Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU (9479 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Omolola1(f): 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
What more do I have to say? Deschyko has said everything.

Worthy of note is the way pseudonomer kept his calm and responded to the rebuttals calmly..you did great even though you were the only one doing most of the work at the rebuttals stage. However, you left some of my questions unanswered.

Oluwatola, Oluwatola, Oluwatola...three gbosa's for you grin
Your presentation, command of the English Language, arrangement, and response to rebuttals were lovely. You did a great job.

Cimetidine, my friend cheesy
Even though we were on each other's neck at the rebuttal stage, you also did a good job. Most of the time, you were answering my questions with questions, try giving direct answers.
I commend your team work, it's what made you both stand out.

However, you both (OAU reps) need to bring in your best for the next debate. If FUNAAB's second speaker was available, they would have given you guys a good run for the prize (whatever the prize is) grin

Congratulations once again.

GREAT IFE!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
OAU team stress political issues as ethnical. They subtly suggest seccession by opposing the motion with those points. The only point they made was insecurity with just 2 examples. After 2011 election, how many corps members have been killed.

They made the audience think that those from the same tribe dont kill each other. We have evidence against this everyday in our news.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
pseudonomer: Gosh, I hate to lose... Even though I was very busy(attending to customers) during the debate, and my team mate was not in good shape which I see as the reason why we lost. Not happy though, we could have won. I pray we make it to the next round anyway.
You really tried guy... Bt on a day lyk dzn u shud av canceld all today schedule.. Kudos..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
Tolexander: i didn't follow the debate only followed you posts.

Who are the other debaters(oau reps)?
My ogas ni oo Davo93 and Miracy......watch out for themwink
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
pseudonomer:

You know you shouldn't be boosting... If my team-mate was fit, we would have won. Is like two against 1.5
Hmm.....take it in good faith bro, your effort was tremendous i must say, you know we arent responsible for the misfortune.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by afobam(m): 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oau were not at all disappointing. Well done tola, more ogbon, more imo, more oye. GRACIAS!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
FUNAAB first speaker I doff my cap. You are brave. Despite the fact that you are alone you fought gallantly. Hope the second speaker is fine?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:16pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay: Chai!!! I came late. #Wedding things#

Have read the presentations, wonderful performance from all participants.

The topic pitched it net at OAU's camp becaue they opposed the motion. They shrewdingly commit fallacy of misericordion by ONLY appealing to the pity of the audience and the judges. They over painted the death of 10 corps members in 2011 and effect of boko haram. They made people to see their death as ethnical instead of political, they made boko haram to appear as against corp members only. Didnt boko haram killed those that are hausa? How are you sure boko haram members are only northerners?

They opponent failed to counter their loose arguments by asking questions like: how many corp members have been killed by boko haram? Are boko haram guys killing only those from other tribe? How many states are affected by this insecurity?

OAU team seems to be myopic by only talking about hausa and Igbo. What of Igbo and Yoruba? How many Northern states are affected by boko haram? Must we be totally stop the program just because of very few state?

But OAU team made the best out of the opportunity of opposing.
I see this as a serious allegation and i must debunk it, i made mention of other zones, although i didnt specifically mention them one by one. But if you read my essay and my rebuttals you would see this i touched all areas within my knowledge. And the Boko Haram you mentioned, i never stressed, neither did my opponent stress that they were after the corps members, i think you got biased before reading that was why you thought our debate was myopic.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
To OAU team, you have received many kudos, I will also give you mine, it cant be too much. Congratulations. You won!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
Omolola1: What more do I have to say? Deschyko has said everything.

Worthy of note is the way pseudonomer kept his calm and responded to the rebuttals calmly..you did great even though you were the only one doing most of the work at the rebuttals stage. However, you left some of my questions unanswered.

Oluwatola, Oluwatola, Oluwatola...three gbosa's for you grin
Your presentation, command of the English Language, arrangement, and response to rebuttals were lovely. You did a great job.

Cimetidine, my friend cheesy
Even though we were on each other's neck at the rebuttal stage, you also did a good job. Most of the time, you were answering my questions with questions, try giving direct answers.
I commend your team work, it's what made you both stand out.

However, you both (OAU reps) need to bring in your best for the next debate. If FUNAAB's second speaker was available, they would have given you guys a good run for the prize (whatever the prize is) grin

Congratulations once again.

GREAT IFE!!
My bossress, thanks a lot for taking your time with us, you really helped us during the course of the debate. And thanks for the critique, this indeed will be of great help for us next time. Eshe gan ni masmileysmileysmiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: I see this as a serious allegation and i must debunk it, i made mention of other zones, although i didnt specifically mention them one by one. But if you read my essay and my rebuttals you would see this i touched all areas within my knowledge. And the Boko Haram you mentioned, i never stressed, neither did my opponent stress that they were after the corps members, i think you got biased before reading that was why you thought our debate was myopic.

I am a coordinator, I wont take up the challenge to enter a debate here. I am not bias, I am only being critical.

You are brave ma'am. You and the other speaker did well.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay: OAU team stress political issues as ethnical. They subtly suggest seccession by opposing the motion with those points. The only point they made was insecurity with just 2 examples. After 2011 election, how many corps members have been killed.

They made the audience think that those from the same tribe dont kill each other. We have evidence against this everyday in our news.

Sorry, but bro this is a debate, everyone takes to his/her side and delibrately blinds his/her eyes to that of his opponents, you should be aware of this better than anyone else, i must say this your posts are totally uncalled for, if you dont like the fact we won, well no problem, i have nothing to say about that. But pls, your figure to me is that of respect, i dont want to lose that.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

I am a coordinator, I wont take up the challenge to enter a debate here. I am not bias, I am only being critical.

You are brave ma'am. You and the other speaker did well.
Well, anyway thanks.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Tolexander: 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: My ogas ni oo Davo93 and Miracy......watch out for themwink
davo93 and miracy!
I hail o.
Don't worry, Prof Bamitale Omole will reward you guys.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Sorry, but bro this is a debate, everyone takes to his/her side and delibrately blinds his/her eyes to that of his opponents, you should be aware of this better than anyone else, i must say this your posts are totally uncalled for, if you dont like the fact we won, well no problem, i have nothing to say about that. But pls, your figure to me is that of respect, i dont want to lose that.

OH! You misunderstood the purpose of my posts. They are only meant to help the other side to know what I think they should have put forward. You deserve the victory, it is very obvious. I believe you understand critical arguments.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by DesChyko1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
Yeah.. I don't know how I missed that. OAU's argument was just centered on 'killings'. Lacked more points. I've been a victim of this in the pioneer debate whose topic was 'Strike in the education sector'.. I spoke solely on ASUU strike and that almost cost me qualification. Take care to expantiate on more points.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
Tolexander: davo93 and miracy!
I hail o.
Don't worry, Prof Bamitale Omole will reward you guys.
Lol, just tell him to pull OAU out of the strike, that is all coolcoolcool
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Yeah.. I don't know how I missed that. OAU's argument was just centered on 'killings'. Lacked more points. I've been a victim of this in the pioneer debate whose topic was 'Strike in the education sector'.. I spoke solely on ASUU strike and that almost cost me qualification. Take care to expantiate on more points.

I thought I was the only one who noticed it. But thank God the opponent didnt look at that direction
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

OH! You misunderstood the purpose of my posts. They are only meant to help the other side to know what I think they should have put forward. You deserve the victory, it is very obvious. I believe you understand critical arguments.
Okay, but actually i didnt misunderstand you, your posts sounded too emphantic and as there are two sides to a coin, you can totally say that side A is right while side B is wrong, if i had been told to oppose the motion, i would have given it my full weight too, it isnt like one totally agrees with the topic he/she is told to debate on, you only just act like you are all about it and you totally agree with it, it is all formalty.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
No, i disagree with this, i mentioned that the scheme has created loathing among geo-political zones. Even i mentioned the repraisal attacks in the South on the Northerners. Maybe you didnt catch a glimpse of that.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Sorry, but bro this is a debate, everyone takes to his/her side and delibrately blinds his/her eyes to that of his opponents, you should be aware of this better than anyone else, i must say this your posts are totally uncalled for, if you dont like the fact we won, well no problem, i have nothing to say about that. But pls, your figure to me is that of respect, i dont want to lose that.

I am only exposing what I think is the weak points of your arguments. You deserve the victory, it is very clear. But had it been you had a different opponent or your opponent looked at those directions it would have been tougher. It is a lesson for both parties

Remember, we are all learning and you still have more debates ahead of you.

If you look at those weak points now you will be able to avoid them subsequently. Your opponents in other debates ahead of you can take the advantage. Or do you want me to only give you kudos and not help on how to improve subsequently?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

I am only exposing what I think is the weak points of your arguments. You deserve the victory, it is very clear. But had it been you had a different opponent or your opponent look at those directions it would have been tougher.

Remeber, we are all learning and you still have more debates ahead of you.

If you look at those weak points now you will be able to avoid them subsequently. Your opponents in other debates ahead of you can take the advantage. Or do you want me to only give you kudos and not help on how to improve subsequently?
Not at all sir, i hold words from critics in high esteem, you just sounded like we should mention the good side, and if we had, i am sure that you know it would have been used against us as ''contradicting our points''. All the same, thank you!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Okay, but actually i didnt misunderstand you, your posts sounded too emphantic and as there are two sides to a coin, you can totally say that side A is right while side B is wrong, if i had been told to oppose the motion, i would have given it my full weight too, it isnt like one totally agrees with the topic he/she is told to debate on, you only just act like you are all about it and you totally agree with it, it is all formalty.

As a matter of fact, I am not for nor against any party in the debate.

I would have loved that you understand my posts. That will be my greatest joy tonight
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
Boay: They made the audience think that those from the same tribe dont kill each other. We have evidence against this everyday in our news.
Sir take a look at what you earlier posted, you mean you were expecting us to portray this in the course of the debate? If we had done this and if you were to be a judge, you mean you would have scored this as a point knowing FULL well that we were on the supporting side of the topic? I dont get this at all.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Not at all sir, i hold words from critics in high esteem, you just sounded like we should mention the good side, and if we had, i am sure that you know it would have been used against us as ''contradicting our points''. All the same, thank you!!!

I am not saying you should contradict your points. But if you you were asked those questions how would you have escaped? I am only trying to broaden the scope.

Also remember that, I am only giving my opinions to widen things.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

As a matter of fact, I am not for nor against any party in the debate.

I would have loved that you understand my posts. That will be my greatest joy tonight
Well i do, and thanks a lot smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

I am not saying you should contradict your points. But if you you were asked those questions how would you have escaped? I have only trying to broaden the scope.

Also remember that, I am only giving my opinions to widen things.
Alright sir, i dont want to prolong this, thanks for the critiques sir, i will keep them in mind, thanks for reading our debate as well sir.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
@Madam Tola
You took my post as if I wrote intentionally against OAU team, it was direct to FUNAAB team to see what I think are opportunities for them and those things they should have done

If you know who I am, you will be sure I am neither for nor against OAU team because I made it clear that you deserve the victory
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Well i do, and thanks a lot smiley
Oluwatola5: Alright sir, i dont want to prolong this, thanks for the critiques sir, i will keep them in mind, thanks for reading our debate as well sir.

#exhale loudly#
Praise God! At last you understand the undertone of my posts.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay: @Madam Tola
You took my post as if I wrote intentionally against OAU team, it was direct to FUNAAB team to see what I think are opportunities for them and those things they should have done

If you know who I am, you will be sure I am neither for nor against OAU team because I made it clear that you deserve the victory
#sighs# Okay sir, thanks a lot sir. You evaded a question of mine, but i will pretend i didnt notice smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Ariyke: 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay: @Madam Tola

in actual fact u did just that
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ariyke: in actual fact u did just that

It may superficially appear like that, but in all honesty that was not the intention.

I believe other debaters have learnt from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pls Help Me out am Seriously In a Hot Soup / Which Have Better Job Opportunities, Biochemistry Or Microbiology? / Everything You Need To Know About The USMLE (For Medical Students/Doctors)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.