Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC (1697 Views)

Alao-Akala Joins APC, Dumps Labour Party / Tilije, APC Governorship Aspirant, Joins PDP / BREAKING: Ayogu Eze Wins Enugu PDP Guber Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by eaglechild: 6:00am On Dec 03, 2013
A renowned philanthropist and founding chieftain of the
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Enugu State, Dr. Sam
Onyishi, has decamped to the opposition party, the All
Progressives Congress (APC).
Onyishi who is the Managing Director of Peace Mass
Transit Limited, was welcomed into the APC fold at a
meeting of stakeholders of the party, held on Sunday in
Enugu.
Although the meeting was held behind closed doors, an
insider source disclosed to journalists that Dr Onyishi used
the opportunity to declare his interest to vie for the
governorship of Enugu State in 2015 on APC platform.
When contacted, National Welfare Officer of APC, Emma
Eneukwu who presided over the meeting, confirmed that
Onyishi has joined the party.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/enugu-pdp-guber-aspirant-joins-apc/165729/
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Igwe9(m): 6:12am On Dec 03, 2013
Onyishi, meaning; blind person. hope he doesn't get lost on his way to the government house.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Adindupeter: 6:38am On Dec 03, 2013
Now its crystal clear that APC is home for failed politicians!!
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by experimentist: 6:50am On Dec 03, 2013
APC is a national party! To hell with propagandists!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by vanguard1(m): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2013
What is peace mass transit CEO looking for in politics. This man should have learnt from ifeanyi uba and Ngige. He should go and concentrate in his business.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Ikology(m): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2013
vanguard1: What is peace mass transit CEO looking for in politics. This man should have learnt from ifeanyi uba and Ngige. He should go and concentrate in his business.
And who are you to dictate who should be or not be in politics. I bet if it is Gil. Nnaji or Ike Nike, you will be rallying support for them.

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by vanguard1(m): 7:42am On Dec 03, 2013
Ikology: And who are you to dictate who should be or not be in politics. I bet if it is Gil. Nnaji or Ike Nike, you will be rallying support for them.
What concerns Gil and ike nike with my post. BTW, Gil and ike nike are seasoned politicians while peace Is just another business man trying to experiment on politics. He doesn't have the necessary political wits to survive in politics. He should use his money to do more meaningful things than engaging in political campaigns.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by vanguard1(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2013
Ikology: And who are you to dictate who should be or not be in politics. I bet if it is Gil. Nnaji or Ike Nike, you will be rallying support for them.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Ikology(m): 8:11am On Dec 03, 2013
vanguard1:
What concerns Gil and ike nike with my post. BTW, Gil and ike nike are seasoned politicians while peace Is just another business man trying to experiment on politics. He doesn't have the necessary political wits to survive in politics. He should use his money to do more meaningful things than engaging in political campaigns.
No need resorting to name calling, Google PEACE MASS TRANSIT or SAMUEL Maduka Onyishi, then Google your brothers name lets know how successful they are, Peace is a successful philanthropist who gives scholarships to deserving students for years now, He has about 6 successful companies under his group.

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by vanguard1(m): 8:28am On Dec 03, 2013
Ikology: No need resorting to name calling, Google PEACE MASS TRANSIT or SAMUEL Maduka Onyishi, then Google your brothers name lets know how successful they are, Peace is a successful philanthropist who gives scholarships to deserving students for years now, He has about 6 successful companies under his group.
Business success doesn't mean political success, doubt me, ask ifeanyi uba. Am not against peace becoming a politician, am just wondering what he ought to achieve in politics. Quote me anywhere anytime, he won't succeed in politics.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:52am On Dec 03, 2013
Maybe people will take their share from this man's wealth during compaigning.He is really rich and God may want the money to go round Enugu and its environment. His is welcomed into Nigeria politics and we are waiting for philanthropic nature to make more people millionaires during campaign.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ikology: No need resorting to name calling, Google PEACE MASS TRANSIT or SAMUEL Maduka Onyishi, then Google your brothers name lets know how successful they are, Peace is a successful philanthropist who gives scholarships to deserving students for years now, He has about 6 successful companies under his group.

This does not make him a politician. I have known PEACE right from his days in Nsukka Mass Transit and when he ran for House of Assembly and lost. He is just not a politician. His philanthropy aside, he is just going to make a lot of noise, spend a lot of money and end up like Ifeanyi Ubah.

I bet what brought him into the race is the fact that the governorship will be zoned to Nsukka zone. He knows that the PDP will not give him ticket, Okey Ezeah is in control of LP in the state and Brig- gen Okoloagu (retd) holds sway in APGA. The only option is to hitch a ride with the APC that Hon Dubem Onyia seem to have abandoned for Osita Okechukwu, who is a newspaper politician.

They will only squander his money( he has a lot afterall) and make more enemies for him than he can contain after the elections. He is a business man, let him concentrate on his business cos real business men make bad politicians and real politicians make bad businessmen.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Sealeddeal(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
Igwe.:
Onyishi, meaning; blind person. hope he doesn't get lost on his way to the government house.
Talking nonsense. are you from nsukka? Onyishi doesnt mean blind. its suggest a hierachy of leadership.A chairman.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2013

We know but he just should not spoil his good will with politics.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sealeddeal: Talking nonsense. are you from nsukka? Onyishi doesnt mean blind. its suggest a hierachy of leadership.A chairman.

His own is not onye isi o,: leader.
It is pronounced differently from onye isi.
I don't know how to type intonations, so I could demonstrate to u

1 Like

Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Kulas: 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
This man shld have known that Enugu is not ready for any other party than PDP.He shld also know that politics is different from being rich-lesson from Ifeanyi Uba.Again hope his name won't matter?;because Onyishi means blind person.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Kulas: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
Onye isi- Onyisi means somebody that is d head or leader or chairman;etc of.......
Onye ishi- Onyishi means blind person.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Igwe9(m): 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sealeddeal: Talking nonsense. are you from nsukka? Onyishi doesnt mean blind. its suggest a hierachy of leadership.A chairman.
lol grin

that can only mean that in a beer parlor.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by plaindealer: 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sounds like APC is in the SE to stay instead of all the chest beating predictions....lol
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Ikology(m): 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
double post
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Ikology(m): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
double post
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Ikology(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
ngozievergreen:

His own is not onye isi o,: leader.
It is pronounced differently from onye isi.
I don't know how to type intonations, so I could demonstrate to u
I doubt if he will quit, I heard reliably that he was walked out of PDP stakeholders meeting in Enugu. He has the cash to spend.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by basilo101: 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Onyishi means blind man in central igbo but in nsuka dialect, it also means d eldest man. Evri village in nsuka has an "onyishi" which is a title dat automatically goes 2 d eldest man in dat village. Maybe d term was coin in those days wen ppl stay veri long that dey might has bn blind b4 dey becum d eldest
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
He will fail.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
Apc swelling ranks.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Brimmie(m): 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by dinachi(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Good development! People are beginning to see APC as a very good alternative to PDP. Our democracy is moving forward, just like Republicans and Democrats in the US.
Re: Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC by Nsonso: 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
Let him vie. He will b d Andy Uba & Ngige of Enugu State. We need his money; it is becoming too much for him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop Insulting Jonathan, Presidency Warns / Please Pray For My Friend (soldier) Who Got Hit By Boko Haram Bullets In Borno / The Many Sins Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.