Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,248 members, 7,780,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:44 PM

My Experience Inside The Nigeria Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience Inside The Nigeria Prison (1366 Views)

Photos; The State Of Nigeria Prison. / LATEST PHOTO: This Is What Inside Nigeria Prison Looks Like! / Minna: Nigeria Prison Service Recaptures 108 Escaped Inmates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Inside The Nigeria Prison by Smeeky(m): 6:39am On Dec 05, 2013
Nigeria is one corrupt nation that sometimes I wonder if we gonna get out of this mess,because it is becoming worse instead of getting better... I went to visit a relative at ikoyi prison who got himself involved in a crime in his company. It was my first time of visiting,so when I got there,I was kinda confuse on where to start...I had to go to the security point,I explained my reason of coming to the man I approached,so he demanded for a bribe before saying anything. I had no choice but to give him,afterwards, he told me how to go about it,and even notify me that in every point,I was gonna pay them. I was perplex, and I asked myself where was the concept of "Visiting Is Free"...I couldn't turn back since I was there already, so I proceeded... On getting to the first point,I was given a form to fill,on the process of submitting the filled form,the warden demanded that I put N1000 inside the form before submitting,I was angry at this point,but I had to control it,since it was my first time...I jokingly told him it was my first time,and I didn't know it was like this...I told him I had just N500 to spare. He accepted it,and went to submit all the forms since I was not the only person visiting.. When we got inside,I boldly saw the the "Visiting is free" on the wall...I just laughed inward,and paid in every point I approached,even the office I discussed with him was not free...that wasn't all,the convict themselves,especially the old ones who had been given jobs in there,surrounded me and were hailing me for money(there's are even considerate)..I spent nothing less than N5000 that day... You do not know how good ur freedom is, until u get in there... That was my experience. What's your take on this?
Re: My Experience Inside The Nigeria Prison by topas100(m): 7:14am On Dec 05, 2013
I am learning!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Inside The Nigeria Prison by tattesco(m): 7:18am On Dec 05, 2013
Hmmmm.
Re: My Experience Inside The Nigeria Prison by sisiafrika(f): 2:17am On Jul 30, 2014
Not a nice thing!

(1) (Reply)

10 Million northerners Most Die To Keep Nigeria ONE-- Gowon / Nigerians Named Amongst 8 superior Groups Of People In the US / Pensions Of Nigerian Ex-governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.