Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos (23883 Views)

Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Boy Kills Sister Using Wrestling Moves Learned On TV / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Tolexander: 10:25am On Dec 02, 2013
Nigeria’s Osita Offor, aka De Ultimate Commander, will be defending his heavyweight wrestling title against United States’ Bobby Lashley on December 6 in Lagos.

Addressing a news conference ahead of the fight in Lagos on Saturday, the promoter of the event Arinze Aghaeliaku said the event would feature singers Tuface Idibia and Omawumi.

Both musicians, scheduled to perform at intervals during the fight, are packaged under the Aghalieaku Entertainment in collaboration with popular showbiz impresario Tee Mac Itseli.

Aghaeliaku said apart from thrilling wrestling fans with the bouts, the event would also be used to exhibit Nigerian arts and culture to guests from different parts of the world.

The promoter, who declined to reveal the amount involved in bankrolling the event, said what was important was to provide an opportunity for the Nigerian wrestler to defend his title before his countrymen.

“I can tell you that I am using the show to portray the good side of Nigeria to the world at large. It is not about associating Nigeria with crimes but about cultural re-awakening, which the fight is meant to project,” Aghaeliaku said.

Secretary of the Nigeria Wrestling Federation Ralph Nwofor said a high tech 2011 19X19 metre World Wrestling Federation-approved ring was already on its way to Nigeria for the event.

Wrestlers expected to feature in the tag team fights include Marty Wright, Anthony Mayweather, Cliff Treiber and Troy Martin (The Franchise Shane Douglas).

Others are Jason Adams, Ghana’s David Njo Matike, Jay Batista and Eric Milford, Sione Vailahi (the Barbarian), Junior Fatu (Rikishi) and Kevin Sullivan.

On his readiness for the fight, De Ultimate Commander said, “I have never lost any fight so it is going to be a great motivation for me to have defend my title before fellow Nigerians.”
orisun

1 Like

Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by homesteady(m): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2013
I hope he wins
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by AbuMikey(m): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2013

^^

Same here bro!

2 Likes

Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 02, 2013
I want him to lose.
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Tolexander: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2013
De Ultimate Commander
said, “I
have never lost any fight
so
it is
going to be a great
motivation
for me to have defend my
title
before fellow Nigerians.”
how many tough wrestlers has he fought?

Has he fought batista, undertaker, john cena, chris benoit(rip), rvd et al or the females like stacy kiebler, barbie blank, mickie james et al?

All the best bro. We don't pray for samuel peter things o!

Looking forward to you toppling that unbeaten undertaker's wrestlemania record.
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by saintneo(m): 1:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
i hope this is the usual fake fights organised by WWE

3 Likes

Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by abm2pistle(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
angry
angry
Austeenx: I want him to lose.

Haba bros try to show love, dnt frget is a Nigerian too.
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by ebig21(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Youpele52: 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
Booking this space. Will be back to comment on the matter at hand, gimme 2mins.
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Brymo: 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
See beating of life,unfolding.
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by arewatech(m): 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Can someone teach me how send friend request on Nairaland?

Tenk cool

2 Likes

Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by agitator: 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
ok
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Ekhemini(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Na him d sell vaseline? grin grin
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by vizboy(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
all the best and make us proud
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Drsnives(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
Is this the same bobby that was in WWE b4? if na him then bro just dey prepare cos na hell fire u won c

2 Likes

Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by subsidy12: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
Pls I need details of this event. I wanna be there live. No dulling

1 Like

Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
Why won't he win? Jars is talking undecided. Confirm charm!!!! He go beat lashley like mumu....lets wait and seee cool #iJoshy

1 Like

Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by donem: 6:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
Best of luck Ultimate commander
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Tinoxky: 6:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wow!
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by otijah(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
I dnt really knw weda this bobby lashley, is nw a Nigerian wrestler or wot
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by searay(m): 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
Abeg which station go show am?
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by otijah(m): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
arewatech: Can someone teach me how send friend request on Nairaland?

Tenk cool
drop ur pics first, so we knw ur hw ur face is b4 teaching u.

4 Likes

Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by amiskurie(m): 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
Tolexander: how many tough wrestlers has he fought?

Has he fought batista, undertaker, john cena, chris benoit(rip), rvd et al or the females like stacy kiebler, barbie blank, mickie james et al?

All the best bro. We don't pray for samuel peter things o!

Looking forward to you toppling that unbeaten undertaker's wrestlemania record.
lol,chris benoit is dead na?
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by searay(m): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
The show will have only independent pro wrestlers. Anyways Pro wrestling is real and fake.
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by mazizitonene(m): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wud av preferred undertaker or big show tongue
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by FNG3: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
saintneo: i hope this is the usual fake fights organised by WWE

i wouldn't call it fake,fake is a wrong choice of words.wrestling matches are scripted not fake.the beatings and bumps they take throughout the matches are real, but the winner of each match is predetermined by the creative team or sciptwriters.you should have noticed the devices or earplugs on the ears of the referees which enables the creative team to be able to communicate with the referees during the match.as for the match,bobby lashley will likely be booked to loose to the ultimate commander because nigerians wouldn't like to see their man loose.

6 Likes

Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
And In this age of google some niggas dont know that wrestling is stereotyped,
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2013

back to sender...
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
grin
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by GeneralJyds: 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
All d best bro...we strongly behind u
Re: Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
bobby lashley shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Barcelona Lose 3 Consecutive Home Games In A Season For The First Time / Arsenal Fan Banned By Arsenal Because Of His Tweets / Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.