Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

"SHUGA" Season 3 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "SHUGA" Season 3 (27403 Views)

Download MTV Shuga Season 1, 2, 3, 4 / MTV Launches 'Shuga' Season 4 (pictures) / Pictures Of Basket Mouth, Tiwa Savage And More At The Premiere Of SHUGA Season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"SHUGA" Season 3 by JadeWilliam(f): 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
The show is bn televised on MTVBASE evry Sundays by 8pm&a repeat by midnyt;AIT-9pm on Thursdays;EbonyTv;WAP Tv-Saturday by 9pm;Real TV on Saturdays by 8pm;AMC on Mondays by 8/8.30pm.

It premiered 2nyt&episodes were mind boggling.Sophie is a university girl who has a sugar daddy just started a r/shp wit him)&at d beginnin of 2nyts show,showed dat Sophie slept wit her sugar daddy&sh mentioned 2her Sugar D dat dat's d 2nd tym they're having s*x without a condom&he happens 2b HIV+.

Meanwhile d same Sophie had unprotected s*x wit Ekene(a player) who just relocated back 2Naija&is inlove wit DJ Foxy.

Let's discuss if u'r watchin d show

1 Like

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Your topic is too 'bulky'! Just change it to "SHUGA Series fanpage". and you are giving too much away angry angry angry angry. Don't post spoilers.

Nice thread anyway smiley
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by portage(m): 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Shuga is very rich in terms of Continental Africa coming to terms with social issues we face every day. Nairobi Kenya-did a very great job from casting, location, recording, editing, professionalism of the camera crew, and most importantly the quality story line. I came across the series by chance on YouTube and I binge watched every single clip available at a go!

Now, learning that series 3 is out and focused on Nigeria is a great thing! However, I have my few cents of contribution after watching the very first episode of the third series:

At the moment, we (viewers) cannot precisely say much about the ending-however; what I saw personally is not up to par with what Kenya offered in the first two series! Yes, it is a good thing introducing Femi the Nigerian guy, however, the story is beginning to center around him! Why is that if I may ask? Also, they should try to use other popular music from around Africa as sound track and not just Nigerian music now! After all, Shuga Kenya used Nigerian music!

In my opinion, I think the Shuga franchise aimed to center around social issues confronting societies in different parts of Africa. For example, it is safe to say HIV/AIDS is a confirmed part of East and South Africa and it has become an issue that needs drastic and urgent attention by the youths in that part of the world. Thus, a story was told to create more awareness.

Therefore, it is important for those guys that wrote the script for the Nigerian version to write something peculiar to the Nigerian society! Something more in the line of corruption and how it has affected every segment of the Nigerian society. It is a known fact that corruption is evident from the presidency in Abuja to the orange seller in the market, vendor on the streets, your next door neighbor, Government ministries, Banking institution etc etc. They can also find a way to bring in HIV/AIDS spread in Nigeria as a direct link to corruption and poverty!

Just my two cents-best wishes to Shuga Nigeria crew wink.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by toluxe0075: 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
finally a thread for shuga, i thought i was the only one watching this, i love the first episode, it was captivating and engaging, i'm yet to see the first two seasons, i don't know how good they are so i can't make any comparism, but this new shuga looks good, i'm looking forward for tonight's episode

2 Likes

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by portage(m): 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
I suggest you watch the first two series (Nairobi Kenya, available on you Tube) and make your comparison too.
I just feel the Nigerian version is not saying much about our unique society and problems......just saying wink Whoever wrote the Nigerian Shuga script is piecing from past drama series and home videos (Owuro l'ojo in early 90's for example).

Again, somebody said Nigerian version will present finer/prettier girls grin na wa o....i never see any fine girl from the first episode so far and the girls from Kenya will beat any Naija babe when it comes to acting without without limitation wink.

By the way, pretty faces should not be the basis to judge a show. It is the underlying message being passed across that matters.

2 Likes

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by JadeWilliam(f): 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
portage: Shuga is very rich in terms of Continental Africa.Now, learning that series 3 is out and focused on Nigeria is a great thing!

what I saw personally is not up to par with what Kenya offered in the first two series!
wink.
What u said made a whole lot of sense.I lov d way SHUGA series was highly advertised&d actors&storyline ar damn good.Cos most producers in Nollywood ar avoidin HIV storyline while dat sh*t has gone deep in our society

Nigerian own wil b betta than Kenya's own.Mind u;ours is just kicking up.D Kenyan actresses were weird lookin&seemed lik they were trying so hard 2act plus those their horrible accent but look at Sophie&her sister Princess&d rest(stil tryin 2master their names) ar just so natural&dat Sophe's SD's driver is also another roghedi-baba.

I'l giv Tiwa's acting skills thumbs up though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by JadeWilliam(f): 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
portage:

Yes, it is a good thing introducing Femi the Nigerian guy, however, the story is beginning to center around him! Why is that if I may ask? Also, they should try to use other popular music from around Africa as sound track and not just Nigerian music now! After all, Shuga Kenya used Nigerian music!

Therefore, it is important for those guys that wrote the script for the Nigerian version to write something peculiar to the Nigerian society! They can also find a way to bring in HIV/AIDS spread in Nigeria as a direct link to corruption and poverty!

I don't c how d show is centred around Femi.I'm even sayin its Sophie-centred sef.Anyway,mak we dey watch dey go.Using Nigerian music isn't bad at al cos most Nigerians musics ar d most popular in Africa.

I think SHUGA season 4 might bring in other African musics&focus on d corruption&poverty u talked abt but d way dis season is goin is stil good.

Mind u,they were tryin 2win Nigerian audience wit dis season 3 cos most Nigerians didn't knw abt d show;dats y they were smart enuf 2use Tiwa 2front d show&it actually premiered in Nigeria dis tym around.
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by JadeWilliam(f): 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
portage:
Again, somebody said Nigerian version will present finer/prettier girls grin na wa o....i never see any fine girl from the first episode so far and the girls from Kenya will beat any Naija babe when it comes to acting without without limitation wink.
Sophie no b fine girl ni.
2fine reach lik dat no easy o grin grin grin

Dat DJ Foxy has one kin look.
Sh no resemble Naija babe at al.
Sh com resemble al these Kenyan/South African babes wey dey resemble descendants of Gods must b crazy.If their eye no big,their nose go bend or their teeth no go fit enter d mouth or their ear go draw back&d shape of their head go b lik German mango grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
Finally, I finished the first two seasons.....don't blame me, na time cause am
It's nice, but Those Kenya girls are HUGLY! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed <-----I think that's an understatement grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

I feel the Nigerian version more smiley. More class

2 Likes

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
As usual, we like to compare and scrutinize ours

portage: Shuga is very rich in terms of Continental Africa coming to terms with social issues we face every day. Nairobi Kenya-did a very great job from casting, location, recording, editing, professionalism of the camera crew, and most importantly the quality story line. I came across the series by chance on YouTube and I binge watched every single clip available at a go!

Now, learning that series 3 is out and focused on Nigeria is a great thing! However, I have my few cents of contribution after watching the very first episode of the third series:

At the moment, we (viewers) cannot precisely say much about the ending-however; what I saw personally is not up to par with what Kenya offered in the first two series! Yes, it is a good thing introducing Femi the Nigerian guy, however, the story is beginning to center around him! Why is that if I may ask? Also, they should try to use other popular music from around Africa as sound track and not just Nigerian music now! After all, Shuga Kenya used Nigerian music!

In my opinion, I think the Shuga franchise aimed to center around social issues confronting societies in different parts of Africa. For example, it is safe to say HIV/AIDS is a confirmed part of East and South Africa and it has become an issue that needs drastic and urgent attention by the youths in that part of the world. Thus, a story was told to create more awareness.

Therefore, it is important for those guys that wrote the script for the Nigerian version to write something peculiar to the Nigerian society! Something more in the line of corruption and how it has affected every segment of the Nigerian society. It is a known fact that corruption is evident from the presidency in Abuja to the orange seller in the market, vendor on the streets, your next door neighbor, Government ministries, Banking institution etc etc. They can also find a way to bring in HIV/AIDS spread in Nigeria as a direct link to corruption and poverty!

Just my two cents-best wishes to Shuga Nigeria crew wink.
The kenya version had 3 episodes for season 1 and 6 episodes for season 2. I guess it's not gonna be that way for the Nigerian version, it's now like a typical TV series that will air till kingdom come, so maybe we shouldn't expect it to be fast paced like the first 2 seasons. And I like it that way. Have you guys not had enough movie/series blaming Government already? The day this series turn that route is the day I seize to watch.

btw, Kenya used Nigerian music cos they listen to Nigerian music and also probably to catch Nigerian audience (which didn't work). While in Nigeria, we don't listen to any other music except Nigerian Music and western music, so including one Mafikizolo song will only turn people like me off angry

1 Like

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by JadeWilliam(f): 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
speedyboi:
It's nice, but Those Kenya girls are HUGLY! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed <-----I think that's an understatement grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

LMAO grin grin
I think Nigerian babes ar d finest in Africa walai.Even our men dey represent joor.

Those Kenya babes ar weird looking.Thats y I was reluctant 2watch d season 1&2 wen MTVbase was retelevising it som wks ago cos I lov 2fine fine faces on my screen Mehnnn

1 Like

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by JadeWilliam(f): 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
speedyboi: While in Nigeria, we don't listen to any other music except Nigerian Music and western music, so including one Mafikizolo song will only turn people like me off angry
LMAO grin grin grin grin
U spoke my mind.Apart frm Toya De Lazy&one other SA music,na Naija I dey rock.
Those R2Bees abi wetin b their names sef,their music is so whack.How were they even nominated 4BET award? Abi ar they d only musicians in Ghana?C their performance on Big brother eviction show sef.So So So So under d sock-away.So whch music again do u want dem 2play on SHUGA?

1 Like

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by portage(m): 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
@speedyboi

Constructive criticism is all about fine tuning a "made" product. Nothing is 100% perfect, however things can be better.
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel (or share other peoples worldview) read only one page" St Augustine.

Travel, move around, make friends even from other tribes in Nigeria and broaden your world knowledge. Learn to see the world from different perspective. Nigeria is not the only country in Africa. See the bold from the quote above. I only made suggestions to include songs or entertainers from other places. If you cease watching the series-so be it, some other people will continue to watch……after all the show is free!

@Jade Williams
Sophie girl no bad for a Nigerian babe smiley She truly acted the way those university girls dey behave.......as in one local girl from a remote part of Nigeria wey con dey form BIG girl for Campus because she dey double and triple date/sleep around grin
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
Jade William:
LMAO grin grin grin grin
U spoke my mind.Apart frm Toya De Lazy&one other SA music,na Naija I dey rock.
Those R2Bees abi wetin b their names sef,their music is so whack.How were they even nominated 4BET award? Abi ar they d only musicians in Ghana?C their performance on Big brother eviction show sef.So So So So under d sock-away.So whch music again do u want dem 2play on SHUGA?

wait ooo....African music is cool, we just don't listen to them. A considerable percent of Nigerian music is whack, And I hate the fact that Ghanaians are trying to copy it
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by portage(m): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
speedyboi: Finally, I finished the first two seasons.....don't blame me, na time cause am

Now, show us the Class undecided undecided

I think we should even say a BIG THANK YOU to whoever provided the sophisticated camera/recording crew. I can bet with anything that those crew are not Nigerians in anyway! We are still learning to make flawless video recording.

Now you are talking when you said above that "a considerable number of Nigerian music is whack"
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
portage:

Now, show us the Class undecided undecided

I think we should even say a BIG THANK YOU to whoever provided the sophisticated camera/recording crew. I can bet with anything that those crew are not Nigerians in anyway! We are still learning to make flawless video recording.

Now you are talking when you said above that "a considerable number of Nigerian music is whack"
Lol, you obviously don't know how far filmmaking has gone in Nigeria. Try to get a ticket and see a Nollywood movie at the cinemas......I'm sure you will come out to say the crew are not Nigerians as well. Na Inferiority Complex dey worry you.

For your info, over 90% of the crew members of Shuga are Nigerians! You can do yourself a favour of checking the credits on this week's episode.

Well, there are still Nigerians who are doing well for themselves in their career, And stop having the mentality of "This is impossible in Nigeria", it's one of the things drawing us back.

last bullet: E be like say na me you come reply for this thread grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by portage(m): 10:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
Speech is Silver......while Silence is golden wink wink
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
I've been an ardent follower of Shuga right from the beginning when it was set in Kenya. While I liked the Kenyan version, I prefer the Naija version mainly because it has more twists than the Kenyan version. It keeps me waiting impatiently for the next episode. Also, it's very easy for me to get engaged in the show as per the Naija swag and hustle aspect. tongue

speedyboi: Finally, I finished the first two seasons.....don't blame me, na time cause am

All (both guys and girls) of them were UGLY. It wasn't even funny when I used to watch it back then. I spent more time trying to figure out how some people could be so ugly than getting the message behind the show.

2 Likes

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
AdannayaBella: All (both guys and girls) of them were UGLY. It wasn't even funny when I used to watch it back then. I spent more time trying to figure out how some people could be so ugly than getting the message behind the show.

ah! You are not nice grin. Make una dey fear God na embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
Who saw the 4th episode?

Need help with one of the songs they used. I need the song badly. Google couldn't help
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by SupermodelVicky(f): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2013
AdannayaBella: e. Also, it's very easy for me to get engaged in the show as per the Naija swag and hustle aspect. tongue
U'r so on point.I so so love d Naija version too
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by SupermodelVicky(f): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2013
AdannayaBella:
All (both guys and girls) of them were UGLY. It wasn't even funny when I used to watch it back then. I spent more time trying to figure out how some people could be so ugly than getting the message behind the show.
And dis got me laaughin so so hard. grin grin grin grin
Mayb d Kenyan version whch had so many ugly ppl in it sent d mssg dat d ugly ones f**k around more mayb due 2low self esteem or somthng.
I didn't lik d Kenyan version.D babes were damn uggggly
I'm glad Tiwa is on dis season 3&Sophie&Malaika&Sophie's sister are ok too.
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
SupermodelVicky:
And dis got me laaughin so so hard. grin grin grin grin
Mayb d Kenyan version whch had so many ugly ppl in it sent d mssg dat d ugly ones f**k around more mayb due 2low self esteem or somthng.
I didn't lik d Kenyan version.D babes were damn uggggly
I'm glad Tiwa is on dis season 3&Sophie&Malaika&Sophie's sister are ok too.
Sophie is the prettiest girl on the show. I love her chocolate complexion.

I just watched episode 3 on youtube, what a sad ending. Nii needs to be castrated. And that old and useless nympho called Solomon, he doesn't want anybody messing with his daughter but he enjoys transmitting HIV to other people's daughters. He's a big joker!

1 Like

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by SupermodelVicky(f): 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
tayo_@st:
Who saw the 4th episode?

Need help with one of the songs they used. I need the song badly. Google couldn't help
Episode 4 hasn't bn televised unless u'r talkin abt episode 3.Whch song ar u trippin abt so badly
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by SupermodelVicky(f): 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
AdannayaBella:
Sophie is the prettiest girl on the show. I love her chocolate complexion.

I just watched episode 3 on youtube, what a sad ending. Nii needs to be castrated. And that old and useless nympho called Solomon, he doesn't want anybody messing with his daughter but he enjoys transmitting HIV to other people's daughters. He's a big joker!
Useless indeed.Dats how d world is: A killer doesn't allow d knife 2go behind his back
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by SupermodelVicky(f): 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
D writers of dis Sugar ar so on point.Sophie na wakoo babe.Afta goin 4test,sh stil went back 2d same guy dat sh knws korokoro get HIV.Instead of her 2repent.

Sophie is just a typical example of beauty without brains.Sh said sh's broke so sh's goin out manhaunting again since her sugar D "Solomon" dumped her because sh told him "No condom,No sex" so d man called it quits wit her.

Sh didn't even bother 2ask her parents if her sister whom sh sent home arrived safely.Now Sophie's sister has bn approached by Sophie's HIV ex "Solomon".They might soon start dating.He's already woeing her wit money.These rich men eh!!

Dat Malaika's boyfrnd abi husbnd dat beats up such a fine babe.Kai!! U c how men drive their women in2 d arms of another man?&dat Malaika is such a level headed girl.
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by realteflon(m): 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
SupermodelVicky: D writers of dis Sugar ar so on point.Sophie na wakoo babe.Afta goin 4test,sh stil went back 2d same guy dat sh knws korokoro get HIV.Instead of her 2repent.

Sophie is just a typical example of beauty without brains.Sh said sh's broke so sh's goin out manhaunting again since her sugar D "Solomon" dumped her because sh told him "No condom,No sex" so d man called it quits wit her.

Sh didn't even bother 2ask her parents if her sister whom sh sent home arrived safely.Now Sophie's sister has bn approached by Sophie's HIV ex "Solomon".They might soon start dating.He's already woeing her wit money.These rich men eh!!

Dat Malaika's boyfrnd abi husbnd dat beats up such a fine babe.Kai!! U c how men drive their women in2 d arms of another man?&dat Malaika is such a level headed girl.

I give it to the script writters but will give it more the character description of sophie,also the facial expression & body language ar nt properly acted out. I know this because am an aspiring filmmakers

1 Like

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 21, 2013
SupermodelVicky:
Episode 4 hasn't bn televised unless u'r talkin abt episode 3.Whch song ar u trippin abt so badly

Episode 4 was televised on Tuesday.

SPOILER ALERT:
'Foye went for the test in the company of 'Femi (I'll stop there).
Malaika's husband found out she's been taking birth control pills secretly, didn't go down well.

The song I'm looking for was used in the last two scenes, where Tiwa was taking wine then where Malaika was sobing on the bed while her husband dressed up for work.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by SupermodelVicky(f): 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
tayo_@st:

Episode 4 was televised on Tuesday.

The song I'm looking for was used in the last two scenes, where Tiwa was taking wine then where Malaika was sobing on the bed while her husband dressed up for work.

Thank you
Really? Whch station televised it on Tuesday? I usually watch it on MTVbase on Sundays&som other stations on Saturday.

I don't really knw d song u'r talkin abt&d SHUGA website doesn't even hav any info 2dish out cos I went there 2check out d real names of Sophie;Ugly Ekene;Malaika&Foye 2knw if they're Nigerians but cudn't fin anythng.
Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by SupermodelVicky(f): 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Malaika&Tii

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by SupermodelVicky(f): 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sophie telling her bestie Foye dat sh went 4HIV test wit her bf cos sh fvcked him.
Y wud sh even drop dat kind of bomb on her wen sh's working?

Re: "SHUGA" Season 3 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
SupermodelVicky:
Really? Whch station televised it on Tuesday? I usually watch it on MTVbase on Sundays&som other stations on Saturday.

I don't really knw d song u'r talkin abt&d SHUGA website doesn't even hav any info 2dish out cos I went there 2check out d real names of Sophie;Ugly Ekene;Malaika&Foye 2knw if they're Nigerians but cudn't fin anythng.

I think it's aired on EbonyTV as well.

I think I can say something about the cast now!

First and foremost....Leonora Okine is 'HOOOT'! like fire. I dey shiver whenever I see her on screen embarassed embarassed grin grin. And I think she's the best actress so far. And She's so versatile....I tried so hard to see the 'Angela Dede' in her, but it was no where to be found.

Sophie is very pretty as well.....

Femi is too 'over dramatic'....I noticed it since the first episode.

Tiwa Savage can't act abeg. And it doesn't look like her character is leaving anytime soon...torture cry cry cry cry. But I must say her first appearance at the snooker table and her scenes in the first episode gave an impression that 'mehn, so this girl can act'. After the first episode, I retracted my first thoughts angry angry angry angry.

And see how fat that 'dear mother' little girl has become! hian

unto the characters:
That Solo man is just plain wicked......So He's deliberately spreading HIV souvenir to his lovers? Kai, people no get conscience. I hope his daughter and Weki 'makes a mistake' and fvck unprotected! angry angry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot,Monalisa,Banky W,Others Stun At Movie Premiere Of 'Falling'(Pics) / Bbnaija: Vee Evicted From The Big Brother House / List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.