Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 (24688 Views)

Liverpool Vs West Ham (4 - 1) On 7th December 2013 / Stoke City Vs Chelsea (3 - 2) On 7th December 2013 / UCL: FC Basel Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 7th December 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by 1nation4ume: 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
Well while form is temporary,Class is permanent. Let's continue mourning one of our greatest fans please.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
haha.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Dantedasz(m): 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
I just can't wrap my head around people blaming Sir Alex.
He handed over a team that won the League on a canter last season and only lost the title to Man City ON GOALS difference the season before, so how did this team suddenly become sh1t under Moyes?
None of the players has left the team, infact the team has been strengthened by Felliani.
It is obvious the players have no confidence in Moyes, who has never won anything. Moyes Sacked the coaching staff that achieved so
much.
He is out of his league here.
Get rid of Moyes before the Titanic hits the ice berg, because that would be a major disaster.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
Dantedasz: I just can't wrap my head around people blaming Sir Alex.
He handed over a team that won the League on a canter last season and only lost the title to Man City ON GOALS difference the season before, so how did this team suddenly become sh1t under Moyes?
None of the players has left the team, infact the team has been strengthened by Felliani.
It is obvious the players have no confidence in Moyes, who has never won anything. Moyes Sacked the coaching staff that achieved so
much.
He is out of his league here.
Get rid of Moyes before the Titanic hits the ice berg, because that would be a major disaster.

[b]On RVP...
I feel sorry for this guy. This guy left without doubt the best coach in this league thinking he will be coached for the last years of his career by a true champion, a born winner, the creme de la creme, best manager of all time. He had the pleasure for one year (like a little kid in a candy store), then boop, he is now left with Phil Neville telling him how to score goals, being trained like his in the army.

Balls being ping ponged like this is the tennis championship at Old Trafford. Secondly this idea of us being "lucky" part of me always believed that those last minutes goals were luck, but my god was I wrong. Those Last minute goals were a thing of beauty that a man who does not know how to lose instilled in these champions. Those days are well and truly over, I wish a pensive like in the Harry Potter books really existed, we might need for the next few years. FML. #wearefinish P.S. yeah

P.S. yeah I created an article saying support Moyes, am saying FARK That!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By scholayscholes.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by dikepet470: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
Am a Man united fan. Once we beat Arsenal, i dont care if we loose or draw our remaining EPL matches, ..... ........ .... .... .... ..... ..... ... .. ... .. .. .. ., sheeeee, had i know, abeg Baba God i no talk am again.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
Moyes said: "I stand firm we will be very close to it.
I hope we are in it at the end of the season.

" When asked why he was so confident, he said:
"The players -because I am working with the champions."
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Dantedasz(m): 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
I've got a feeling of deja vu here.
David Moyes reminds me of Brian Cloughs disaster of 44 days in charge of Leeds United in the 70s.
Cloughie who was a hot shot young manager in those days arrived Elland road as successor to his arch enemy Don Revie who had been appointed the new England manager after turning Leeds into English champions.
Clough started his regieme by trying to dismantle and run down every structure Revie had built at Elland road and of course the players rebelled against him and were losing games at an alarming rate.
Of course the board reacted and Brian Clough was out of a job after only 44 days.
There is a film about this story "The dammed united."

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by dabrake(m): 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
Rihanna should go on a date with Man. Utd. because Man. Utd. do not beat anybody.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by dotcomnamename: 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
davida222: In my view there are several issues here:
1 – the players are shot of
confidence, they have never been
in this position, the moment a goal
went in against them the fell apart,
the confidence to chase the game
has gone, to be fair to the
manager he was trying to with his
subs. There are too many nerves in
the team. Only Rooney and Januzaj
playing with confidence. Everyone
else seems rattled.
2 – Moyes only seems to know
how to play 442 at United, he does
not seem to understand this is not
working well for us. Until we sort
ourselves out we need to play 451
and just get some composure
back.
3 – Whoever is coaching the
defence is doing a poor job. The
number of defensive errors this
season even with Vida back is
huge. Players getting unmarked in
the box. This chopping and
changing of CD players by Moyes
has to stop. He needs to let a
partnership settle and develop. In
addition the defensive tactics are
poor. We are too flat, not stepping
out enough, it is a third rate
defensive approach and I really
expected Moyes to do better here.
4 – Evra is not young enough to
play every game, and certainly not
ever game every 3 days. We are
over reliant on him as an attacking
player and Moyes has to rotate him
with Fabio or Buttner as the
number of games he is playing will
take a toll on his performances.
Evra must be rested.
5 – Januzaj is our best player. But
we needed a player like
Lewandowski, the service to
strikers is beyond poor, players are
passing to feet instead of speeding
play and giving players balls to run
onto which is harder to defend.
Cleverly for example almost always
passes to feet and rarely into space
meaning its easy to counter us.
6 – I am really keen to see Zaha
play, but was this the game to
throw him on in? When we are
looking for a goal under huge
pressure?
7 – I was reading Carraghers
interview on Bayern, the board
there said that they did everything
to get Pep as he was available and
the best and most exciting
manager in the world. Also Pep
talked about his playing philosophy
and the consensus is he has taken
Bayern up a level and is
developingtheir youth team. The
fact that the United Board did not
really use their brain and seriously
thin about wh was the best
manager out there and lets go get
him is staggering. United manager
is the top job in football, it’s not
brave to take it, no one would turn
it down, everyone wanted this job.
It is not Moyes fault the Board
chose him, it is SAF’s fault has he
used his influence to push through
a nepotistic decision appointing a
fellow Scott. At the time Pep was
my first choice followed by Klopp.
Both have proved themselves at
top level, both are big characters,
inspire players and play great
attacking football and have a
philosophy. The abuse Moyes is
getting should really be directed at
the Board. What the Bleep were they
thinking in appointing this man? I
never wanted Maureen and still
don’t. When Moyes was appointed
I thought he back room staff would
train him up and it would be OK.
But as you look more closely at the
way Everton played under him he
was never the right appointment.
United need managers on the level
of Pep, Maureen and Klopp. We
have to accept that it simply not
Moyes fault he has this position.
He is doing his best but he is just
not capable at this level,
technically, tactically and in terms
of getting the best out of players.
If we can poach Pep away from
Bayern in 2 years that would be a
dream. In the interim serious
thought has to be given.
People talk about SAF getting time
an many have noted it was a
different situation, what is Moyes
going to get time for? Turning the
Champions into err….champions?
Before SAF United regularly fired
managers and that is why SAF got
the job. In his first few years some
board members did call for his
head but the fact he was bringing
through youth and had a plan and
showed fight was what kept him in.
Plus his CV was miles ahead of
Moyes. Let us also be clear Moyes
was at Everton for 11 years in the
same way that Martin O’Neil could
have stayed at Villa of Huges at
Blackburn. All these managers
failed at other Clubs. The only
reason Moyes stayed with Everton
so long is no one else offered him
a better job, Spurs overlooked him
for AVB, Chelsea hired Grant and Di
Matteo ahead of him. His
appointment is the worst decision
SAF has ever made and it has
backfired badly when he chopped
the backroom staff and ripped up
the succession plan SAF had
visioned in place.
So don’t abuse Moyes. Anyone
would take the United job
tomorrow. I best alot of managers
are polishing up their CV’s already.
The players are playing like Moyes
is going or they are. This is a very
ugly situation right now. But if any
one is casting blame for Moyes it
should not be him who is blamed
but those who thought United
should drop their standards.
Bayern went ambitiously for the
very best manager, we should
have done that too. The Board is
stupid.

Story

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Godson32(m): 12:08am On Dec 08, 2013
dikepet470: Am a Man united fan. Once we beat Arsenal, i dont care if we loose or draw our remaining EPL matches, ..... ........ .... .... .... ..... ..... ... .. ... .. .. .. ., sheeeee, had i know, abeg Baba God i no talk am again.
u re a zombie man utd fan,so ur aim for the season is for Man utd to beat Arsenal,u re a waste,shit.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 08, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Man City
Substitutes
01 Hart
02 Richards
06 Lescott
10 Dzeko
14 Javi García
15 Jesús Navas
22 Clichy

See bench.

Brov, na squad ϐε dat! grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by GentleFrank(m): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
Up man u !
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
Moyes needs to be sacked fast if the owners know what they are doing,the face of football has changed from back in the day when sir Alex took charge and had to build a team from the start,now,football is big global franchise,this argument therefore is shuld the american owners be stubborn and leave moyes in charge,the likely outcome would be that United most likely won't qualify for champions league (judging from the current table standings) and even europa is looking faint (cos newcastle,everton,tottenham look sharper),now if united fail to pick any of the two slots,and should we fail to win any trophy as well this season,den united should kiss our revenues goodbye,also sponsorships and endorsements would be gone or reduce, already united is in debt and trying to balance the books,with fifa fairplay rules also being implemented,so I don't see how united can buy quality ,highly prized assets ,also no world class player would leave his club for a club not playing champions league football,its gonna be another liverpool situation all over again for united,I recommend sacking moyes now before further damage is done,d only reason why ferguson gave the job to moyes was because moyes can work within budget,none of the big name coaches would have come without spending at least 50m to buy players,so moyes got the job,but he is failing on the pitch and needs to leave before we get swallowed up by debts.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
hisson3: Moyes needs to be sacked fast if the owners know what they are doing,the face of football has changed from back in the day when sir Alex took charge and had to build a team from the start,now,football is big global franchise,this argument therefore is shuld the american owners be stubborn and leave moyes in charge,the likely outcome would be that United most likely won't qualify for champions league (judging from the current table standings) and even europa is looking faint (cos newcastle,everton,tottenham look sharper),now if united fail to pick any of the two slots,and should we fail to win any trophy as well this season,den united should kiss our revenues goodbye,also sponsorships and endorsements would be gone or reduce, already united is in debt and trying to balance the books,with fifa fairplay rules also being implemented,so I don't see how united can buy quality ,highly prized assets ,also no world class player would leave his club for a club not playing champions league football,its gonna be another liverpool situation all over again for united,I recommend sacking moyes now before further damage is done,d only reason why ferguson gave the job to moyes was because moyes can work within budget,none of the big name coaches would have come without spending at least 50m to buy players,so moyes got the job,but he is failing on the pitch and needs to leave before we get swallowed up by debts.

Mam Utd was put in the stock market to balance the books. If Man Utd doesn't qualify for the Champions League then the Glazers can add Manchesster United to another great franchise they have crumbled.

Investors will certainly pull out their money.
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
[img]http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.kicsports.net/files/files/Rene002.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kicsports.net/about-us/rene-meulensteen[/img]

[img]http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.kicsports.net/files/files/Rene005.jpg[/img]

Rene Meulensteen -1st team coach of Manchester United

The vision of Rene Meulensteen, First Team Coach at Manchester United, is basic and straight forward; "the team with the most creative players and players who can dominate the 1vs1 situations all over the field will be the most successful team in the world". This vision is now being carried out via The Meulensteen Academy (MA). Our objective is to increase the knowledge base of club soccer by carrying out the Meulensteen methods and philosophy using the latest developments in coaching and skill training.

How could Moyes sack Rene.
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by EmmyDe25(m): 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
figment232: Stop blaming Moyes! the fact is dat the players are not good enough.U guys need to go shopping for better ones come January.
I was told this same set of players won the league by 11points last season and narrowly lost the league title to their neighbour some two seasons ago with the exception of V.persie and Kagawa.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
Robin van Persie last season credited Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen with putting the club on course for the Premier League title by ‘winning points for us through his training.’
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
On another news, the reason Kagawa couldn't play yesterday was because:

He was hospitalised and had his stomach pumped because of OVER FEEDING. grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by 1025: 9:41am On Dec 09, 2013
fergie left with old traford for moyes is building a new traford.
if enyimba enter the traford now, they will get their 3 points kpere.
no webb, no winning.
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by onyxo76(m): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2013
BONANZA!!! BONNAZA!!!, Play Man Utd and get 3 points....
Re: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 by purplekayc(m): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

West Ham United Vs Manchester City (2 - 2) On 15th May 2022 / Southampton Vs Manchester City: EFL Cup (2 - 0) On 11th January 2023 / Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 1) On 6th November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.