Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? (1828 Views)

What Factor(s) Influenced Your Choice Of A Gsm Network? / Accredited Gsm Network Recharge Card/e-voucher Dealers / GSM Network Issues And Problems (Zain, Etisalat, Glo, MTN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by Seun(m): 10:44pm On May 03, 2005
Hello,

A friend of mine on the forum is planning a new GSM network service that aims to make it possible to make cheap voice calls to MTN, Vmobile, M-TEL, Glo Mobile and others networks from a GSM phone on an existing network?

He wants to know if the name 'Propre' is a good name for such a service. Is it? Please drop your vote in the poll above, and drop your comments below. Thanks!

Seun
Re: Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by delarontus(f): 10:56pm On May 03, 2005
What does that mean and signify?
Re: Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by Propre(m): 11:09pm On May 03, 2005
Propre is a French word for "clean" or "smart"
Re: Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by whizkid(f): 5:41pm On May 04, 2005
My opinion is that since you are providing a service and a competitive one at that, it would be much easier for people to know what the service is all about at a glance and one way is from the name. A word like "propre" raises a lot of questions like what does it mean? is it an English word?so what is the service all about ? etc. But when you say cooltalk, Nextcall, Alltalk etc you do not need a soothsayer to tell you it has to do with telecoms, just like I would be dazed if you tell me otherwise. It is all about branding.
Re: Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by JustBlaze1(m): 10:42pm On May 04, 2005
Coming up with a business name can be difficult but the guy needs to come up with a better name than that.

Fair enough a competitive strategy based on price is going get you a piece of the marketshare but you want people to be able to remember the name of your brand straight away.

Propre doesn't do anything for me...
Re: Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by Hunter(m): 8:35am On May 05, 2005
Personally i would choose soemthing easily marketable and recognizable perhaps something like Streamline communications would be hard to market compared to something like ZING!

Make it kinda mysterious and it will spread like wildfire, people will start talking about this mysterious new company cheesy
Re: Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by IAH(f): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2005
Or something like Wellcom or Welcom. Since all these telecomms network end in "com" and this also means "Welcome".
Re: Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by jogego(m): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2005
Anyone ever read the book Seven Habits by Stephen Covey? Sometimes you need to step outta the box, shift your paradigm. Why should it be restricted to a name ending in com? Why dont we as Nigerians encourage creativeness? Why must we all do follow follow?If the name is properly marketed, then it will be a success. Microsoft did not start up as an overnite success. A lot of corporate names we know nowadays are names that if dreamed up off today, people would put them down.

I dont see anything wrong with propre as far as am concerned. Get the proper marketing guys and dream up a beffiting pay-off line and sell it to your public.
Re: Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by IAH(f): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2005
It doesn't have to end in "com". Remember it was just a suggestion.
Re: Is 'Propre' a good name for a GSM network service? by MidolsStudent(m): 10:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
This was d first thread on nairaland

Interesting grin

(1) (Reply)

Tecno 7c Custom Recovery / Nairaland Engineers How Much Is The Touchpad For Hot Note / 9mobile 32gb For 1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.