Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China (85814 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by bashorundon(m): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2013
Thanks Jackson. Just got back from the post office in Ota. Was told same thing.
jackson44: Abeokuta from there they may dispatch to otta.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by lovelyface: 11:09am On Dec 19, 2013
I know HGC logistics used to do door to door business from china to Nigeria. Why not send them a mail on hgcnigeria @yahoo.com or call 08188927964. I am sure they can advise you on all your shipment both sea and air. And the good thing about them is that they will tell you the truth.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by perfectgen(m): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2013
Ops,
Good work; keep it up. I have a manufacturer in China who instead of Escrow is willing that I pay into a PayPal account. Is it safe and what are the modalities?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Wealthyone: 11:46am On Dec 19, 2013
Hello everyone, I'd like to confirm if anyone paid recently on aliexpress with any nigerian (visa or master) cards? Because, few days ago, I successfully paid for few items with ecobank visa card but unfortunately, I have not been able to pay with the same card for my oda placed orders. All I keep getting was error msgs. I tried Diamond visa card which didn't work as well n went to fbn on Monday to get there mastercard. Since Monday, the mastercard and that visa cards neva paid successfully. I had a chat with there online customer agent on Tuesday who informed me dey don't accept debit visa or mastercard anymore. Western union is a good option but quickpay isn't available in nija as we can only receive and not send. I keep hearing gtbank mastercard n ubaafricard here, my question is are dis cards debit? Are dey still accepted on aliexpress as of ystd or today? How much does uba or gtb charge? If yes, pls, let me know. Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by darmochy1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
perfectgen: Ops,
Good work; keep it up. I have a manufacturer in China who instead of Escrow is willing that I pay into a PayPal account. Is it safe and what are the modalities?

It's been said times without number on this thread not to deal with any supplier that's not ready to use escrow. This is for the safety of your money. It's better you find another supplier if he's still adamant.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by NnamdiN: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Wealthyone: Hello everyone, I'd like to confirm if anyone paid recently on aliexpress with any nigerian (visa or master) cards? Because, few days ago, I successfully paid for few items with ecobank visa card but unfortunately, I have not been able to pay with the same card for my oda placed orders. All I keep getting was error msgs. I tried Diamond visa card which didn't work as well n went to fbn on Monday to get there mastercard. Since Monday, the mastercard and that visa cards neva paid successfully. I had a chat with there online customer agent on Tuesday who informed me dey don't accept debit visa or mastercard anymore. Western union is a good option but quickpay isn't available in nija as we can only receive and not send. I keep hearing gtbank mastercard n ubaafricard here, my question is are dis cards debit? Are dey still accepted on aliexpress as of ystd or today? How much does uba or gtb charge? If yes, pls, let me know. Thanks.
aliexpress no longer accepts debit cards.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by doyin68: 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
I want to buy a product on abcsources.com in China and the only option of payment is paypal. I don't know what else to do as i don't know have paypal.thanks

fatai2: Hello All,

I will like to give free information for anybody wishing to import any goods from any angle of China to Nigeria or any African countries.

Gud luck!
[right][/right]
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by purplecircle: 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
Someone suggest a shipping agency please
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by showoff(f): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Chrisvicmall:
lt is possible but you need invitation letter from the company. The problem with getting invitation letter is your company might be in a city or town not authorized to issue invitation letter to foreigners. Even when they are authorized to issue visa, the company will know you well before they do that and also not all companies has the right to do that.

That is why at the end, agents remain the better option but more expensive

Chrisvicmall, how much would you be willing to ship a toy car 17.5Kg to nigeria from Alibaba supplier, and am also thinking I could pay through you since the supplier is sinsisting on western union and money gram payment. Thank you.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by lovelyface: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
I know HGC charges about 9.75 US Dollar per kg to pick and deliver in Lagos. Though this could be negotiable if the weight is much. Anyway why not talk to them. Its been long I used them
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by jackson44(m): 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
bashorundon: Thanks Jackson. Just got back from the post office in Ota. Was told same thing.
welcome brother,where are u in otta. I stay @ dalemo toll-gate.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 10:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
Wealthyone: Hello everyone, I'd like to confirm if anyone paid recently on aliexpress with any nigerian (visa or master) cards? Because, few days ago, I successfully paid for few items with ecobank visa card but unfortunately, I have not been able to pay with the same card for my oda placed orders. All I keep getting was error msgs. I tried Diamond visa card which didn't work as well n went to fbn on Monday to get there mastercard. Since Monday, the mastercard and that visa cards neva paid successfully. I had a chat with there online customer agent on Tuesday who informed me dey don't accept debit visa or mastercard anymore. Western union is a good option but quickpay isn't available in nija as we can only receive and not send. I keep hearing gtbank mastercard n ubaafricard here, my question is are dis cards debit? Are dey still accepted on aliexpress as of ystd or today? How much does uba or gtb charge? If yes, pls, let me know. Thanks.

You can mke a payment with FBN naira mastercard on aliexpress but u need to get their internet secure code. Contact firstcontact on 014485500 for more details or any fbn branch close to U.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by bashorundon(m): 6:53am On Dec 20, 2013
I'm around Akeja, Navy School. Iyana odo-eran precisely.
jackson44: welcome brother,where are u in otta. I stay @ dalemo toll-gate.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Adechris: 8:32am On Dec 20, 2013
hi,op

Am planning of moving into major import biz very soon,however i might not be able to disclose what i want to major into now.
But i want to know
how can you compare prices and quality of goods from china and Dubai
in terms of expenses ie, living maybe for 2weeks to 1month,trip expenses and hotels,freight duties.
please explain the difference in details .
lastly,do you live in china or Nigeria

thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Wealthyone: 9:10am On Dec 20, 2013
fatai2:

You can mke a payment with FBN naira mastercard on aliexpress but u need to get their internet secure code. Contact firstcontact on 014485500 for more details or any fbn branch close to U.

What's d secure code used for? Is it the normal 3D code needed on the site? (3 number @ d bak of the card). Cos der z no space for secure code. Awaiting ur response. Tankz
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Adechris: 9:18am On Dec 20, 2013
[quote
author=Adechris][/quote] am interested about the contribution here, i
need a guidelines on how to import electronics from China
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
Wealthyone:

What's d secure code used for? Is it the normal 3D code needed on the site? (3 number @ d bak of the card). Cos der z no space for secure code. Awaiting ur response. Tankz

@Wealthyone, secure code are ur secret n0 to be registered on their site meant for online/internet transactions to safeguard u from unauthorised used, just like ur atm secret pin. Call or visit any branch close to u friend.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by dombible(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2013
fatai2:

@Wealthyone, secure code are ur secret n0 to be registered on their site meant for online/internet transactions to safeguard u from unauthorised used, just like ur atm secret pin. Call or visit any branch close to u friend.
up til nw i still dnt knw how to use escrow to pay on alibaba,pls can you help me with d process?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by dav8id(m): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
dombible: up til nw i still dnt knw how to use escrow to pay on alibaba,pls can you help me with d process?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 12:10am On Dec 22, 2013
dombible: up til nw i still dnt knw how to use escrow to pay on alibaba,pls can you help me with d process?

Select ur product from ur desired store. Click on start order under contact supplier (in orange color background), it will lead u to order page. Go to PAYMENT METHOD select escrow and continue! Good luck

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by jeebz: 2:18am On Dec 23, 2013
Wealthyone:

Not all sites/merchants require a securecode e.g www.asos.com , play.google.com e.t.c The securecode has to be set by you and will br used on each site that requires it.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by youngbilly1: 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hi fatai, am new to this. I wanna ask which cargo company will you advise i use to ship packages from china to nigeria. Have worked with a company they charge $10 commission and $15 per KG even on a $5 item they still charge $10 commission and $15 per Kg thats very expensive. Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by dombible(m): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2013
fatai2:

Select ur product from ur desired store. Click on start order under contact supplier (in orange color background), it will lead u to order page. Go to PAYMENT METHOD select escrow and continue! Good luck
ok thank you so much bro...
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by youngbilly1: 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
hello everyone
am new to this. I wanna ask which cargo company will you advise i use to ship packages from china to Nigeria. Have worked with a company they charge $10 commission and $15 per KG even on a $5 item they still charge $10 commission and $15 per Kg thats very expensive. Thanks.

2. am ordering for an item on www.aliexpress.com but when it time to fill the address for the item to be shipped i dont see anything like china or people's republic of china, am confused china is not on the country list.

thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mayorall(m): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
youngbilly1: hello everyone
am new to this. I wanna ask which cargo company will you advise i use to ship packages from china to Nigeria. Have worked with a company they charge $10 commission and $15 per KG even on a $5 item they still charge $10 commission and $15 per Kg thats very expensive. Thanks.

2. am ordering for an item on www.aliexpress.com but when it time to fill the address for the item to be shipped i dont see anything like china or people's republic of china, am confused china is not on the country list.

thanks

Lols. China is the location its been broken down into province. Like Hong Kong, Beijing, Guangzhou, guangdong .
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by youngbilly1: 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
mayorall:

Lols. China is the location its been broken down into province. Like Hong Kong, Beijing, Guangzhou, guangdong .

thanks bro pls i didnt see Guangzhou amongst the list only hong kong ...please what about my first question?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mayorall(m): 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
youngbilly1:

thanks bro pls i didnt see Guangzhou amongst the list only hong kong ...please what about my first question?

If you can't pay, use China post, Hong Kong post or singapore post to ship its mostly 95% free.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by youngbilly1: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
mayorall:

If you can't pay, use China post, Hong Kong post or singapore post to ship its mostly 95% free.

bro i mean in the list of countries i look for Guangzhou, i only saw hongkong in the list of countries..am not talking about China post, Hong Kong post or singapore post to ship.
heres the address am shipping too No.899, SanYuan Li Avenue, GuangZhou, China.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 11:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
youngbilly1: hello everyone

thanks

Fmirst of all, let me. start by thanking everybody for all the contributions on this thread.

@youngbilly1, try looking searching for mainland(meaning china mainland). If its not available, go to order message field and give the seller instruction to send ur goods to the sanyuanli address but its very important to include mobile n0.

Let me also give you another reliable cargo
Company within working distance from that ur sanyuanli address, but they only deliver to lagos and they charge only 4.8usd/kg shipping excluding clearing;

SKY CARGO +8613560453493.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by yemi2plus(m): 11:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
fatai2:

Fmirst of all, let me. start by thanking everybody for all the contributions on this thread.

@youngbilly1, try looking searching for mainland(meaning china mainland). If its not available, go to order message field and give the seller instruction to send ur goods to the sanyuanli address but its very important to include mobile n0.

Company within working distance from that ur sanyuanli address, but they only deliver to lagos and they charge only 4.8usd/kg shipping excluding clearing;

their website please.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by youngbilly1: 5:23am On Dec 27, 2013
fatai2:

thanks a lot
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
yemi2plus:
their website please.

They don't have website. But if u need those wit website u shuld try choice intl forwarding co ltd.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Uses Stick To Operate ATM As Coronavirus Precautionary Measure (Pix, Video) / Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day / BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.