Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend (5438 Views)

Prices of Quality Aluminum Roofing Sheets, Get it Cheaper, Call 0813 834 26 42 / Call Olabisi On 07055303533 For Your Stone Coated Roof Tile / Best Quality Stone Coated Steel Roofing Tile From China--------new Sunlight Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by luckyme9(f): 6:22am On Jul 26, 2008
Please tell me which one is better, Terazo or Tiles. Please explian your view.
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by laralash: 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2008
I'd go with Tiles- modern/contemporary
Though terrazzo is (more) durable

However, depending on use of the property .e.g if owner occupier, I'd go with marble tiles. If it was going to be tenanted to the medium/high end market, go with marble tiles still. However, if it is low cost housing, I'd do terrazzo but then I don't live in Nigeria though visit often so someone living there might have another opinion.

And congratulations , assuming you're building a house.
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by HRhotness(f): 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2008
Depends on what type of tiles really

Terrazo is more popular due to cost and durability, there are even ways of making it look good.

Plastic tiles are a complet waste of time unless that is all u can afford,  ( i take it, u didnt have this in mind when u were talking about tiles)

Ceramic tiles look way better and don't do badly interms of cost. (depending on the design and quality). they can also be quite durable depending on what they are subjected to

Marble tiles ultimately are the best in terms of looks and they quite easily match terrazo interms of durability. cost is the major issue tho
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by luckyme9(f): 6:42am On Jul 27, 2008
Thanks guys, based on the little research I did when I was in Lagos, Both terazo and tiles are going to cost about the same amount. Talk about the Mable Tiles, I saw them somewhere in the hotel, I think that can work for me in the front rooms and the master bedroom and step it down a little bit in the rest of the house "you know what I mean"
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by HRhotness(f): 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2008
As weird as this may sound, I'm not a great fan of marble tiles. . .  pure waste if you ask me

I've found cermaic tiles that look as good as marble if not better, they cost less plus u get more variety with the type of look u can achieve. You can even get the marble look alike  grin
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by erratic: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2008
My guy, go for glazed ceramics. Durable, shines like glass for sitting room(s) and more open places. You can apply terrazo to the bed rooms.Even if its going to be tenanted. Difference in cost isnt much. To your big adantage in the long term.
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by Ilelobola: 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2008
If you are going with marble, try to do all parts of the house up nice (if you can afford it) you'd be happy you did in the long term.
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by Ilelobola: 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2008
And I say "do it up nice" I meant might as well have marble in all the rooms.
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by cgift(m): 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
use original marbles instead of tiles. tiles hv a way of breaking up with time and loosing their finness. i am already thinking of buying rug soon to cover my terrazo.
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by tEsLim(m): 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2008
Terrazo's are kinda old skool. I remember my parents house floor sad sad I dont like terrazos. Mables/Glazed tiles are nice smiley .
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by abujabooks(f): 10:40am On Sep 04, 2008
Tile is better.
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by icemann(m): 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2008
Marble is the best but expensive
U can get a China made marble for the same price as an expensive european tile(or even cheaper)
the problem with the chinese marble is the thickness and the colour differences
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by eugymuna: 1:55pm On May 14, 2013
i just rented an apartment, with bare floor, since is not my house tiles re ruled out, my challenge now is either to put rug or fix a well designed plastic tile which is not expensive, . i would ve considered rug but cos i ve kids accidental pouring of fluids could make it smell with time. so ineed advice on the best floor covering for my rented apartment
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by FastShipping: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
Good thread.
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by Eyop: 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
FastShipping: Good thread.

Chief trying to revive an old beautiful thread cheesy
Re: Terazo Or Tile, What Would You Recomend by drkay(m): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Op, am currently in ur shoe.

(1) (Reply)

HURRY! Enjoy Bulk Discount On All Concrete Materials For Your Foundation / ………luxury 2 And 3 Bedroom Apartments At Ikate Lekki ( Mufasa Apartments) / Qatar Work Visa Enquiry.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.