cachiskky: i have tried using aliexpress and i used dhl for faster means. the amount charged for custom duties was outrageous, its there anyway one can avoid these or atleast minimize the cost

Hello,

You can split ur orders into smaller packages.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
KolaShangOne:

pls can you provide address or phone number of these Choice people? how much do they charge per Kg? Do they also charge commission based on each item in the cargo?

Contact there agent in Lagos Chrisnak Ventures 08066077729.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
Kzcee: Pls,i need d procedure,link,d applicatn or any useful thing about diz impt buz to:ayobamirasheed406@gmail.com

Dear friend, this is an open forum for the benefit of all free of charge. Do your research and let's us help u if u need any clarification. Thank u
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by purplecircle: 12:09am On Dec 08, 2013
My own question is ow do we know people that sell quality product eg i sell cloths, shoes n bags.. Ow do i spot a seller with high quality. Also you mentioned a cheap shipping company. What is their name.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
purplecircle: My own question is ow do we know people that sell quality product eg i sell cloths, shoes n bags.. Ow do i spot a seller with high quality. Also you mentioned a cheap shipping company. What is their name.

@purplecircle, you can get good quality goods in guangzhou. So if you are using alibaba to get sellers, on the search bar search for suppliers in guangzhou in stead of goods. Gud luck

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by purplecircle: 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
fatai2:

@purplecircle, you can get good quality goods in guangzhou. So if you are using alibaba to get sellers, on the search bar search for suppliers in guangzhou in stead of goods. Gud luck

Ok thanks and if its Aliexpress? How do i know.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 10, 2013
eminikan soso:

My friend don't mind those people that said they know major cities in China. It is pure lie. China is a developed country and been major manufacturer to major European countries and America because of her cheap Labours.
China can give whatever you want base on the quality you requested.
Dubai is a big market place. Their products is first class based on their product quality control measure. Any substandard product can not be accepted in dubai talkless of marketing it in their country.
What I can assure you is that if you large quantity of items go to China because the cost will be Less while in dubai any quantity you want with uniform price.
China uses best means of measurement of goods called CBM while dubai uses container line as a means of measurement.
Names of Nigeria Clearing Agents in China are
Divine Bumazek cargo
Liberty link China Air and sea cargo

thanks,plz,may i request for the contact number of those clearing agents in china.
if possible your number too.
thanks..
Choice air and sea cargo
multi Ray logistics
And many more
Bye

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) / Man Uses Stick To Operate ATM As Coronavirus Precautionary Measure (Pix, Video) / Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.