Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (12268 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Would You Marry Someone Who Proposed With No Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
DEATH MACHINE:
no i dont enjoy killing ,we do go things to good people and bad things to bad people.lol
Who decides who is good and who is bad? Say, you go to war against militants ib the Niger Delta like you said you did. What qualifies them as bad people? Is it their fighting for what they believe is theit God-given right to prosper like other human beings? Or what?

My point is: a soldier or any kind of defender or protector is not a moral judge. Only one thing can matter to such a person without causing unnecessary complication. Itis this question: is the subject a threat to the welfare ofthe people whose lives and well-being have been entrusted to me? If they are, it doesn't matter if the reasons for the existence of the threat are morally good or morally reprehensible, they mustbe annihilated, by force of arms if necessary. The world is not perfect yet. It's still too much a mass of grays fora soldier to protect while debating whether a man or woman deserves to live or die.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
obo_man:

Let me correct you @ OP... Never call people who are in the Armed Forces as trained killers. It's derogatory and insulting to their wonderful profession....

You simply asking if someone would marry a soldier?

@ OP, during WW1, almost 8 million men served in the British army ( could be more) and if most of them were of marriageable ages, then the women have no option, do they? lol

Almost any man can be a ''trained killer'' if his/her liberty, family or things he/she hold dearly is at risk.

I understand about the sentimental value of terms and appellates. But still, the ability to kill and kill well is a necessary part of soldiering. It may not be a very romantic concept but it's realistic. Whatever else a soldier is, he is a killer and generally a well-trained one.

Still I uphold this bit of advice. Killing is a huge ressponsibility. The man who must kill as a part of his duty to protect people whom he may or may not know must be distinguished from one who kills for immoral reasons.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
obo_man:

Let me correct you @ OP... Never call people who are in the Armed Forces as trained killers. It's derogatory and insulting to their wonderful profession....

You simply asking if someone would marry a soldier?

@ OP, during WW1, almost 8 million men served in the British army ( could be more) and if most of them were of marriageable ages, then the women have no option, do they? lol

Almost any man can be a ''trained killer'' if his/her liberty, family or things he/she hold dearly is at risk.

I understand about the sentimental value of terms and appellates. But still, the ability to kill and kill well is a necessary part of soldiering. It may not be a very romantic concept but it's realistic. Whatever else a soldier is, he is a killer and generally a well-trained one.

Still I uphold this bit of advice. Killing is a huge ressponsibility. The man who must kill as a part of his duty to protect people whom he may or may not know must be distinguished from one who kills for immoral reasons.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by jeffizy(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
@Ihedinobi... Quite a reasonable point you raised here.
Unfortunately, since the military is an arm of any Government, they will always be a tool for Government.

In the scenario you pictured about Niger-Delta militants, I will say the law set by the Government in any country determines who's good and who's bad. That is not to say the laws are 100% citizen oriented.
Just the way it is bro.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
jeffizy: @Ihedinobi... Quite a reasonable point you raised here.
Unfortunately, since the military is an arm of any Government, they will always be a tool for Government.

In the scenario you pictured about Niger-Delta militants, I will say the law set by the Government in any country determines who's good and who's bad. That is not to say the laws are 100% citizen oriented.
Just the way it is bro.
That is a simple enough way to see it and it generally is enough for a soldier. To go beyond that is to complicate the whole system of protection although I freely admit that it is indeed necessary to do so sometimes seeing as governmens are not infallible.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by chegx(m): 10:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
yellowpawpaw: The truth is that majority of them suffer in silence. Its affects them a lot psychologically.
Trauma is their second name. No matter how well trained u r, u will never be d same if u hv once snuffed a life off.
never be desame? thats not true, the trauma caused by killing a person legally is not as much as witnessing a fatal accident scene that left skulls smashed. I've celebrated with a police because he got thieves killed.He only thanks God for being the killer, because if he doesnt we wouldnt celebrate the victory.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by coolshegs10(m): 11:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
Toyinletstalk: Love is love. it does not matter. He has chosen to defend his county. We all kill daily, ants, roaches, rats, insects and so on. Some will say, those things are not human beings, whether they are or not, they are born as humans are, and die as a human dies. Death is death. Killing is killing.

If you love him, look beyond his profession. It is human beings too that marry snipers and hired assassins.

i swear to God,i love this!! Na true and sincere talk.....I really wanna be a soldier but the discriminations and discouragements have been slowing down my determination.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? by tpia1: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2014
I'm sure lots of women would love to do so, it will make them feel good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phase When You Start Hating Your Family’s Financial Situation / Nigerian-british Grandmother Jailed In China Over Shoe Shop Dispute / Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.