Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Doctor In The House - Cardiologist - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House - Cardiologist (1550 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by philphy: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,

Greetings to you all. I have had a long hiatus from this site and have only recently rejoined.

I am a UK and Canadian based cardiologist who is looking to heard back home. I've made several visits and been involved in some activities you may have come across on the news such as the cardiac procedures performed in UCH in July and the open heart surgery performed at UCH in October. We are planning to do more cases in January.

I am offering to be an opinion for any individual or family member who needs a cardiology opinion whether adult or paediatric. I'm happy to provide verification of my qualifications etc if required.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by 1stola: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
I just need a job. That's all.
I am a laboratory Technologist. grin
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by obyrich(m): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
What's ccf 2nd degree?
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by philphy: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
CCF usually refers to congestive cardiac failure....can I ask why the question??
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by pimplucious: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
Recently found out we only have few hospitals that have facilities to carry out cardiac catherterization and angioplasty and stenting when my dad had a heart problem just recently.

Although the procedure was successful but he was however placed on a concoction of drugs for the rest of his life. My concern is, does he actually have to keep taking these drugs for life?
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by philphy: 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello Pimp_lucious,

Can I ask where your father had his angioplasty and also what drugs he was placed on??

If he had coronary angioplasty and was placed on a concoction of drugs, he absolutely has to take the drugs for the rest of his life. There may be one of the drugs that is stopped after 3months if he had a bare metal stent or 12 months if he had a drug eluting stent.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by obyrich(m): 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
philphy: CCF usually refers to congestive cardiac failure....can I ask why the question??

I need more insight. My elder brother was diagnosed with the ailment. I just need to know more about it so I can be of help.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by pimplucious: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
philphy: Hello Pimp_lucious,

Can I ask where your father had his angioplasty and also what drugs he was placed on??

If he had coronary angioplasty and was placed on a concoction of drugs, he absolutely has to take the drugs for the rest of his life. There may be one of the drugs that is stopped after 3months if he had a bare metal stent or 12 months if he had a drug eluting stent.

Thanks for ur prompt response. He did it at reddington hospital in Victoria island. One Dr. Yemi Johnson performed the surgery.

Here are the list of drugs he was asked to keep taking. 1. Lisinopril 5mg daily, 2. Amlodine 5mg half dailt, 3. Rosuvastatine 10mg daily, 4. Clopidogrel (Plavix) 75mg daily, 5. Vasoprin 75mg daily, 6. Isodril 5mg daily sublingual PRN.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by philphy: 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thanks for your response.

Congestive cardiac failure is not really a diagnosis but rather a sign of something else. Congestive cardiac failure can be caused by severeal things:

Heart valve problems
Electrical heart problems
Coronary artery problems
Inflammation of the heart muscle wall
Congenital cardiac problems
Metabolic problems
Heart lining problems

This is a small list which is by no means exhaustive.

If the heart failure is severe then this is very serious as severe heart failure is associated with early mortality. The importance of a thorough evaluation by a cardiologist is that there are some causes which can be treated which can make the heart normal again and allow one to live and full and normal life.
Can I ask how old is your brother and how he was diagnosed and where he is being treated?? You can send me an email with your number or his number and I can speak to him and try and find out what the problem is and see if there is something we can do to help him.

Thanks for your message.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by obyrich(m): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
philphy: Thanks for your response.

Congestive cardiac failure is not really a diagnosis but rather a sign of something else. Congestive cardiac failure can be caused by severeal things:

Heart valve problems
Electrical heart problems
Coronary artery problems
Inflammation of the heart muscle wall
Congenital cardiac problems
Metabolic problems
Heart lining problems

This is a small list which is by no means exhaustive.

If the heart failure is severe then this is very serious as severe heart failure is associated with early mortality. The importance of a thorough evaluation by a cardiologist is that there are some causes which can be treated which can make the heart normal again and allow one to live and full and normal life.
Can I ask how old is your brother and how he was diagnosed and where he is being treated?? You can send me an email with your number or his number and I can speak to him and try and find out what the problem is and see if there is something we can do to help him.

Thanks for your message.
Thanks for the response. He's 36. He's treated at UNTH, ENUGU. I'll send you mail within the week.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by philphy: 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
36 is very young for congestive heart failure and usually means there is a higher likelihood of something being treatable as compared to an older person although there are also causes for which no definitive treatment is available.

Please send me all available details including results of scans, blood tests, chest x-rays and any doctors letters. You can scan these and send them to me by email: tosinmajek@doctors.org.uk.

I will be happy to provide any advice necessary.

Thanks for your communication
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by tyagipooja: 8:08am On Feb 11, 2019
If you are looking for best cardiologist in india then you can find it on Credihealth website, also check appointment fee, patient feedback, and reviews, OPD schedule, address, contact number of best cardiologist in India. We provide medical services in various cities in India like Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Jaipur, Chennai etc.

Get the benefit of Crediplus membership of 1-year at 199/ – Only. Call Credihealth @+91-8010994994 and we will book your appointment online.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by rajkf: 7:07am On Feb 14, 2019
Searching for best "cardiologist near me" in India, visit the website of Credihealth and book appointments online with the famous doctors across India.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by poojagera: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2019
Hello Everyone if you are looking best [=https://www.credihealth.com/doctors/bangalore/cardiology]cardiologist in Bangalore[/url] credihealth will help you book an appointment with best doctor's and hospital

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by rachaelNO: 12:54pm On Feb 27, 2019
smiley
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by rachaelNO: 10:57am On Feb 28, 2019
very good
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by tyagipooja: 8:14am On Mar 18, 2019
Are you looking for the best cardiac surgeon in Delhi? Don’t delay before it gets too late. Contact credihealth for budget-friendly medical treatment in Delhi, an appointment with the best doctor in Delhi at the right hospital.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by OliviaNell: 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
The doctor-Andrea Natale cardiologist, is engaged in the study, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system. Given the fact that a cardiologist treats the most important organ of a person, on the work of which the viability of the entire body depends, he has a very big responsibility to patients and must have a high level of knowledge, constantly improve his skills.
Re: Doctor In The House - Cardiologist by emmy001: 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
Good Day Dr, what type of supplement can you recommend for someone having problem of HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE of over 150/100 age 39, without side effect please.. your response would be appreciated. thanx

(1) (Reply)

True Life Story = Dear Doctors, Be Kind To Each Other. / Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Cough / 6 Facts About Ovulation Every Woman Must Know!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.