Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

So You Think You Can Cook! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / So You Think You Can Cook! (5631 Views)

Thread For Guys Who Can Cook / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by dontgivafuck: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
SugaryBelle: Hmm!You put onions in egusi soup?
dis ur question actually makes u sound silly, if for any reason u dont put onions in ur Egusi soup, u shld just observe n pas; cos not putting onions in any Nigerian soup is actually d weird n nt so normal thing
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by SugaryBelle(f): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
dontgivafuck: dis ur question actually makes u sound silly, if for any reason u dont put onions in ur Egusi soup, u shld just observe n pas; cos not putting onions in any Nigerian soup is actually d weird n nt so normal thing
Madam island i asked the question because i dont know and i've not done that before,i only wanted him to tell me why so that i can learn,i cant just observ and pass when i dont understand something .Your coming here to abuse me only shows how childish you are.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by Nobody: 1:20am On Dec 06, 2013
dontgivafuck: dis ur question actually makes u sound silly, if for any reason u dont put onions in ur Egusi soup, u shld just observe n pas; cos not putting onions in any Nigerian soup is actually d weird n nt so normal thing

i actually dont know anyone that puts onions in egusi soup or stew (unless it is blended).

1 Like

Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by chidarl85: 3:42am On Dec 06, 2013
Feraz: Nice thread...here's mine
The 1st picture is my first attempt at cooking stew... grin grin

"Collecting like terms on the RHS gives.."
Ok, I'm curious to know what math you were solving.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by SugaryBelle(f): 8:08am On Dec 06, 2013
davidylan:

i actually dont know anyone that puts onions in egusi soup or stew (unless it is blended).
I read onions in your op i didn't get that it was only used to cook the meat until i read it a second time,you should have just answered my question cos i guessed one of the reasons you opend the thread is to teach others.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by Rocktation(f): 9:38am On Dec 06, 2013
^^Take time to understand his post that you quoted..which btw, is a response to the first person that angered you.
And who are those people talking about maths na?

Eku ise, Dylan! Nice looking egusi. It's amazing though how you don't know anyone that puts unblended onions in their Nigerian stew.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by SugaryBelle(f): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2013
I know,i was reffering to the op not his post.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 07, 2013
SugaryBelle: I read onions in your op i didn't get that it was only used to cook the meat until i read it a second time,you should have just answered my question cos i guessed one of the reasons you opend the thread is to teach others.

sorry, thought the post was clear enough. But yet the onions come from the broth. They are usually cooked so you dont taste them in the soup.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 07, 2013
Rocktation: ^^Take time to understand his post that you quoted..which btw, is a response to the first person that angered you.
And who are those people talking about maths na?

Eku ise, Dylan! Nice looking egusi. It's amazing though how you don't know anyone that puts unblended onions in their Nigerian stew.

lol i learnt from my mother and she never put raw onions in her stew... partly because no one else in the house liked it.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by SugaryBelle(f): 7:12am On Dec 07, 2013
davidylan:

sorry, thought the post was clear enough. But yet the onions come from the broth. They are usually cooked so you dont taste them in the soup.
Ok,I was told that putting onions in Egusi will make it go sour early, when you don't refrigerate it,i don't know if it true.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2013
SugaryBelle: Ok,I was told that putting onions in Egusi will make it go sour early, when you don't refrigerate it,i don't know if it true.

actually the myth i heard is that you should not put a metal spoon into egusi, especially if that spoon has been anywhere near your mouth, if not it goes sour.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by SugaryBelle(f): 8:26am On Dec 07, 2013
Lol
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by Feraz(m): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
armyofone:

Umm you try well well but oyel catch the egusi.
hehehe...that's the little problem I sometimes have...
davidylan:

actually the myth i heard is that you should not put a metal spoon into egusi, especially if that spoon has been anywhere near your mouth, if not it goes sour.
grin grin
The one I heard was stirring jollof rice with a metal spoon that it burns the food...
chidarl85:

"Collecting like terms on the RHS gives.."
Ok, I'm curious to know what math you were solving.
Partial fraction...

Sugarybelle, I do add onions to my egusi soup...
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by tjskii(f): 8:23am On Dec 09, 2013
U can add onions to ur egusi,esapecially if ur aim is to get those round roborobo balls,d onions hold d egusi paste together wen frying
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by SpcAgtOko: 5:14am On Dec 10, 2013
Now Im hungry sad
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by Hypraise(f): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wow! Well done cooks!
Actually, I like my onions alive n kicking in my food, ehhnn. Even after boiling the meat with enough onions, I fry sliced onions in the oil before adding the egusi. So Sugarbelly, there'r no hard n fast rules (to me), create your taste or suit who u are cooking for.
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by Kookny(m): 8:28am On Mar 06, 2015
davidylan:

hello, bro dylan.

I'm really trailing you. Please, i'd need to chat and discuss some serious issues with ya.

Pls, can i get ur active (unofficial) mail handle? pls
Mine is kookny6@gmail.com

Cheers
Re: So You Think You Can Cook! by oluwadamilolah(f): 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
The food looks appealing. My egunsi soup is not complete without smoked fish, ponmo and assorted meat especially shaki

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate And White Chocolates Aavailable For Sale / Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) / How To Make Dambu Nama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.