Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

The Murder Case- A short story - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Murder Case- A short story (50153 Views)

* *murder On Valentine's Day* * / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery / Murder On Koboland.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Murder Case- A short story by philtrum(m): 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chungchi: Nice story. M enjoying it but I have to say dat d way the drug(poison) gets metabolized after d subject has died sounds kinda faulty. Also, benzodiazepine is a drug class under which a lot of drugs stand. Once again, nice story!!

sorry i gez the subject didn't die, was jez asleep...and ....benzodiazepine is just a part of the antidote not really the pharmaceutical preparation made into tablets.....~the way i see it~

1 Like

Re: The Murder Case- A short story by SexySapphire(f): 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sexy Sapphire in da building.

Dis story is too hawt for it nt to be followed. Pls wia are the usher mak dem com usher me to the vvip seat o.

Nice work Adegwurulez. The action and suspense is so captivating. From ur first story, I always knew dat u're a talented writer. Lovely story all da way
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by DEllaluv(f): 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
Phil,I dey kampe o

Oge Adegwu hp u r typing
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kennybelle: 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
Just 3 words:
Nice, Tight, Unpredictable + thanks 4d update
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Rikidony(m): 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mehn i just got a cold water to cool down..... This suspence is killing @my oga Ade u are talented...... I hope Jacob will be able to save Attah the way he save him
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
ehm guys, remember the low battery thingy i told you guys about? it turned out to be an electrical problem on our street. thats why i didn't update in the morning, dont ask me how i charged my phone now. I'v seen all your comments, i'm indeed lucky to have people like you guys reading my work. However, i wont be able to reply all your comments but i'll just answer one question someone asked.

update in a bit
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chungchi: Nice story. M enjoying it but I have to say dat d way the drug(poison) gets metabolized after d subject has died sounds kinda faulty. Also, benzodiazepine is a drug class under which a lot of drugs stand. Once again, nice story!!
Thanks for the observation. Benzodiasepine is a drug class, yess!!! but they all have the same chemical properties which makes them to be used against anxiety, insomnia, seizures etc I guess the key issue here is the property which makes all of the eligible to be used in that regards. As for the metabolism after death ish, i guess u were talking about david's drug ryt?? well, it has been shown through research that metabolism continues 4-10minutes after death depending on the temperature. would have loved to paste link but that would derail the thread. when next you are less busy, just google what i said above. thanks for your observation, cheers!!!
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Attah's prayer had just been answered. He could literally evisage the end of the invisible quartet. More like God just chose him to be the recepient of his 'blessing of the year'.

Bringing down the invisible quartet has been Attah's dream from time immemorial. They were the group responsible for sending him to prison which had temporary put to halt his quest to end them. Even as he had planned on using Jacobs to realize his dreams, he didn't have an elaborate plan on how to stop them.
For instance, he only knows their operations and their victims when he sees one but he didn't know were to locate them. The arrival of this guy from nowhere has just given him someone to direct all his questions to. Yes he had questions, questions like where they were called invisible quartet even though they were supposed to be five.

The workshop break didn't come as soon as he had expected. It was like the invisible quartet where planning to stop his meeting with this 'all-knowing being'. Prisons in nigeria had workshops where the prisoners learnt all sorts of hand work so that they would be self dependent when they finally leave the prison. Some people learnt capentary, others learnt welding and so on.

After waiting for like eternity, the time to go to workshop finally came and all the prisoners were led out of their prison to the workshop under the supervision of heavily armed soldiers. Before leaving, the guy still came to remind Attah of their meeting. Attah wasn't comfortable with the Way the guy was taking it personal but he thought maybe the guy was also eager to bring down the invisible quartet.
In the workshop the guy kept looking at Attah which made Jacobs uncomfortable but he just did as if he didn't notice.

Attah and Jacobs didn't discuss about the invisible quartet again since the guy showed up. Perhaps, Attah thought he had gotten someone to help him bring down the group so he might not be needing Jacobs' help.

All of a sudden, the guy stopped working and walked towards attah. He whispered to him
"Meet me in the toilet" and started going.

"Hey there!! Where you dey go?" a soldierman asked.

"I wan go piss" he said and continued going. Attah waited for some few minutes before joining the guy.

"What took you so long?" the guy asked, looking around to see if there was any other person.

"i had to wade off suspicion" Attah replied.

"Good" the guy replied with his hand behind him. He was holding a knife.

It has been six hours since the attack on NATU but the effect was still on. The whole communication hub had been burnt down due to the explosive, the transformer was also blown. The governor had been trying to reach them but he couldn't reach them on official lines so he called Sani's cell. He blasted the coorperation for failing to nab the terrorist, this time he threatened fire and brimstone. Immediately after the call, Sani put a call across to the nigerian army to search for a certain Lieutenant Bala Usman but he was told that they was Nobody with that name.

"I give up!!" he shouted and went back to his office.

Dr. Amos was busy in his office. He had been queried by his employer for missing an important surgery. He tried to explain the situation to the man but he didn't listen. He was allowed to work on probation.
Someone walked into his office and he looked up.

"Brother Amos, always busy" the person said.

"Hey joe, watsup" Dr. Amos replied.

Joe was his immediate younger brother, he was still in the university but due to the ASUU strike, he was at home. Amos had wondered why some group of men that called themselves intellects would keep students at home for over five months. He decided he was going to send his brother to south africa while the strike lasts. He had wanted to tell him but he decided to make it a suprise. He would tell his brother on his birthday which comes up the next week.

"I'm fine bro, guess what?"

"Joe, if you came for guesses you might wanna reconsider your stay cos am very busy" Amos repied

"remember Janet? The girl i'v been asking out for close to a year now"

"what about her?" Amos asked unconcerned.

"She just agreed to go out on a date with me" Joe shouted with smiles on his face.

"That's good. So you wanted to ask me of the best joint in town for first date?" Amos asked.

"No na, i just want to use your car. I wanna blow her mind" Joe replied.

Amos thought about all the things his car had passed through. His mechanic had returned the car not to long, after spending Hours in traffic.

"Thats the key" Amos pointed at his desk
"If my car gets as much as a scratch, you will get me a new one" Amos warned.

"No problem" Joe said and sprang out of the office. He came back later and picked up the key which he had forgotten due to excitement.

"Children of nowadays, when i was in the university, i and my date would always trekk to the venue of our date" Amos spoke to himself.
He began to remember his days in the university, he could give anything just to have those days back. He was still in his thoughts when he heared a loud bang. He looked through the window and he saw a thick smoke in the direction of the parking lot. He decided to go and check it out.

On arrival, he saw people running away from the place.
"What is it?" he asked someone

"It was a bomb,it was planted inside a car" the person replied and continued running. Amos went towards the place, he recognised the plate number.
It was his car!!!

*TBC*
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by DEllaluv(f): 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
Awww sad
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by SexySapphire(f): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Huh Wat jst happened? The story is gettin more intense.
Kipin ma fingers crossed especially for Attah.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Awww sad
tongue
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sexy Sapphire: Huh Wat jst happened? The story is gettin more intense.
Kipin ma fingers crossed especially for Attah.
hmm.. me too
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kennybelle: 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
OMG!
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
this should be an American film, action everywhere...besides, i tot 'tis a short story ni
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by philtrum(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
Damn....tell me joe isn't dead.....and attah is not on the next flight to heaven.....
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by smithe113(m): 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
adegwurulez:
hmm.. me too
U neva know wetin go apen ni......abeg,bombard us with update jhor wink cool
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by globatop: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
this invisible quartet are likely to be mafia group, having contact everywhere, what are their aim, objective or gain, is it just vendata?

still enjoying the long story, promise to read to the last post. God bless your inspiration
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kingsilly(m): 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ahhhh..na die we dey ooooo...diz iz lovely..buh u dey tey wid update..30yrz to update ni
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by janeade(f): 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nice write up.....i so much love it
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 12:16am On Dec 14, 2013
kennybelle: OMG!
tongue
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 12:17am On Dec 14, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: this should be an American film, action everywhere...besides, i tot 'tis a short story ni
its ending soon
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 12:18am On Dec 14, 2013
philtrum: Damn....tell me joe isn't dead.....and attah is not on the next flight to heaven.....
the next update will tell
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 12:19am On Dec 14, 2013
smithe113:
U neva know wetin go apen ni......abeg,bombard us with update jhor wink cool
ma sleep small na
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 12:21am On Dec 14, 2013
globatop: this invisible quartet are likely to be mafia group, having contact everywhere, what are their aim, objective or gain, is it just vendata?

still enjoying the long story, promise to read to the last post. God bless your inspiration
tot i talked about their history? the real purpose of their formation was for political thugery but they went rogue and their main aim now is to help their members when there are in trouble
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 12:22am On Dec 14, 2013
kingsilly: Ahhhh..na die we dey ooooo...diz iz lovely..buh u dey tey wid update..30yrz to update ni
chairman na only when unforseen circumstance come before i dey delay update na. tnx anyway
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 12:25am On Dec 14, 2013
janeade: Nice write up.....i so much love it
tnx ma
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 14, 2013
adegwurulez:
Thanks for the observation. Benzodiasepine is a drug class, yess!!! but they all have the same chemical properties which makes them to be used against anxiety, insomnia, seizures etc I guess the key issue here is the property which makes all of the eligible to be used in that regards. As for the metabolism after death ish, i guess u were talking about david's drug ryt?? well, it has been shown through research that metabolism continues 4-10minutes after death depending on the temperature. would have loved to paste link but that would derail the thread. when next you are less busy, just google what i said above. thanks for your observation, cheers!!!

Alrite.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Uthman51(m): 6:27am On Dec 14, 2013
Mr ade......
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Queenxstar(f): 8:48am On Dec 14, 2013
Lovely one!
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by 3Dimension: 8:50am On Dec 14, 2013
Hmmmmm.....................

This suspense no go kill person sha..

Attah on his way to heaven.
Doctor just escape cemetary.
Jacobs another candidate.
The wife a patient.

Quartet wahala from the invincible quartet
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 9:52am On Dec 14, 2013
Attah was trapped in the toilet with a killer but he didn't know. All he expected were answers to his questions and not an attempt on his life.
"So tell me, where can we find them?" Attah asked with all iota of seriousness.

"Not so fast" the guy replied, moving closer to Attah.
In one swift movement he plunged forward with the knife aimed at Attah's abdomen but Attah saw it on time, he quickly made way for the guy who staggered to the ground.

He quickly stood up and faced Attah with the knife. Attah was unsure of what to do. Should he run out of the toilet and tell the soldiermen? No!! Turning his back on this psycho could be dangerous.

"Who sent you?" Attah asked.

"You ask too many questions, thats what led you into trouble." the guy replied.

He swayed the knife in Attah's face and started trowing punches with it. Attah was bending down, moving his head to the left and right just to avoid the knife.
He aimed at the guy and kicked him just above his solar plexus.

"The invisible quartet sent you right?" Attah asked but the guy didn't answer. He just jumped and used his legs to hit the wall like he was trying to climb it, he then used the wall to push himself forward. While in the air, he turned acrobatically and gave attah a scissors kick. Attah didn't expect it so it trew him to the ground. The guy quickly rushed Attah and started kicking him. Attah who was still on the ground was groaning of pain. Blood was oozing from his mouth, he was sure he had lost a tooth or Two. He couldn't move his body because all his joints were now full of pains. He just laid stiff on the ground and watched the guy who was now squatting.

"While in hell,don't start investigating the devil. His methods might be worse you know" the guy said and raised the knife. He was about stabbing Attah when Jacobs arrived from behind. He used the hammer he was holding to hit the guy on the head. The guy fell down and died.

Attah who had been closing his eyes slowly opened it when he didn't feel any knife on his body.

"I killed him, I'm a killer" Jacobs said while stammering.

"I thought you were a vigilante? Why are you sobbing over a dead body?" Attah asked still groaning.

"Yes I'm a vigilante, but i'v never killed" Jacobs replied.

"Dont worry, you will get over the guilt phase, and you will learn how to kill more cos in this our world, its 'kill or be killed'.

Hours after the explosion, NATU team arrived the scene. They would have showed up earlier but there was no way of reaching them. Someone actually went physically to NATU to report the bomb incident because NATU were the agency poised with the responsibility of investigating all terrorist attacks. The nigerian police and soldier officers were already at the scene before the arrival of NATU. The NATU team was led by Agent Musa who was just coming back from maiduguri.
They quickly marked out the area of the attack.

Earlier, Amos had wanted to go into the fire to find his brother but he was held. Fire brigade then came few minutes Later and battled with the fire.
Amos stood there watching with tears in his eyes as body parts of his brother who was blown into pieces was put into a polythene bag.

Amaka's phone rang and when she saw the caller, she excused herself to pick the call.
"Hello Amaka, i just heard of the bomb attack on your hospital in the news" paul said from the other end.

"What did you do? Thought we agreed that Dr. Amos and his property should be left out of this? Amaka asked.

"Yes, but i changed my mind. I noticed how emotionally attached you were to the doctor so i had to do something before it jeopardizes the operation" paul replied.

"What are you talking about, were you not the one that told me to get closer to the doctor?" Amaka asked.

"yes but i changed my mind, and that is final." paul changed his tone.
"so tell me, did they find his remains" he asked.

"No, he was blown into pieces" Amaka replied.

"Good, time to move on to the final phase" paul said.

"and what is the final phase?" Amaka asked.

"It's classified" paul replied her.

"I thought we agreed that i would be carried along? Look i didn't sign up to kill innocent people..." Amaka was trying to say something but paul ended the call. She sighed and turned back only to see agent musa standing behind her and looking straight into her eyes, he wasn't smiling.

*TBC*
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2013
Uthman51: Mr ade......
yes boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

The Religion / Collins Oscar Wedding Dress (Pictures) / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.