Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover (40017 Views)

Chinese Man Committed Suicide After Girlfriend Insist On Buying More Shoes / Teenager Commits Suicide After Parents Banned Her From Facebook / Afghan Policewoman Kills US Military Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by adamooye5(m): 5:42am On Dec 05, 2013
A policewoman committed suicide after writing a text to a male colleague thanking him for a 'wonderful' date - but accidentally sent it to her husband, an inquest heard.
PC Gail Crocker, 46, met a fellow officer while her husband Peter, 49, was away from their home near St Austell, Cornwall, on a business trip in London.
Later that evening the mother of two typed a message on her mobile saying: 'Thank you for a wonderful evening. Only wish we could do this more often'.

But Mrs Crocker sent it to her husband of 30 years by mistake, an inquest in Truro was told.
He came home and she admitted to having a 'one-off' rendezvous with a male colleague but insisted it had never happened before.
The couple rowed, and the next day Mrs Crocker called in sick from work and drove to a lane two-and-a-half miles away from her home in the village of St Stephen.  She took an overdose and was later found dead in her car on 15 June.

Mr Crocker, of St Stephen, Cornwall, told the inquest his wife had begged him for forgiveness when he got back from his trip.
He said: 'I got out [of the car] and she was in floods of tears saying she was sorry. She told me it was a one-off and she had never done it before.

Mr Crocker told the hearing they rowed the following morning, saying: 'She went on and on again. My work phone rang. I was so angry I slammed it into the ground.

Gail Crocker, 46, committed suicide after sending a text meant for a man she had dated to her husband
After going to the supermarket to buy a replacement phone, Mr Crocker arrived home later that day to find his wife and her car had gone.
Mr Crocker contacted her sergeant at Bodmin Police Station who told him she had called in sick for her shift that afternoon.
He said: 'I didn't sleep at all. I didn't hear from Gail during the night.'
The following morning David Rendell and his wife, close friends of the Crockers, spotted Mrs Crocker's car in the car park at Lanjeth, a nearby village, and called her husband.

Mr Crocker discovered his wife's body in the boot next to an empty bottle of tablets, which the pathologist said caused her death, and suicide notes written to him and daughters Chloe, 22 and Gemma, 25.
Mrs Crocker, who met her husband in Plymouth when she was 15 and he was 17, first trained as a PCSO in Truro in 2003 and became a police constable in 2007.
Mr Crocker added in his statement: 'She was a people person - she would speak to anyone about anything. Being a PCSO was her perfect job.

'She was my life.  We had plans.  Nothing was worth her taking her life.  I'm lost without her.'
  - Paul Crocker, 49

'She was my life. We had plans. Nothing was worth her taking her life. I'm lost without her.'
The unnamed colleague with whom Mrs Crocker spent the evening was not required to give evidence or named at the inquest.
Returning a verdict of suicide, Coroner for Cornwall Emma Carlyon told the hearing she was satisfied that Mrs Crocker's death resulted from a deliberate act to take her own life.
At the time of her death colleagues paid tribute to the 'excellent' police officer who was based in Truro and later Bodmin.
Sector inspector Robin Hogg said: 'I have known Gail for several years and will always remember her as an excellent officer with a bright, happy and positive disposition.'
'Gail leaves a husband and two daughters who miss her deeply and are very proud of the role she carried out in the community.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518006/Policewoman-took-overdose-died-accidentally-texting-husband-message-meant-male-colleague.html
http://www.pakurumo.com/2013/12/policewoman-killed-herself-after.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by myOGAonTOP: 6:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Swap scenarios and characters : a Nigerian woman will blame airtel network for diverting someone else's message to her phone and the poor husband may commit suicide.

68 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Mynd44: 6:09am On Dec 05, 2013
Wow
Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Elcapo(m): 6:12am On Dec 05, 2013
myOGAonTOP: Swap scenarios and characters : a Nigerian woman will blame airtel network for diverting someone else's message to her phone and the poor husband may commit suicide.
lol grin grin grin that's 9ja 4 u cheesy

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by demelza: 6:22am On Dec 05, 2013
myOGAonTOP: Swap scenarios and characters : a Nigerian woman will blame airtel network for diverting someone else's message to her phone and the poor husband may commit suicide.
You cannot fault Naija women for being sharp, its resident in our genes. grin
@topic, 30yrs of marriage just fell apart because of a harmless dinner. sad

3 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Mynd44: 6:23am On Dec 05, 2013
demelza: You cannot fault Naija women for being sharp, its resident in our genes. grin
@topic, 30yrs of marriage just fell apart because of a harmless dinner. sad
It was not so harmless

8 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by demelza: 6:37am On Dec 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
It was not so harmless
It was!
Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Mynd44: 6:41am On Dec 05, 2013
demelza: It was!
Cheating goes beyond intimacy. It is the thought behind the dinner. Read the contents of the text and you will see that she wanted to do it again. Which is why the husband was so angry and she was depressed

22 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Fkforyou(m): 6:45am On Dec 05, 2013
demelza: It was!
Na from harmless dinner e dey start...
Anyway R.I.P to d woman.

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by ChiSun27(m): 6:47am On Dec 05, 2013
Now I beliv dat all dis oyibos have unstable brains...she shud av cntinud beggin na...don't think my nija lady wud commit suicide ova a dinner with anoda dude...or mayb som oda things r involved.

7 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by yousee(m): 6:51am On Dec 05, 2013
Fkforyou:
Na from harmless dinner e dey start...
Anyway R.I.P to d woman.

Abi! My question: what if the message mix up didn't happen?

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Burger01(m): 6:57am On Dec 05, 2013
She didn't need to do that. Life at times is so complicated. We live through it all..

RIP ma.

But, does a date automatically translate to having sex?!. This Oyinbo people no stable mentally. Anything can happen any moment. I trust my naija women. Na devil and MTN network go share the blame.

9 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Danhumprey: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2013
Burger01: She didn't need to do that. Life at times is so complicated. We live through it all..

RIP ma.

But, does a date automatically means having sex?!. This Oyinbo people no stable mentally. Anything can happen any moment. I trust my naija women. Na devil and MTN network go share the blame.
I tell you! grin

That's their mentality. Simply put the blame on the Devil and the network providers. They just won't accept the blame,even though they intentionally and deliberately agreed to having the date. angry

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Danhumprey: 7:14am On Dec 05, 2013
Suicide is just too extreme na. There are sure better ways to have solve the impasse between them. sad

2 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by ojeka1(m): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2013
front page thingsthe wages of sin is death...... die hard baby
Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Olaskybab: 7:35am On Dec 05, 2013
na lie joor...

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by rodeo0070(m): 7:37am On Dec 05, 2013
She's a good woman but she should not have done that...
*Sighs*
All the right wrong reasons...
Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by nerodenero: 7:59am On Dec 05, 2013
I believe only cowards commit suicide.She should have just face the consequence of her action and move on,besides she is not the first and wont be the last to commit infidelity.
Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Vivly(f): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2013
She killed herself because her husband found out and not because she felt guilt stepping out on her husband.
She must have blamed her text messaging skills before death.

10 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2013
Olaskybab: na lie joor...
pls take off that pic, its creepy... rip to the dead tho

2 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Tuntheycr7: 8:58am On Dec 05, 2013
Nawa for dis dem oyinbo's sef
Abi how does killing her self solves the problem on ground ?
She must have felt high level of betrayal.
RIP to her.

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by erad(m): 9:29am On Dec 05, 2013
The story sounds somehow. Why didn't she overdose in the car and had to lock herself in the boot? That doesn't sound rational.

5 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Olugbenger(m): 10:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Why is the man sounding sad now?

embarassed

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by IAMBREEZY: 10:59am On Dec 05, 2013
Maybe she was suffering from mental problem.
Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by POPEII: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
Women, that's their profession

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by lincolnj88: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
. grin double wahala for dead body oh.....
Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
hahahaha!!
Kamikaze!!!!
Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
These oyinbo sef. Every small thing, suicide. Ok not small thing, but suicide

1 Like

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
lincolnj88: .
see this obote dey keep space. Dem dey share money for front page?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by solasalako(m): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
law of karma....hmmm... sorry case.
Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by mifavour(f): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
hell awaits yhu lady...white people shaa undecided

2 Likes

Re: Policewoman Committed Suicide After Texting Husband Message Meant For Her Lover by Dollarjunkie: 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hope its not our own nairaland policewoman oooooo

Cuz am having a crush on her undecided grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Running Out Of Fuel, People In Gaza Seek Out Traditional Clay Ovens (Photos) / Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him / Meet The King Who Inherited 72 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.