Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies (37144 Views)

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter / Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff / Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by kb9iice: 6:05am On Dec 07, 2013
despite all d money they r realizing on us tru their fucking shit tariff evryhr n evryday,it is only our govt that can rescue workers on dis kind of issue.wia is d so called NCC n NLC even d ministry of labour n work?perhaps they r not aware,u guys get close to dem may they can b of help..........feel sorry for u guys
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by lebienconnu: 6:05am On Dec 07, 2013
it is pitiable dismal pismal. it regretably lugubrious that a country that is blessed with oil, a country that is blessed with human resources, because of mismanagement, because of clueless cluelessness, because of shoeless shoelessness and because of planless planlessness a vast majority of nigerians still continue to facilitate between exhorbitant enthusiasm and irrational irritability while the microscopic few that have piloted the affair of this nation live in peasantly luxury and suspensary solititude
..........igodimigodo of Benin, honorable patrick obahiagbon

2 Likes

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by kwameeez: 6:08am On Dec 07, 2013
@ Op, I work for Huawei too and most of the things you stated in your write up are facts. It is so disheartening that these chinese are beginning to take us as slaves in our land with the new WFM tracking system. Plz, contact/sms me on 08097515192
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by okechukwu3: 6:29am On Dec 07, 2013
Just observing, following the links
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by nairaxchan: 6:42am On Dec 07, 2013
I hope something is done about this post and this issue is taken up, or we take the alternative- boycott their products
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 07, 2013
emmysam2:
Really, we have to put all the blame on the door steps of our Regulatory Bodies. They are the causes of the inhumane treatment of their fellow countrymen by these arrogant indians. Ironically, the same Regulatory Bodies that are supposed to enforce Regulative laws to protect thier indigenes are the same people who sell them out to these Indians for selfish motives.
Most of these Indian working in Nigeria as experts are actually laymen and fresh graduates.
I onced worked for an Indian oil servicing firm. During my interview, we had agreed to amount i will be paid. I was told to resume and my appointment letter will be given to me and other things regularized as soon as possible. To this i complied. They kept making excuses regarding my appointment letter. I worked for 2months without pay and without appointment letter. At a point, I had to go and ask the stupid Indian woman who runs the company as the MD for my salary and Appointment letter. She then told me they dont give appointment letter to staff there and i will be paid half the salary we agreed on monthly ( i either take it or leave it). I shouted and abused her, I almost slapped her. Do i look like am desperate for peanut salary? I told her i wont collect the pay and i will rather leave and save my face than lose my integrity and accept that salary. I guess she had in the past made such threat and have people succumbed and accept her condition... That wasnt going to happen with me. I stopped working there. She sent people to call me back that she will increase her offer. i didnt bother.
The problem with many Nigerian workers is that they are willing to accept anything. To many of them '' half bread is better than none''.
Until Nigerian workers learn to stand up and call the bluff of these arrogant indians and lebanese, thing will continue to be this way. Please stand up to your rights... You shouldnt be enslaved in your own country by foreigners !!! I pity anyone working for indians.

God bless you. I don't work for no damn Indian but if I get screwed over by an Indian, lord have mercy. I ll beat the sh..it out of erm nd f..c..ucking leave.

Infact I was once appointed by my coy to carry out servicing for a firm being run by an Indian. Initially the lady kept me working till late hrs.

I refused to go back there again. She called my coy nd asked them to help apologise to me. When I chose to return, she sent her driver to pick me nd drop me everyday till I was done with them.

If dem see crase dem dey no.

It is Nigerians that kiss dia assssses. If you hear when dis woman insults her Nigerian secretary , u ll weep.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by sanandreas(m): 6:59am On Dec 07, 2013
Chinese national petroleun corporation (CNPC). such a bad coy to work with. The working condition is bizarre. I remember 2004, i see my dad once in three months. His monthly salary as a nurse was 27,756 naira. He works straight 3 months and get 12 days time off. He feed himself. Imagine my dad have to carry stove to work. my father could not mould a block with all the years he spent with the coy. while his frdz who are working with Agip, CGG, Petrobras were building houses and buying cars. Their salary was over 300,000 as @ then. SAY NO TO CHINESE MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Onegai(f): 7:04am On Dec 07, 2013
So, what can we do to fight this? Nigerians, stop suffering and smiling, THEY need us to buy their products and services so we can hurt them. Please people come up with a plan that we can take public and fight for us. I'll support this anyway I can.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by GetGuide: 7:12am On Dec 07, 2013
sorry oo op

I pray that one day Nigeria will be a better place for us to live
Amenhttp://www.nairaland.com/1489113/grade-5as-original-brazilian-peruvian
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by newmaonza: 7:15am On Dec 07, 2013
sanandreas: Chinese national petroleun corporation (CNPC). such a bad coy to work with. The working condition is bizarre. I remember 2004, i see my dad once in three months. His monthly salary as a nurse was 27,756 naira. He works straight 3 months and get 12 days time off. He feed himself. Imagine my dad have to carry stove to work. my father could not mould a block with all the years he spent with the coy. while his frdz who are working with Agip, CGG, Petrobras were building houses and buying cars. Their salary was over 300,000 as @ then. SAY NO TO CHINESE MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Bros, dem don enter oil industry,men wahala dey o!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can bet u they would soon chase agip and co away, the way they chased alcatel and siemens away.... this is a warning to pengassan and oil workers, if u want to safe guard ur huge salaries say no to the Chinese

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by ridgeman: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2013
OP now take your case to court. Find a lawyer, and sue for better working conditions. You have named others (with or without their consent ) and maybe slandered others but you chose to leave your details out?
Do the right thing, pursue the right course for addressing this treatment and leave out the threats and name calling.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by puffpuff: 7:43am On Dec 07, 2013
The truth is nobody will fight 4u. The NLC,NCC and the rest will only lead you to more trouble. The best you can do here is to employ moral suasion approach such as dialogue,negotiation and passionate appeal for better pay and working conditions.
This is how it all started at MTN Jos Call Centre. Some staff cried to NLC,NCC,NUPTE,state govt,national assembly,civil societies and the media for help against inhumane treatment melted on them by the outsourced company,CNSSL. Initially, they responded well and this increased d staff hope that a positive change was around the corner. Midway, the so-called supporters especially NLC left d staff at the mercy of the company(I guess money has exchanged hands).The company boldly sacked 1700 in one day and nothing happened. I must let u know that hundreds of these staff are yet to get another job. It is almost two year now.
Morals of my epistle
1. Nobody is ready to fight 4u except their pocket
2. Never be too aggressive but diplomatic
3. Jobs outside there is not easy to come by except thru d grace of God
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 07, 2013
The worst place to work is huawei, i work with them for more than 3 years as a microwave transmission engr, you are made to travel almost every day to the core north where they are crisis, you dont have any time for your family always away from home for more than 5month, you are made to travel at night in other to meet up with transmission work and if you don't, you are given a bad grade, and bad grade reduces your salary all this must be put to a stop, because we nigerians aren't slaves, we have our own right to work and to be treated in a good manner, that is just one of the problems we have with outsourcing work, huawei outsource staff are just like slaves, something must be done about this on time, just that i don't know who to report to, i would have taken up a personal case with them.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by cashkid: 8:04am On Dec 07, 2013
it has bn proved beyond reasonable doubt that these indians and chinese are taking undue advantage of nigerians with all the experiences contributed here. pls lets start dishing in the way forward, we cnt continue like this in our own country, why cant we stand up and fight for what rightly belong to us. why shld we be treated like slaves in our own country? even wen we go to their country, we are always treated as a slave, so where do we belong? dont we have the right as a citizen of our own country? do we have to continue like dis?please let us find a way out, depending on our leaders to fight for us will bring ntin but a bigger pain, our destiny is in our own hands.Who knows, this MAY mark the end of CHINESE AND INDIAN EXTORTION IN OUR OWN LAND.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by bootlegaz: 8:05am On Dec 07, 2013
This is what you get for working for Chinese firms. Compare their staff with that of Microsoft. ....Yankee is still the place to be and work. grin grin
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by stankezzy: 8:30am On Dec 07, 2013
Godson32: Sorry for ill treatment but 48hrs a week is not bad,I work on site,we work 11hrs a day including saturday & sundays,total for the week is 77hrs,if u complained to the management they will tell u that if u resign,many people are waiting to take ur job...there is no work anywhere,although I pray for improve condition of work. Just take heart,hope for the best.
ya ,i have now rememberd you.we worked on the same building SITE together.you were offloading cements while ,i was d carpenter.do nt decieve dem oo! tell dem d type of site u mean.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 07, 2013
kb9iice: despite all d money they r realizing on us tru their fucking shit tariff evryhr n evryday,it is only our govt that can rescue workers on dis kind of issue.wia is d so called NCC n NLC even d ministry of labour n work?perhaps they r not aware,u guys get close to dem may they can b of help..........feel sorry for u guys
NCC, ministry of labour and NLC have all demanded and collected huge egunje from this cooperations, hence they can afford to treat their employees as sh*t. Welcome to naija where all government agencies are mega corrupt. CBN inclusive, i know very much about the banking sector.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by goodnature: 9:22am On Dec 07, 2013
Huawei
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Racade(m): 9:26am On Dec 07, 2013
May God save us from d hands of these indian/chinese employers!
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by yhellow(m): 9:27am On Dec 07, 2013
Is true, ds is d worst company some1 can ever think of working in ds country. U work on public Holiday and sundays without allowance. They expect u 2sustain a site with 500ltrs Diesel without hybrid or a good backup. If their site goes down by 1am they expect u 2go 2d site. Government need 2solve d issue of casual worker. May God help ds country

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Raxxye(m): 9:41am On Dec 07, 2013
sanandreas: Chinese national petroleun corporation (CNPC). such a bad coy to work with. The working condition is bizarre. I remember 2004, i see my dad once in three months. His monthly salary as a nurse was 27,756 naira. He works straight 3 months and get 12 days time off. He feed himself. Imagine my dad have to carry stove to work. my father could not mould a block with all the years he spent with the coy. while his frdz who are working with Agip, CGG, Petrobras were building houses and buying cars. Their salary was over 300,000 as @ then. SAY NO TO CHINESE MODERN DAY SLAVERY

What you are saying about CNPP is true. My friend got an offer there early last year, but refused it(even though he was jobless) because of the gruelling work condition he saw the staff pass through. He felt he might die within a month if he accepted the offer and stayed. Their site was in one riverine area in Ondo State. 3 months on and 12 days off. They eat their own food and drink their own water while at work. They pay their own transport when going on the 12 days off(to and fro), plus their terrible living condition while at work, plus lots of other ill-treatments! Those Chinese guys are devils!
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Raxxye(m): 9:42am On Dec 07, 2013

What you are saying about CNPC is true. My friend got an offer there early last year, but refused it(even though he was jobless) because of the gruelling work condition he saw the staff pass through. He felt he might die within a month if he accepted the offer and stayed. Their site was in one riverine area in Ondo State. 3 months on and 12 days off. They eat their own food and drink their own water while at work. They pay their own transport when going on the 12 days off(to and fro), plus their terrible living condition while at work, plus lots of other ill-treatments! Those Chinese guys are devils!
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Reference(m): 10:02am On Dec 07, 2013
Godson32: Sorry for ill treatment but 48hrs a week is not bad,I work on site,we work 11hrs a day including saturday & sundays,total for the week is 77hrs,if u complained to the management they will tell u that if u resign,many people are waiting to take ur job...there is no work anywhere,although I pray for improve condition of work. Just take heart,hope for the best.

I just don't get it. You work 48 hours a week. That is paltry. No wonder the networks are so bad. And I spend my weekends working and most public (government) holidays. Pally stop complaining. If you want to work less join the civil service but if you want more work start your own business and be the boss you dislike so much, even 24 hours a day, seven days a week won't be enough. This is a depressed economy, we don't make anything in this country. Why won't wages be low and hours long.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Reference(m): 10:05am On Dec 07, 2013
Raxxye:

What you are saying about CNPC is true. My friend got an offer there early last year, but refused it(even though he was jobless) because of the gruelling work condition he saw the staff pass through. He felt he might die within a month if he accepted the offer and stayed. Their site was in one riverine area in Ondo State. 3 months on and 12 days off. They eat their own food and drink their own water while at work. They pay their own transport when going on the 12 days off(to and fro), plus their terrible living condition while at work, plus lots of other ill-treatments! Those Chinese guys are devils!

Then stay at home with mummy and let the devils build your infrastructure for you.

Oh. The Americans are imperialists, the British are snobbish, French are racists, Indians are slave drivers, Koreans are cunny, Lebanese are frauds, Chinese are devils, South Africans are monopolists. Ghanians are..... Abeg where is the world map. 200 countries left, not enough geo-tags....

And Nigerians are what na??

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by papushki(m): 10:30am On Dec 07, 2013
articulate2013: Hello House,

I just got this mail that has been circulating within quarters at Huawei Technologies.
Kindly read through and express your view.

Thanks

Subject: ILL TREATMENT OF HUAWEI OUTSOURCED STAFF

Dear Sirs,
This is to bring to your notice the terrible attitude of Huawei
Technologies Company management in Nigeria towards their staff, especially
on the Airtel Managed Service.
There is a limit to which every human being can be pushed before he
pushes back. We have been pushed to that point and now we will push back
hard, so hard that it will result to a diplomatic issue.
We will list some of our reasons for vexing and hope the well meaning
people, that are still uncontaminated within the management level will take
this up.
Why should Huawei give an FME forty sites to maintain? This sites include
Airtel, Etisalat, MTN and Visafone. How do they expect the FME to be
efficient? We are also certain that the Customers are not aware about this.
This engineers work round the clock, without any form of incentive, risking
their lives even at night for a company that shows no sympathy. Many have
died on duty without any form of compensation. Today we say enough is
enough!
Early this year, the FMEs were FORCED to buy smart phones from Huawei
Technologies (a company we supposedly work for) through the (Huawei owned)
outsourced companies namely Rutotech, Lighting Networks and Qualiserve.
The cost of these phones were deducted from our salaries. Which kind of
company does that?
The worst of the victims are the Airtel NOC staff. The working conditions
are so poor that a seven months old baby was forced out of her mother's
womb prematurely (Her name is Fortune Longjohn). We work for forty eight
hours (48hrs) a week which is against Nigerian Labor Law, yet we do not get
any shift allowance. Like Mr Sunil Gupta (an indian) has boasted in the
past that the Nigerian Labour is on Huawei's payroll. Soon, we will find
out how true it is.
Some of the staff have worked for almost 3years and earn less than those
who have worked for just few months. The salary you earn in the NOC is
based on the "connection" you have. Imagine someone earns N100,000, while
another earns N300,000 doing the same job - Injustice!
One of the worst management "racist" decision is replacing Mr. Francis
Agbodike (a seasoned profession with vast international experience) with
the likes of R.S Tomar and Anicho Ogbonnaya. These two men, Tomar and
Anicho are far from being professionals, they take on personal vendetta on
staff, they know little or nothing about the job. It was only Agbodike that
brought Airtel Network outage to a single digit count. But because he is
outspoken against the injustice in the NOC, he was booted out.
Mr Tomar has once said that even if we do not want to work, there is a long
queue of people willing to take our jobs for a smaller salary. This
statement is highly demoralizing for people who give their lives to the
network. We work on a 48hr shift per week, public holidays and weekends
still yet we are not appreciated.

We are therefore calling on Airtel Nigeria Management to look into the
matter. We are not happy and will not want to seek the option of sabotaging
the network. We can and will choose that course of protest if this ill
treatment continues.

Also We are calling on the Huwei Management in China, The CEO Guo Ping, The
Founder Ren Zhengfei and Chairwoman - board of directors Sun Yafang. Please
call to order your staff in Nigeria.

We are also calling to the Chinese High Commission in Nigeria to use your
good office to bring sanity into this injustice.

We are also calling on the Nigeria Labour Congress, you have been accused
of gross corruption, this is the time to salvage yourself and rescue your
people from modern slavery in Huawei Technologies.

Finally We call on Mr Tony Ojobo, Director Public Affairs of the NCC and
Dr. Eugene Juwah the Executive Vice Chairman of the NCC. Huawei
Technologies should be investigated and then properly regulated.

We do not believe in violence, but if this issues are not addressed soon,
we might have to bring down the network. AND THIS IS NOT AN EMPTY THREAT.
Thank You.

Dignity Of Labour In Nigeria

Its a sad development n a sadder one as individuals or establishment u ve mentioned would not come to your rescue.
As a former staff of a telecom dat has had numerous owners, it is no surprise to know wat u re going tru. If u can recall back in 2012 october over 1000 staffs voluntarily resigned their employment cos they could no more take d conditions of service and d treatment melted to them so the opted to take d little compensation. Am afraid d situation will present itself soon to u guys, my advice is start looking and praying for sometin else cos they will neva improve as they know that there are so many pple looking for jobs who are willing to collect far less than wat u take.
I resigned n left my faith in God's hand n am blessed as I just got a beta and promising job afta 11 months at home searching.
My advice is do wat is fine by u but put ur worries in d Lord's hand as he will definitely not lead u astray.

Good luck and God bless as we seriously need it to survive in dis country
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Otuabaroku: 10:40am On Dec 07, 2013
Reference:

I just don't get it. You work 48 hours a week. That is paltry. No wonder the networks are so bad. And I spend my weekends working and most public (government) holidays. Pally stop complaining. If you want to work less join the civil service but if you want more work start your own business and be the boss you dislike so much, even 24 hours a day, seven days a week won't be enough. This is a depressed economy, we don't make anything in this country. Why won't wages be low and hours long.

I don't know what you are insinuating. Woking a million hours weekly should not be the focus. Rather working smart and efficiently should be.

The company I currently work with, I work 37.5hrs a week. We are generally well remunerated. One of the best in the industry. What do we do in return;we always strive for safe development and strive to deliver quality consistently. Consequently, our company has consistently become global leader in our sector.

When you have happy employee, you have quality product( note the emphasis quality not quantity) and in return more business and more profit.

So tell me the one you choose from the two options.

2 Likes

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by articulate2013: 10:44am On Dec 07, 2013
Reference:

It is obvious from your comments above that you really don't know what is obtainable in the Telecomms industry. Please kindly do a Background check into issues before making comments.

Working 48hrs/week in Telecomms means you run a 24/7 shift, and you work all year round (you work day/night, no public hols, no breaks, strikes don't affect you, no festive holidays)

What the Staff are basically asking for is for Huawei Technologies ( a Global Brand) to adopt a Worldwide acceptable Best Practices in the treatment of their Staff.

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by 5megabyte: 10:45am On Dec 07, 2013
The posters english is poor and I hope u have assesed ursef objectively?
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by sanandreas(m): 10:58am On Dec 07, 2013
Raxxye:

What you are saying about CNPP is true. My friend got an offer there early last year, but refused it(even though he was jobless) because of the gruelling work condition he saw the staff pass through. He felt he might die within a month if he accepted the offer and stayed. Their site was in one riverine area in Ondo State. 3 months on and 12 days off. They eat their own food and drink their own water while at work. They pay their own transport when going on the 12 days off(to and fro), plus their terrible living condition while at work, plus lots of other ill-treatments! Those Chinese guys are devils!

yes o my broda. Thank God today my dad works with a better coy. though a casual staff but good working condition and better pay. Less stress too.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Raxxye(m): 11:21am On Dec 07, 2013
Reference:

Then stay at home with mummy and let the devils build your infrastructure for you.

Oh. The Americans are imperialists, the British are snobbish, French are racists, Indians are slave drivers, Koreans are cunny, Lebanese are frauds, Chinese are devils, South Africans are monopolists. Ghanians are..... Abeg where is the world map. 200 countries left, not enough geo-tags....

And Nigerians are what na??
Shut up, young man, if you don't understand what is being talked about here! Your comments here show that you are clueless on the issue that is being discussed.
We are talking about ill treatment of workers. Someone said his/her father even had to go offshore with a kerosene stove to help him cook, whereas he works in an oil-servicing company(CNPC) which rakes in millions of dollars as profit, and I confirmed it because of my friend's own experience!
Another person said a foreign IT student was paid higher than qualified and experienced
Nigerian workers in some organization. Others said they are working long hours without commensurate remuneration.
We are putting our voices together to see if we can ameliorate the sufferings of people who are being enslaved in the name of employment, and you are spewing trash!
Some of the companies which are now paying their staff well were once like that until people raised their voices and the situations gradually changed to what it is now!
If you must post, try to be reasonable!
I wouldn't know if you are Chinese or one of their paid agents;I know they can't perpetrate their evils without Nigerian collaborators!

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by papushki(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
Reference:

Pls be informed dat dis same issue resulted to protests and riots in 2 african countries that one of dis telecom in naija operates in as well.
If u are dat enlightened and I hope u are u will notice recently riots around d world due to inhumane working conditions melted to workers. So its a global tin which needs to be looked into by our govt.
In Ghana , Airtel could not employ staffs on contract basis cos d govt refused why can't our govt protect its workforce.

Work smart not hard maybe u would not spend all ur weekends and holidays working
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by howfarwhatagwan: 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
I hope this gets to the right authority and something is done. NLC is a farce and non-existent as far as I'm concerned. No offense but Lawyers/judges in Nigeria I don't understand why you go to law school pay so much money and no impact from you guys all you people know how to do is to draw up ambiguous contracts with some useless clauses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment / What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.