Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price (12416 Views)

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. / I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Tolexander: 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
When i posted the list of a bride price from a family friend in April, many people didn't believe. But it was real and wasn't joking.
https://www.nairaland.com/1258549/imagine-requesting-laptop-part-bride

Wonder, they say shall never cease ending.
Just saw a list from our inlaw to be this afternoon containing the bride price, thought it is going to be the normal traditional bride price being requested from the family of their future son-in-law.

When i viewed the list, the price aren't that many but what gave me the utmost surprise is the presence of an hp laptop and it was written before it in bracket that the brand of hp laptop presented will determine the value we place on their daughter.

What so much suprises me is that life is getting much of technology, should our culture also be allowed to go technological cos i don't understand why our cultural status quo can't be retained.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by bigtt76(f): 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
Better ..like say e ask for BB Z10 wey know where to begin complain kpeleeee I hope he didn't quote iCore Sometin? grin
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Tolexander: 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
bigtt76: Better ..like say e ask for BB Z10 wey know where to begin complain kpeleeee I hope he didn't quote iCore Sometin? grin
even if it's samsung galaxy note 3. Getting it isn't the problem. My concern is what is the culture turning to.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Adeoba10(m): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Tell your Uncle to also buy her modem, or else she might file a divorce case d 4lowing week after marriage bcus of dat
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Tolexander: 4:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Adeoba10: Tell your Uncle to also buy her modem, or else she might file a divorce case d 4lowing week after marriage bcus of dat
ha ha!
Shey na browsing dem wan take their honeymoon do ni abi.
Well, dem fit use am to download porrn to sweeten the honeymoon.
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by LMAyedun(m): 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Na wah oh!!!

Adeoba10: Tell your Uncle to also buy her modem, or else she might file a divorce case d 4lowing week after marriage bcus of dat
LOL!!! cheesy

Families like that polluted the essence of bride price. SMH!!
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by imperiouxx(m): 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yahoo in-laws with no laptop. No question angry angry

6 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by saintvc(m): 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
God forbid.....am i marrying the whole village?

I only respect parents...ggot no buisness with uncle wish

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Decapo: 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
Buy it 4 dem na
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by GoodBoi1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
I suspect her younger brother.

14 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
A family of Gold diggers aka Ashale je

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by deebrain(m): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Desdola(m): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
The in-law should have honourably demanded for a computer centre to be opened for him. i wonder d laptop serves for here.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Leadn(m): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
Laptop for bride price?! Like WTH?! I hope yu aint planning on giving birth to smartphones?!

btw, are you marrying from Imo state?
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by israel007: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
What can I say. The lady is as expensive and technical as a laptop
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by homesteady(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Laptop ke? What happened to cow and goat? grin
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by powerblaze(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hand him dis one cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by nakwe(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
How did this topic make it to the front page

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by yemi2plus(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Picture of the list or it didn't happen
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
I wouldn't mind if u tell us d village n state so dat we wil prepare our mind should incase we wnt to get married same place.
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Adesam09(m): 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
Just buy enough movies and softwares with it...

But i don watch that movie sha, uncle is kanayo o kanayo and d bride is mercy johnson...
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by YungLaw(f): 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Jet-age things, That is the problem with Nigeria and the extinction of its culture. In England even with technology, they don't joke withe their cultural heritage. Our languages are almost disappearing
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by demelza: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
powerblaze: Hand him dis one cheesy grin
As long as the computer can be put on the laps, na still laptop.
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by IAMBREEZY: 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lol e be like say them ne'er see laptop before. kisskisskisskisskiss
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by manny4life(m): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Slowly and surely, the greed factor excused in the form of technology is taking over the common place of tradition and culture. If I were the one, I would do no such thing, I'd rather you request for the money equivalent to the laptop in lieu of giving the laptop myself.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by imperiouxx(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
nakwe: How did this topic made it to the front page

By crawling. Try your luck too cheesy cheesy
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by nano2optics(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
Please can someone tell me the. Of the village, because I have one. Hp core i3 and am due for marriage.
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Fecodear(f): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
Op, it was ur Nairaland signature that got me laughing grin

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by Afritop(m): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
They should have requested for an aeroplane. However I think it is a trap because if a rich Dude shows up or their daughter is in a fling with a million dollar man, they will tend to swap the girl with the laptop if unused. That might be the reason if they don't want to ask for goat, vegitables and perishable items which can be used up in an instant. But since all those items could be included, then I will say they want to obtain from you and not necessarily the bride price payment
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by jmoore(m): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
The man wan open business centre. Em go ask photocopy machine join.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by cyril10(m): 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
Very funny bride price and items, tradiglobal marriage. Her uncle is trying to use one stone to kill two birds, wise man.
Re: My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price by gr3yb4ck(m): 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
DONT FORGET TO BUY HIM AIRTEL MODEM AND DO PLS TEACH HIM HOW TO DO AIRTEL 2GB CHEAT.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Hubby Is A Nymphomaniac, Please Help / Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway By Twaci (2021 Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.