Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Somali Religion & Mythology - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Somali Religion & Mythology (26183 Views)

Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? / The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by macof(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Merely knowing they're my "ethnic beliefs" isn't enough to get me to actively start believing/practicing. It isn't enough. I, nonetheless, commend you for finding your way.

So it only works on polytheistic gods? I thought it was all about spirituality.

Can you elaborate on the bolded? Thanks.

you still don't understand a thing of what am saying...
Am sorry but it's very pitiful that you don't understand a thing from the idea of a people's culture relating to spirituality
You keep taking paganism like a religion that preaches faith or demands worship for it's God...why not seek the knowledge, obtain it and decide what you do with it?

One thing I can advice you is that in Paganism, knowledge is key, after that you step to understanding the myths and how it relates to reality

In comparing two deities, their tales and scriptures are studied and understood...if they share the same personality then of course they are one and the same spirit...jst explained in different myths
Can you say Allah and Sango have the same personality? I doubt that..but if anyone can, then there's no problem

African education...education based on African knowledge and culture

2 Likes

Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by axum: 3:47am On Jan 25, 2015
embarassed cool
macof:

Am sorry but it's very pitiful that you don't understand a thing from the idea of a people's culture relating to spirituality
You keep taking paganism like a religion that preaches faith or demands worship for it's God...why not seek the knowledge, obtain it and decide what you do with it?

One thing I can advice you is that in Paganism, knowledge is key, after that you step to understanding the myths and how it relates to reality

In comparing two deities, their tales and scriptures are studied and understood...if they share the same personality then of course they are one and the same spirit...jst explained in different myths
Can you say Allah and Sango have the same personality? I doubt that..but if anyone can, then there's no problem

Your African Education got your people enslaved by every race on earth.
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by barwaaqo: 4:38am On Jan 25, 2015
axum:
embarassed cool

The worse thing it did was give abilities to men who were undeserving.
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by axum: 4:40am On Jan 25, 2015
barwaaqo:

The worse thing it did was give abilities to men who were undeserving.

Go die slow. You Stockholm syndrome suffering bantu.
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by macof(m): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
axum:
embarassed cool

Am I to take a Somali mental slave serious

1 Like

Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
macof:

Macof, pay the troll no mind.

Paganism is a belief system. Religion. If you disagree, help me understand what you're trying to say in bold. Teach, if you will. Knowledge is meant to be shared.
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by macof(m): 11:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Macof, pay the troll no mind.

Paganism is a belief system. Religion. If you disagree, help me understand what you're trying to say in bold. Teach, if you will. Knowledge is meant to be shared.

Well some might say paganism is a religion but it really depends on perspective nd ur understanding of the concepts...many people these days separate spirituality from religion

Religion by definition is the belief and subsequent worship of a supernatural being..eg. A God like Jehovah
Paganism is nt jst about belief in the spiritual but so much more...it's the result of the attitude and mentality of a people...the way they think, what they think and how they act upon their thoughts and philosophies, this produces Culture, traditions, language and spirituality
Now the issue is of spirituality and it's difference with popular religion

I told u before that spirituality in Paganism has to deal with learning the myths, understanding them and decoding them.because they all thoughts of the ancients in relation with the natural world around us...there's no supernatural in paganism, Nature is the Spirits themselves, that's why you can call pagans Pantheist or Animist
Unlike religion, where it's all about "worship the God we preach"...pagans ultimately look to nature

So like I said...calling paganism a religion...or a collection of many religions is a thing of individual perspective.
But I rather not
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by Nobody: 3:02am On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

Well some might say paganism is a religion but it really depends on perspective nd ur understanding of the concepts...many people these days separate spirituality from religion

Religion by definition is the belief and subsequent worship of a supernatural being..eg. A God like Jehovah
Paganism is nt jst about belief in the spiritual but so much more...it's the result of the attitude and mentality of a people...the way they think, what they think and how they act upon their thoughts and philosophies, this produces Culture, traditions, language and spirituality
Now the issue is of spirituality and it's difference with popular religion

This is reminiscent of how Muslims, and peoples of certain other faiths refer to their religion as a 'way of life'.

I told u before that spirituality in Paganism has to deal with learning the myths, understanding them and decoding them.because they all thoughts of the ancients in relation with the natural world around us...there's no supernatural in paganism, Nature is the Spirits themselves, that's why you can call pagans Pantheist or Animist
Unlike religion, where it's all about "worship the God we preach"...pagans ultimately look to nature

In the same way religious people decode, and study their various holy texts/myths, no? Although, I think it's interesting that you outrightly refer to it as 'myth'. Why?

Interesting @ underlined...

So like I said...calling paganism a religion...or a collection of many religions is a thing of individual perspective.
But I rather not

OK.
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by macof(m): 7:34am On Jan 26, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

This is reminiscent of how Muslims, and peoples of certain other faiths refer to their religion as a 'way of life'.

In the same way religious people decode, and study their various holy texts/myths, no? Although, I think it's interesting that you outrightly refer to it as 'myth'. Why?

Interesting @ underlined...

OK.

Lol it's not an argument, if you feel comfortable calling paganism a religion good for you
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

Lol it's not an argument, if you feel comfortable calling paganism a religion good for you

Ok.
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by RoyalPearl(f): 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

Thank you my darling, you are so sweet and beautiful kiss kiss kiss kiss
lol am so happy my darling I could give you a foot massage(massage you with my feet tongue) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by Fulaman198(m): 1:59am On Jan 28, 2015
RoyalPearl:
lol am so happy my darling I could give you a foot massage(massage you with my feet tongue) cheesy

Is that you Royal? Loll I hope I'm not seeing things if you did, I would love that cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked kiss kiss kiss kiss

I bet you have very beautiful feet too. Your pictures of you looked like a Super model. The thought of your feet with me makes me think very kinky things sorry grin
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by ArtanK(m): 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
Either my posts were all deleted or there is a similar thread somewhere...

Found it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1536188/where-black-people-come-adam/2#19972627

These guys are desperate.
Re: Somali Religion & Mythology by barwaaqo: 12:53am On Feb 16, 2015
Another worship of Eebe this sunday has me feeling good and great smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Clergyman Sells Holy Water On The Streets Of Lagos To Make People 'Rich' (Video) / MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem / What If All These Things Are Really True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.