Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:55 PM

Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (12258 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
I'm not talking about the average policeman/policewoman.
Let's talk about the military.
Will you marry a man or woman who's primary occupation is to protect his/her fatherland which may involve killing another human if situation warrants?

In other words will you marry someone who has been trained and licensed to kill?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by greatgod2012(f): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
jeffizy: I'm not talking about the average policeman/policewoman.
Let's talk about the military.
Will you marry a man or woman who's primary occupation is to protect his/her fatherland which may involve killing another human if situation warrants?

In other words will you marry someone who has been trained and licensed to kill?

that they are trained/licences to kill doesn't mean they will kill their spouse, even if he/she offends them. There is no law that supports that. Anyone that tries that will be made to face the wrath of the law.
They're even one of the best spouse one can get, because they know the law and they also realise what law can do to them.
The same thing is applicable to wrestlers and boxers.
May God help us all.

9 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by EfemenaXY: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
greatgod2012:

that they are trained/licences to kill doesn't mean they will kill their spouse, even if he/she offends them.
The same thing is applicable to wrestlers and boxers.
May God help us all.

grin grin grin

@OP's been watching too many action movies! cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
@GG12, I appreciate your comment. It is so on point.

I will share my own experience.
I joined the best military in the world, lol, we were made to undergo target practice.
We were not hoping to kill goats and chickens!
Thankfully, I haven't had a chance of cutting short any man's life.
But when push comes to shove nko?

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by RoyalRoy(m): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
jeffizy: @GG12, I appreciate your comment. It is so on point.

I will share my own experience.
I joined the best military in the world, lol, we were made to undergo target practice.
We were not hoping to kill goats and chickens!
Thankfully, I haven't had a chance of cutting short any man's life.
But when push comes to shove nko?

And I remember you threaten a bum some months back remember?

" I wish I can use you as a target"

Lollllz
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
@OP's been watching too many
action movies!

@Efemena, you missed. tongue.
It's based on personal experience.
But I will keep that for later.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
Assuming your spouse is one of those drafted for peace-keeping in Yobe and Borno?

Can you share a bed with such man/woman?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
One of my best friends right now who is married with a lovely family is a Soldier who has been to warfront in Afghanistan, iraq etc and has killed quite a number

And he is one of the nicest person ever and always so respectful

Part of their training is the knowledge that with power comes responsibility. Your respect doesnt come with How many ppl you can use your training to bully

6 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
^^^^ True words.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by baby124: 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
I will rather advise not to. And if you do proceed with caution. Although it is a job, but i fail to believe taking lives will not affect a normal person. Except the person is psychotic and enjoys it. There is a reason there is something called PTSD. Some people are doing well in such marriages though. cheesy cheesy cheesy. That job na real responsibility and potential gobe. grin

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
I married one. Not a soldier though, never killed either but will if something happens to his family.

He will first knock off the teeth, and the rest is history.
So I'm learning some skills too. I target the groin for self defense.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
The truth is that majority of them suffer in silence. Its affects them a lot psychologically.
Trauma is their second name. No matter how well trained u r, u will never be d same if u hv once snuffed a life off.

11 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by RoyalRoy(m): 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
No matter how well trained you are you can't escape the physiological trauma that follows.

I believe woman sleeping next to a trained soldier or killer should be wary.

Let not nightmare from past wars or event lead to her being strangled unknowingly.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 04, 2013
I LIKE THEIR UNIFORM!
AND THE WAY THEY MARCH AND ALL THE ACTION, YOU KNOW wink

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by ireneidiva(f): 1:43am On Dec 04, 2013
Op talk to the person and find out what goes through his/her mind. This is a wrong place to ask. From my own training(not in killing!) i'v learnt that it is called a 'training' because they teach you how to handle these.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Toyinletstalk(f): 5:01am On Dec 04, 2013
Love is love. it does not matter. He has chosen to defend his county. We all kill daily, ants, roaches, rats, insects and so on. Some will say, those things are not human beings, whether they are or not, they are born as humans are, and die as a human dies. Death is death. Killing is killing.

If you love him, look beyond his profession. It is human beings too that marry snipers and hired assassins.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 5:24am On Dec 04, 2013
baby_123: I will rather advise not to. And if you do proceed with caution. Although it is a job, but i fail to believe taking lives will not affect a normal person. Except the person is psychotic and enjoys it. There is a reason there is something called PTSD. Some people are doing well in such marriages though. cheesy cheesy cheesy. That job na real responsibility and potential gobe. grin
Actually baby_123, there is this exercise in the military we call psychological de-bugging.
When you go for a mission and you get back, you go through a psychological analysis and counseling to wear off the trauma that could build in as a result of witnessing or partaking in combat necessities, if you know what I mean.

8 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 5:26am On Dec 04, 2013
Chillisauce: I married one. Not a soldier though, never killed either but will if something happens to his family.

He will first knock off the teeth, and the rest is history.
So I'm learning some skills too. I target the groin for self defense.
..Sauce toh bad gan !
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 5:34am On Dec 04, 2013
yellowpawpaw: The truth is that majority of them suffer in silence. Its affects them a lot psychologically.
Trauma is their second name. No matter how well trained u r, u will never be d same if u hv once snuffed a life off.
Hmm. Not quite true YY. Please refer to my reply to Baby_123.
While you are not totally wrong, I will say it grows on you with time.
Just like a Doctor that deals with mutillated and blood covered patients or the undertaker that preps a lifeless body everyday.
The only rule is to insulate your family and friend from the experience.
You don't bring a gun to the house and you don't talk about the full details.
Unfortunately, in Naija, you see a lot of them combat boys burying their trauma in excessive boozing and smoke. It's tough, but we are built to be tougher.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 5:37am On Dec 04, 2013
alutacontinua: I LIKE THEIR UNIFORM!
AND THE WAY THEY MARCH AND ALL THE ACTION, YOU KNOW wink

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided
Cool right? *smiles*
You will appreciate it better if you attend a military wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by StreetSoldier(m): 5:43am On Dec 04, 2013
jeffizy:
I joined the best military in the world, lol,
The stripes and stars right?
Cool.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by StreetSoldier(m): 5:48am On Dec 04, 2013
In support of @jeffizy, I want to say I go home daily bt I don't take my experiences home.
@toyinletstalk gave a good analysis.

The only issue I have is my family being scared of me going and not cming back.
Bt u knw what we believe? We're not afraid of dying for country, rather we fear for not trying at all.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by StreetSoldier(m): 5:50am On Dec 04, 2013
ireneidiva: Op talk to the person and find out what goes through his/her mind. This is a wrong place to ask. From my own training(not in killing!) i'v learnt that it is called a 'training' because they teach you how to handle these.
But I think it's a general question.
Since we are not discussing technicalities.

BTW...are you a merchant NAVY?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 5:53am On Dec 04, 2013
Street
Soldier(m)

How do you do sir.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by EfemenaXY: 12:00am On Dec 05, 2013
jeffizy: Hmm. Not quite true YY. Please refer to my reply to Baby_123.
While you are not totally wrong, I will say it grows on you with time.
Just like a Doctor that deals with mutillated and blood covered patients or the undertaker that preps a lifeless body everyday.
The only rule is to insulate your family and friend from the experience.
You don't bring a gun to the house and you don't talk about the full details.
Unfortunately, in Naija, you see a lot of them combat boys burying their trauma in excessive boozing and smoke. It's tough, but we are built to be tougher.

I think it's safe to say a lot of lessons have been learnt from soldiers of the past with regards to Post Traumatic Stress Disorders.

I watched a program a few months ago about the life of a British veteran WWII soldier. He went through a lot and survived physically, but mentally he was as good as dead. I think the perception back in those days was for the soldier to 'man up' and try fitting in as best as they could into normal society / everyday life. Not much was known / allocated for treating soldiers who had experienced very bad trauma.

Anyway, this soldier (he was in his late teens when he was drafted off to the front line), never really recovered and although he had family, he died alone and in a care home. Sad really.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by baby124: 12:02am On Dec 05, 2013
jeffizy: Actually baby_123, there is this exercise in the military we call psychological de-bugging.
When you go for a mission and you get back, you go through a psychological analysis and counseling to wear off the trauma that could build in as a result of witnessing or partaking in combat necessities, if you know what I mean.

So what about the soldiers that despite this debugging, they are still going on random shooting escapades? This may work for some, but for others who are more sensitive it doesnt work. It is not full proof. Because someone has a calm exterior doesnt mean they are not suffering inside.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 05, 2013
Jefizzy, I tell u this as an insider that majority don't recover.
In action, they r supplied hard drugs to supress the trauma most times.
They hv nightmares. Enuf brainwashing. At times when they come back from war, their third leg can't even get up while with the wives. I've watched enuf documentaries about the life of a soldier post war and I tell u, its not pleasant. What of d injuries sustained.
Dot even go there pls. These pple r simply robots.
There was a time nigerian peacekeepers in sub saharan africa were indiscriminately raping gals there. When interviewed, I could only but pity these pple.
U r still new in d game. I pray u don't c war truout ur career.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by EfemenaXY: 6:32am On Dec 05, 2013
baby_123:

So what about the soldiers that despite this debugging, they are still going on random shooting escapades? This may work for some, but for others who are more sensitive it doesnt work. It is not full proof. Because someone has a calm exterior doesnt mean they are not suffering inside.

yellowpawpaw: Jefizzy, I tell u this as an insider that majority don't recover.
In action, they r supplied hard drugs to supress the trauma most times.
They hv nightmares. Enuf brainwashing. At times when they come back from war, their third leg can't even get up while with the wives. I've watched enuf documentaries about the life of a soldier post war and I tell u, its not pleasant. What of d injuries sustained.
Dot even go there pls. These pple r simply robots.
There was a time nigerian peacekeepers in sub saharan africa were indiscriminately raping gals there. When interviewed, I could only but pity these pple.

Na wa o!

This topic opens a whole new can of worms. I'm just thinking, what about the soldiers in countries that had decades of civil war, like Rwanda, Liberia and Congo? Those who partook in mass ethnic cleansing were never the same AND, many were roped in as child soldiers! I watched sorry read, (don't think I want to remember the gory details) about a couple of child soldiers in Liberia who pulled a pregnant woman aside and ripped her insides just to know what the unborn baby looked like cry cry sad sad and much worse...

How does one deal with them? Prosecuting and jailing them for war crimes is one thing but it still doesn't address the issue when they come out. The all have that crazed, fathomless, lost look in their eyes...

@OP, I'm assuming you're an American soldier. Be thankful you never experienced what those before you did at Vietnam. I read and watched a lot about how PTSD affected them and they never ever really recovered. Some even preferred being sent back on duty just to get the demons out of their mind.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 6:49am On Dec 05, 2013
yellowpawpaw: .
A good prayer. I say Amen.
But with points YY, Efemena and baby_123 raised, I have come to the reality that military life is not for everybody.
You have to be mentally stronger than physically.
All in all, I did not join to wave a gun in people's faces but rather to develop some special set of skills I have.
But that is not to say I won't be available when it comes to the . hard details .
As an officer, it is less of a burden because we get to sit in the background while the cadets / enlisted do the field/dirty work.
I do not envy them with things I've read here.
My best half is quite okay with my choice because I broke it down to chew able bits what would/could happen.
Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Kanwulia: 8:53am On Dec 05, 2013
No!
He berra hide it from moi gooooooood!!!!
Because I am very PRO-CHOICE too!
I will ABORT all his children! kiss
Dead or alive!!!!!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2013
Kanwulia: No!
He berra hide it from moi gooooooood!!!!
Because I am very PRO-CHOICE too!
I will ABORT all his children! kiss
Dead or alive!!!!!!! kiss
Ah! Why will u do such?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by StreetSoldier(m): 9:20am On Dec 05, 2013

How do you do sir.

Sent you a PM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid / Teenage Boys And Hormones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.