Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,479 members, 7,781,401 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:51 PM

MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. (6199 Views)

My Life In Ozoro Polytechnic / My Ordeal With The Atms In Ilaro, Ogun State. / Before My Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Therock5555(m): 9:19am On Dec 11, 2013
Ramwab94: I've been expecting you since. Abeg, i'll need your joint advise on my updates in order to make it a classic realm; and a dream come true. U sha know dat i'm a learner. Moreso, i'm an engineer. Abeg o... But all the same,, thanks for joining the team

No P sir. Since Mazi don talk make i no too talk too much. Just increase ur pace and give us ur own style of writing. U must not do what others do. Kip it up man
Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Therock5555(m): 9:34am On Dec 11, 2013
Ehen b4 i forget make use of ur spaces well. It makes ur work easier to read and longer.

Chai so na this year u start sef, dat means no bleeping action be that;(
Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Cestmoi1(f): 9:37am On Dec 11, 2013
Fire on....
Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by johnwizey: 10:48am On Dec 13, 2013
sori for d long absence, network no gud for my area coupled with school stress.
Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Ramwab94(m): 12:20am On Aug 07, 2015
After a prolonged One and a half year of abandoning this story due to certain reasons, I'm glad I'm back refined. I hope you guys are still here though.
Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2015
Ramwab94:
After a prolonged One and a half year of abandoning this story due to certain reasons, I'm glad I'm back refined. I hope you guys are still here though.

MAYBE YOU WILL CONTINUE NOW THAT YOURE DONE WITH SCHOOL....
Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Ramwab94(m): 7:05am On Oct 10, 2015
Harjibode:

MAYBE YOU WILL CONTINUE NOW THAT YOURE DONE WITH SCHOOL....
Sure I'd do bro. Stick around.
Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Ramwab94(m): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
***CONTINUATION***
I slept that day with an heart full of succor, happiness and glamour. That I'll finally become a student after the much anticipated wait on the List was actually the reason behind my elation.
Waking up the next day, after a long night, I was very much loved and cared for by my parents, giving credence to my newly elevated studentship status.
3rd December, 2013
It was the day i was billed to travel down to school. I left home very early as I got set for a very long journey. Traveling from Ibadan, Oyo State - Ilaro, Ogun State could be a very laborious job except otherwise. But in my own case anyway, I never mind.
After hitting the road, on a seemingly fast-paced journey, i got to Ilaro garage and jumped unto a bike. The bikeman drove off through Poly Road and dropped me in front of FPI. For the records, this is just the second time I'd be visiting FPI after my Post Utme Examination or so I thought. (Oga Flow1759 no vex say i dey use your cliche o.)
FLASH BACK (The Post Utme Exam)
Filled with happiness and anxiety, I was gradually drifting into subconsciousness as I exaggerated how my exams would be. I will read and read and read. Revise my notes, practise past questions, analyse tutorials etc all in prep for the FPI post utme exams looming ahead. I printed my acknowledgment slip and I got to know that i was fixed for Friday, August 31st, 2015. The D-day came but i'd then gone to stay with a brother Edris. (Do you remember him? You sure should, provided you read the begining of this story)
On the exam day, I was brimming with confidence as I proclaimed to myself: "Wahab, common, GO AND CATCH YOUR FUN!". We were driven into the campus after the Security Operatives had checked our Acknowledgement Slips, in loads. After which we entered the campus shuttle which conveyed us all to West Campus of the school. We got to the Block allotted for our various departments. I entered BLOCK AH, only to meet the full glare of Thousands of Post Utme Candidates, just like i'm one. I settled down and got ready for the exams. 30mins in, no exam script. 45mins gone, nothing. I later got to know that the exam was fixed for 11am. It was then I dropped my head on the table and slept a soft sleep. I slept and woke some mins to 11am and then reorganized myself. The exams finally began. It lasted 1hr 30mins, 50questions on an OBJ, OMR Sheet. Maths, English, Physics Chemistry and Biology were the subject combo. I walked my ass out on those Mathematics Questions but got little out of them. Exam is over. But who sigh? I completed answering the questions.
We drove out of the halls in rows as we chatted our way out of the Campus.
After a week, the results were released and guess what? I passed! 62% isn't quite bad a score. Is it?
BACK TO REALITY!
I proceed to the Multipurpose Hall to commence my Registrations. Getting there, I was aghast as i saw a lot of newly admitted peeps in there. I scrambled among the large number of freshers searching for Electrical Department. After a lot of up-and-down-walks, i sighted the goddamn department on the podium where a fairly old man in glasses sat, painstakingly attending to loads of other freshers. Now, let the Registration begin.
***To be Continued...
Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ramwab94:
Sure I'd do bro. Stick around.

Hope you done with your project, Still On Ours As You Can See, Na We Dey Do Poly Work
Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Ramwab94(m): 8:55am On Oct 12, 2015
Harjibode:

Hope you done with your project, Still On Ours As You Can See, Na We Dey Do Poly Work
Been doing a hell of work on my projectwork too. Just rounding up Chapter 5. Still on Campus anyway.

1 Like

Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by flow1759: 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ramwab94:
***CONTINUATION***
I slept that day with an heart full of succor, happiness and glamour. That I'll finally become a student after the much anticipated wait on the List was actually the reason behind my elation.
Waking up the next day, after a long night, I was very much loved and cared for by my parents, giving credence to my newly elevated studentship status.
3rd December, 2013
It was the day i was billed to travel down to school. I left home very early as I got set for a very long journey. Traveling from Ibadan, Oyo State - Ilaro, Ogun State could be a very laborious job except otherwise. But in my own case anyway, I never mind.
After hitting the road, on a seemingly fast-paced journey, i got to Ilaro garage and jumped unto a bike. The bikeman drove off through Poly Road and dropped me in front of FPI. For the records, this is just the second time I'd be visiting FPI after my Post Utme Examination or so I thought. (Oga Flow1759 no vex say i dey use your cliche o.)
FLASH BACK (The Post Utme Exam)
Filled with happiness and anxiety, I was gradually drifting into subconsciousness as I exaggerated how my exams would be. I will read and read and read. Revise my notes, practise past questions, analyse tutorials etc all in prep for the FPI post utme exams looming ahead. I printed my acknowledgment slip and I got to know that i was fixed for Friday, August 31st, 2015. The D-day came but i'd then gone to stay with a brother Edris. (Do you remember him? You sure should, provided you read the begining of this story)
On the exam day, I was brimming with confidence as I proclaimed to myself: "Wahab, common, GO AND CATCH YOUR FUN!". We were driven into the campus after the Security Operatives had checked our Acknowledgement Slips, in loads. After which we entered the campus shuttle which conveyed us all to West Campus of the school. We got to the Block allotted for our various departments. I entered BLOCK AH, only to meet the full glare of Thousands of Post Utme Candidates, just like i'm one. I settled down and got ready for the exams. 30mins in, no exam script. 45mins gone, nothing. I later got to know that the exam was fixed for 11am. It was then I dropped my head on the table and slept a soft sleep. I slept and woke some mins to 11am and then reorganized myself. The exams finally began. It lasted 1hr 30mins, 50questions on an OBJ, OMR Sheet. Maths, English, Physics Chemistry and Biology were the subject combo. I walked my ass out on those Mathematics Questions but got little out of them. Exam is over. But who sigh? I completed answering the questions.
We drove out of the halls in rows as we chatted our way out of the Campus.
After a week, the results were released and guess what? I passed! 62% isn't quite bad a score. Is it?
BACK TO REALITY!
I proceed to the Multipurpose Hall to commence my Registrations. Getting there, I was aghast as i saw a lot of newly admitted peeps in there. I scrambled among the large number of freshers searching for Electrical Department. After a lot of up-and-down-walks, i sighted the goddamn department on the podium where a fairly old man in glasses sat, painstakingly attending to loads of other freshers. Now, let the Registration begin.
***To be Continued...

Carry on! you be my paddy

1 Like

Re: MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. by Ramwab94(m): 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
^^oga plow. I sight you o. Thank you peri much my brother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Celebrate D.O Fagunwa Annually —wole Adedoyin / Nairaland Literature Award 2017 / My Book Of Inspiration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.