Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Htc One Mini Banned In The Uk After Nokia Wins Patent Case - See More At: Http:/ - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Htc One Mini Banned In The Uk After Nokia Wins Patent Case - See More At: Http:/ (453 Views)

Whatsapp Banned Me For 24hours / Samsung To Pay Apple $1.05B for Patent-Infringement / Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Htc One Mini Banned In The Uk After Nokia Wins Patent Case - See More At: Http:/ by ozoneprince(m): 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nokia has won a patent infringing battle against HTC, leading to the ban of sales of the HTC One Mini in the UK.
The UK High Court found in October that HTC had infringed Nokia’s European patent number 0998024, described as a ‘modular structure for a transmitter and a mobile station’. As a result, Judge Richard Arnold ruled today that HTC can no longer sell its One Mini smartphone in the UK.
HTC had tried to argue that the microchips found to infringe Nokia’s patent were “a very small component” and therefore did not justify a sales ban. It also claimed that HTC does not compete with Nokia in the UK, because its smartphones run Google’s Android operating system while Nokia’s running Microsoft’s Windows Phone OS.
However, Nokia dismissed these arguments, claiming that it has “lost sales of Lumia phones since the launch of the One range.” HTC sold about 715,000 smartphones worth about £221 million in the UK between January and September, according to court documents.
HTC’s flagship One smartphone was also found to infringe the patent, but a ban has been delayed to give HTC time to appeal. Judge Arnold said in his ruling that blocking UK sales of the One would cause “considerable” damage to HTC’s UK business.
what do you think ? on htc one mini banned in the uk after nokia wins patent case ?
- See more at: http://.com/htc-one-mini-banned-in-the-uk-after-nokia-wins-patent-case/#sthash.Ju1sQehw.dpuf

Re: Htc One Mini Banned In The Uk After Nokia Wins Patent Case - See More At: Http:/ by Hotdiamond(m): 10:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
HTC didn't want to play along. they should have quietly paid Nokia for the components they used just like apple did. good for them.

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Reportedly Working On New Messaging Feature / Which Do I Choose? Q1 Or M3 / Please Peepz I Need Ur Help 2lik My Sister Page On Fb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.