Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (33058 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie / Man Sues Chris Okotie For Owing Him 14 Years Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Donbabajayz(m): 7:01am On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Daniel6(m): 7:07am On Dec 05, 2013
clans:
probably what the supposed priest meant was that Jesus carried on like catholics do today.and please we dont do no rituals. what is wrong with you people. live and let live please.. just hush it!!!
live and lets live huh? I am so sure you don't study your Bible.you are no doubt lukewarm.
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2013
Okotie has f**ked up.He needs to apologize profusely privately or publicly to 1billion plus catholics. For those thinking this is a fight btw them and catholics,if they can attack the catholics,your own church will be too small when they attack you.Go figure. A real christian should not,will not attack another christian organization at this point of Boko Haram fight.What'll Okotie gain from this?
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by freshprince(m): 7:24am On Dec 05, 2013
On the last day our GOD will judge all
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Mikkyphaton: 7:37am On Dec 05, 2013
[quote author=Kamsy10][/quote] dont say wat u dont know!! U dont attend d church and u know little or notin. Just following gossips
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 05, 2013
Obascoetubi: u are proud to be occult too
Guy,u are funny o.
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 05, 2013
cbrass:

Honestly , all those incense you guys burn, the so called holy water, the occultic chants, the pennantsn then the worship of mary ..all this to me are rituals.. You need to give me enough bible verses to back this
In what way do these practises affect ur christianity. The Catholic church preach Christ, whats more
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 05, 2013
My advice to Pst Okotie is that he should desist from judging people or churches.
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Unclerukus: 8:25am On Dec 05, 2013
Lolz.i didnt expect this from okotie for the fact that he himself goes against the bible in his marriage life but truth be told all what he said was true(in my opinion though).how can catholics erect statues of mary at the back of their compounds,in the house or a small statue,pray to it and burn incense to pray with it?the last time i read my bible,thats idolatory and you dont ever pray to statues or anybody other than God or jesus christ not even angels to intercede on your behalf to God,it is forbidden in the bible and they rate mary(a mere mortal) higher than christ,that is adsurb.commit sins and head to confess to a priest to wash their sins,is he God?.sometimes i wonder what bible these catholics read because the doctrines and believe they practice are contradicting what the bible says.
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Librakid(f): 8:50am On Dec 05, 2013
Obascoetubi: CATHOLIC ARE NOT BORN AGAIN
THEY SMOKE/ALCOHOLISM
THEY BOW DOWN BEFORE MARY"S STATUS INSTEAD OF PRAY TO GOD DIRECTLY....bible says do not bown down to any thing and woship it in the earth
THEY COMMIT IMMORAL. ACT
THEY DONT PREACT ABOUT SALVATION

REMEMBER WHAT ONE FORMER DEVIL WOSHIPPER (EVANG. GRACE ONYEJAK) SAYS ABOUT CATHOLIC, she said any church that burning kindle is not a good church but evil church... she said catholic are woshipped queen amina in the sky claimed they are praying to God. read her book or listening her audio tape wit urself

wow wow wow.....lemme get dis straight! u mean only catholics drink,smoke or engage in immoral acts?
look here God has not made anybody judge over the catholics if u dnt believe in their doctrines, cool more over we all av freedom to worship. am just AMAZED at the degree and level of ignorance you portrayed. I av absolutely no right to judge Okotie or the catholics
Christianity is an individual race....pls go search ur heart before showing ur stupidity to the world! am a proud Catholic,go hug transformer

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Librakid(f): 8:50am On Dec 05, 2013
Obascoetubi: CATHOLIC ARE NOT BORN AGAIN
THEY SMOKE/ALCOHOLISM
THEY BOW DOWN BEFORE MARY"S STATUS INSTEAD OF PRAY TO GOD DIRECTLY....bible says do not bown down to any thing and woship it in the earth
THEY COMMIT IMMORAL. ACT
THEY DONT PREACT ABOUT SALVATION

REMEMBER WHAT ONE FORMER DEVIL WOSHIPPER (EVANG. GRACE ONYEJAK) SAYS ABOUT CATHOLIC, she said any church that burning kindle is not a good church but evil church... she said catholic are woshipped queen amina in the sky claimed they are praying to God. read her book or listening her audio tape wit urself

wow wow wow.....lemme get dis straight! u mean only catholics drink,smoke or engage in immoral acts?
look here God has not made anybody judge over the catholics if u dnt believe in their doctrines, cool more over we all av freedom to worship. am just AMAZED at the degree and level of ignorance you portrayed. I av absolutely no right to judge Okotie or the catholics
Christianity is an individual race....pls go search ur heart before showing ur stupidity to the world! am a proud Catholic,go hug transformer
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by bigdidi(m): 8:55am On Dec 05, 2013
cbrass:

Honestly , all those incense you guys burn, the so called holy water, the occultic chants, the pennantsn then the worship of mary ..all this to me are rituals.. You need to give me enough bible verses to back this
my brother wen u talk about de bible remember u guys're carrying de incomplete version of de Bible ask ur pastor he'll tell u dat it's only de Catholic dat uses de complete Bible (true) so de're contend in dos books martin Luther removed. (2) we honour Mary de same way u honour de Nigeria Anthem by standing still wen it's sung, de same way to hault wen de flag is Hoisted dos it mean we worship dos thing or kneeling to pray wit a Bible in ur hands dos it mean u worship de Bible? No church can be as Catholic as de Catholic oda dan de Catholic u get?
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by MAYOWAAK: 9:05am On Dec 05, 2013
seyi360: A fool says in his heart, there is no God.

And a delusional spends all his adult life worshiping a god that he never seen!So tell me who is fooling who?
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by MAYOWAAK: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2013
Gojebor:
common sense is common to those who have it.....one tin i hate is pple lik yu end up demanding to b prayed for @ death bed.

Provide proofs that the following people demanded to be prayed for at the point of death;

-Beko Ransome Kuti
-Steve Jobs
-Charles Darwin
-Albert Einstein
-Galileo Galiel etc
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Werehkpe: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2013
cbrass:

U guys r funny ooo. It just shows people hardly read their Bibles

READ
Matt 16:16: Talks about the origin and foundation of the Catholic church
Jn 2:1 : talks about the firs intercession of Mary
Rev 5:8: Talks about incense and praying to saints
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Werehkpe: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2013
miz Gene: 'you are Peter, on this rock I'll build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it....
No be today kiss
#teamcatholicforlife

Obviously many people dont read their Bibles but i will help you out here

MATT 16:16 says

16 Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar- Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."[/b]

From the above it is obvious the Key to Heaven was handed to Peter who ended up being the first Pope of the Catholic Church (u can check even wikipedia for this fact). By extension, it means the Popes have been handed the keys into Heaven. It also means that God gave power to the catholic church to bind and loose things both in Heaven and in hell

Why didnt Jesus say "you are Chris Okotie and upon this rock I will build my church?" Lets not get carried away by men saying God instructed them to found churches. All the reference we need is in the Bible. SO READDDDDDDDDDDD

Catholics DO NOT WORSHIP Mary. Thats a falacy and the height of ignorance to think this.

What Catholics do is to honour her as the mother of Jesus and by the existence of the Holy Trinity she is the mother of God.
Catholics also ask her to intercede for our prayers. this is logical and similar to the idea of talking to your friend to talk to his father who is a minister so you can get favoured and win a contract. Nothing wrong with this.

The first time such an intercession occured was at the wedding at Canaan when Jesus turned water into wine at the INTERCESSION of Mary.

About incense and prayer to the saints, read Revelation 5:8 And i quote

"And when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty- four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying"

If incense can be used in Heaven what stops us from using same on earth? Again, if praying to the saints is wrong, how is it possible that a GOLDEN BOWL OF INCENSE FULL WITH PRAYERS OF THE SAINTS is found in Heaven.

We need to really study the Bible like its a medical textbook and stop jumping on conclusions.

READ. Seek Jesus and you shall find Him. For the lazy ones will get deceived by fellow men

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2013
MAYOWAAK:

And a delusional spends all his adult life worshiping a god that he never seen!So tell me who is fooling who?

Bro just leave these people alone. You can't take away the fear of a hell fire from them with mere words.

Imagine the psychosis of being threatened and tormented with the fear of hell fire, fire and brimstone, devil's fork, torture, eternal peril, crying and gnashing of teeth, thirst and hunger etc. since you were a child. Bro that fear will live with you for the rest of your life.

So please let them be, they can't believe anything you say.
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Biafra91(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2013
clans:
who prays to the dead? we don't do that probably you are talking about the saints? and we only seek for their intercession

Plz I don't intend toJudge:
As Christians, we do not need saints to interceed for us. That's Christ's job as OUR HIGH PRIEST after the order of Melchisedec. The bible is clear on that(Hebrews 5:10-called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec... Hebrews 7:25-wherefore he is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing HE EVER LIVETH TO MAKE INTERCESSION FOR THEM.)

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.--
1 Timothy 2:5,6
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 05, 2013
If Christians fight corruption as aggressively as they fight themselves,Nigeria for don beta since.
Tell me why person go wan dey born again wen una wen be born again pple nor dey let trouble rest uh?
I attend CGMi,u attend A catholic church its d same God for Christ's sake!
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 05, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Cathoesim is a cult....they can't make heaven cos they re NOT bron again.....ow will u sin willfully and confess and think ure serving God.....go to d east and see the rate of sexual activity btw catholic igbo boys and esut girls...u go fear...and u will see then in mass...mass exodus to hades
Nna eh this your spelling sef..I dey fear o."Cathoeism",Bron again".Your English teacher must be so glad..Besides you didn't tell us if the esut girls are catholics or not...hmmm since you didn't mention it,they must be protestants or maybe Esut is now a religious group
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by tonywizman: 9:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Cathoesim is a cult....they can't make heaven cos they re NOT bron again.....ow will u sin willfully and confess and think ure serving God.....go to d east and see the rate of sexual activity btw catholic igbo boys and esut girls...u go fear...and u will see then in mass...mass exodus to hades
u ar just a big fool without brains,go ad sleep it is nt a must dat u must comment,so the church dat christ established wit his hand is a cult?u must be heading to hell willingly fool
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 05, 2013
A Notice to My Fellow Catholic Brothers and Sisters..The Protestants are out to get us..I've been following the religion section for a while and the bone of contention seems to be that we worship Mary and have statues which makes us idol worshippers..please stop trying to convince them..Silence is the best answer for a fool..Ignorance is bliss...stop drinking panadol for their headache..if they like let them rant and rave from today till infinity..I will not change the fact that you are a Catholic..unless your faith isn't strong..Stop the Arguments!!! I admire the fact that many here are trying to defend their faith,but...they won't understand..they will never understand..unless its by the grace of God..So please ignore them
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by cbrass(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2013
Wereh kpe:

U guys r funny ooo. It just shows people hardly read their Bibles

READ
Matt 16:16: Talks about the origin and foundation of the Catholic church
Jn 2:1 : talks about the firs intercession of Mary
Rev 5:8: Talks about incense and praying to saints

None of all the bible verses you quoted supported your claims...
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Abbamicheal(m): 10:39am On Dec 05, 2013
underscore: This outburst came after pastor Okotie of House Hold of God Church condemned catholics during his sermon last week. If you missed it, read it below:
And Okotie has now become God to pass the most beautiful judgement man is waiting for..........All Catholics will not even would go to hell......God save thy own people is my prayer.

''All Catholics in the world will go to hell because they worship Satan and are led by an Anti-Christ Pope who is a friend to the devil. They are not Christians and have never been. They don’t know Jesus. They believe that when they eat bread on Sundays, they are eating the body of Jesus. It’s ritual. The pope is an Anti-Christ and the Catholic church will soon declare for Satan. This is the end of times.They don’t believe in heaven. They believe in purgatory, the purgatory that they invented,” That church, the Catholic church has been there for Satan and at the right time, they will declare for Satan,”

He advised members of his church to come to the rescue of Catholics and evangelise them

http://trendysturvs..com/2013/12/toni-payne-blasts-chris-okotie-for.html
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by cbrass(m): 10:45am On Dec 05, 2013
Catholism started around 330AD so the catholic church wasn't the first church or are u tring to say that the christians in antioch were catholics??

The worship of mary started some 50years after the catholic church was formed so it wasn't in the original plan of the catholic church

We all know that it was the Roman soldier constantine that founded catholicm and not peter that you erroneously claim.

The catholic church from all indices is a strange organisation claiming to be christians but denying the power there in.

we all know how the priest sleeps with the nuns and even the pope isn't left out so why the hypocrisy

Repent now and be ye saved
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by realsuigeneris: 10:56am On Dec 05, 2013
I'v always likened the Catholics to Moslems : 1) Same repetition of Prayers 2) Same use of Chaplet while praying 3) Same timmimg of prayers by past events or weather 4) Same fanatical defence to their faith 5) Same erroneous belief that their religious leaders are above boards 6) Same aggressive nature while defending their faith.

2 Likes

Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by cbrass(m): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2013
realsui-generis:
I'v always likened the Catholics to Moslems : 1) Same repetition of Prayers 2) Same use of Chaplet while praying 3) Same timmimg of prayers by past events or weather 4) Same fanatical defence to their faith 5) Same erroneous belief that their religious leaders are above boards 6) Same aggressive nature while defending their faith.

I don't think I agree with number 6 cheesy
realsui-generis:

I don't think I agree with number 6
Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by Atmosfear: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2013
ChickRockz: A Notice to My Fellow Catholic Brothers and Sisters..The Protestants are out to get us..I've been following the religion section for a while and the bone of contention seems to be that we worship Mary and have statues which makes us idol worshippers..please stop trying to convince them..Silence is the best answer for a fool..Ignorance is bliss...stop drinking panadol for their headache..if they like let them rant and rave from today till infinity..I will not change the fact that you are a Catholic..unless your faith isn't strong..Stop the Arguments!!! I admire the fact that many here are trying to defend their faith,but...they won't understand..they will never understand..unless its by the grace of God..So please ignore them

Honour mary my ass. This is what I see idol worshippers/pagans do. This was how the catholics denied the heliocentric earth and jailed Galileo then apologised 350 years later! How you promote and enjoy ignorance in god's name!

Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by dinggle: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2013
In a country where pastors tell lies and throw christ under the bus to enrich themselves, Okotie came out tall speaking truth to the world, and a woman who couldn't hold down her marriage is blasting?? Nigeria where are those days when women of age who had no man wore the veil, hid from the crowd, only came out in the dead of the night and offered themselves to men older than their father as the 11th wife?
this woman needs an old man with weak bones to make her feel counted as a wife.

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by JesusG: 11:24am On Dec 05, 2013
philkul:

Abt praying to saints for intercesion please read Proverbs15:8, 15:19, Job 42:8, Mathew 16:19 ders a provision for dt in those verses.
philkul:

Abt praying to saints for intercesion please read Proverbs15:8, 15:19, Job 42:8, Mathew 16:19 ders a provision for dt in those verses.
guy how those passages relate now you self see am:
Job 42:8 KJV
Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.
Proverbs 15:19 KJV
The way of the slothful man is as an hedge of thorns: but the way of the righteous is made plain.
Proverbs 15:8 KJV
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord : but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
Matthew 16:19 KJV
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Please lets stop giving ourselfs issues. The 'righteous man ' / upright man is the guy alive not the dead man (Saint) same as jobs example. also the word translated 'saints' in th bible is same as 'God's holy people' see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by kambo(m): 11:32am On Dec 05, 2013
clans:
and God told the prophet Elijah to sprinkle salt on water so that the water may be made holy.... I suggest you get a book on the doctrines of the catholic church and by the way almost every church burns incense but the ish is what are they burning it for? and na only u sabi the one wey be occultic chants abi u belong ni? hope u aint talking about our Latin responses

in d new testament ur made holy by the blood of d lamb.
And ur quote is nothg but sophistry, God commanded a prophet to do something but didnt say that that one time command would become a law.
All those old testament rituals were pointg to christ. The killing of lambs etc all pointed to christ.
Moses throwg a tree into bitter waters to make it sweet, the raising of d bronze snake so all beaten isrealites cud look at it and live pointed to christ . CHRIST is referred to as the Desire of the Ages . When Christ appeared the old pointers had to be done away with, no more sacrificial lamb killing , etc. But catholicism being a perversion has to find some justification for its atrocities so tht the millions of people trapped in it cud b whisked religiously to Hell.
Wat about purgatory?
Praying to the dead , so called saints, when God says You,yes you nobody,socially improminent person,you Come boldly to d throne of Grace (not thru any bagger living or dead . Come as u are ).
But to control man you hav to put him under man, so satan sets up this system where u hav to pass thru man (living or dead) to get to God! U confess ur sins to a man (a priest) , you pray to a dead man or woman etc.
Its all a perversion. And thts one reason satan works to prevent u guys from knowg d truth- he blocks readg of d bible - because if most catholics were encouraged to read d word the scales wud fall from their eyes and they'll bind satan and his lies and live in d truth.
If u really want to know d truth, get out of satan's adulteration called catholicism. It's a an elaborate lie leading to Hell.
Like all other world religions tht deny the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" by kambo(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2013
clans:
and God told the prophet Elijah to sprinkle salt on water so that the water may be made holy.... I suggest you get a book on the doctrines of the catholic church and by the way almost every church burns incense but the ish is what are they burning it for? and na only u sabi the one wey be occultic chants abi u belong ni? hope u aint talking about our Latin responses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs / Rev. Father Collins Ekpe Dies Inside His Room In America. Photos / Pastor Adeboye's Message To The "Amen" Crew On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.