Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know (1535 Views)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Did Mary Give Birth To Other Children Aside Jesus Christ? / Does Jesus Know What Causes Sin? Thank Goodness He Doesn't. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2013
How did mary the mother of Jesus knew that jesus could turn water in wine.

John 2 : 3 - 5

"And when they ran out of wine, the mother of jesus said to him, they have no wine.

Jesus said to her, woman what does your concern have to do with me? my hour has not yet come.

His mother said to the servants, whatever he says to you, do it".
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by vickyO(f): 10:04am On Dec 02, 2013
jdilight: How did mary the mother of Jesus knew that jesus could turn water in wine.

John 2 : 3 - 5

"And when they ran out of wine, the mother of jesus said to him, they have no wine.

Jesus said to her, woman what does your concern have to do with me? my hour has not yet come.

His mother said to the servants, whatever he says to you, do it".
Because she knew who he was. The angel told her, go figure.

1 Like

Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
Because she knew who he was. The angel told her, go figure.

The angel didn't tell her jesus could do miracle, did he?

look at mary's last statement, His mother said to the servants,
"whatever he says to you, do it".

What do u make of that last statement?
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2013
I think poor Mary was very much relieved that wine has finished before his drunkard son drank himself into a stupor and start misbehaving. She went and told him that alcohol has finished so that he would go away and not bring embarrassment once more to the family. Instead he replied that his hour has not yet come. His drinking hour has not yet arrived! Happy hour. Free booze hour.
See how he speaks to his mother. Who in his right mind talks to his own mother like this: woman what does your concern have to do with me?
Mary was taken aback at the retort and to avoid a scene, she asked the servant to do whatever her son asks because she knows that it is chaos whenever things don't go his way.
What Mary didn't know was that his son came prepared, with his own booze.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 10:21am On Dec 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: I think poor Mary was very much relieved that wine has finished before his drunkard son drank himself into a stupor and start misbehaving. She went and told him that alcohol has finished so that he would go away and not bring embarrassment once more to the family. Instead he replied that his hour has not yet come. His drinking hour has not yet arrived! Happy hour. Free booze hour.
See how he speaks to his mother. Who in his right mind talks to his own mother like this: woman what does your concern have to do with me?
Mary was taken aback at the retort and to avoid a scene, she asked the servant to do whatever her son asks because she knows that it is chaos whenever things don't go his way.
What Mary didn't know was that his son came prepared, with his own booze.

This is from a twisted mind, go study that place with open mind dear.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by vickyO(f): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2013
jdilight:

The angel didn't tell her Jesus could do miracle, did he?
I said the angel told her who Jesus was. And from the prophecies of old you'd see that this Saviour promised is indeed great. Read Luke 1
To explain further,
Mary also knew He could perform miracles because he actually did.
Living Translation
John2:4
In response to Mary's request, He said, "I can't help you now, it isn't yet my time for miracles."
In vs. 11
"This miracle at Cana in Galilee was Jesus' first public demonstration of his heaven-sent power. And his disciples believed that he really was the Messiah."
That means he had bee performing miracles before that day.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
I said the angel told her who Jesus was. And from the prophecies of old you'd see that this Saviour promised is indeed great. Read Luke 1
To explain further,
Living Translation
In response to Mary's request, He said, "I can't help you now, it isn't yet my time for miracles."
In vs. 11
"This miracle at Cana in Galilee was Jesus' first public demonstration of his heaven-sent power. And his disciples believed that he really was the Messiah."

Jesus has been performing miracles in secrets which mary witnessed and believed.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by vickyO(f): 10:49am On Dec 02, 2013
jdilight:

Jesus has been performing miracles in secrets which mary witnessed and believed.
Are you okay with that?
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
Are you okay with that?

This likely is a good opinion than she knew from prophecy or being told by angels.

The last statement of mary hints that she had missed some miracles simply because she didn't pay attention to doing what he had told her to do.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by vickyO(f): 10:59am On Dec 02, 2013
jdilight:

This likely is a good opinion than she knew from prophecy or being told by angels.

The last statement of mary hints that she had missed some miracles simply because she didn't pay attention to doing what he had told her to do.

I don't understand your point.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by Syncan(m): 11:13am On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:

Nor do I.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by lanaVello1(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
he's drivin at a possibility of miracles not workin on mary cos she didn't ff instructions in d past hence she was tellin em do what he asks u to do from xperience.
#
baseless speculation!

1 Like

Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by vickyO(f): 11:21am On Dec 02, 2013
lana_Vello:
he's drivin at a possibility of miracles not workin on mary cos she didn't ff instructions in d past hence she was tellin em do what he asks u to do from xperience.
#
baseless speculation!
If so, I agree with the bolded.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by Syncan(m): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2013
lana_Vello:
#
baseless speculation!

vickyO:
If so, I agree with the bolded.

I'll rather he comes and finish what he started.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by vickyO(f): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2013
Syncan:

I'll rather he come and finish what he started.
Yeah.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 02, 2013
jdilight:

This is from a twisted mind, go study that place with open mind dear.

What if Jesus was actually a drunk and the bible was silent on that. He was drunk when he got caught that he became sober on the cross. Remember he shouted ...Father why have you forsaken me!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by vickyO(f): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2013
ifeness:

What if Jesus was actually a drunk and the bible was silent on that. He was drunk when he got caught that he became sober on the cross. Remember he shouted ...Father why have you forsaken me!!!!!!!!!!!
What
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2013
Guy you know fit speak English ni.It is know not knew.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by vickyO(f): 11:50am On Dec 02, 2013
FOOL FINDER: Guy you know fit speak English ni.It is know not knew.
I wanted to tell him, he made a similar in his other thread.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:54am On Dec 02, 2013
ifeness:

Actually, the bible wasn't silent on that: https://www.nairaland.com/1538306/jesus-drunkard-yes-he-confessed
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by fredx4(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
To explain further,
Living Translation
In vs. 11
That's correct
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by SalC: 3:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
fredx4:
That's correct
How did you know it‘s correct?
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
jdilight:

l agree with you.

Jesus had been performing miracles before probably in secret before this public demonstration of miracle.

my point is if the above is TRUE, then he followed the basic principle of success " practice makes perfect".
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
FOOL FINDER: Guy you know fit speak English ni.It is know not knew.

lol, yes l no fit speak ooo.

by the way am reporting a past event.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by fredx4(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sal C:
To be honest I don't any christian should be concerned with how mary knew that Jesus could perform miracles. But it will do you a lot of good to remember that this was the mother of Jesus and she had known him for 30 years. She conceived him without meeting with a man, she witnessed him argiung with the pharisees at the age of twelve and she also witnessed so many other things that were spectacular in the life of Jesus, so u shouldn't be suprised that she knew Jesus Christ was the messiah and could perform miracles
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by fredx4(m): 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sal C:
To be honest I don't thiink any christian should be concerned with how Mary knew that Jesus could perform miracles. But it will do you a lot of good to remember that this was the mother of Jesus and she had known him for 30 years. She conceived him without meeting with a man, she witnessed him argiung with the pharisees at the age of twelve and she also witnessed so many other things that were spectacular in the life of Jesus, so u shouldn't be suprised that she knew Jesus Christ was the messiah and could perform miracles
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
fredx4:
To be honest I don't thiink any christian should be concerned with how Mary knew that Jesus could perform miracles. But it will do you a lot of good to remember that this was the mother of Jesus and she had known him for 30 years. She conceived him without meeting with a man, she witnessed him argiung with the pharisees at the age of twelve and she also witnessed so many other things that were spectacular in the life of Jesus, so u shouldn't be suprised that she knew Jesus Christ was the messiah and could perform miracles

The point is Jesus never did anything out side lay down principles as many have been made to believe. He followed principles before anything could work in his favor. lf any follow the same principles Jesus followed he will get the same results jesus got. Angels visiting the fellows mum or not.

Bros until you question the known (show concern) , you cannot know the unknown.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by fredx4(m): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
jdilight:

The point is Jesus never did anything out side lay down principles as many have been made to believe. He followed principles before anything could work in his favor. lf any follow the same principles Jesus followed he will get the same results jesus got. Angels visiting the fellows mum or not.

Bros until you question the known (show concern) , you cannot know the unknown.
And what are the principles?
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
fredx4:
And what are the principles?

It took Jesus 30 good years to perfect, how will you believe me if l tell you?

The principle separate the son of God from the child of God.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by fredx4(m): 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
jdilight:

It took Jesus 30 good years to perfect, how will you believe me if l tell you?

The principle separate the son of God from the child of God.
Are you a christian? If u are, which church do you attend?
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by jdilight(m): 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
fredx4:
Are you a christian? If u are, which church do you attend?

The first thing people ask you when anything religion challenge their long held religious believe is,"which church do you attend"?

Am a christian but l wouldn't tell you my church.

Churches make you a child of God but not a son of God. Sons of God are made by practice and effort by the would be sons, not God.
Re: How Did Mary The Mother Of Jesus Know by Syncan(m): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
jdilight:

The first thing people ask you when anything religion challenge their long held religious believe is,"which church do you attend"?

Am a christian but l wouldn't tell you my church.

Churches make you a child of God but not a son of God. Sons of God are made by practice and effort by the would be sons, not God.

Do you still have something to say on this topic, or should I unfollow this thread?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In: Emmanuel Emenike Converts To Islam / All Religions Want Peace, It's The Others Who Want War-pope(picture Gallery) / Apostle Johnson Suleiman buys new private jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.