Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru (1404 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Uduaghan, Ibori And Okowa All Of Delta State. / Delta Election Tribunal Throws Out Ogboru's Case Against Okowa / EFCC Begins Probe Of Uduaghan Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by comrodioodio: 2:49am On Dec 03, 2013
Chief Julius Ogboru, the  Senior  Special Assistant (SSA) to the Governor  of Delta State, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, was, until his historic defection to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),  a chieftain of the Democratic People’s Party (DPP), in the State.
A strong voice in his Oruarivie –Abraka kingdom in Ethiope East, Chief Julius, Elder brother to DPP Governorship candidate in the 2011 and rerun elections, Chief Great Ogboru, recently spoke to newsmen, including Andy Emefia, on a sundry number of issues such as his reason for accepting to serve in the Uduaghan administration, his philosophy of political association, his vision for his new portfolio as well as its benefits to the People of Abraka, among others.
Chief Sir, people will like to know whether you had an issue with your brother, Chief Great Ogboru, that led to your decamping to the PDP?
I don’t want to go into that.
How do you see your appointment as SSA to the Governor on Community matters?
First of all, I see it as a practical demonstration of the Governor’s art of statesmanship and politics without bitterness Therefore, I whole heartedly thank His Excellency for the opportunity given me to serve in his administration. I and my followers appreciate him for recognizing my person.
Don’t you also think it was due to the role you played in the just concluded Delta Central Senatorial bye-elections?
I wouldn’t know, but if you suggest, maybe it is also a reward for the modest contributions we made towards ensuring that PDP made a good outing in Oruarivie Abraka Kingdom where I come from. Let me use this opportunity to state categorically that I owe no one any apologies for my actions. It is my personal conviction that the essence of politics is to attract development to your people and that anyone who rejects development of his community or area because of selfish reason is not playing good politics. And I hereby also congratulate Governor Uduaghan for ensuring the victory of PDP in the Delta Central Senatorial bye-elections that saw Chief Emmanuel Aguariavwodo emerge winner.
Are you experiencing any challenges so far in your new portfolio?
None that I can’t handle with my political experience and knowledge of community matters. Everything is going on accordingly, even though it is challenging. It is also interesting as I consult with the various communities from local government to local government with a view to identifying likely issues that could disrupt the peace.
What is your vision for your office?
It is simply to ensure that there is peace in the various communities of the state.
Since your appointment or since you joined the PDP, has your community, Abraka, been the better for it in terms of development?
You forget that the State Government is massively investing in the main campus of Delta State University. If you go to the permanent site, you will see work going on at various project sites including the proposed Senate building which will be a showpiece when it is completed. And in the not too distant past, we took delivery of brand new transformers to improve the electricity situation in Abraka. In addition also, the State Government has promised to do more in terms of infrastructural and socio-economic development of the area. So I believe that Abraka is set for massive development within limits, of course, of available resources.
Do you have any regrets for your action in leaving DPP?
How can I have regret when I have clearly stated that DPP is dead today and always? How long can people continue to belong to the opposition, vain opposition at that? Abraka people are yearning for development and the government has promised to work on our roads so we can move without the harrowing experiences we have been going through. The town will receive a facelift so why should I have regret?
Re: My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by tjfulloption(m): 4:56am On Dec 03, 2013
watin concern me with warri pipul,
Re: My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by okirewaju(f): 5:22am On Dec 03, 2013
shocked Ogboru left DPP??
Re: My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by Henrypraise: 6:12am On Dec 03, 2013
okirewaju: shocked Ogboru left DPP??
Not Ovadje but Julius.
I still av respect for d man Ovadje, sumday, d truth gonna be out n even if he does not govern, he will sumday become an icon lyk Azikiwe or Awolowo. It all depends if d Urhobo nation is ready to make him dia Hero...
Re: My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by sanandreas(m): 7:16am On Dec 03, 2013
Mr Julius ogboru should learn the new trend. Defect and die. It is real in delta state. wink
Re: My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by otokx(m): 7:18am On Dec 03, 2013
If you cannot beat them then join them; PDP ~ sharing the money.
Re: My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by vanguard1(m): 7:38am On Dec 03, 2013
This man has no self esteem......

1 Like

Re: My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by raytony: 9:42am On Dec 03, 2013
I graduated from Delta State University so I think I am in a good position to counter this man. Although I'm only taking his talk with a pinch of salt because we all know what the concept of politics is all about in Nigeria. He failed to point out that Abraka the community he is making so much noise about has been suffering because the government he is boasting of left it that way just to punish the citizens because that is where the opposition candidate hails from. Talking about development at the permanent site of the University, that site has always been a block industry even before I gained admission. All the Government does is to use that as a medium to steal by awarding contracts that wont be completed in twenty years time. I remember how we used to joke about it back then in school that we will be the ones to commission those buildings when we become the Governor of Delta state. The foundation for post graduate building was laid in 2005 and it was just completed last year. That was how long it took to finish a two storey building. Sir, please keep singing your praises while it lasts. Like it has been said, your days are numbered. Betrayed your own brother. Humanity has gone to the dogs. Bloody sycophant.
Re: My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by Oildichotomy(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2013
tjfulloption: watin concern me with warri pipul,
Then discipline your fingers from typing.

Who's the dumb one here?
Re: My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru by Oildichotomy(m): 10:01am On Dec 03, 2013
The whole idea behind the defection is clear enough.

''political halleluyah boys''
Those special assistant positions are political souveniors handed to greedy loyalists.
No biggie.... Corruption continua

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Vs Omisore: Osun State As Sambisa forest / All Igbos Should Go To Hell - Apc's Junaid Mohammed / Lagos APC Aspirants Set For Gov Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.