Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? (29119 Views)

Groom Dies In Strange Auto Crash On Way To Marriage Introduction / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples / How Much Does A Packet Of Disposable Diaper Cost In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by MyJwell: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
pls what's the average cost for an introduction...just introduction...not with engagement o?

what are the requirement the groom-to-be is expected to take along and how much does it cost in the average?

is it allowed at this stage for the couple-to-be wear the same cloth?
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oh well, it all depends on where your fiancée is from.

Where I come from, they have a well laid out list. So, you don't have to start asking what to buy. You collect the list, buy the things meant for only intro and take them down there. So let your fiancée ask her father what their intro entails.

As for wearing "uniform", i wouldn't advise that, not at this stage. Wear different outfits for now. You have ample time to wear "Andco". smiley
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by MyJwell: 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Phema: Oh well, it all depends on where your fiancée is from.

Where I come from, they have a well laid out list. So, you don't have to start asking what to buy. You collect the list, buy the things meant for only intro and take them down there. So let your fiancée ask her father what their intro entails.

As for wearing "uniform", i wouldn't advise that, not at this stage. Wear different outfits for now. You have ample time to wear "Andco". smiley

thanks.. she's a Yoruba girl ...i have asked her but she said they only have list for engagement but that i should think of buying 2 basket of fruits and some soft drinks
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by coogar: 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
MyJwell:

thanks.. she's a Yoruba girl ...i have asked her but she said they only have list for engagement but that i should think of buying 2 basket of fruits and some soft drinks

you need about N10,000.
fruits & soft drinks & a bit of general knowledge of her family. you would be asked to identify some members of her family by their names.
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
MyJwell:

Reason I said it depends on the culture. The items the groom-to-be will bring for introduction in my place include;

* 3 Gallons of Palm wine
* 5 Cartons of Beer
* 3 bottles of Hot drink
* 1 carton of Malt drink. grin

Where I come from, you only go with fruits and soft drink if its an informal visit, that is, just going to know your fiancée's family/people.

Again, let your fiancée ask her father. He should know better.
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nnekacherry: 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
Simple.. The girl should ask her people..
So you will not make any mistake..
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
An introduction in my place costs a bottle of St Remy,she should confirm from her dad.
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by MyJwell: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2013
thanks @ all
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by MyJwell: 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
coogar:

you need about N10,000.
fruits & soft drinks & a bit of general knowledge of her family. you would be asked to identify some members of her family by their names.

thanks about the part of her family members name...i never thought of that
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by MyJwell: 6:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Phema:

Reason I said it depends on the culture. The items the groom-to-be will bring for introduction in my place include;

* 3 Gallons of Palm wine
* 5 Cartons of Beer
* 3 bottles of Hot drink

Where I come from, you only go with fruits and soft drink if its an informal visit, that is, just going to know your fiancée's family/people.

whao! shocked shocked shocked...just for introduction?...i'm not talking about the main engagement na!
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by engrtee(f): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
free
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wait ooooo, lemme get this. . . Engagement is same as Traditional marriage right? When you do the main wine carrying and paying of bride price?
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by everyday: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
50k will do for drinks and light refreshments
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by MyJwell: 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Phema: Wait ooooo, lemme get this. . . Engagement is same as Traditional marriage right? When you do the main wine carrying and paying of bride price?

Yes that's Engagement...Traditional wedding...but the one i'm talking about is just the introduction ceremony...where the groom-to-be is introduced to the bride-to-be family officially for the first time
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
MyJwell:

Yes that's Engagement...Traditional wedding...but the one i'm talking about is just the introduction ceremony...where the groom-to-be is introduced to the bride-to-be family officially for the first time

I was correct then. Did my intro few weeks ago so I should know better. The groom-to-be had to provide those items i listed above, which came to about 30k in all.

Different strokes for different folks sha.
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
It depends

Cut your coat according to your cloth

You can decide to spend more or less in respective of how your pocket weighs

Contact your fiancee family for the list...
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 03, 2013
Phema:

* 3 Gallons of Palm wine
* 5 Cartons of Beer
* 3 bottles of Hot drink

kilode ke? Kiloletoyen grin una wan open bar grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 03, 2013
everyday: 50k will do for drinks and light refreshments
thats reasonable
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 03, 2013
kulyie: kilode ke? Kiloletoyen grin una wan open bar grin

cheesy
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by MyJwell: 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
kulyie: kilode ke? Kiloletoyen grin una wan open bar grin

i fear o!

1 Like

Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by veave(f): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
kilopo! i dont know o. i'll ask my babalawo...
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by MyJwell: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
veave: kilopo! i dont know o. i'll ask my babalawo...

Ha! babalawo ke!...abeg o.
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by airminem(f): 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
MyJwell:

i fear o!
your fear fear me too o
Re: How Much Does An Average Introduction Cost? by Sotland: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2020
Wait ooooo, lemme get this. . . Engagement is same as Traditional marriage right? When you do the main wine carrying and paying of bride price?

Funny you..Traditional Marriage is the proper Marriage and most important of all... You can engage your partner the introduction.. I just wonder what most people think! cheesy grin grin

(1) (Reply)

International Women's Day: 10 most influential women in Nigeria 2022 / Nigeria’s First Set Of Quintuplets Celebrate 17th Birthday / Lady Who Suddenly Went Blind In WAEC Exam Hall Poses With Her Husband & Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.