Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Vincent Enyeama Make History - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Make History (5844 Views)

Vincent Enyeama, Wife & Kids Take An After Match Photo / Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vincent Enyeama Make History by semoly(m): 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
Vincent Enyeama go into the history books as he become the goalkeeper with the second longest
number of minutes under his belt without
conceding in the French top flight.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Mikocake(m): 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
2nd best..calm down
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by homesteady(m): 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
He still has about 2 or 3 matches to go!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by OMG2013(m): 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
Congrats........
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Christianos: 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
homesteady: He still has about 2 or 3 matches to go!

He has accomplished it already. He only needed to keep a clean sheet in the first 4 mins of today's game against Marseille, but he kept a clean sheet throughout the match, as Lille won 1-0.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/lille/live-commentary/live-commentary-lille-1-0-marseille_121756.html

Congrats, Enyeama!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by collynzo2(m): 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
He has 142 minutes (one and half matches) left to break that record. Their next two matches are against Bordeaux and Bastia so he can do it.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by collynzo2(m): 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
I watched the match, the kind of saves he made were supernatural, Marseille's striker Gignac was even begging him to allow him score at a point.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 9:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
collynzo2: I watched the match, the kind of saves he made were supernatural, Marseille's striker Gignac was even begging him to allow him score at a point.
lol, niqqa must've been like "ejo, ema binu, bros just shift small make the ball enter."

God punish anybody wey say Toure deserve CAF African footballer of the Year over Enyeama. Enyeama is the shiiiiiit!

5 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by legendsilver(m): 9:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Up Naija
Up Enyeama
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by MAYOWAAK: 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
FOR THE RECORD: The highest number of minutes without conceding a goal in the French Championnat is 1,176 minutes by Gaetan Huard in the 1992/93 season. The longest consecutive run in the English Premier League is 1,025 minutes by Chelsea’s Peter Cech in the 2004/05 season. The most clean sheets in one EPL season is 24 also by Cech in 2004/05.

The longest clean sheet at a World Cup finals was 517 minutes kept by Italian goalkeeper Walter Zenga at Italia ‘90. After not conceding in the earlier five games, Zenga was beaten by a Claudio Cannigia 67th minute goal for Argentina in the semi-final in Naples. The match ended 1-1 and Italy were eliminated 4-3 on penalties.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by zoboizee: 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
two will get him there. He his presently on 1035 mins. The record is 1175 mins. He is really a very lucky keeper. Even though his team lack flair n creativity. Too much sit backs at most of their games,counter n long crosses. If they ever set foot in europe nxt season, they will get nowhere.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by kokoA(m): 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
This man can save a life o. Sho! Congrats Eyeama.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by marutimon: 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
MAYOWAAK: The longest consecutive run in the English Premier League is 1,025 minutes by Chelsea’s Peter Cech in the 2004/05 season. The most clean sheets in one EPL season is 24 also by Cech in 2004/05.

Your data is wrong. The EPL record belongs to van der Sar who 1311 minutes without conceeding in 2008/2009.

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Lucentbeauty(f): 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Congrats bro,he deserves it,am not into sports that much but he is my fave Nigerian goal keeper.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Forzap: 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
Badoolistic ENYEAMA cheesy!!well done man!!!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by aieromon(m): 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
marutimon:

Your data is wrong. The EPL record belongs to van der Sar who 1311 minutes without conceeding in 2008/2009.

You beat me to it.

Thanks for correcting this wrong information.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Feedmemore(f): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
Enyeama go, yes you can do it. I will be praying for you to achieve this feat.

With God all things are possible.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by babyboy3(m): 12:45am On Dec 04, 2013
Like I should be excited about what goes on in the French league...

Lets see him against Stoke City or West Ham or a team that plays direct football, where they will have defenders sitting on him

Enyeama ko Oyama ni
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by collynzo2(m): 12:49am On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

Lets see him against Stoke City or West Ham or a team that plays direct football, where they will have defenders sitting on him

Enyeama ko Oyama ni
Who says French league teams do not play direct football?
What useless strikers do West ham and Stoke have as compared to the likes of Falcao and Gignac Enyeama has faced so far?

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by babyboy3(m): 1:07am On Dec 04, 2013
collynzo2: Who says French league teams do not play direct football?
What useless strikers do West ham and Stoke have as compared to the likes of Falcao and Gignac Enyeama has faced so far?

Please you and I know that Ligue 1 is not in the same page as the EPL.... first thing first Enyeama is not tall enough to play in the PL and thats a fact. Defenders will dominate him easily.

Look he is a very good goalie but he has his level

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 6:02am On Dec 04, 2013
Please y'all should ignore baby-boy. He's hating cuz he can see Enyeama is breaking records and is likely to beat his god, Toure for the CAF awards. Dear baby-boy, if it's so easy to break a record in a minor league like that of the French(which is in the top 5 European leagues), why didn't Enyeama set an European record when he was in Israel that should be one of the easiest leagues in Europe? Yesterday, even those in the England and Spain you're ranting about, acknowledged the 'wall' that is Enyeama, hence, the opinion of a nonentity as yourself really doesn't count for shiiiitt. So kindly take a back-seat and watch Enyeama break and set records like a BOSS.

5 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 6:11am On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

Enyeama ko Oyama ni
statistics. Shots on target against Lille in the past 11 games- 33. Shots on target saved by Enyeama in 11 games- 33. No. Of blocks- 29. If the defenders are so bad-a$s like you claim, why does Enyeama have to save so many shots? Lille is at best an average team in Ligue 1, they can only score 1 goal at each match 97% of the time, if not for Enyeama's super saves, Lille wouldn't be in 2nd place, they would be in the bottom 10. What is the meaning of 'Enyeama ko, Oyama ni'? How old are you? 5? Oh, my bad! You're called 'BABY-boy', living up to your name? This your beef for a World Class goalie like Enyeama isn't ordinary, did he marry the girl you were in love with?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by chibunna90: 7:05am On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

Enyeama ko Oyama ni
Enyeama can do it, haters should go and kiss hot-plate.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by babyboy3(m): 7:23am On Dec 04, 2013
safarigirl: statistics. Shots on target against Lille in the past 11 games- 33. Shots on target saved by Enyeama in 11 games- 33. No. Of blocks- 29. If the defenders are so bad-a$s like you claim, why does Enyeama have to save so many shots? Lille is at best an average team in Ligue 1, they can only score 1 goal at each match 97% of the time, if not for Enyeama's super saves, Lille wouldn't be in 2nd place, they would be in the bottom 10. What is the meaning of 'Enyeama ko, Oyama ni'? How old are you? 5? Oh, my bad! You're called 'BABY-boy', living up to your name? This your beef for a World Class goalie like Enyeama isn't ordinary, did he marry the girl you were in love with?

Can someone tell me how many shots did Newcastle's Tim Krul save or stopped against Spurs 2 weeks ago?

14 shots in one game

Enyeama saved 33 shots in 11 games (an average 3 a game) compared to 14 in one game!!!

safarigirl you need to concentrate on what's burning in the kitchen
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by IAMBREEZY: 7:26am On Dec 04, 2013
Nice one enyeama i believe you can do it.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Adamskuty(m): 7:41am On Dec 04, 2013
collynzo2: I watched the match, the kind of saves he made were supernatural, Marseille's striker Gignac was even begging him to allow him score at a point.
grin grin pls is that ghana football thread still alive? grin i tried searching for it but i couldn't find it
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 04, 2013
safarigirl: lol, niqqa must've been like "ejo, ema binu, bros just shift small make the ball enter."

God punish anybody wey say Toure deserve CAF African footballer of the Year over Enyeama. Enyeama is the shiiiiiit!
shut up ur mouth..,wat do u lady know abt sports? stop fooling urself,u ladies just want to talk because people are talking. Yaya toure won bbc award and not caf award. Besides,enyeama was not even nominate for dat bbc award.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by homesteady(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2013
Baby boy what's your reason for hating on enyema? undecided
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by collynzo2(m): 7:56am On Dec 04, 2013
Adamskuty: grin grin pls is that ghana football thread still alive? grin i tried searching for it but i couldn't find it
It has been hidden.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2013
Dr2great: shut up ur mouth..,wat do u lady know abt sports? stop fooling urself,u ladies just want to talk because people are talking. Yaya toure won bbc award and not caf award. Besides,enyeama was not even nominate for dat bbc award.
what are you ranting about you deranged rabid dog?! How can I be talking and an under-achieving, ret@rd3d nonentity like you wan follow me drag mouth. What do I know bout sports? More than your sorry, diaorrhea-mouthed self, that's for sure. If your mother didn't teach you how to talk to a lady, apply and I'll teach your ignorant self. In your pathetic life, don't you EVER cross my path to spew such arrogant BS cuz I will so useless you on this forum, Seun will ban me till 2813. Bloody dead-brained as$hole

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by safarigirl(f): 8:05am On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

Can someone tell me how many shots did Newcastle's Tim Krul save or stopped against Spurs 2 weeks ago?

14 shots in one game

Enyeama saved 33 shots in 11 games (an average 3 a game) compared to 14 in one game!!!

safarigirl you need to concentrate on what's burning in the kitchen
you need to concentrate on something that can make you money rather than forming fake analyst that you'll never get paid for.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Make History by abatically(m): 8:06am On Dec 04, 2013
safarigirl: lol, niqqa must've been like "ejo, ema binu, bros just shift small make the ball enter."

The CAF player of the year is determined by performance over a calender year. u know that don't u. And Enyeama plays for League one, they are not highly rated, they are not even in the champions league. Also He has had just 16 appearances this year from August. What happened between January and June? No single club appearance? You people should stop being sentimental because he is a Nigerian. Now u are comparing him with a player that has made over 64 club appearance in the last 12 months.. being a vital player. C'mon dudes its never done like that. Let's leave sentiments out of this. L:et's just say Enyeama is building his stats for next year's award, not this one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out This Fixed Game I Won / Sir Alex Fergusson's Chewing Gum Habit / Stephen Keshi's Confession On USA 94

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.