Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? (12715 Views)

Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics / Download Thor 2 / Superman Man Of Steel Zod Mask Makes Zod More Powerful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by ceah(m): 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thor Vs Sango - Who is more Powerful?

The Similarities :
They are both god to men
They both have a substance (Hammer) to command Lightening and Thunder
They are both protector of their Environ
Everything about them is similar in Power
Thor is supposed King of Asgar while Sango is King of Koso

The DIfference:
While Thor is the Creation of the Americans
Sango is the Creation of Africans (Yorubas to be specific).

Who is your favourite btw Thor and Sango ?
And who do you think is more powerful ?

NB: I personally feel Marvel Comic stole the character of Sango as Thor...

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by lirusehn(m): 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
i awlz took 'em 4 same. Buh none get power.
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by ceah(m): 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sango Can Breath Fire
Thor Cant

3 Likes

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
ceah: Thor Vs Sango - Who is more Powerful ?

The Similarities :
They are both god to men

The DIfference:

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
ceah: Thor Vs Sango - Who is more Powerful ?

The Similarities :
They are both god to men

The DIfference:

Thor isn't the creation of Americans,he is a Nors god of the ancient Vikings (Barbarians) hence his brutish nature so technically he is the creation of Europeans
P.S:Marvel didn't still Thor from Shango in anyway.Shango is actually a D.C comics character so is Obatala.
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Rapheal940(m): 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Its TH0R.because if he drops the hammer on Sango it is obvious he wont be able to get up again and den Th0r has him...simple huh?
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by ceah(m): 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
FOOL FINDER:
Thor isn't the creation of Americans,he is a Nors god of the ancient Vikings (Barbarians) hence his brutish nature so technically he is the creation of Europeans
P.S:Marvel didn't still Thor from Shango in anyway.Shango is actually a D.C comics character so is Obatala.

Sango is not a DC Comic.
Sango existed before America...
Get your facts right bro

3 Likes

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Vivly(f): 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thor is fiction. A figment of one's imagination.
Sango is as real as Amadioha. (If it even exists)

2 Likes

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by ceah(m): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
Vivly: Thor is fiction. A figment of one's imagination.
Sango is as real as Amadioha. (If it even exists)

Sango existed, he was one of the forefathers of the yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by AbuMikey(m): 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2013

This is thor

This is Sango

[size=27pt]The Obvious Sango is Stronger wink[/size]

1 Like

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Karleb(m): 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
Y are asking for our opinions when you already knw the answer.
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by crazygod(m): 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
(Singing) if u ask me.... Na who I go ask..... D matter wey u see so.... E heavy 4 mouth....
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by ceah(m): 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Karleb: Y are asking for our opinions when you already knw the answer.

I am not imposing my opinion on you, i just feel sango is stronger and more powerful but i want to hear others ideas and comment about the two entities...

1 Like

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Karleb(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
cry
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
[/quote]No,dude.Thor is a character in Norse legend.According 2 legend,thor is d god of lightening and thunder and son of Odin,king of asgard.
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by ceah(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
d michael:

No,dude.Thor is a character in Norse legend.According 2 legend,thor is d god of lightening and thunder and son of Odin,king of asgard.

ok...Thx
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by kokoA(m): 10:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
The difference between Sango and Thor na packaging..! Lobatan.

3 Likes

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by ceah(m): 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
kokoA: The difference between Sango and Thor na packaging..! Lobatan.

lol...good one

1 Like

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Lionbite(m): 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
The truth is the thor fiction was stolen from naija sango i know it's a long shot but the similarities are too many. And we all know sango existed before thor

2 Likes

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by ceah(m): 8:47am On Dec 24, 2013
Lionbite: The truth is the thor fiction was stolen from naija sango i know it's a long shot but the similarities are too many. And we all know sango existed before thor

Thank you my bro smiley
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by longjohnsilver: 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
Na...

Brb
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by jantavanta(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
Thor in Norse mythology was never a white man. The concept of a God of Thunder & lightning is an African export because the Vikings were Black Diasporans from Africa who settled in Norway.

http://www.beforebc.de/Related.Subjects/Ships.Sea-faring/92-10-825.html
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by An0nimus: 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
ceah: Sango Can Breath Fire
Thor Cant
lmao...Sango rules. Who's the Yoruba version of Loki?gringrin
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 04, 2014
An0nimus:
lmao...Sango rules. Who's the Yoruba version of Loki?gringrin

Loki na obj na grin
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Eberex(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2014
Una just dey blab. The OP highlighted some similar attributes between the two but how many movies have you seen on Sango? How many comics have u read on Sango? Sango never evolved apart from the same person we knew back then? Nothing new, no follow ups! For me I will take Thor because I have read and seen enough to show he is more important than Sango.
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Wisegeek01(m): 12:33am On Jan 09, 2014
FOOL FINDER:

I was just gona say dis same thing, was pretty suprised when i got a DC comic that featured Sango in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Wisegeek01(m): 12:39am On Jan 09, 2014
So what if they stole the concept of thor from sango. .. U still no get evidence !
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by macof(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
Lionbite: The truth is the thor fiction was stolen from naija sango i know it's a long shot but the similarities are too many. And we all know sango existed before thor

Smh...Thor is a germanic God particularly of the Viking tribesmen

Sango is a Yoruba God of the Oyo people, like Amadioha is of the Igbo

all 3 describe the same force of lightening and thunder that keeps the earth
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:48am On Jul 01, 2014
You guys should read up on your histories and stop making unfounded claims. Thor is not even the supreme god of the Vikings, that accolade goes to Odin the Scandinavian God of thunder, a direct equivalent to the famed Greek's Zeus. Odin had two sons: Thor and Loki.
Thor without the iconic hammer is almost insignificant but very powerful whenever he wields the hammer of Thor (Mjolnir). Loki is the god of mischief and deception.

Marvel's screen and comic interpretation of Thor and Loki are inaccurate at best. The real mythologies of the Norse gods are more fantastic and complicated than what you see on TV or read in the comics.

Yoruba's sango mythology have been around for the whole of 800 years give or take, while the Viking's mythology have been around for more than 2000 years. Vikings are one of the earlier civilizations known to man and arguably the oldest in Europe.

Marvel doesn't need to steal any ideal from the Yoruba's concept cuz here is more than enough from the source - Norse Mythology - to give them going for many years to come.

And BTW, Odin is way stronger than Sango, while Thor and Sango might be equal in strength. Loki is smarter than both.

3 Likes

Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by Henuvia1: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2014
now....
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sango is more powerful... *well I don't know why...
Re: Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? by macof(m): 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ray McBlue: You guys should read up on your histories and stop making unfounded claims. Thor is not even the supreme god of the Vikings, that accolade goes to Odin the Scandinavian God of thunder, a direct equivalent to the famed Greek's Zeus. Odin had two sons: Thor and Loki.
Thor without the iconic hammer is almost insignificant but very powerful whenever he wields the hammer of Thor (Mjolnir). Loki is the god of mischief and deception.

Marvel's screen and comic interpretation of Thor and Loki are inaccurate at best. The real mythologies of the Norse gods are more fantastic and complicated than what you see on TV or read in the comics.

Yoruba's sango mythology have been around for the whole of 800 years give or take, while the Viking's mythology have been around for more than 2000 years. Vikings are one of the earlier civilizations known to man and arguably the oldest in Europe.

Marvel doesn't need to steal any ideal from the Yoruba's concept cuz here is more than enough from the source - Norse Mythology - to give them going for many years to come.

And BTW, Odin is way stronger than Sango, while Thor and Sango might be equal in strength. Loki is smarter than both.

Nah...Sango was rebranded say 800yrs ago but the character has been for ages long

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Things We Are Expecting From 'Chief Daddy 2' / Where Can I Download Akeelah And The Bee? / Power Recap: What You Should Know Ahead Of Season 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.