Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,909 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 (19001 Views)

Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 / Vincent Enyeama Will Be Lille's First-choice Keeper For 2013/2014 Season / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:08am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo: sneidjer wasnt the best player in 2010 no matter what you and your group of sentimentalists spew.. i repeat AFCON and Europa league are shitte..Mikel and his blunders threw Chelsea out of the UCL yet you are spewing crap here

As for '10, Sneijder achievements speak for him, not sentiments.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 2:13am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I started supporting Man Utd very earlly. 1996 after they beat Liverpool at the FA Cup finals. Cantona scored the only winning goal.

I am a big fan of Mancini and I was tired with the way Fergie ran the club. From dripping Ileberson to Forlan, to Djemba Djemba, changing Anderson's wing, to G. Rossi. Tevez was the last straw.

Just like Fergie bringing Scholes from retirement instead of playing Pogba. I would have been pissed if I was still a fan.. So when Mancini was announced, I joined with him.
you are an agbero fan menh! so Fergie shouldn't have gotten rid of forlan the flop?? and wat anderson wing did he change? or are you already drunk at the beer parlor where you're typing from?? Mr man you're a glory hunting scum like tevez who refused a deal to make him one of UTD highest earners and signed for City due to oil money.
kerp bringing up poo like pogba.. even cleverley would shine in the serie A
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by leggo: 2:15am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

As for '10, Sneijder achievements speak for him, not sentiments.
playing second fiddle on all individual podiums? not making the podium on the Fifa gala nite??
wat achievements?
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Melissa001: 2:27am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:39am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
playing second fiddle on all individual podiums? not making the podium on the Fifa gala nite??
wat achievements?

Sneijder was major part of a treble winning team (Inter) and made the world cup finals and was one of the top scorers of the World Cup. Messi couldn't score one goal at the World Cup. Iniesta one, Xavi none, Milito bench.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:47am On Dec 03, 2013
leggo:
you are an agbero fan menh! so Fergie shouldn't have gotten rid of forlan the flop?? and wat anderson wing did he change? or are you already drunk at the beer parlor where you're typing from?? Mr man you're a glory hunting scum like tevez who refused a deal to make him one of UTD highest earners and signed for City due to oil money.
kerp bringing up poo like pogba.. even cleverley would shine in the serie A

Fergie benched Tevez for Park at the finals of the Champions league. Fergie refused to negotiate with Tevez till his contract ran out. That was why Tevez dressed differently from the Man Utd players after the game. Man Utd players wore Suits, Tevez wore T-Shirt and jeans.

Forlan can't be called a flop. Even Fergie said he kept a close relationship with Forlan after he left Man Utd. Cleverly was never a star in any age grade tourney. Pogba was in the last U20. Pogba is a regular for Juve. Cleverly won't make the bench at Juve.

Anderson was a creative attacking midfielder and Fergie converted him to a defensive midfielder.

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by IAMBREEZY: 3:30am On Dec 03, 2013
Nice one
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Mathewjoseph: 3:50am On Dec 03, 2013
toluxa1: Hit LIKE if you think Mikel deserved it.
he deserves it c what he did @ the nations cup and confederation cup he outshined yaya toure,xavi and iniesta!

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bastien: 4:53am On Dec 03, 2013
Bonapart: Nairalanders with wide mouth ar rulin out mikel by sayin assist n goals... Mikel is a pilar to both super eagles n chelsea. A player dat never fails to wear a medal each yr both country n club
and what dos wearin medal gat to do with personal/individual award
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by emmabest2000(m): 5:12am On Dec 03, 2013
toluxa1: Hit LIKE if you think Mikel deserved it.
grin
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by vanguard1(m): 5:55am On Dec 03, 2013
I give no damn about this white supremacist award which is not recognised by CAF. Its high time our players start boycotting this unrecognised award so as to send a clear message to useless BBC.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 6:19am On Dec 03, 2013
Diasporan: With this it is obvious a Nigerian will likely win the prestigious CAF Player of the year award.This BBC award is not necessary afterall Jay Jay Okocha got it but never won the glorious CAF Player of the year award.And i can't remember a player winning both award in the same year.Infact i am happy Mikel Obi didn't win this award which implies that Mikel is still up for contention for the CAF Player of the year award.All the same congrats to Yaya Toure.

Yaya will still win the CAF player of the year award, so stop consoling urself. I want Mikel to win it but Yaya is a far better player than Mikel and deserves it. This was the same thing people said when the votes for BBC was going on , I knew Yaya would win it.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 6:22am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: He won nothing for club or Country. I believe it should have been Mikel.

Its is called African footballer of the year, not African team of the year or African trophy winner of the year. Yaya is a far better player than Mikel and u urself can't deny that. He has also had a better season even though he did not win anything. Even Messi didn't win any trophy in 2011-2012 season and still got Ballon' dor

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 6:26am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

What about how impressive Mikel was at the nations cup?

keep deceiving urself. Mikel is a squad player in Chelsea while Yaya would walk into the midfield of any top flight team. Nigeria Won nations cup as a team effort, not that they had a player that was very outstanding. It is veru difficult to overlook Yaya even though he didn't win anything. 2011-2012 season Messi didn't win any throphy but he still won the Ballon 'dor

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Gguy4real: 6:30am On Dec 03, 2013
Why do we nigerian keep praising yaya why, mikel is nigerian why can't you support your own boy to win the award tell me you keep shouting nigeria go better this is part of the reason that nigerian will never better u never love the player that died for you on the pitch and if mikel didn't play for nigeria you people will keep talking that is too proud and when the guy was playing you never love him as for me am a manutd fans I will always vote for mikel or moses to win any award if they are nominated and I know mikel or moses will win that caf african best player one love nigeria

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 6:33am On Dec 03, 2013
rossi49ja: Congratz to him although he is the least deserving of the title IMO because he won no trophy in the football year for either club or country, buy then as he rightly pointed out, fans gave him the award. I hope Mikel clinches the CAF player of the year award.

Why do folks fail to realize it is the best player in Africa we are talking about here, not the best team or the best trophy winning player. winning a trophy will boost ur chance but doesn't automatically make u the winner. in 2010 Asamoah Gyan didn't win any trophy for country and club but he won it, in 2011-2012 Messi didn't win any trophy either but won ballon D'or, U might like Mikel because he is a Nigerian but it doesn't take away the fact that Yaya is a far better player. Put Mikel on sale and see how many teams would want him, now put Yaya on the market and watch all top teams in Europe clamor for his signature even though he is 30.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 6:35am On Dec 03, 2013
Gguy4real: Why do we nigerian keep praising yaya why, mikel is nigerian why can't you support your own boy to win the award tell me you keep shouting nigeria go better this is part of the reason that nigerian will never better u never love the player that died for you on the pitch and if mikel didn't play for nigeria you people will keep talking that is too proud and when the guy was playing you never love him as for me am a manutd fans I will always vote for mikel or moses to win any award if they are nominated and I know mikel or moses will win that caf african best player one love nigeria

So the award should go to the wrong player just because he is ur fellow country man? How Nigeria want take better if u run away from the truth? You know the truth, u know Yaya deserve it but because u are being biased u want it to go to Mikel.. corruption. How Nigeria want take better when u see the right things but wants to bed it.

4 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Barca won the league that season. In this case Yaya won nothing, nada, zero.

What did Barca win in 2011/2012? They finished 9 points behind Madrid
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 6:43am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

No oje is arguing if Yaya can play. He is captaining my team Man City. We are talking of this award. Can you tell me a world player of the year without a trophy?

Messi World Player of the year in 2012 , no trophy that year. Asamoah Gyan BBC player of the year 2010, no trophies either, Adebayor 2007, Jay Jay Okocha 2003, 2004. No trophies but they won BBC Player of the year. Need I say more?

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by lertee(f): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2013
bastien: Thank God my vote count........!

Go Yaya,go win the Africa best player! U 2 deserve am
You mean counted **sneezes** undecided undecided
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 03, 2013

Dunno Why Peeps Compare Yaya | Mikel..

Consistency - Yaya Toure
Defence Splitting Passes - Yaya Toure
Shots - Yaya Toure
Goals - Yaya Toure
Hold up Play - Yaya Toure
DMF Role - Mikel
CMF , AMF - Yaya Toure
Dribbles, Movement - Yaya Toure

How come people saying Mikel Deserves Baller of The Year.. He's Good Though, Buh Yaya is a Beast, A Monster and the Best Black Midfielder in the world.. Yaya is among Top Ten Midfielders Right Now in the World.. A Midfielder who sprays Long range passes with both Feet.. I Like Mikel's Defensive duties though buh I Don't like any Dude that Makes use of Sideways Passes and Backwards Passes..

6 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by otokx(m): 6:54am On Dec 03, 2013
Congratulations Yaya Toure.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bastien: 6:56am On Dec 03, 2013
Gguy4real: Why do we nigerian keep praising yaya why, mikel is nigerian why can't you support your own boy to win the award tell me you keep shouting nigeria go better this is part of the reason that nigerian will never better u never love the player that died for you on the pitch and if mikel didn't play for nigeria you people will keep talking that is too proud and when the guy was playing you never love him as for me am a manutd fans I will always vote for mikel or moses to win any award if they are nominated and I know mikel or moses will win that caf african best player one love nigeria
well Nigeria will get better if we do what right and speak of the truth,yeah if Mikel do not play for his country where will he play? Spain ba? Mikel is a good player,but not as good as Yaya who assist and score.............Mikel as no assist in Chelsea with just three goals(i heard its bcus he is playing as a defensive midfielder dats y h doesnt assist) so i asked myself what the work of a (any) midfielder?

also he is used as a holding or play marker in Nigeria yet still no assist with just four goals,guess 2 is from d pk spot

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Ovin555: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2013
Congrat bro Toure Yaya nd tanks 4 given our broda Mikel chance of winning CAF best
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bastien: 6:59am On Dec 03, 2013
lertee:
You mean counted **sneezes** undecided undecided
any one..............sha na u create english??
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Godson32(m): 6:59am On Dec 03, 2013
50calibre: BBC always misbehaving, a Nigerian clearly deserved this award.

Anyway irrelevant, lets see who CAF picks
CAF will also pick Yaya Toure,the player is way ahead of mikel & moses.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by ichidodo: 6:59am On Dec 03, 2013
Good for Yaya, now the door is open for a Nigerian to win The African Award, If it won't be my namesake Emenike that gets it then i forsee Mikel snatching it as the midfielder was pure inspiration during the Afcon tourney....
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 03, 2013
And so
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by bizibrain(m): 7:02am On Dec 03, 2013
We Nigerians ar just 2 biased, actualy in terms of acheivement of trophy lifted mikel outshine yaya
Mikel won UCL, UEL, AFCON btw 2012-2013 while yaya cannot pinpoint any throphy btw dis period.

In terms of individual acheivement,haba, its only @ country side dat mikel is indispensible.

Yaya is indispensible but country side and club side.

ENYEAMA will surly win d CAF award, enyeama was able 2 win october best player of d month over ibrahimovic, so yaya is notin 2 enyeama.

Though I voted mikel but d fact remains dat yaya is far better in terms of individual achievement and nt collective achievement.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by crisycent: 7:02am On Dec 03, 2013
Yaya. Ur humility is what baffles me. Congratulations bruv.
Re: Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 by abatically(m): 7:03am On Dec 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How many Individual stats did Zidane have in 2003 and France '98. It is about what you bring to your team and the success the team gets. Sneijder's effort brought more to Inter and Netherland. That showed he waz the best. Messi only had the La Liga. Now Yaya has nothing. Very soon bencher will win.

You are contradicting urself. Even though Sneijder won the treble he didn't get World player of the year, this shows that trophies don't mean everything. Messi was clearly outstanding that year and that was why he won it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria's Likely Opponents In Brazil / Continued Corruption: Barcelona Charged Over Payments To Former Referees Chief / Man Utd Have Become Toxic Under Woodward - Even Guardiola Would Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.