Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating (15142 Views)

Microsoft To Replace Internet Explorer With A New Web Browser, 'spartan'. / Meet Cortana By Microsoft / Nokia's Handset Business Bought By Microsoft For €5.44bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by infonubia(m): 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-W__DfkBsFFE/UqDw3a0fZDI/AAAAAAAADYw/--frM3vbaG8/s640/smart-bra.jpg[/img]

While Google, Samsung, and Apple are busy with smartphones, smartwatches, and smartglasses, Microsoft has been working on bringing artificial intelligence to a wearable device that's a little bit more intimate - a new 'smart' bra for women!

The giant tech company has developed a smart-bra that its researchers say is used to help prevent women from over-eating when stressed.

The hi-tech bra measures the wearer’s heart rate and breathing and alerts them when their stress levels are rising by sending a Bluetooth alert to their smartphone.

Senior Microsoft researcher Mary Czerwinski hopes the bra will make women think twice before opening the fridge.

‘It’s mostly women who are emotional over-eaters and it turns out a bra is perfect for measuring the heart,’ she told Discovery News.

‘We tried to do the same thing for men’s underwear but it was too far away.’

Reaction to the bra on Twitter ranged from amusement to annoyance.Microsoft develops ‘smart’ bra

"Anyone else offended that Microsoft is devoting its tech research to a bra designed to prevent women from overeating?" tweeted a Seattle woman whose Twitter handle is @cunningminx.

Added Rachel Happe of Boston, "If nothing else convinces you we need more women in tech, this should. No, I don't want someone hacking my bra..."

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/05/microsoft-smart-bra-will-stop-women-from-overeating-4217113/

Is technology taking things a bit too far or is this a welcomed development? Have your say!

Source - http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/microsoft-develops-smart-bra-to-prevent.html
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Holuwahphemy(m): 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2013

11 Likes

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by infonubia(m): 11:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Holuwahphemy:

Its almost unimaginable, right?

1 Like

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
I hope the users won't be at risk of having breast cancer.

5 Likes

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by infonubia(m): 11:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
kolawaxxy: I hope the users won't be at risk of having breast cancer.
Another valid point!

1 Like

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by sisiafrika(f): 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Smart bra, wow, sounds bright. Interesting

1 Like

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by infonubia(m): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
s!s! afrika:
Smart bra, wow, sounds bright. Interesting
It seem like you are cool with the idea. Nice!
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by sisiafrika(f): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
infonubia:
It seem like you are cool with the idea. Nice!
'No I dont want someone hacking my bra...'
lols, Im cool with it really, just that, I doubt its availability in the 3rd worlds, talk more of affordability.

3 Likes

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by infonubia(m): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
s!s! afrika:

'No I dont want someone hacking my bra...'
lols, Im cool with it really, just that, I doubt its availability in the 3rd worlds, talk more of affordability.
Yeah....it's not available for commercial use yet. I think they released the research results to sample opinion on the invention. So far, there's been more criticism than kudos.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by sisiafrika(f): 3:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
infonubia:
Yeah....it's not available for commercial use yet. I think they released the research results to sample opinion on the invention. So far, there's been more criticism than kudos.
hmm, interesting.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by jeamie(m): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2013
infonubia: [img]http://4.bp..com/-W__DfkBsFFE/UqDw3a0fZDI/AAAAAAAADYw/--frM3vbaG8/s640/smart-bra.jpg[/img]

While Google, Samsung, and Apple are busy with smartphones, smartwatches, and smartglasses, Microsoft has been working on bringing artificial intelligence to a wearable device that's a little bit more intimate - a new 'smart' bra for women!

The giant tech company has developed a smart-bra that its researchers say is used to help prevent women from over-eating when stressed.

The hi-tech bra measures the wearer’s heart rate and breathing and alerts them when their stress levels are rising by sending a Bluetooth alert to their smartphone.

Senior Microsoft researcher Mary Czerwinski hopes the bra will make women think twice before opening the fridge.

‘It’s mostly women who are emotional over-eaters and it turns out a bra is perfect for measuring the heart,’ she told Discovery News.

‘We tried to do the same thing for men’s underwear but it was too far away.’

Reaction to the bra on Twitter ranged from amusement to annoyance.Microsoft develops ‘smart’ bra

"Anyone else offended that Microsoft is devoting its tech research to a bra designed to prevent women from overeating?" tweeted a Seattle woman whose Twitter handle is @cunningminx.

Added Rachel Happe of Boston, "If nothing else convinces you we need more women in tech, this should. No, I don't want someone hacking my bra..."

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/05/microsoft-smart-bra-will-stop-women-from-overeating-4217113/

Is technology taking things a bit too far or is this a welcomed development? Have your say!

Source - http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/microsoft-develops-smart-bra-to-prevent.html
wonders sha neva end
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by pboiskinpy(m): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nna this oyibos no go kill person oooo.....beware of 'chinko-bra' though...

2 Likes

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by tolextony(m): 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
‘We tried to do the same thing for men’s
underwear but it was too far away.’

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by jeamie(m): 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
infonubia:

Its almost unimaginable, right?
wait a min...dnt tell me datz ur dad..u neva tld me he ws an ifa priest..
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nonsense angry .

Cancer, shock, stroke...

1 Like

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by oubi: 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nairaland pls can't I just say b.reast
For goodness sake what is bosom cancer

9 Likes

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by mazizitonene(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
Brb....Ehen, is dis 4 real ...lyk seriously....naija babes no go gree wear am now....boys will just dedicate sites/blogs to hack d system grin..
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by jonescyras(m): 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Emelcee: 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
Its a lie, dnt tell me its not true?
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by nakwe(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
OK o. Me dey expect Smart Smart boxers now o.

2 Likes

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
nice technology. ARE guys permitted to buy them for their FAT girl friends too? grin
GUYS QUICKLY CHECK OUT THESE BAAAD FOLDABLE LENOVO LAPTOPS FROM #54,000 ONLY!!
CHECK THEM OUT HERE>>>

http:///laptops?k_id=nigeria&brand=83773
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by nakwe(m): 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
OK o. Me dey expect Smart Smart boxers now o, wey go dey measure grin
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by IamDrock(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by abduldope(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
SmArt bRA ? If water touch am e go bcm WASTE na

1 Like

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Adex097: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
I will buy this for ma future "smart" gf grin
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Eyop: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2013
Smart brazillian Bra grin grin
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
How the maintainance go come be now..?

I no advice women to use dis thing...

Imagine bluetooth for bre.ast... Ani ri ina ni kanga o...
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Aspetta(f): 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
Ok. But won't the alert alert shock? Just saying...
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by GetGuide: 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Iwittler(m): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nawa ooo;;;vry soon na smart penis N small boobs go follow;;;;deranged physic
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Samcathe: 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
I dont think this makes any sense..
It will definitely have a side effect like breast cancer...
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by greatwaters: 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
Just like this post for no damn reason.
But if you are looking for a reason, well, here's one:
I AM NOT FIRST TO COMMENT.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spacex CEO Elon Musk To Send Japanese Billionaire To The Moon On It’s New Rocket / How Can I Connect My TV To External Speakers? / 5 Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Use Wifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.