Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil (24460 Views)

Poll: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil. ( choose your choice )

leaf moi-moi: 92% (86 votes)
plate moi-moi: 3% (3 votes)
nylon moi-moi: 2% (2 votes)
foil moi-moi: 2% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / My Disastrous Experience Making Moi-moi / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by omoge(f): 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2008
leaves moi moi is the best. there used to be this leaf used for wrapping rice my grandma uses for her moi moi ollllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaalala so deli kiss

i use plantain leaf as a sub but first you have to heat the leaf slightly or else ur moi moi will taste a little bit bitter.

newspaper how many ink are you gulping down? careful soul brother wink
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by minute(f): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2008
Moin moin elewe is it.

Nylon or Foil? ko matter.jije nigbogbo e.lol.
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by AmakaOne(f): 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2008
moi imoi with leaf for shizzy !

Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by clemcykul(f): 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2008
*shoutssss i love MOI MOI*

cant do widout it, i love it prepared with fresh fish or palntain or biscuit bones D grin grin

moi moi for life mehn grin grin
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by hunniebomb(f): 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2008
health wise, moi-moi with nylon is bad (don't know about foil). moi-moi made wit leaves is the best: adds flavor and its healthy.

when i was in secondary skool, one of the teachers made the skool change from using nylon to leaves, his reason: when nylon is subjected to heat, it melts so when there is moi-moi inside, the nylon melts and dats no gud.

anyway i prefer moi-moi made with leaves.
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by biyibabe(f): 6:33am On Sep 23, 2008
Moi-moi made with leaves anyday,anytime is the best,
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by sugabelle: 5:18pm On May 13, 2009
But wait, any one ever wondered why the leaves are now impossible to get to buy, or too expensive? I guess the global environmental issues have reached our cities. Imagine cooking inside polythene bags, tin cups, foil paper etc. I hope we're not harming ourselves in the long run.

@ TOPIC, moimoi tewetewe iz d best! D taste is the ish! tongue
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by tpiah: 6:03pm On May 13, 2009
leaf.
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by dominique(f): 6:18pm On May 13, 2009
LEAVES! LEAVES!! LEAVES!!!. i only manage nylon when leaves are not available. gotta to start my moi moi leaves plantation ASAP cheesy grin
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by Pepeye(f): 8:38pm On May 13, 2009
Nothing does it but the Moyin moyin with leaves
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by TOYOSI20(f): 2:16am On May 14, 2009
Either way is cool, . . .but i found out that foil is way faster, . . . . smiley

Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by mamae(f): 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
For me, I prefer moi-moi that is made with leaf because of its natural taste, besides the nylon moi-moi is not good medically for the body .
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2009
moinmoin with leaf is the best. Try and munch on the leaf after (if you ask me, I'll say we all need vegetables), cool undecided
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by mamagee6(f): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2009
What a disgusting and puky food. sad
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by deeteeneey(f): 2:46am On Aug 30, 2009
Moimoi made wit leaves is d best.
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by MrCrackles(m): 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2009
My dad said the leafy moi moi is the best. . . .
I have tried the nylon and foil type but i am indifferent! undecided
Not really my kinna food to be honest!
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by darlsharl: 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2009
ewe (leaf) is the best!
The taste is YUMMY!! grin grin grin
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by Hauwa1: 7:08pm On Aug 30, 2009
leaf is the best.

Toyosi, the foil moi moi up there, are they yours?
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by Bluemoon1(f): 1:59am On May 25, 2010
Leaf, yummy yummy
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by Fhemmmy: 3:23am On May 25, 2010
I think there is some special flava from the leaf . . . . .
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by Crazybabe(f): 2:52am On Jul 21, 2010
Moi moi made with leaf always taste different dont know y
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by eyzhvntsn: 9:43am On Jul 21, 2010
Leaf all da way. There is something about the way it tastes that is just appealing to the palate.
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by 5p1naz(m): 1:47am On Jul 22, 2010
cmon the one wif the leaf has got this crazy flavour that comes wif it,
followed by the one in the tin,
the one in the nylon is just not it, too modern i'd say wink
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by infobox: 1:07am On Aug 03, 2010
Moi moi made with leaf is the best. The reasons are not far fetched. It's the leaf. There's a particular leaf used in making the moi moi. Research has found that the leaf emits a certain kind of flavour when heated and this gives the food a unique taste and aroma. On the other hand oyinbo researchers have said, meals prepared with that leaf can cause cancer. Na only them dey know the cancer and na dem dey catch am. But meals prepared with the leaf of the plant are just sumptuous. Check out the ofada rice. Do you eat in in foil? These same researchers are in Nigeria trying to find a way they can extract the thaumatin from the plant leaf and turn it into a commercial viable product (flavour or seasoning). They say it's not good now they want to come and harvest it from Africa, refine it and sell it to us as seasonings. See sense.
For me, give me meals prepared with that leaf. Moi moi, ofada rice, Eko' agidi. Haven't seen agidi in foil or plastic cups. I wonder how it would taste. No wonder you see lots of people crowded at venues that sell moi moi in leaf. You just can't resist the aroma. I've once had to alight from a vehicle in traffic to buy the moi moi. Sooner than later, others followed suit. The whole bus was oozing with the sweet aroma of the moi moi.
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by clemcykul(f): 10:10am On Aug 03, 2010
guess am gonna make moi-moi dis weekend
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by PaaFred1: 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2011
HOW DO YOU MAKE MO MOI?

The best momoi I ever ate was a plane. It was on a leaf. How is it done

With kind regards,

Paa-Fred
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by faithuak(f): 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
See all of dem mouth wit leaf,leaf,leaf,instead of una 2 dey talk of diff method of preparin it,na only 2 chop una sabi,no be person prepare am wey u lik am? dis is mostly 4 d guys wey no sabi anytin bt 2 chop.
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by latrust(f): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
I will say leaf when prepared by me or a family member because the leaf will be properly washes before we use it. I can't buy the one prepared with leaf outside I rather go for the one prepared with foil or nylon.
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by nsyspee: 10:31am On Mar 09, 2015
What's gone wrong with moimoi cooked with plates. Likes getting sour- any help?
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by smellingmenses: 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2018
this woman e don tey o
dominique:
LEAVES! LEAVES!! LEAVES!!!. i only manage nylon when leaves are not available. gotta to start my moi moi leaves plantation ASAP cheesy grin
Re: Moi-moi Made With Leaf, Plate, Nylon Or Foil by brain22(m): 5:02am On Jun 04, 2018
The one made with leaf is very delicious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Health And Beauty Benefits Of Ewedu (jute Or Saluyot Leaves) / Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar / What Is The Best Swallow For Oha Soup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.