Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow (29528 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / How Many Units Of Block Will Be Needed To Build A Standard 3 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2013
Hmmm... Thanks. It means a lot.
Jarus:

I started mine when I was earning 163k per month...and I'm not even one of the most financially disciplined person you can think of.
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by WebSurfer(m): 11:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Jarus:

I started mine when I was earning 163k per month...and I'm not even one of the most financially disciplined person you can think of.
cool
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by filcast(m): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Jarus:

good to know. Pls advise me on how to achieve this. My friend suggested moulding blocks and storing, buying bags of cement etc. He opined that storing such visible materials encourages and motivates the individual as stored cash can be diverted to other things when pressure mounts.
What approach do you advise low income earners aside saving cash?
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
filcast:
good to know. Pls advise me on how to achieve this. My friend suggested moulding blocks and storing, buying bags of cement etc. He opined that storing such visible materials encourages and motivates the individual as stored cash can be diverted to other things when pressure mounts.
What approach do you advise low income earners aside saving cash?

I also advise against saving cash. You may save for a couple of months to be able to buy land. Once you have land, get a good architect for a decent plan (which costs less than 100k, did mine 50k in 2009), put the plan beside your bed, so that when you want to go to bed almost every night, take it and look at teh house on paper, it will motivate you; start by committing 50-80k from your salary to it every month. It will interest you to know that 50k will buy 300 blocks. In months you have some other commitment, no problem in leaving it for that month. Before you know it, within 2 years or even less, you will have a house of your own.

3 Likes

Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
Jarus:

I also advise against saving cash. You may save for a couple of months to be able to buy land. Once you have land, get a good architect for a decent plan (which costs less than 100k, did mine 50k in 2009), put the plan beside your bed, so that when you want to go to bed almost every night, take it and look at teh house on paper, it will motivate you; start by committing 50-80k from your salary to it every month. It will interest you to know that 50k will buy 300 blocks. In months you have some other commitment, no problem in leaving it for that month. Before you know it, within 2 years or even less, you will have a house of your own.

you are correct man.
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by optimistD(m): 5:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
if you have a land and steady income, just start building. If building is my priority i would have gotten one because i have experience from the one my younger one just built. But try as much as you can to avoid waste ans excesses by being part of the supervision. If you are a busy type, you can schedule it to be during your leave period. you can raise a three or four bedroom bungalow to roofing level in two weeks if the cash is readily available. give the roofing to a pro when you are ready.
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Just passing, who is in da house?
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by filcast(m): 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
What is the average cost of preparatory activities such as Surveying and Architecture/plan?
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by WebSurfer(m): 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
did survey 60k, cant say for architeturer as mine was done much cheaper for the fact he was my buddy
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by WebSurfer(m): 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
work has been in progress as block work is almost completed. posting pictures soon
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by WebSurfer(m): 11:21am On Dec 17, 2014
Finally through with this project...
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by ArcSaraphizzy: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
Greetings Sir/Ma

To whom it may concern,

LETTER OF INTRODUCTION

We have the pleasure of introducing our company BK Designs to you.
We offer unique ideas and concepts in Architectural and Building designs, interior design, urban planning and construction
We have a good reputation built over time in the architectural and building sectors of nigeria with adequate job references to prove our position.
We therefore seek invitation to present our package which we are sure will be of interest to you.
Thank you as we look forward to good business relationship with you

Your faithfully
BELLO Adewale

CEO: For BK Designs
Pin: 2BC9ECEA

Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by fabulous85: 3:58am On Jul 02, 2016
nice
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by cuddling44(f): 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jarus:

Hello jarus... av always been viewing ur topics and contributions on d properties section.... pls am from ilorin but based in lagos..... I tend doing building my house someday... so i went to ilorin (cutting my coat accordingly to d material) an agent offers me labds of 50k, 100k, 130k.... pls wat do i need to no when buying land in ilorin since i don't live in ilorin.
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
cuddling44:

Hello jarus... av always been viewing ur topics and contributions on d properties section.... pls am from ilorin but based in lagos..... I tend doing building my house someday... so i went to ilorin (cutting my coat accordingly to d material) an agent offers me labds of 50k, 100k, 130k.... pls wat do i need to no when buying land in ilorin since i don't live in ilorin.

1. Not sure you can get a land of less than N250k in Ilorin. So be careful.

2. You don't live in Ilorin but do you have close family member there? It is very difficult to buy land by relying just on agent in a town you don't live. You need a relative on ground to test some things.

1 Like

Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by MATP: 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jarus:

2. You don't live in Ilorin but do you have close family member there? It is very difficult to buy land by relying just on agent in a town you don't live. You need a relative on ground to test some things.

yeah..as for Ilorin I don't think u can get any land at that rate but may get outside Ilorin, in places like Eyekorin, Gamon, Amoyo and other nearby villages
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by cuddling44(f): 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jarus:

Thank u sir..... my father is from but i was born in lagos.. haven been home ever.... my dad is late now, we are from ajia family. But i don't want to involve dem plus i don't even no any of dem.. I only got hint dat our house is close to oja gboroooo.
Pls if i even get d 250k... wat do u think i should do to avoid story dat touches. Cos am not building now just want to secure it pending like next 10years... I will be loaded. I dream of living in ilorin after making it in Lagos. grin
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by cuddling44(f): 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2020
MATP:
yeah..as for Ilorin I don't think u can get any land at that rate but may get outside Ilorin, in places like Eyekorin, Gamon, Amoyo and other nearby villages
Thank u .... is dat ur contact on ur signature... can i chat u up on WhatsApp
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 07, 2020
cuddling44:

Thank u sir..... my father is from but i was born in lagos.. haven been home ever.... my dad is late now, we are from ajia family. But i don't want to involve dem plus i don't even no any of dem.. I only got hint dat our house is close to oja gboroooo.
Pls if i even get d 250k... wat do u think i should do to avoid story dat touches. Cos am not building now just want to secure it pending like next 10years... I will be loaded. I dream of living in ilorin after making it in Lagos. grin

We can talk offline jarushub gmail dot com
Re: Building A Standard 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Carmal90(m): 8:56am On Apr 07, 2020
MATP:

Yes sir, will be glad if you can link me with people selling land in ganmo or amayo for 250k
Regards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

E-Mansion (Re-screeding & Painting) Pictures / Lekki Gardens Finishings. / Top 4 Most Affordable Areas To Live In The Lagos Mainland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.