Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

The Sim Card... - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Sim Card... (8965 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sim Card... by stefikal(f): 7:33am On Jan 03, 2014
#Following
Re: The Sim Card... by IamDejman(m): 8:10am On Jan 03, 2014
Good Morning,
As announced, the story "THE SIM CARD" starts today. Lets sit back and grab our phones/tablets/Laptops and read on. Thanks
SIGNED
IamDejman
Secretary of the thread

2 Likes

Re: The Sim Card... by bandely(m): 10:34am On Jan 03, 2014
Permit me to sign in.
Re: The Sim Card... by Nancydearie(f): 10:49am On Jan 03, 2014
Kingzpen,why u no tell me u don start *SIMCARD* I dey vex ooooo,anyway i don sit down for front row.
Re: The Sim Card... by adusco(m): 11:55am On Jan 03, 2014
Nancy!
You are here?
You are welcom
Re: The Sim Card... by Ormorlehwah(f): 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
I WAITED PATIENTLY......... #following
Re: The Sim Card... by Nancydearie(f): 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
adusco: Nancy!
You are here?
You are welcom
Yes my dear,didn't even know he has started this one. Thanks
Re: The Sim Card... by adusco(m): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nancydearie: Yes my dear,didn't even know he has started this one. Thanks

lolz, forgive him
you are wlcm.
Re: The Sim Card... by Nancydearie(f): 12:20am On Jan 04, 2014
adusco:

lolz, forgive him
you are wlcm.
I have done that.
Re: The Sim Card... by Temmytayo20(f): 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
#following#
Re: The Sim Card... by Comradekenny(m): 10:01am On Jan 06, 2014
Wats up Kingzpen......U've been keeping us waiting.....Hope all's well
Re: The Sim Card... by hikmoj(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2014
CHAI y no body alert me na...bt ojoro plenty here...all of una don carry front sit...anyway i fit stil watch simCARD from here...I GUESS NA GLO sim...THUmb uP
Re: The Sim Card... by zainharb: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2014
I tink Kingzpen in preparing for skul so he wont av tym to update regularly lyk he did in my life on campus
Re: The Sim Card... by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
Oqa kinzpen ...... I hail o... *following*.......

Abeg is there any space up front??
Re: The Sim Card... by bandely(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
Where is Kingzpen? In fact, once I arrive Ibadan, I am coming to your room! You must tell me the story from beginning to end.
Re: The Sim Card... by tingizzy(m): 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
where is the story na
Re: The Sim Card... by funlover1(m): 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
..Walks in to d thread..finds no update..walks away in annoyance cursing under his breath..hisses...shio !
Re: The Sim Card... by eyezik3(m): 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
Kingzpen, why U no update naa we av been waiting for update since yestdae...Or are u still busy preparin for skul nii?
#TeamSimcard
Re: The Sim Card... by philtrum(m): 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
una never hear, the Sim card done lost.....lolz

dust plenty for here o
Re: The Sim Card... by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
#following#
Re: The Sim Card... by SexySapphire(f): 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
Is kingzpen on honeymoon or what? cos dis one dat dis sim card can't find network is crazy na sos the tin dy read. Abeg help us find Kingzpen ooo

1 Like

Re: The Sim Card... by KingzPen(m): 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ooooooops, see cobwebs Oooooo on this thread... Pls y'all don't be upset with me... Trying to settle down and clear off some pending work on my desk...

Pls I'm so sorry... I will try my best to update tomorrow...

Itz so hectic here...

Thankz Y'all...
Re: The Sim Card... by horlartayor(m): 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
following
Re: The Sim Card... by KingzPen(m): 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2014
EPISODE 1

I sat on the couch, holding a glass of juice, watching the television when Nancy walked in.

“Oh my God!” She shouted, running quickly to hug me. “Baaaaaaaabbbbbyyyy!”

I let down the glass I held, then hugged her tight and even tighter as I felt her headlamps on my chest.

“When did you get here?” Nancy asked, still restless.

I let go of her, then we sat on the couch. “Not quite long.” I said with a smile on my face.

“How was service?” She asked.

“Mehn, service was fun.” I said and laughed out loud.

She gave a suspicious look. “Hmm, hope you didn’t touch those Edo girls?” She asked and winked at me twice.

“No, come on. You’re my one and only and I dare not share your love with anybody.” I lied and grinned.

She shrugged. “Have you eaten?”

“No.”

“Why?” She asked. “Is Caro not around?”

“She’s already preparing something for me to eat.” I replied.

“Ok, that’s good.” She said, stood up and pecked me. “Let me change up.”

“Ok.”

She took few steps towards the stairs, then she paused and walked briskly back to the television set. She looked at me, I gazed at her, she walked to the shelf, picked a DVD and inserted it into the player.

“Which film is that?” I asked, curious.

She grabbed the remote, pressed some control buttons and the movie played on the screen.

“Baby, what’s the title of the film na?” I asked again.

She looked at me, smiled, then she threw the pack of the DVD to me and walked away. “That’s a blockbuster movie from King’s Pen.” She said.

“The sim card.” I quietly read out the title written on the pack of the DVD.

I picked up my glass of juice, relaxed on the couch, crossed my leg, then installed my attention in the movie:

James and John had grown to be experienced programmers. At eleven, they had broken fifteen internet secured servers. With their terrific programming skills, they had abetted shoplifters to shut down the security cameras hung around the malls they operated.

Three years later they twined up to build a mobile tracking device; a device that could detect a person’s location if and only if they have the mobile number of the individual.

“Run your code, let’s see.” James said to John, concentrating on his laptop. “I have finished mine but the error is massive.”

“I’m coming.” John replied, tilting the neck of his laptop backward. “Just some codes left but I’m sure mine would run.”

“Ok.”

“Jay Jay!” Their mother shouted from the sitting room.

“Mehn, mum is fond of reducing our pace.” James angrily said.

John chuckled, saved his work and head on to meet their mother. James was engrossed in his work, trying to fix the bug he had with his program.

Not long, their mother barged into their room. “James, did you hear me call you?”

“Mum, I’m sorry.” He said, closed his laptop and stood off from his bed.

She stretched some money to him, he hurriedly collected it from her to save the brain of his laptop from been scattered on the ground.

“Go get some stockfish.” She said, dipping her finger into her hair, scratching it as she thought of what else to buy. “Then, you buy bread. Hurry cos your dad would be going out soon.”

James scampered out of the house while John returned to the room. John sat on the bed, opened James’ laptop and helped fix his bug.

It never appeared to The Richards that it was a black Saturday for them, not until they faced the reality of it.

Three hefty men walked through the gate into the sitting room and sat down on the couch. Mr Richard, with a towel tied around his waist, exposed his potbelly and his chin saturated with moist shaving powder, came into the sitting room to meet their August visitors.

He was startled. “Hello Sirs, how may I help you?” He asked as he inched towards them.

One of the men smiled and replied, “we are here for something you won’t be willing to give.”

Mr Richard needed no seer to inform him that those men were dangerously armed. “I’m willing to give you anything you demand for. Money? Name your price.” He tremblingly replied.

They all laughed, making jest of him. “Where are the two wizards in this house?” One of the men asked.

“Wizard?” He surprisingly asked. “There are no wizards in this house.”

They all laughed again save Mr Richard who had his heart in his mouth. “James and John, where are they?” They asked.

“Sir?”

“I said where are your kids?!” One of the men angrily asked, alerting Mrs Richard.

She tiptoed towards the sitting room, eavesdropping their conversation. She was scared when she heard that her kids would be taken away. She scurried to her room, reached for her phone to dial the police.

POW! The phone slipped from her hand as she heard a gunshot from the sitting room. She took off ninety miles per hour to the scene, only to see her husband in a pool of his own blood, gasping for life.

She rushed and knelt beside him, crying almost immediately, then placed his head to rest on her arm. “Peter, no no no, you can’t go now!” She screamed out loud, crying profusely. “Hang on a little please. Pleeeeeaaaasssseee Peter please.”

She quickly laid his head to rest on the floor while she rushed to get her car key. She did in split seconds. “John!” She screamed as she headed towards his room.

She almost blanked out when he met his absence. “Jesus! Why me? Why God why?” She yelled, looking to the ceiling as she walked back to her husband.

Mrs Richard rushed to the car, opened the door, swiftly returned, lifted her husband with the whole of her energy and got him into the car; you really don’t know how much power you possess until you have no choice than to exhibit it.

She opened the gate and zoomed off to the hospital.

James, who was busy thinking of the bugs in his program, was shocked to see the gate of his house widely opened. He inched into the compund looking around like a stranger. He cared less about the gate when he realised that one out of the three cars they had was nowhere to be found. James entered the house only to be welcomed by the blood of his father.

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: The Sim Card... by KingzPen(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
EPISODE 2

James couldn’t fathom what he saw, he looked confused and was totally mystified. He knelt beside the blood, touched it and looked keenly at his stained fingers.

“Whose blood is this?” He asked himself. “John? Mum? Dad? Oh God!”

He stood up and rushed into his room. He stood at akimbo as his neck gently turned like a robot, scanning his scattered room. What must have happened? Where is John? Who died? Loads of question exhumed his mind. James hurried back to the sitting room when he heard a phone ring. He wasn’t quite sure whose phone it was as his right hand groped under the couch for it. Colonel Mohammed? He asked himself as he angrily looked at the phone, wondering who the owner was.

“This bastard must know about this.” He furiously said, pointing to the pool of blood on the floor, then he answered the call. “Hello?”

“Mustapha! You must be crazy.” Colonel Mohammed roared. “Those boys are meant to be here by now!”

“Boys?” James replied, puzzled. “Which boys?”

“Who’s this?”

“Who are you too?!” James yelled.

Almost immediately, Colonel Mohammed hung up the call.

“Damn! Mustapha failed me.” Colonel Mohammed bellowed, standing to his feet.

A fierce retired military personnel he was, Colonel Mohammed. He had worked with the miltary for eighteen years and was kicked out of the army as a major while on a mission in Liberia for mutiny but that didn’t stop his promotion to subsequent ranks as he solely created his own paramilitary squad named, Anziria.

Colonel Mohammed became restless, perambulating about in his exquisite office as he wondered who answered Mustapha’s call. He paused, tilted his head a little and thought for some second when he heard a knock in his door.

“Yes, come in.” Colonel Mohammed said as he sat on his chair.

The door opened. Mustapha and two other men walked in, stood at attention, then saluted Colonel Mohammed, who crossly gazed at Mustapha.

“Mission executed Sir!” Mustapha said, still standing at attention.

Colonel Mohammed furiously gazed at Mustapha for some seconds without uttering a word. He stood up, walked to Mustapha and intsalled his raging eyes on him.

“Where are the boys?” Colonel Mohammed asked.

Mustapha, who was drowning in the river of confusion, wondered why his boss was acting strange which got his lips sealed for some seconds.

“Sir, he is outside.” He replied.

“He? or they?” Colonel Mohammed questioned again, “which?”

“Sir, we found just one of the twins in the house.” Mustapha explained. “The second was no where to be found.”

“Joker!” Colonel Mohammed yelled. “Where is your phone?”

Mustapha reluctantly reached for his phone in his pocket only to realise it was absent. He was puzzled as he intensified his aimless search.

Colonel Mohammed laughed out loud as he watched Mustapha fooled around. “Your phone is with the other twin.” He said.

“Sir?” Mustapha asked, more confused.

“Go get me the boy.” Colonel Mohammed softly instructed.

“Yes Sir!” Mustapha shouted.

“Send in the other boy!” Colonel Mohammed said as Mustapha and the other men exited his office.

Mustapha got out of Colonel Mohammed’s office angry, spanked John and ordered him to go in to meet his boss. With his hands on his buttocks, John sheepishly opened the door to Colonel Mohammed’s office and walked in to him.

“Hmm, young brain.” Colonel Mohammed said with a smile on his face. “Come and sit here.”

John strolled to Colonel Mohammed’s desk and sat on a chair in front of him.

“Feel at home son.”

“Why am I here?” John asked. “What do you want from me?”

“Your questions will all be answered when Mustapha arrives.” Colonel Mohammed reluctantly replied.

***************** Gbam! She slammed the door of her car and walked briskly into the house. Oh my God! That did James heard that got him rushing from his room to the living room only to meet his mum weeping uncontrollably.

“Mummy, what happened?” James asked. “Who died? Where is John? Where is dad?”

Mrs Martin tried replying but words were too heavy to come out of her mouth. James moved closer to his mum, cuddled her and softly repeated his questions to her ears.

“Your ....”

Bang! Bang!! A heavy knock on the door.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: The Sim Card... by KingzPen(m): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
EPISODE 3

“Mum?” James asked, mystified. “Who are those?”

“Don’t know son.” She replied, standing up on her feet.

Bang! Bang!! Bang!!! That signalled danger to Mrs Martin and her whiz kid. She tiptoed to the door, peeped through the keyhole and saw a pistol hanging on the belt of one of the men.

Like flash, she raised her head and instructed James to flee into one of the rooms to hide. As James fled for safety, Mrs Martin opened the door and the men forced their way in.

“Where is your son?!” Mustapha angrily asked.

Without hesitation, Mrs Martin hauled Mustapha by his shirt and screamed to his face, “you killed my husband and took away my son!”

Mustapha smiled and ordered his men to go into the rooms to search for James. They left immediately leaving Mustapha alone with grieved Mrs Martin.

“Hey woman, get your hands off my shirt.” He softly commanded. “It cost a fortune.”

Mrs Martin, who rendered deaf ears to his words, hissed and clutched her hands more tightly to his shirt. I guess you haven’t learnt your lesson, I will definitely send you on a journey of no return, he thought to himself.

“Beast! That’s what you are!” She cried. “May God punish you for bringing so much pains into my home. You will sure rot in hell. You will...”

“Me? Rot in hell?” Mustapha interrupted.

“Yes! You! Fool!” She yelled and spat on him.

You ain’t a man if you can’t control your anger. That was the saying Mustapha remembered that made him a temporary boss over his emotion.

“Woman, I’m warning you again, get your hands off me. Now!”

Far from adhering to Mustapha’s command, Mrs Martin tore his shirt and lividly installed her incisors on his neck. Reflexly, Mustapha threw a jab on her jaw which immediately got her flat on the floor. In an attempt to talk, Mrs Martin spilled out blood from her mouth and began to gasp.

“Boss, we didn’t see the...” One of the men said as they returned to the sitting room.

They stood surprised with their eyes fixed on helpless Mrs Martin, who rolled back and forth on the ground.

“Where is the boy?!” Mustapha angrily asked.

“We didn’t see him.” They mutually replied.

Get lost! Mustapha roared as he walked in angrily on the trail of James. Seeing Mustapha’s rage hitting the pinnacle, two of the men scurried out of the house and waited by their vehicle while the third rushed towards Mrs Martin and knelt beside her.

“You will be fine.” He softly said, reaching for the bruise on her forehead.

Mrs Martin tried hitting his hand off from her face but she gave up the ghost before she could. He placed his ear on her chest to confirm if she was dead, yes, she was. POW! Gunshot from one of the rooms. The two men standing by their car rushed into the house wondering what happened as they looked puzzled at the third. They walked quietly into one of the rooms only to see Mustapha laid dead on the ground.

On a whim, they all brought out their pistol, cocked it and shared themselves into various rooms in search of the threat. One of the men ransacked the very room Mustapha was killed, he peeped under the bed, checked the bathroom and found nobody. He scanned around and saw a wardrobe, he walked towards it and opened it. POW! Blood splash all over. James quickly changed his hideout, ran behind the green opaque curtain of his dad’s room and waited for the environment to be serene. The other two men almost immediately rushed into the room and saw another horror picture of their fellow. They needed not to be preached to, they took off ninety miles per hour to their car and zoomed off.

**************************** “Little boy, take your drink.” Colonel Mohammed urged.

John stared angrily at the Colonel as he had unnecesarily detained him without any reason. Colonel Mohammed ignored him concentrating more on his laptop, then a rapid knock hit his door.

“Come in.”

Two of his men walked in and were all sweaty. Colonel Mohammed gave a disdain look and asked, “where is Mustapha?”

The two looked at each other and synchronously answered, “he’s dead.”

Dead? He sounded astonished as he stood up from his chair and walked towards them. “How come?” He asked as he installed his raging eyes on them. “Who killed him?”

They shivered which got their lips sealed for some seconds. He couldn’t exercise any more patient so he dazed one of them with a slap on his cheek and ordered them out of his office. The Colonel was so disturbed because his mission executor is no more. He perambulated around his office with his hands on his waist, thinking deeply and just after some minutes that he got his consciousness, John was nowhere to be found.

“Guards!”

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: The Sim Card... by KingzPen(m): 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
EPISODE 4

Three hefty men rushed into the Colonel’s office and immediately assumed a posture of attention, waiting for the commander’s order.

“Go get the boy!” Colonel Mohammed yelled, pointing to the door.

“Which boy?” One of the men asked.

“You fool! The boy that left this room just now. He mustn’t leave this premises else count yourselves dead.”

They all scurried out of the Colonel’s office in search of John but then, John was in the toilet, right inside the Colonel’s office. He had with him one of the Colonel’s cell phones which he sneaked during the Colonel’s chaotic state. He dialed his mum’s line but poor network signal denied him access. He dialed again.

“Hey! Mum.” He whispered.

“Who’s this?”

“Hey James, give it to mum quickly. Now!”

“What’s up, where are you?” James asked, with tears trickling down his cheeks.

“Come on, don’t ask me that now. Hurry, give the phone to mum.”

James sniffled and reluctantly replied, “mum is dead.”

“What?!”

“Yes, she is.” James said.

The phone slipped out of John’s hand and landed on the ground producing a clattered sound which caught the attention of Colonel Mohammed. The Colonel, who was initially troubled kept his cool and tiptoed towards the toilet door. He bent quickly peeping through the keyhole of the door but found no sign of anybody’s presence. He was quite frightened but as a military personnel, who wasn’t meant to fear an unseen enemy, took the courage and forced his way into the toilet. He looked around, checked behind the door, foolishly threw a glance into the water closet and was quite convinced that nobody was there, so he walked out.

****************************** “Have lost it all!” James cried out loud as he redialed the Colonel’s line to get in touch with his brother. “Jesus! Why?” All attempt to reach John failed, James immediately became forlorn. He had cried his eyes out and all he could feel at that instance was migraine. That didn’t stop him as he packed his belongings and headed straight to his uncle’s house that evening. He had with him John’s laptop likewise his, so as to run the software to track the location of Colonel Mohammed. With a tearstained face, he arrived at his uncle’s residence and knocked on the door.

“Who’s there?” His uncle’s wife asked.

“It’s me ma.” James softly replied. “James.”

“Ha James! What happened? This night?” She responded, surprised as she hastened up to the door to open it. James suddenly burst into tears as she gave him a welcome hug.

She couldn’t hold her peace as she quickly led him to a seat and questioned him, “what happened? Why are you crying? What of Mum and Dad?” She rushed. “Come on darling, talk to me.”

James sniffled, wiped away his flowing tears with the back of his palm and managed to reply the questions asked with a single statement, “Aunty Jibike, my parents are dead.”

“Jesus! What?!” She screamed.

Tinuke, who was washing the dishes in the kitchen, ran into the sitting room, “Mummy, what’s wrong?”

Aunty Jibike covered her mouth with her palm as she speechlessly gazed at her daughter. Tinuke moved closer to James and noticed his tearstained faced, then she directed her question to him but his lips were sealed to speak.

“Daddy must hear this.” Tinuke said as she scurried into one of the rooms.

“James come.” Aunty Jibike softly said, pulling him up to his feet. “Come and freshen up, ok?”

James nodded and followed her to the guest room. Aunty Jibike excused him as James rightly demanded for some privacy. He brought out his laptop and John’s, flipped both open, turned them on and immediately reached for a flash drive to transfer the codes written on John’s laptop to his.

With a saturated eyes, he got the software to run without bugs. He swiftly grasped Mustapha’s cell phone, navigated to its call log and typed into the software Colonel Mohammed’s number.

“Longitude, sixty-four degrees north?” James read out the result produced by the software. “Come on give me the exact location of this idiot!”

Beep! The software finally gave the exact position of Colonel Mohammed’s line. With the graphical plot of the exact position displayed on the screen of his laptop, James ran out of the room to inform Aunty Jibike. As he opened the door, he bumped into his Uncle, Dr Richard.

“Have seen the person that killed my parents!”

“What are you saying?” His Uncle asked as he followed him back into the room to see the evidence.

“Sir, see this point, that’s our position.” James explained, pointing to the screen of his laptop.

“Hmm hmm.” His Uncle nodded in affirmation.

“Now see this sir, that’s the man’s current location.”

“Which man? What’s his name and how do you know?”

“After I returned from the market, I saw blood all over the sitting room which got me curious. Then after some minutes, I found this phone ringing under the couch. I answered the call only to hear a strange voice yelling and saying that those boys should be here by now so I knew the man speaking knew something about the death of my parents and the kidnap of my brother.”

“Let’s get the police immediately.”

“Hey! Sir, he’s moving away!” James bellowed as he noticed a change in the posiion of the point.

“Let’s go.”

********************************************** After spending one hour perambulating about his office, Colonel Mohammed decided to take his leave home. He walked to the window and was about sliding down the blind when he saw someone creeping out of the gate. That should be the boy, he thought.

He hurried to the guardroom and ordered some men to chase after him. John, who wasn’t ready to be caught, sprinted like a BMW on an express lane. The guards also ran as fast as they could, trailing John closely. John ran into an uncompleted building and almost immediately a car parked in front of it. James rushed out of the car with his laptop opened in his hand, walking towards John’s hideout with the help of the software.

"You!"

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: The Sim Card... by KingzPen(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
EPISODE 5

“Me?” James looked to his left, beholding three men walking towards him.

“Yes, you.” One of them replied. “Come here.”

With his heart in his hand, James inched towards them, having configured his mind to run if danger ensued. James got to them, they beamed their flashlight on him, rendering him blind to their faces. He tried shedding away the rays of light with his left hand, holding firmly the laptop with his right.

“What are you doing here, kid?” They guffawed. “You think you can run?”

James remained mute, he couldn’t say a word but constantly dragged his feet backwards as the men inched after him. Suddenly, James let go his laptop, flinging it away like an empty carton, screeming and sprinting towards his uncle. The Anziria gangs, almost immediately brought out their pistol and ran after him. Though his legs were weak and short, James still paced faster than the plus-size men that ran after him. They couldn’t shoot even when they noticed James ran very fast because Colonel Mohammed wouldn’t take death as an excuse.

Dr Richard, seeing James running towards him, pocketed his cell phone which he had been dialing and redialing nine one one and wasn’t connecting. He strided quickly towards him and James ran behind his uncle like he was a fence big enough to shield him away from danger.

“What happened?” Dr Richard asked, concerned, scanning around, concentrating more at the distance James was running from. “Why the run? Did you get the location? Where is the laptop?”

The resonance of James’ heartbeat was deafening and every spurt of blood that ran into his arteries were loud enough to hear. He couldn’t say a word, all that came out of his mouth were heavy breathes.

“Would you talk to me now?!” Dr Richard yelled, pulling nervous James from behind to his view. “Talk!”

A beam of light shone straight on Dr Richard’s angry face, it was the Anziria gangs. They paced faster and got nearer to the anxious Richards. Dr Richard blocked the ray of light with his hands, moved away from James and closer to the gunmen.

“Who are you?!” Dr Richard roared.

Far from telling him who they were, one of the men punched him straight in the face, breaking his spectacles. He fell flat on the ground, groaning in pain. James was about disappearing again when he bumped into one of the men. He was immediately heaved on the shoulder like a bag of cement.

James struggled and cried out, “help! Let me go!”

“Go get his laptop and proceed to camp.” One said to another.

Dr Richard, who wouldn’t give up, vigorously stood up like a wrestler, grabbed one’s neck and bit it deep. In pain, the man screamed, letting go of his weapon and trying all he could to get the hyena’s teeth off his neck. Dr Richard wasn’t conscious enough about the fact that the men were armed. He fought on and on and on until the game was over. Pow! He dropped dead. Dr Richard couldn’t bid his loved ones farewell; death doesn’t announce. His killers scuttled to catch up with their colleague who had James.

Like a rat coming out of its hole, John crept out of his hiding, all sweaty. With the aid of the light from the Colonel’s cell phone, he walked briskly, looking left and right, towards his uncle’s late body.

“Oh No! This can’t be.” He yelled as he illuminated his face. “Uncle, who did this to you?! Who?! Somebody help!”

John cried. His brain clogged and his throat swelled with tears as he left his uncle on the ground and went in search of help.

The clock ticked on and her husband hadn’t returned. Aunty Jibike constantly checked the time as it was past nine o’clock already; her husband wouldn’t miss the network news for anything, not even for an emergency.

“Tinuke, drop your daddy’s food in the cooler.” She reached for the TV remote control. “And bring my phone from the table.”

Knock! Knock!! That’s Baba Tinuke, Aunty Jibike thought as she lifted her plump-self up and walked to open the door. She opened but alas nobody was at the door.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: The Sim Card... by KingzPen(m): 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
EPISODE 6

She stood at akimbo for some seconds, looking to the right and left, wondering who knocked.

“Hello?!” She called out, but nobody answered.

Her legs wobbled as she built up the courage to check around. Gently taking a step at a time, Aunty Jibike walked quietly towards the right side of the house, hoping to find who or what may had hit her door. She had almost revolved completely round the building when she heard a loud scream from within. Not minding how heavy she was, the caring mother dashed as fast as she could to the aid of her endangered daughter.

“Tinuke, kilode?” She rushed in.

“Shush!”

Aunty Jibike obeyed, covering her mouth with her palms. The masked gunman, who had her daughter’s neck engulfed in his arm, signaled her with his index finger to come closer. She did.

“Please don’t hurt my daughter.” She whisphered, trembling.

“Cross, you don see the phone?” The gunman raised.

Which phone were they looking for and who the hell was Cross? Aunty Jibike’s troubled mind couldn’t hit upon the answer to those bugging questions. Cross, who was also masked came out of one of the rooms; the exact room James dropped his baggage. He had retrieved the phone; Mustapha’s cell phone which James possessed, they had been sent by Colonel Mohammed to get it.

“Let’s go.” Cross beckoned.

“Okay. Lead her to the car as I settle her daughter.”

“Please! Please!!” Aunty Jibike screamed, struggling with Cross as he pushed her to the door-way.

“Mummy!” Tinuke yelled.

Aunty Jibike couldn’t save her daughter as she was forcefully led into the boot of the car. The other gunman, who had locked up Tinuke in a room, scurried into the car and they zoomed off. Tinuke kept banging the door and amidst tears, she screamed for help but the day had gone by for anyone to pass.

The room was dark, very dark, not even a ray of light could penetrate in. James was sat on a chair with his hands cunningly tied to it. With his head bowed, he drenched his cloth with his ceaseless tears. He tried all he could to get all the pictures of his loved ones from forming on his subconscious mind, but every attempt failed. The door opened, streams of light poured into the room, illuminating it. James quickly used his shoulders to mop the tears that trickled down his cheeks.

Bang! Colonel Mohammed slammed the door behind him. He brought out his lighter, puffed up fire to ignite the cigarette that rested in between his lips and still with the aid of the fire, he hit the switch on. The sound his shoe produced as it kissed the ground instilled fear into James.

“Oh my whiz kid, how are you?” The Colonel dragged a stool and sat in front of him.

“I want to go home Sir.” James cried out. “Please Sir, I’m begging.”

“You sure will go home only if you corporate with me.” The Colonel whistled some smoke out and smiled. “Your twin ran away with my cell phone and you have to help me get it back.”

“How would I do that?” James questioned, puzzled. “I haven’t seen him since our parents died and now my uncle...”

The Colonel reached for his handkerchief and wiped the tears that dribbled down from James’ eyes. “Cry no more son. I would help you get those behind the death of your parents.”

James eyes blazed in rage, “you’re a liar! You killed my parents and my uncle!”

“Just like your twin, very stubborn.” He grinned, stood to his feet and walked to the door. “See you soon son. Good night.”

“I hate you!”

“I love you.” He dropped his dwarfed cigarette, smiled and stepped on it.

The lights went off.

It all seemed like a dream to John that he could be outside the confinement of his house by that time of the day, 10:13 P.M. His strides were short but quick as he glided past every passing person whilst making extra efforts to conceal his visage. John, at last arrived at his destination, Dr Richard’s residence, but was startled as he met their door ajar.

“Hello? Anybody home?” He tiptoed in.

Help! John heard and ran in search of the voice. It wasn’t knotty to locate Tinuke because she didn’t cease to scream for what she wanted, help. John opened the door, Tinuke fell into his arms and wept bitterly. They took my mummy away, she kept resounding.

“Don’t worry, we’ll get her back.” John hugged her more tightly, even as tears dripped down his puffy eyes.

Bang! The door slammed.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: The Sim Card... by Nancydearie(f): 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
Welcome back Kigzpen,am glad u saved ur work on ur laptop/phone,that u didn't loose ur work to nairaland.Thank GOD for that.*Following*

1 Like

Re: The Sim Card... by SexySapphire(f): 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
It's a relief knowing dat u backed up ur files. Tnx for takin ur time to update dem all again. I expect to see more of u around now.

1 Like

Re: The Sim Card... by DEllaluv(f): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2014
Oga come continue o

tnx a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DREAM (ODEYA) - By Chidinma Jerry / Lohri Video Song Download HD | Happy Lohri Best Video, Mp3 Song 2015 / Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.