Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? (955 Views)

How Bible Reveals The Church That Worship In The True Bible Way / Speaking In Tongues The Bible Way / Your View On Chiftency Title: What Is The Bible Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by vickyO(f): 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
Lot of Christians today are dating and is this really right?
I believe the only time one should go into relationship is when you're ready to get married.
Some go in for the fun of it, some to be intimate with the opposite sex, some for money,.....
Some say you've got to kiss many frogs to find your Prince but that's just baseless.
Please more insights from well versed people.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by POPEII: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
How old are u if you don't mind, you are not forced to give your exact age

1 Like

Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by vickyO(f): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
POPE II: How old are u if you don't mind, you are not forced to give your exact age
Does your question relate to the topic of the thread?
Too early to derail.
Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by texanomaly(f): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
I agree. The purpose of dating should be to find a suitable marriage partner.
Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by POPEII: 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
Does your question relate to the topic of the thread?
Too early to derail.
yes it does
Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by PastorOluT(m): 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
Its not right except one is ready for marriage, though when u are ready we dont do it as the people of the world (sex n all before marriage).

1 Like

Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by POPEII: 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
I brought you viewers and commentators

1 Like

Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by vickyO(f): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
POPE II: I brought you viewers and commentators
You're lipsrsealed
POPE II: yes it does
All I need is your comment on the issue raised.
What if I'm 40?
Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by POPEII: 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
You're lipsrsealed

All I need is your comment on the issue raised.
What if I'm 40?
I'm what ? sad
Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by vickyO(f): 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
POPE II:
I'm what ? sad
Not serious. smiley
Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by ITbomb(m): 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
First of all let me fix this
I believe the only time one should go into courtship is when you're ready to get married
When a man is ready to get married, you will know but for the ladies it is very hard to know .
Unless you are a very weird nerd, there are times you just need company and much interaction with one person u find easy to be with will lead to some chemistry and before you know it , the affection develops into making commitments. A relationship has been made.
Relationships helps you understand the opposite sex much better than any book could explain and to have a healthy relationship is what you should be looking for and not NO relationship at all.
Like Apostle Paul said, 'All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient (useful): all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any (addiction)'.
Nothing prevents you from getting into a relationship , defining it well from the onset and jumping out if the guy tries anything funny but sadly, the girl has a weak power of resistance when overshadowed by a strong feeling of affection for a guy after prolonged interaction and tends to let her guards down.
Like I said , a when a guy is ready for marriage , he will make choose beyond looks and put everything in it but before then, as long as there are girls that still believe that the next guy that approach her should be able to provide for her then guys wont have any problem with that as long as the punny is guaranteed after the 'caring'.
Personally , I always say this ' I would rather go for a decent girl who understand what it is to take care of a guy than a virgin who believe the only gift she has for the man is that bloody trap and after that nothing , cos she has never been with a guy to understand how a guy thinks. Though very few got the lessons from parent but very few.
Virginity does not guarantee a romantic marriage life after the first sexx and most times virgins cannot comprehend that romance extends beyond sexx, the way u kiss him , serve his food, make him laugh, dress , text him etc matters a lot. And sadly , it is very difficult to convinced a guy not to have sexx with you when he knows that you are not a virgin. For me , i would never agree cos the days are evil and if you had done it before, i need to know what remains of it before any commitment.
Finally , even if you dont want to get into a relationship , dont put that piss-off harden face to guys , make friends, define boundaries from the onset (dont just assume he is a brother , he would not attempt such), get to know them well and dont hesitate to delete those that dont comply (dont give in to that story of 'u can change a guy') and enjoy the rich life God has blessed you with

3 Likes

Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by plaetton: 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
All this bible -based dating ,relationship and marriage themes are pure baloney.

The bible is not a manual for marriage or relationship, unless you christians, as you normally do, make it up as you go.

Let's be honest to ourselves, if that is at all possible.

When it comes to women and how men should related to them, the bible is a book from a horror movie.
The bible encourages the kidnap, sexual molestation, forced marriage, and the enslavement of women.

So when you guys talk about christian dating, I hardly understand where you are coming from. Afterall, you christians deny that Jesus was ever married or enjoyed any form of opposite intimacy relationship. Your Apostle Paul suffered from hypo-sexuality( lack sexual feelings towards women) which he admitted, or, he was gay.

The early christian fathers were , for the most part, celibate priests.
So, there is no template upon which build this bogus christian dating/ marriage thingy is to stand.

And by the way, why would any sane person, in this modern times, want mold to a lifestyle, any lifestyle, based on a model of stone-aged people?

That beats my imagination.

Do you guys desire a time machine to teleport you back to the stone age?
Perhaps??

1 Like

Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by fredx4(m): 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
The church has entered the world and the world has entered the church. Only courtship is allowed in christianity and the problem is most people find it difficult to hear from God. So even when they pray before entering into courtship they are still directed by their flesh/emotions and not the Spirit if God. Its as simple as ABC if u cannot hear from God concerning simple things u won't be able to accurately know the person God want you to enter into courtship with. So the best thing is to have a close relationship with God and u wouldn't need to be dating different men/women before u find the right one.
Re: Relationship The Bible Way. Dating Or Courting? by b3llo(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
ITbomb: First of all let me fix this

When a man is ready to get married, you will know but for the ladies it is very hard to know .
Unless you are a very weird nerd, there are times you just need company and much interaction with one person u find easy to be with will lead to some chemistry and before you know it , the affection develops into making commitments. A relationship has been made.
Relationships helps you understand the opposite sex much better than any book could explain and to have a healthy relationship is what you should be looking for and not NO relationship at all.
Like Apostle Paul said, 'All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient (useful): all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any (addiction)'.
Nothing prevents you from getting into a relationship , defining it well from the onset and jumping out if the guy tries anything funny but sadly, the girl has a weak power of resistance when overshadowed by a strong feeling of affection for a guy after prolonged interaction and tends to let her guards down.
Like I said , a when a guy is ready for marriage , he will make choose beyond looks and put everything in it but before then, as long as there are girls that still believe that the next guy that approach her should be able to provide for her then guys wont have any problem with that as long as the punny is guaranteed after the 'caring'.
Personally , I always say this ' I would rather go for a decent girl who understand what it is to take care of a guy than a virgin who believe the only gift she has for the man is that bloody trap and after that nothing , cos she has never been with a guy to understand how a guy thinks. Though very few got the lessons from parent but very few.
Virginity does not guarantee a romantic marriage life after the first sexx and most times virgins cannot comprehend that romance extends beyond sexx, the way u kiss him , serve his food, make him laugh, dress , text him etc matters a lot. And sadly , it is very difficult to convinced a guy not to have sexx with you when he knows that you are not a virgin. For me , i would never agree cos the days are evil and if you had done it before, i need to know what remains of it before any commitment.
Finally , even if you dont want to get into a relationship , dont put that piss-off harden face to guys , make friends, define boundaries from the onset (dont just assume he is a brother , he would not attempt such), get to know them well and dont hesitate to delete those that dont comply (dont give in to that story of 'u can change a guy') and enjoy the rich life God has blessed you with

(1) (Reply)

For Non Catholics: Church Or Bible Which One Came First? / Plot Against Muslims In Unilorin! / Ebola And Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.