Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,969 members, 7,799,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow (17751 Views)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Prof Achebe Rejects CFR Award Offer By Pres. Jonathan - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by donphilopus: 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mrs Joy Ifijeh, the widow who was rebuked by Governor Adams Oshiomhole for blocking the road with her goods, says she snubbed the offer of N250,000 by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) because she was satisfied with the apology and offer of a job and N2m by the Governor.

She also said she is not ready to be used as a pawn by the PDP on the chessboard of politics, advising the party to give the said money to another widow instead.

[img]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/snubbed-pdp-offer-edo-widow/[/img]

*Oshiomhole and the widow, Mrs Ifijeh drinking tea yesterday.

She disclosed this during the presentation of her letter of appointment into the Edo State War Against Indiscipline to her by Special Adviser to Governor Oshiomhole on Media and Public Affairs, Mr Kassim Afegbua at the Government House in Benin City, yesterday.

According to her “I want to thank Oshiomhole sincerely for this appointment and I wish to state that I have forgiven him from the bottom of my heart. And for the money promised me by PDP let them give it to other widows. I do not need the money”.

She described the governor’s gesture as humane and promised to support the government policies and programmes in the state.

Earlier, while presenting the appointment letter, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Strategy, Mr Kassim Afegbua,said “the appointment is in fulfilment of Comrade Oshiomhole promise to offer the widow employment into the service of the Government.

He said the appointment is effective from 3rd December. 2013, stressing that she would be expected to resume conform to the ethics of her position.

It will be recalled that Mrs Joy Ifijeh was on Monday offered two million naira by the Governor and also promised employment.

DO YOU NEED THE SOURCE? IF YES, CLICK HERE

4 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by plaindealer: 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
Very sensible and astute woman. Good for her...

4 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
PDP...go and die grin

42 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by homesteady(m): 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Its so obvious that she went for the highest bidder

26 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by egift(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chai! PDP eating the poopoo again for mismanaging a golden opportunity - just like they have mismanaged Nigeria cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by olabukola: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
See how she is running her mouth like Agege tap, goes to show that she will do worse than what oshimole did to if she is oshimole position. We shall see when she will complain of unpaid salary.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by plaindealer: 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
egift: Chai! PDP eating the poopoo again for mismanaging a golden opportunity - just like they have mismanaged Nigeria cheesy

The jokers were busy celebrating and dishing out propaganda instead of properly managing the golden opportunity for maximum benefit..

Incompetence is their first, middle and last name anyway..

9 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by donphilopus: 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Dan Orbih is just a bunch of failure! Look at the trophy he would have won by scoring the penalty, but he decided to hit the ball on the bar!

What a national mistake??

4 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Now PDP the ball is in your court, Find another widow to bless with your largesse

4 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by JulianBond007: 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
grin grin
Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by Koachdee(m): 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
unfortunately, she is caught at the middle of politics. Madam u fit swear se u no go rush collect PDP offer if oshiomole didnt offer u anytin. Indeed d problem of 9ja lies with both d leaders as well as d followers.

1 Like

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by donphilopus: 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Koachdee: unfortunately, she is caught at the middle of politics. Madam u fit swear se u no go rush collect PDP offer if oshiomole didnt offer u anytin. Indeed d problem of 9ja lies with both d leaders as well as d followers.
What would you have done, if it were to be you??

9 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by Joel3(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
poor woman, i believe if the PDP should have raise the bid more like 10 million, she would have dump APC.

PDP need to learn how the game is played. slowpoke, on Saturday the PDP attack oshiomole and promise the widow to come on Tuesday, whereas oshiomole quickly use on Monday as an opportunity to caught the mind of the woman with higher bid since politics want to be played.

money speak louder. oh you expect her to dump oshiomole and run to PDP for 250k? dont be kidding

but oshiomole need to tell the people of edo where he cough out that 2 million from, is it from tax payers money?

we need an explanation. the PDP don't know how to play politic. opposition is there to hold the government to ransom with all careless mistake. this are to bring check and balance, and make the government accountable to the people. they need to attack oshiomole where he get the 2million from and the automatic scholarship for her kids. oshiomole promise the woman all this just to silence her from falling pry to any opposition who might want to hijack that callous behavior against him, oh well it seems he know how to play the game more. so i think he win.

i do hope this will get to the front page

4 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by tybank: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
Even a five year old kid knows that PDP has an ulterior motive in offering her the money but unfortunately for them Oshio has good advisers who handled the case professionally.
PDP care not about widows,they wanted to take advantage of Oshio's mistake but they failed.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by Unblockable: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
Laughing at PDP! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by donphilopus: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Unblockable: Laughing at PDP! grin grin grin
They deserve the laughter! grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by AbuMikey(m): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
homesteady: Its so obvious that she went for the highest bidder

If it were you sir,You would have done same tongue

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by amarilo: 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
donphilopus: What would you have done, if it were to be you??
If na me I go collect the to unless oshimole told me not to collect from PDP which is like what played out here.

1 Like

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by homesteady(m): 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
Abu Mikey:

If it were you sir,You would have done same tongue

Sure! Afterall is he not chopping edo state money! I must join to chop the national cake grin grin damn PDP

1 Like

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Oshiomole has reali tried..we the elders of the state also forgive him..Oshiobaba Go and sin no more

3 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by Afam4eva(m): 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Oshiomole probably told her to say it. But shey PDP sef no get shame? Shey na 250k dem wan take win back Edo state. I was expecting them to double or triple Osho's offer. Shameless party.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by donphilopus: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
amarilo: If na me I go collect the to unless oshimole told me not to collect from PDP which is like what played out here.
She also said she is not ready to be used as a pawn by the PDP on the chessboard of politics
This' the main reason, why she didn't collect it.
Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by Olugbenger(m): 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pdp!

grin grin
Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by omenka(m): 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
PDP were clever by half on this one. They were so eager to capitalize on the slip up and it has blown right in their faces! I can bet my last cent they would keep the money to themself instead of giving a dime of it even to the most destitute begger in Edo state. A leopard can only use its environment to camouflage but its spots would foreveq remain indelible. Oshiomole remains one of the witty govs around.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
APC is good at managing unintended controversies and "scandals".

2 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by omenka(m): 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
olabukola: See how she is running her mouth like Agege tap, goes to show that she will do worse than what oshimole did to if she is oshimole position. We shall see when she will complain of unpaid salary.
In what way did she run her mouth? How does one expresing contentment and advocating good be done to those who truely need such amount to runing mouth? It just hurts you that the evil plot of the ever redundant Edo pdp boomeranged. God bless the widow and bless the comrade govnor.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by JulianBond007: 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
Prof Corruption: APC is good in managing unintended controversies and "scandals".

Very true! So many dumb people in PDP. They don't think before they act and at the end it backfires at them.
Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by citizenY(m): 1:51am On Dec 05, 2013
N250K, WHEN THEY ARE USING BILLIONS TO BUY CHEWING STICK!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by rexzqcom(m): 3:20am On Dec 05, 2013
"Make hayes, while the sunshine". PDP were too slow. They expected the woman to survive on promises. The offer should have been executed the same day the promise was made. Why the foot dragging? No 250k in their war chess? Bureacratic nonesense.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by donphilopus: 7:55am On Dec 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by gratieao: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2013
I don’t know people that are
already influencing this lady i
think she should have just
kept her mouth close from
anything politics. She should
have appreciated the fact the
so called pdp extended their
offer to her. If it wasn’t the
fact that cameras exposed the
harsh treatments she suffered
from that governor, do she
really think that governor
would have comeback to
apologize to her or care about
what she think or suffer! I
don’t care about pdp or any
party for that matter, but i
have to say that people
advising that poor lady are
doing her disservice.
The same woman PDP rescued from Oshiomhole humiliation is now talking tough. Interesting times. When is Fashola (SAN) going to compensate the people he sent out of Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow by gratieao: 9:10am On Dec 05, 2013
rexzqcom: "Make hayes, while the sunshine". PDP were too slow. They expected the woman to survive on promises. The offer should have been executed the same day the promise was made. Why the foot dragging? No 250k in their war chess? Bureacratic nonesense.
I wonder if Oshiemelle is the Governor of a state in the US, can he really remain Governor after such an ignorant and insensitive statement?
Hell no!! No apology will do. He must leave!
Bribing the widow won’t cut it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Can Sack Female Officers Who Get Pregnant Out-Of-Wedlock - High Court / Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage / Fayemi Reacts To Vote Of No Confidence By Reps Channels Television

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.