Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected (11164 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi Others To Earn N485m Yearly / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / I Betrayed Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Others- Gov. LAMIDO Admits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by LocalChamp: 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Tukur says Amaechi, others have not defected

December 5, 2013 by Sunday Aborisade 96 Comments

The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, on Wednesday said he was not aware of any member of the PDP defecting to another party.

Tukur said this while fielding questions from journalists after meeting behind closed doors with the PDP Senate caucus and the Central Working Committee of the party.

Aggrieved members of the PDP in the Senate such as Bukola Saraki, Shaaba Lafiaji, Wilson Ake, Danjuma Goje, Ali Ndume, Adamu Abdullahi, Magnus Abe, Hassan Barata, Jubrin Bindo and Aishat Al-Hassan, did not attend the meeting which lasted about four hours.

But Tukur said the meeting was silent on the reported issue of defection because it (meeting) was a family talk aimed at reviewing the activities of the party.

He said, “We did not talk about people who want to go or stay (defection) I came here because this is the first time I am coming to meet my family members; they are my members.”

Tukur explained that the need for the entrenchment of democracy, discipline and good governance formed the basis of his message to the senators during the meeting.

Asked if it was an earlier visit to the National Assembly by the defunct New PDP that informed his decision to meet the senators, he replied , “Of course not, this is PDP and there is no other PDP.”

Also asked whether he discussed the impact of the defection of five PDP governors to the All Progressives Congress, Tukur said, “Have they defected? they have not gone yet.”

The five governors are Rotimi Amechi (Rivers); Murtala Nyako (Adamawa); Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano); Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara); and Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto).

Tukur, had before journalists were excused from the meeting, explained that he was in the Senate to fraternise and exchange ideas with the PDP senators on how they could continue to work together as one family.

Tukur also acknowledged the challenges facing the party but said that they were surmountable “because PDP is one family working together towards achieving a common goal.”

The President of the Senate, David Mark, who led the PDP senators to the meeting,also admitted that the party was facing some challenges.

But he said that the party was capable of addressing the issues like a family matter.

Mark said, “We admit we have some challenges in the party . It is expected in a big party like PDP . It is not unusual. We are equal to the challenges as a party . Hopefully , we shall come out of the crisis stronger.”

He also assured the National Working Committee of the party that the PDP senators were united in one accord and working together to ensure that the transformation agenda was carried out to its logical conclusion .

The Senate leader, Senator Victor Ndoma -Egba, said, “We discussed issues affecting members of the PDP Senate Caucus and the national chairman listened attentively and responded and gave us words of reassurance.

“They are domestic issues; you don’t expect me to come and discuss domestic issues in public. They are issues that affect the members of the party in the Senate.”

Ndoma – Egba also said the issue of defection was not discussed at the meeting.

He said, “The issue of defection never came up and I can say it categorically that no senator has indicated that he is going anywhere. So, the issue never came up.”

On automatic ticket for senators in 2015, Ndoma-Egba said, “We discussed the provisions of the constitution and emphasised democracy.

“Our party is called Peoples Democratic Party and we reminded ourselves that we must be democratic at all times .We had a useful meeting with our national chairman.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/tukur-says-amaechi-others-have-not-defected/
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Icareless(m): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
BRB make I go confirm 1st from Gov Amaechi if na true be4 I reply
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by iamswizz(m): 9:40am On Dec 06, 2013
ok
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Okijajuju1(m): 9:41am On Dec 06, 2013
No Comments
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by nairaman66(m): 9:41am On Dec 06, 2013
What else can sick Tukur Say.. Old man seeking attention!
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2013
First, he said they should go but this recent statement shows that he never wanted them to go. This man is GEJ's problem, a huge sycophant.
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by crystalballs: 9:42am On Dec 06, 2013
Who is fooling who?
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by shegzy4luv(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by SolarWizard: 9:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Politics!
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Peetar3117(m): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2013
Booked
israel007: APC Go and die.
E dey pain u sey ur papa no dey politics Abi wetin...
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Shollyps(m): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2013
WHO CARES?HW DOS DAT MAKE ASUU TO CALLOFF STRIKE

Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by 9jahubcom(m): 9:47am On Dec 06, 2013
k
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Shollyps(m): 9:47am On Dec 06, 2013
OLD MAN GO HOME U RE DRUNK
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by obeenah40(m): 9:47am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Pattey(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2013
First, they (G7 peeps) were told they could leave if they wanted cos they 'won't be missed', NOW Daddy Tukur is stylishly saying 'they can't leave', well, their departure 'is yet to be recognized'. . .

When will these people ever make up their minds, man up, be principled, let us know what they stand for and ACT according to their utterances?
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by alaoeri: 9:50am On Dec 06, 2013
TribalEAST: First, he said they should go but this recent statement shows that he never wanted them to go. This man is GEJ's problem, a huge sycophant.
Sycophant of the highest order, the likes of Tukur, Okupe etc are ill-advicing our trainee president.
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Jeel: 9:52am On Dec 06, 2013
This guy get faith o!
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by israel007: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2013
APC Go and die.
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by wasiudvd(m): 10:06am On Dec 06, 2013
“because PDP is one family working together towards achieving a common goal.”

Which goal? Own-goal! Mtcheew!
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by omajali2003(m): 10:11am On Dec 06, 2013
Tukur should learn to be Mandela if he wants to be taken seriously.
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by omajali2003(m): 10:11am On Dec 06, 2013
Tukur should learn to be Mandela if he wants to be taken seriously

1 Like

Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Ghadafy(m): 10:31am On Dec 06, 2013
Tukur is tripping.
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by curtain: 10:33am On Dec 06, 2013
You can leave PDP but don't go with the house it built for you, leave the office and go in peace. grin

1 Like

Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by muktarmtt(m): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2013
israel007: APC Go and die.
hahaha u r sick man
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by deletrue: 10:41am On Dec 06, 2013
Just heard the announcement from my car radio while on my to Lagos about fifteen minutes ago that the resumption date for the Delta State University is now 8th December, 2013. Mr. uzor, Secretary to the Senate made the announcement. According to the news their end of year break will be 24th December. lucky Delsu students.
But what is happening to ASUU?
Please do not describe the thread as derail. I think it is an important notice.
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Demdem(m): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Madness is beginning to set in for this old cargo.
Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Ghadafy(m): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2013
stevedure:
Am NOT supprise u recognise drunkards so easily. what more can i say wen u lived with a drunkard as a father all through ur life. Congrates, sniffing dog of drunkards and firstborn child of a drunkard!
For the topic, Turkur is right cos the 2 parties are yet 2 sign their agreement. Same greedy reason dat took dem there will still bring dem back. PDP rules in Nigeria 4 another 50yrs!

Don't be too harsh on him, must you insult his father? I don't think you have proper upbringing.

2 Likes

Re: Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected by Masanto: 10:49am On Dec 06, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP / Zahra Buhari' Post Concerning Her Father's Health Condition(pic) / AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq: EFCC Saved Us From Inheriting Empty Treasury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.