Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Secret Of Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secret Of Love (4415 Views)

Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. / Game Of Love / Temptation ; The Story Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is a pure non fictional story about an hardworking young beautiful medical doctor who found love.

Narrative tech- I make use of 1st person point of view to make it natural also,placing myself as the female lead character.

Note: This is a non fiction story.no1 in anyway should tamper or manipulate without the consent of the author.Any resemblance to anyone either alive or dead is truly coincidental.

your criticism, appraisal is welcomed. hope you enjoy it.
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
my name is Vanessa Johnson,I'm a medical doctor.

my MD name is Dr Gabriel,he normally travelled to Atlanta in the united state for his summer holiday, he stays there for two or three months then comes back very strong and ready for more work.
one unusual thing about my MD is that whenever he travels for his summer holidays he likes to remain incommunicado, he leaves no telephone number for anybody to contact him and even his family, neither does he contact anybody,he uses his holiday period to rest,refocus his energy,so he would not like to be disturbed nor be reminded of anything about the hospital,patient or anything left behind,whatever the emergency at hand he would say we the doctors to take care of them.
you can imagine how surprised I was one Sunday morning,when my MD called me from Atlanta in the usa where he was on summer holiday.
Vanessa,how are you?happy sunday to you" he greeted warmly.
I'm fine sir,happy sunday,I'm glad to hear from you,how is america?
very fine,I'm doing well,I hope all is well with you people? we are all fine sir,thank you", I said and paused briefly for him to talk. I knew that behind this exchange of pleasantries there must be something pretty serious he wanted to discuss.
He cleared his throat dramatically, then said, there was an emergency he wanted me to attend to,I have one very special client I have been on his retainership for over 10years,his name is chief olatunji,I just received a message from his wife that he slumped and fainted, I understand he has been revived,but a doctor needs to check on him.I'll give you his address now so that you go immediately".he dictated the address to me and I assured him I would go right away.

1 Like

Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
I was prepared to go to my parent's house but there is no way to tell that to my MD at that time.duty as called and I most respond.
That was how I drove to chief olatunji's place in ikoyi that morning. I was amazed when I got to his place and found out that the literally lived in a palace.the place was really opulent with evidence that he was in real money.
I could understand why my boss could break his rule for ones and contact me from his cherish holiday to go to his place.He must have been paying him huge sum of money for retainership.
unfortunately, when I entered in to the living room,I introduce myself to his wife,she told me he was upstairs and she took me there.
I had never entered a house so well furnished,so elegant and reeking of money.I wondered if Aso Rock,the seat of Nigerian Government could be as elegant as this.
when I was ushered in I found him reading newspaper.

1 Like

Re: Secret Of Love by Lawconfessor(f): 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ride-on. Following in progress...
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
"chief,this is the doctor from Dr Gabriel" his wife said introducing me.
The chief put aside the newspaper he was reading and stretch his hand forward to greet me,I stretched my hand too and shook hands with him,he said he was please to meet me.
" Dr Gabriel is on holiday," I began."that's why I'm here,he called me this morning and asked me to check you up," a very broad smile came on chiefs face, " I know your boss,he never misses his summer holidays.I wish I were like him,I would be very happy"
" you can be like him if you want!but you are placing money making over your health, we both laughed.
" its not easy," chief olatunji conceded,"I haven't trained myself like that,so I found it so difficult to break away from my job and be talking of a vacation."we both laughed again,then he said,you're most welcome,doctor.........em,by the way,you've not tell me your name,you are doctor who?
"doctor Vanessa"I replied
" oh beautiful name" chief exclaimed
you are as beautiful as your name.are you miss or Mrs? this time around,I didn't feel comfortable with the question, he was virtually handling me as a school girl,but for whom he was I told him rather cutely that I was miss Vanessa.

1 Like

Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
60 views and only 1 comment. I need u all to encourage me wit ur comments
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
----
Re: Secret Of Love by Lawconfessor(f): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
noble4d: 60 views and only 1 comment. I need u all to encourage me wit ur comments

U shudn't be discouraged swty, self-confident shud be d key word. More power to ur elbow.
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
Tanks dear......I shall continue lata
Re: Secret Of Love by babyzai(f): 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
I like dis,d intro is inviting. Keep it coming. God bless u.
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:14am On Dec 07, 2013
tanks alot.... I'm kinda busy... but I promise to continue by 2mrw
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
I'm sorry if I embarassed you,"chief said laughing" i m just curious besides,I have boys who are eligible bachelors and it would be my pleasure to have a daughter in law who is a doctor."
I smiled,and he added:
" even myself,I've not retired, so I don't mind to have a doctor as a third wife."he laughed".
well Dr Vanessa,thanks for coming.As you can see,I'm in good hands already. my b.p was quite high, but it has normalized. there is caurse for alarm.
I told him I was happy to hear that and I'll get across to my boss and brief him.when I was about to leave,chief told me to meet his wife who has already gone downstairs at that time to give me what is referred as transport money".
I was thinking of the money and trying to guess how much it would be,when I stepped out of chiefs room,as I drew near the staircase that descended to the living room, I saw a young man ascending the staircase,stepping on them briskly and confidently. I stood still, immediately I saw him,the staircase was small and would not ordinarily take two people at a time.But, I knew that was not the only reason I stood still.There are something in that man that simply held me spellbound. And at the same time,my heart beat faster.

1 Like

Re: Secret Of Love by tijehi(f): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
Following intently.
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
As he drew closer to where I was standing, he raised his head up and our eyes met for a couple of seconds,he blinked uncomfortably and missed one of the steps and almost fell.

"easy!" I said,reaching forward to hold him and preventing him from falling.he took my helping hand promptly and steadied himself.

"Thanks", he said with a very warm smile that made my heart beat faster. I tried to smile but I guess I didn't succeed at that.he was so gorgeous.the aroma of his after shave was so compelling and sexy.
I walked down to the sitting room where I met Mrs olatunji waiting. she said she was very happy that I came,she asked me when my boss will be back,she handed a brown envelope to me which she told me chief said should be given to me.
"thanks ma,I'm grateful," I said. As I was putting the envelope inside my handbag,I heard footfalls descending the staircase. I knew it was the same young man and I looked up instantly.
It was him quite well,his determined eyes fixed on me,while he came down confidently with a smile that spread from ear to ear.
"Tunde,have you met Dr Vanessa?" Mrs olatunji said, " yeah, I've met her, " replied Tunde. "But, I didn't know she's a doctor."
"she's one of your fathers doctors, she is from Dr Gabriel's hospital."
tunde stretched a hand towards me.
"please to know you Dr Vanessa", he said.
I couldn't resist shaking is hand again. And as I did so, Mrs olatunji said.
"doctor meet my son,Tunde."
I should have known that, I thought there was an obvious similarity between chief and Tunde. He had his mother fair complexion,but his facial features were those of the man I met on the sick bed,his father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secret Of Love by Dizzella(f): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sori o plz is it suppose 2 b der is caurse 4 alarm or der is no cause 4 alarm?sorry am nt condemnin u bt jst wnt 2 knw if it was a mistake.........nice work........following
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
sowi typing error ....there is no cause for alarm..... tanks for ur observation
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
pls my noble readers your comment is my motivation
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tunde would not let go of my hand,even though I tried to free mine from his.He never appeared to be in a hurry to leave my side.when I say to his mother goodbye,as I leave,he followed me outside,talking and posing one question after the other at me.He didn't ask anything about his father's health, he was more concerned about knowing much about me.
I answered his questions smoothly, making sure I did not say too much about myself. it was obvious to me now that he was trying to woo me. I wasn't keen in him wooing me, but at the same time,there was something compelling, something attractive about his personality that made me to continue to stay with him as he ask one question after the other. I started talking in my mind that,is this love at first sight? I just found him so irresistible.
we ended up,exchanging cards. I gave him my complimentary card and he said he would come to the clinic to see me the next day.
" what for?" I asked.
" what for? to see you of course.I'm coming to consult you because I'm sick. I'm your patient, or you don't want patient to see you?"
"of course, I need patients as many as possible,but not people like you.you're healthy,you're not a patient."
"you're wrong doctor. wait until I tell you what is happening to me and you'll know I'm very very sick."
" you better believe me,doctor. I may look healthy but I'm lovesick."
"what did you say?" I asked,pretending as if I didn't hear him
" lovesick, that's the ailment I have," he said, trying to get hold of my hand again,but I had to force myself to leave him.
" i have not had of such ailment," I added.
" don't worry,when I explain the symptoms to you,you'll know. I managed to depart from him,but I couldnt take him off my mind.from time to time, I admonished myself to situp and stop behaving like a teenager, but Tunde was like a virus that has infected every cell of my body.

1 Like

Re: Secret Of Love by Dizzella(f): 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
Ok,am follwin u cont cos i cnt wait
Re: Secret Of Love by Lucentbeauty(f): 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Great job,am following.

I dont get thou,you sad non-fiction right? That means its a real life story.
Then you said it has no resemblance with anyone.
Free me from my lack please.
Re: Secret Of Love by Lucentbeauty(f): 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Great job,am following.

I dont get thou,you said non-fiction right? That means its a real life story.
Then you said it has no resemblance with anyone.
Free me from my lack please.
Re: Secret Of Love by Ashley2389: 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2013
*grabs a seat* oya continue jooor
Re: Secret Of Love by Dizzella(f): 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
U wan cum dull me again?abeg my subscriptn go xpire 2day joor
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
dear my noble readers, I'm sowi 4 da delay,just kinda busy
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
I saw the image of his handsome face every now and then.The smiles on his face,the touch of his hands,and the aroma of his perfume. unbelievable, that this was happening to me at age 27,but it was more than real.
very late in the evening, he called me on the telephone. The moment I looked at the screen of my handset and found out that he was the one calling,my heart started to beat very fast,I was shaking like a leaf.
"stop behaving like a baby!" I yelled at myself." This nonsense must stop, I must pull myself together and stop acting as if I was going to know a man for the first time."
I said all to myself,but it didn't change down,I would rather not answer the phone "I said", my voice will be shaky,my heart will be pounding and I would not be speaking smoothly. Tunde might just notice and I won't be nice.even if I have falling in love with him,let him not have the impression that I hopefully fallen for him.
so,I didn't answer his calls.After calling for several minutes, he sent me a text message that he called to say hi,but it appears I was not around to pick his call,he then repeated that he would come to the clinic the next day to see me.

1 Like

Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
tanx@ lucentbeauty.......this is a true life story...... I assure u you'll ave fun throughout to da end
Re: Secret Of Love by Lucentbeauty(f): 8:21am On Dec 10, 2013
noble4d: tanx@ lucentbeauty.......this is a true life story...... I assure u you'll ave fun throughout to da end

smiley
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
The next day I was in the hospital waiting for him,he didn't come. I felt so bad,and I just couldn't concentrate on what I was doing,if for any reason he would not come,why wouldn't he call to tell me he was not going to come.was he just teasing me?.
you can then imagine how shocked I was,when I got home and found Tunde sitting in front of my balcony and beaming with smile.
"How did you know my house?" I queried, my heart beating faster. Tunde just smile confidently. he seemed to enjoy the shocked and confusion that I was apparently having.
Re: Secret Of Love by Lucentbeauty(f): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
Please Come back and update o,don't leave us hanging.
Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
"never mind how I got here,the important thing is that I'm here."
"but,you said you're coming to see me in the hospital."
" yeah! see you. that's the important thing. its you I want to see not the hospital,so it doesn't matter where I see you."
well, I opened my door to let him in,but not until he told me how he got to know my place.one of your nurses is my cousin and it was from her I got your address.Tunde added that he wanted to give me a big surprise by coming to my house,instead of the hospital as he promised.
After much talk,he took me out that night. it was an unplanned date but one that turned out to be so romantic, so out of the world. Tunde is such a nice guy,it was as if I had known him all my life.He was simply irresistible.

2 Likes

Re: Secret Of Love by noble4d(m): 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
I need atleast 5 of my noble readers to write #simplicity# before I continue. this will signify that u r following.
Re: Secret Of Love by tijehi(f): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
#Simplicity#

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ultimate Rhyme Duel / Hot, Erotic Romance Story: In Lust With The Soccer Star Pt. 1 / Do You Know Gbolagun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.