Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Nelson Mandela Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nelson Mandela Is Dead (65813 Views)

Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' / Nelson Mandela Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Ilekokonit: 12:44am On Dec 06, 2013
An Angel has left us
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 06, 2013
obadiah777: God created Mandela. that trumps whatever you can come up with about Mandela grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy God didn't create $hit. Your God claims he created man from "dust".

From which material did he create our bones? Cos our bones don't become dust when we die. undecided

And our flesh sometimes don't become dust either, depending on the soil topology in which we were buried. undecided

You should read more science books cos your bible is only making you sound stu.pid. Mandela is greater than your God. Sucks right? grin grin
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by phemmyjohnson: 12:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Nelson Mandela, Anti-apartheid
Icon And Father Of Modern South
Africa, Dies-CNN
Nelson Mandela endured 27 years
in prison before becoming South
Africa's first president from 1994
to 1999. He remains an emblem of
the fight against apartheid, the
country's system of racial
segregation. Nelson Mandela
endured 27 years in prison before
becoming South Africa's first
president from 1994 to 1999. He
remains an emblem of the fight
against apartheid, the country's
system of racial segregation.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by jenniffer18: 12:45am On Dec 06, 2013
rudedough:

Did you not read the quote I was replying to? Or you just want to attack me for talking down on your God.

Here is the post from your Christian brother.

If you Christians don't like Atheists talking down on your God, then don't refer Atheists to your God. Respect is reciprocal.
Ppl like you are the ones that sold us blacks and you don't have any respect hope when you died others feel the same way about you cause you're Notting but a piece of waste to humanity
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by kadas01(m): 12:45am On Dec 06, 2013
May The Good Lord shine your path and send Help to you on your way back home sir.......I wish you strength Sir Madiba.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by zeen007: 12:47am On Dec 06, 2013
may is soul rest in peace with the lord.click on this link to make good and clean money just for browsing the net.http:///1kg8Z7E
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 06, 2013
rudedough:

cheesy cheesy cheesy God didn't create $hit. Your God claims he created man from "dust".

From which material did he create our bones? Cos our bones don't become dust when we die. undecided

And our flesh sometimes don't become dust either, depending on the soil topology in which we were buried. undecided

You should read more science books cos your bible is only making you sound stu.pid. Mandela is greater than your God. Sucks right? grin grin
ashes to ashes and dust to dust my nigga. you slippin lipsrsealed
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by phemmyjohnson: 12:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Mandela bent history towards
justice, says #Obama
Obama said #Mandela, in his
journey from a “prisoner to a
president,” transformed South
Africa and “moved all of us.”
“He achieved more than could be
expected of any man.”
“Today he’s gone home and we’ve
lost one of the most influential,
courageous and profoundly good
human beings that any of us will
share time with on this Earth.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by philphy: 12:49am On Dec 06, 2013
This is a sad and tragic day!

This man has always been an inspiration to me and ever since I read his book "Long Walk to Freedom", I have been fascinated by him. It was solely because of him that I visited South Africa in 2001 and spent nearly 3 months in that beautiful country.

He has made such an impact on me that I have made life choices that he inspired namely, that it is more important to live for others that simply for oneself. It is an ideal I hope I will be able to live up to and if I achieve only a minute fraction of the difference and inspiration that he provided, it would have been worth it.

God bless his Soul and may he rest in peace!

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP to one of the greatest man of all time. A sad day indeed.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 06, 2013
jenniffer18:
Ppl like you are the ones that sold us blacks and you don't have any respect hope when you died others feel the same way about you cause you're Notting but a piece of waste to humanity

Wow... what a wonderful way to show God's love. I didn't see Jesus calling sinners like myself a waste to humanity. grin grin
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 06, 2013
eGuerrilla: Fairwell black pimpernel.

Hail up Hani, Sobukwe, Sisulu, Biko, Tambo, Machel, Neto and other frontline soldiers that are too numerous to mention, over on the other side.

I need to find some liquor for libation... wink

Comrade, I had to join you in paying homage to the great Madiba. The people's hero/champion and an African legend. Africa's own Martin Luther King Jr. Apostle of integration, co-existence and unity of the human race. Madiba gave South Africans and Africans something to stand on with the compromise. And as we move forward, we need to bring back the ghost of Steven Bantu Biko - to continue the journey from where he stopped.

Nkosi Sikelel Africa
Malup hakanyiswu phondolwayo
Yiswa imithanda zo yethu
Nkosi Sikelela
Thina lusapolwayo

R.I.P, Sir. cool

PS: Darn!! It's fun watching Ben Okri talk about Madiba on BBC 2. Ben Okri is a star in that black militant beret!!! David Lammy was on before him but he made me cringe. grin
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by taharqa: 12:55am On Dec 06, 2013
The Great Mandiba, ADIU.... Lost for word, *crying*
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by phemmyjohnson: 12:56am On Dec 06, 2013
Mandela one of history’s ‘greatest
liberators, says Jonathan
President Jonathan, said “Mandela
will always be remembered and
honoured by all mankind as one
of its greatest liberators, a wise,
courageous and compassionate
leader, and an icon of true
democracy.”
He described the former South
African president “as a source of
inspiration to the oppressed
peoples all over the world.”

3 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 06, 2013
I hope those who rule naija will learn from this rare gem of our time. He suffered for the truth and dignity of humanity. He spent 27 years in prison for no crime.

He came, saw and conquered. He forgave his jailers. He showed luv where there was hate. He united South Africans of all colours. A man of peace.

This man loved his people. He reconciled his nation. He died a hero.

Nigeria, where is thine hero? Where is the one who will unite the east, west, south and north? When will the man of the people take the centre stage? Who among us will seize this moment to rise to the challenges facing our nation? Who will stop this blood shed and rot in our polity? Questions? Questions?? Questions

Lord send us our own Mandela.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by fharrisonfort(m): 12:56am On Dec 06, 2013
the world has lost an iconic leader. A MAN who took History in his hands and bent the arc of the moral universe towards justice
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by vanitty: 12:56am On Dec 06, 2013
Rest in peace x
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP Mandela, you lived an eventful life. May the angels welcome you with open arms on the other side.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 06, 2013
obadiah777: ashes to ashes and dust to dust my nigga. you slippin lipsrsealed

Is your God now recommending cremation to proof his thesis of ashes to ashes since dust to dust didn't work? grin grin

Like I'll always say, respect other people's choice of religion so that they can respect yours. All these wouldn't have happened if you had not commented on my simple post of condolence with this nonsense.

obadiah777: so you would respect the dead but not God ? weirdo
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by juman(m): 1:01am On Dec 06, 2013
Big loss.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 06, 2013
Rest In Peace, My 2nd Role Model After My Dad. May Your Wonderful Soul Continue to Rest in Perfect Peace. We Love You But God Loves You Most. RIP the GREAT ONE.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by fharrisonfort(m): 1:03am On Dec 06, 2013
i'm poud to share this 13th of july with you, RIP my Hero
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Cheriepet: 1:03am On Dec 06, 2013
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace...

sleep well MADIBA
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 1:04am On Dec 06, 2013
I doesn't believe you,shows me the picture of his dead
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Jazzgreen(m): 1:04am On Dec 06, 2013
how else can I express it, so heavy in my heart,
heavier than a thousand bricks. adieu the great
one, farewell and journey mercy back home. RIP
NELSON MANDELA

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Kamdi2013: 1:06am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP! He has left his mark, may we also leave ours before we depart.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by seangy4konji: 1:07am On Dec 06, 2013
rip BOSS...WISH PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN CONTROL MY COUNTRY!!!
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by brinell(m): 1:08am On Dec 06, 2013
A great light has ascended. The Inspiration lives on- Nelson Mandela.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 1:10am On Dec 06, 2013
Nelson Mandela was a great man...

He'll be missed

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by gothrones(m): 1:12am On Dec 06, 2013
obadiah777: stick to the topic. we talking about Mandela. of course God created hitler

proverbs 16 vs 4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
I was replying to your comment; also, what has your comment got to do with Mandela dying? At least, you do recognize that your God is both good and evil, a contradiction.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by XLR8(m): 1:12am On Dec 06, 2013
;Dwhat?? na orisun fm wey pick am first grin

rip to da great man
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by stantob(m): 1:14am On Dec 06, 2013
Death is an expected end. R.I.P. Great one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) / Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) / Donald Trump Reacts To Impeachment: They Are Not After Me, They Are After You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.