Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? (3262 Views)

Does Glo Bis Still Work On Android? / How To Get 530MB On Your Glo Sim For Just N200 (2014 Offer) / How To Access Facebook Desktop Version On Mobile Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by digidamage: 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hi people,
I have been using GLO BIS and my bb as a modem for months now... With the 1k plan and Blackberry Desktop Manager.
But from yesterday morning till now, it connects but no internet access...
Anyone experiencing the same problem? Have they stopped tethering? Abi na only for my side?
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yes bro. I started noticing it since last week. Then I thought it was due to my location. When I moved from my area to another area, it started going once again. Buh I noticed it wasn't going again yesterday, maybe twaz my location, didn't know sha. But just try to move to another location and see what happens.

Glo shouldn't block this now o cos I need it like kilode.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by digidamage: 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
na waa ooo...
yes it happedned last week on sunday... started working a day or two later, so i doubt it was your location.
maybe they were testing blocking it and just finally made it active yesterday.
we don enter
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by bigfreak: 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
The same thing happened to mine
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by digidamage: 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Maybe i should make a new post for this , but from what am hearing from a colleague,
MTN and Etisalat reported to NCC that Airtel and GLO permit use of BB data plans on other devices (PC's and Android) saying it is "unfair competition". And both networks were instructed to deactivate them
That's why Airtel just announced that their BB plans will stop working and the Glo one has stopped as well
This kain bad belle tire me ooo.
instead of them to step up to compete, they went to ruin the one we are managing.. They have succeeded ooo. Cause i needed internet badly and had to go and activate MTN's night plan, that's what am using to browse and post now sef

1 Like

Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by packa(m): 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
are you guys heavy users? if yes ping me i have something better for ur blackberry plan n also works on modem. 24EA56B7

1 Like

Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Guys, Glo BIS still rocks on PC o. infact, thats what am even using now. I didnt know how it happens but it just connected by itself again. So dont throw away your glo sim, it still rock.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Slowpois0n: 12:32am On Dec 05, 2013
how do u guys connect your BlackBerry to browse on pc
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 8:44am On Dec 05, 2013
ALL U NEED TO HAVE IS A BB DESKTOP MANAGER WITH A USB CORD. THEN YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by emeraldlife: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2013
Am in need of serious help on my bb torch1
When I want to browse it keeps telling me that 'browising over cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must contact your service provider to change service plan.'
I can connect through wifi but I can't get my mail, bbm and default browser to browse through my bb data plan. I have subscribed two different sim but it won't connect.I have even contacted my network provider but no avail. Please somebody help me.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by digidamage: 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
it began working again like 3 days later.... guess they sorted out the issues...
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by kbbadmus1: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hibiscuss: Guys, Glo BIS still rocks on PC o. infact, thats what am even using now. I didnt know how it happens but it just connected by itself again. So dont throw away your glo sim, it still rock.

pls ooh how can i get to use dis glo bis plan on pc?
yu can get bak @ me on kbbadmus@gmail.com, tanx in anticipation.......
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 4:11am On Dec 15, 2013
pls ooh how can i get to use dis glo bis plan on pc?
yu can get bak @ me on kbbadmus@gmail.com, tanx in anticipation.......[/quote]

Go get a BB desktop manager and you are good to go. Congrats in advance.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Domaro: 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
PLS somebody should help me here, how can i configure my modem to browse on PC and or android
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:36am On Jul 28, 2014
Please do you have any idea if the glo stuff still works or better still-do you still use it?
Hibiscuss: Guys, Glo BIS still rocks on PC o. infact, thats what am even using now. I didnt know how it happens but it just connected by itself again. So dont throw away your glo sim, it still rock.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Please do you have any idea if the glo stuff still works or better still-do you still use it?

As at the last time I browsed with my pc(10pm last night), it still blazed faster.

1 Like

Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
Oshe!!!!Pls share the setting...APN,username,password et all cos I wan switch nxt month cheesy
Hibiscuss:

As at the last time I browsed with my pc(10pm last night), it still blazed faster.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Oshe!!!!Pls share the setting...APN,username,password et all cos I wan switch nxt month cheesy

Make the switch first and get a BB desktop manager.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ok sir...priming already...desktop manager installed.I just dey wait make dis my current subscription end.Ah will be back.Thanks
Hibiscuss:

Make the switch first and get a BB desktop manager.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 2:10am On Jul 29, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Ok sir...priming already...desktop manager installed.I just dey wait make dis my current subscription end.Ah will be back.Thanks

Can't wait to have you on the ever rocking network where you pay less for more value.

1 Like

Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by shadowwalker101: 3:01am On Jul 29, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img] [img]http:///?k_id=utibeokodi[/img]
I don't use glo
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:20am On Aug 07, 2014
Boss!I don show unto the ishe.My subscription don end;Wetin I go 1st do?
Hibiscuss:

Can't wait to have you on the ever rocking network where you pay less for more value.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 11:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Boss!I don show unto the ishe.My subscription don end;Wetin I go 1st do?

Xup bro. Good to know you are back.
First launch your desktop manager, click on the confiqure, in the connection profile, add custom name.
In the access point, just type blackberry.net and after this, you are good to go.

ps: in the connection profile, you have to use custom profile which you ll be require to just type anything.

Gist me as it goes.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2014
I had to delay the stuff cos of electricity issues.
I'm back now but the desktop manager keeps rejecting blackberry.net as APN.any tips?
Hibiscuss:

Xup bro. Good to know you are back.
First launch your desktop manager, click on the confiqure, in the connection profile, add custom name.
In the access point, just type blackberry.net and after this, you are good to go.

ps: in the connection profile, you have to use custom profile which you ll be require to just type anything.

Gist me as it goes.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: I had to delay the stuff cos of electricity issues.
I'm back now but the desktop manager keeps rejecting blackberry.net as APN.any tips?

Actuall, I tink you got the new BB desktop software. My own system is giving me big problem now. If I sort things out, I might e-mail my own software to you.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Tanks bro.
Trying to tweak tinz a lil here too.Ama let you know if it works.
Hibiscuss:

Actuall, I tink you got the new BB desktop software. My own system is giving me big problem now. If I sort things out, I might e-mail my own software to you.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 11:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Tanks bro.
Trying to tweak tinz a lil here too.Ama let you know if it works.

What's your email address?
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
@yahoo.com
Hibiscuss:

Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:52am On Aug 21, 2014
working now...another method tho
check here https://www.nairaland.com/1804281/how-use-glo-bis-pc#25645832
Hibiscuss:

Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: working now...another method tho
check here https://www.nairaland.com/1804281/how-use-glo-bis-pc#25645832

Plz which version of BB manager are you using? I upgraded mine to the new version and is not working again.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
I don't use d BB anymore.I use anoda software instead-PDANet.
Trial version for 30days and I later bought d full version for $15.
Can be annoying at times...at times itz flawless .
Hibiscuss:

Plz which version of BB manager are you using? I upgraded mine to the new version and is not working again.
Re: Is Your GLO BIS Still Working On Your PC With Desktop Manager? by Hibiscuss(m): 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: I don't use d BB anymore.I use anoda software instead-PDANet.
Trial version for 30days and I later bought d full version for $15.
Can be annoying at times...at times itz flawless .

Thanks for you prompt response bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Unfortunately, Xlauncher Has Stopped" Infinix Hot 4 Lite / American Used Samsung Galaxy Note 8 For Sale (price Reduced) / Bootloop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.