Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:32 PM

**The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode (2616 Views)

Professor Kaita - "Why I Intervened In Buhari’s Certificate Saga" / The Nerve Of Lawal Kaita And The Shame Of Junaid Mohammed, By Femi Fani-kayode / A Northerner Must Emerge In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide- Lawal Kaita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

**The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by dgitrader(m): 5:00am On Dec 06, 2013
THE NERVE OF KAITA AND THE SHAME OF MOHAMMED
From Facebook page
In the last few days the following contributions from two eminent personalities have inflammed passions and been the topic of heated debate all over the country. The first came from Alhaji Lawal Kaita, a respected elderstatesman and a former Governor of the old Kaduna state on the platform of the defunct NPN. He was qouted as saying that "a northerner must emerge President in 2015 or we will divide".

The second came from Dr. Junaid Mohammed, a Second Republic legislator and a man that has held himself out as the unabashed spokesman of a small group of anti-southern and rabidly hardline conservative northerners over the last few years. He was qouted as saying that "there will be bloodshed if Jonathan runs in 2015".

In as much as I have consistently and vigorously opposed the Jonathan Presidency over the last two years there is only one thing that I abhor even more than the sheer ineptitude that I believe that the Jonathan administration represents and that is the sheer arrogance of some of those from the north whose opposition to Jonathan is not borne out of any desire for better governance but rather simply out of a deep desire for power to return to the north simply because they believe that that is where it was always meant to be and that that is where it rightly belongs.

Alhaji Lawal Kaita and Dr. Junaid Mohammed, who were both very vocal in their support of the annulement of Abiola's June 12th 1993 election on the same grounds of ''northern rights and fulani supremacy'', belong to that group and wholly espouse that school of thought. Their latest contributions to national issues are reflected in the two qoutations that I have cited above and frankly all I can say is that these two gentlemen have really got a nerve. For the record let it be clearly understood and let no-one be under any illusion about it- a rejection of or opposition to the Jonathan Presidency does NOT in any way mean that we will accept a return to the days of southern slaves and northern masters.

The sweet truth is that the days of the slave and the slavemaster, the horse and the horserider, the master and the grovelling servant and the ''poor husband of the north and rich wife of the south'' (as Lord Lugard so aptly put it in 1914) are long over in Nigeria. They ended in 1999 with the ascension of President Olusegun Obasanbjo to the throne and they shall NEVER return again. If Obasanjo did nothing else in the eyes of even his worst detractors he at least put a nail in that coffin.

He also managed to do the following- he kept Nigeria together despite the fact that at that time the country was on the brink of disintegration as a consequence of the deep alienation of the yoruba, the aftermath of the June 12th 1993 annulement and the terrible hand that General Abacha dealt the yoruba. He created a level playing field and ensured that ALL Nigerians, regardless of their religious faith or where they came from were treated as equals. He broke the hold and power of the north over the military and established the basis for a truly Nigerian Armed Forces as opposed to a northern one.

He ensured that a Niger Deltan became Vice President and later President of the Federal Republic. He ensured that an igbo man became a General Officer Commanding in the Nigerian Army (which was something that had not happened since 1966 after General Aguiyi-Ironsi was killed and since the civil war). He broke the power of the north over the oil sector, the public sector and the economy and he ensured that merit, rather than nepotism or ethnic bias, was the theme and life-blood of governance.

Under Obasanjo the north stopped being dependant on Federal Government appointments, contracts, largess and goodies and they stopped being indolent and parasitic. They were weaned off Federal government dependancy and their addiction to Federal Government patronage and they were forced to work hard and to be productive like everyone else.

This worked beautifully for the north itself and for Nigeria generally and it was under this strict regime of hard work, merit, productivity and discipline that a new generation of northern leaders, most of whom were well-educated, zealous and capable reformers, were spawned and introduced to public office in the country.

These were all pluses for Obasanjo but today, with the sort of sentiments being expressed by a few people in the north, it appears that some want to take us back to the dark old days of ''I must have an Alhaji on my board of directors before I can get anything''. And God forbid that that should ever happen again. As the Americans would say ''we just ain't going there''.

The two comments that have been attributed to Kaita and Mohammed, both of whom are prominent and respected northerners with immense influence, are not only deeply offensive and provocative to every southerner worth his or her salt, the yoruba included, but they are also most unhelpful.

They remind me of some of the sort of things that some of our northern brothers were saying just after the annulement of the June 12th election in 1993 and throughout the period of the struggle against Abacha and the northern-controlled Nigerian military as it then was.

Let no-one be in any doubt about one thing- The fastest way to unite the south and the Middle Belt and rally support for Goodluck Jonathan, no matter how bad he may be, is for northerners to talk like Kaita and Mohammed have done here. They must stop it forthwith. Love him or hate him, Jonathan has the right to run and we have the right to either support him or not to support him.

The suggestion that there will be bloodshed if he runs simply because he is a southerner or that the country will divide if he happens to win fairly and squarly simply because, in the minds of some, a northerner MUST rule at all costs in 2015 is completely unacceptable. It is also perfidious, intellectually dishonest, racist, shameful and utterly disgusting. Such sentiments will spark off a major conflict in this country if care is not taken and the issue will no longer be a Jonathan Presidency but rather a battle for southern rights.

If it ever comes to that some of us will have no choice but to stand with our people and damn the consequences. Hear me loud and clear- no matter what we will never allow this country to go back to the days of ''born to rule'' and rather than allow that to happen we will simply scuttle Nigeria and divide her into two or more pieces before we all end up killing one another. A northerner can rule, not simply because he is a northerner, but because he is the best man for the job and because the majority of Nigerians from both north and south want him as their President. Ditto a southerner.

That is the only acceptable formula. They can take it or leave it. As long as I live the yoruba nation particularly will no longer be slaves to anyone again, whether it be northerner, igbo, ijaw or anything else. The days of compromise and sleeping with the enemy are long over. The south has had a raw deal in the last 53 years of our national existence when compared to the north and even a calamitious Jonathan Presidency does not derogate from that fact.

The last people to be issuing threats to southerners, and I mean ANY southerners including the Jonathan crowd, are the core northern muslims who have held sway over the affairs of this country longer than anyone else in the last 53 years. If there is an alliance against Jonathan let it be based on the principle of equality of all peoples and the rights of all to equal opportunities including the right to rule Nigeria.

Any absurd notion about the so-called right of the north to dominate and perpetually rule and enslave others is rejected. That issue was settled long ago and not even a million Lawal Kaita's or Junaid Mohammed's can resurrect or restore such an intellectually barren and primitive philosophy.

Worst still if they try to do so no southerner worth his or her salt will align themselves with them. Fighting Jonathan is one thing but attempting to take on the whole of the south or denigrate her people is another. A word is enough for the wise.
[i][/i]

9 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 06, 2013
Good write-up from FFK. To hell with Keita, Junaid and Asari Dokuboh who have been threatening to spill blood and bring war.

4 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by apoti(m): 5:24am On Dec 06, 2013
Simple unbiased truth from FFK. I'm not really his fan, but I can't fault this piece.

The Northerners should be the last, I mean the very last set of people to issue threats. I wish the South can come together as one, but we are too busy hating on each other.

3 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by nig2change: 5:26am On Dec 06, 2013
This is a masterpiece. Truly Nigerians will get to see why they have refuse to allow GEJ to work. Inspite of this there is rapid transformation going on now. Every sector.

2 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by talktimi(m): 5:46am On Dec 06, 2013
Junaid Mohammed actually made his threat of a bloody 2015 based on the assumption of the SW being a major ally in the blood bath, his utterances are simply despicable and unbecoming of an elder statesman who has lived his life but obviously who doesnt want the younger generation to live a long and fulfilled life also. Much as i've always been a critic of Mr Fani - Kayode since i believe he at times doesnt put his obvious brilliance to good use, i have no choice but to commend him on refusing to be a tool for bloodshed out of the greed of some people who should be reflecting on their lives by now. I also expect other yoruba leaders/elders to rise up and say no to the SW being used as a tool for violence. Gej and indeed any other incompetent politician can and must be removed only by the power of our votes. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Omexonomy: 5:51am On Dec 06, 2013
I HOPE FFK REPRESENT YORUBA NATION.
I suspect FFK has been taken his drug dutifuly or has he stop taking those cheap crak ?
May be it is the fear of seventy years jail term yet to be approve by the senate for him that he is affraid of.

7 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by texaco1: 6:13am On Dec 06, 2013
Omexonomy: I HOPE FFK REPRESENT YORUBA NATION.
I suspect FFK has been taken his drug dutifuly or has he stop taking those cheap crak ?
May be it is the fear of seventy years jail term yet to be approve by the senate for him that he is affraid of.
he is simply playing the ethinicty card and it is working on people already judging from some of the comments I have read here.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Ozonna(m): 6:26am On Dec 06, 2013
dgitrader: THE NERVE OF KAITA AND THE SHAME OF MOHAMMED
From Facebook page
[b]Let no-one be in any doubt about one thing- The fastest way to unite the south and the Middle Belt and rally support for Goodluck Jonathan, no matter how bad he may be, is for northerners to talk like Kaita and Mohammed have done here. They must stop it forthwith. Love him or hate him, Jonathan has the right to run and we have the right to either support him or not to support him.

[i][/i]

1000000 likes
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by gratieao: 6:26am On Dec 06, 2013
You mean FFK wrote this?
What Igbo saw in 1966.................

3 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by gratieao: 6:28am On Dec 06, 2013
apoti: Simple unbiased truth from FFK. I'm not really his fan, but I can't fault this piece.

The Northerners should be the last, I mean the very last set of people to issue threats. I wish the South can come together as one, but we are too busy hating on each other.
You mean the south should come together? How?
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by gratieao: 6:29am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by omenka(m): 6:31am On Dec 06, 2013
texaco1: he is simply playing the ethinicty card and it is working on people already judging from some of the comments I have read here.
Modus operandi of an abused mind. Dont blame you though. God bless you for this piece Fani.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by apoti(m): 6:32am On Dec 06, 2013
gratieao: You mean FFK wrote this?
What Igbo saw in 1966.................

Who is Igbo?
What did he/she see in 1966?

2 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by dayokanu(m): 6:36am On Dec 06, 2013
I support unseating Jonathan through the ballot box only

Threatening him not to contest is childish

5 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by luvmijeje(f): 6:50am On Dec 06, 2013
A word is truly enough for the wise.This is FFK, I can relate with.

But as much as Kaita and Mohammed's words are reprehensible ,those words are borne out as a result of leadership failure.

We have a President who doesn't understand the power behind words. He lacks knowledge on the arts of history and politics. A president who doesn't understand the principle behind the law of sowing .

If he did, he would have respond with immediate alacrity to press statement issue by Islamic apex body that Muslims are being scheme out of the military .He wouldn't have dare to make the statement that Igbos are the backbone of it's government. He wouldn't have mingled with criminals. He wouldn't have allowed his handlers and the opposition to create an image of anti-north and anti -moslem. He would have understand that the best politics to play politics of issue.

My issue is how this country will breakup with minimal bloodshed.

9 Likes

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:13am On Dec 06, 2013
Omexonomy: I HOPE FFK REPRESENT YORUBA NATION.
while the north threatens bloodbath, the south threatened war, the east is threatening violence, we, the SW is wielding our intelligence and as expected, its working!

The guy is just stroking ur demented ego grin grin and by thr time the triuth hits u, u won't even knw wot ran u over grin grin grin..

grin grin grin u guys are pathetic, more dunce that i av 'afore anticipated!

1 Like

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by lagcity(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2013
All the zones have a right to contest. Let's go there.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Akshow: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2013
One thing I like about my yoruba people is that they don't get overtly sentimental. They don't let religious or ethnic affiliation becloud their judgment. They are the most sophisticated and politically concious tribe in Nigeria. *no apologies for this general statement. Its my opinion*

1 Like

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 06, 2013
When a slave threatens his master with defection, it is either he has found a new master or has become a master himself. FFK , which is yours ?
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by bloggernaija: 11:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Jonathan is well on his way to handing power back to these folks.
He is already doing the dance,
The structure they use to enslave the south is still intact.
The only difference this time around is that the slavemasters are southerners
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2013
FFK has spoken the bitter truth, this Hausa/Fulani people should stop acting like Aso Rock is their permanent residence
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by ejifranks(m): 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
the northerners still have a stronghold in Nigeria;the division in the south(south east vs south west vs south south) and if this division is not tackled i fear they will still be in the majority...Excellent write up from FFK

In other news

Enjoy new GO and DIE music!! jam of life

https://www.nairaland.com/1541612/new-music-go-die-tne
Sweet music
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by olabukola: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nice write up from FFK. Their is one thing I have noticed since I joined this NL, before I make it known let me tell you guys that I am in support of breaking this country or letting people who want to leave to go peacefully. I know that in a Yoruba nation we will be far more better than we are now as Nigerians. From my observation, if this article was written by somebody from the east or SS people will not have commended it the way they are applauding it now. Does it mean that NL members only want one Side of the country to champion this dis- integration of Nigeria? Whenever somebody from the SW write about the possible peaceful balkanisation of NIGERIA we cheer him or her up with our support but when it comes from north, SS or SE we shout them down. It's getting me confused.

1 Like

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by ifebosco: 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
the very first time i will say this to ffk,nice write up.keep it up sir,
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by ifebosco: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
olabukola: Nice write up from FFK. Their is one thing I have noticed since I joined this NL, before I make it known let me tell you guys that I am in support of breaking this country or letting people who want to leave to go peacefully. I know that in a Yoruba nation we will be far more better than we are now as Nigerians. From my observation, if this article was written by somebody from the east or SS people will not have commended it the way they are applauding it now. Does it mean that NL members only want one Side of the country to champion this dis- integration of Nigeria? Whenever somebody from the SW write about the possible peaceful balkanisation of NIGERIA we cheer him or her up with our support but when it comes from north, SS or SE we shout them down. It's getting me confused.
your imagination
ffk wrote well,they is nothing like break up here in this write up,he was just addressing the two old fools ,the born to rule mentality
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
FFK....as usual, very on point!

Co-signed with the OP.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
ilugunboy: FFK....as usual, very on point!

Co-signed with the OP.

Absolutely. But I doubt if the people he was addressing understand or even care about what FFK is saying.
The idea that one section of the country must dominate the other is far more likely to break up Nigeria more than anything else.

1 Like

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by truefact: 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
ifebosco: your imagination
ffk wrote well,they is nothing like break up here in this write up,he was just addressing the two old fools ,the born to rule mentality

But you failed to comment on his/her major point...( olabukola: From my observation, if this article was written by somebody from the east or SS, people will not have commended it the way they are applauding it now.) I noticed this too...and i go for break up...

Let me asked you this... WHY DO STILL WANT LIVE, EAT AND SLEEP WITH SOMEONE YOU HATE WITH ALL PASSION?

To me it's only someone who lack all articulation and can't stand for him/herself would still want live with his enemy..

please if you hate me as i hate you which is now very evident in our system, Then I THINK THE BEST WAY TO GO OUR DIFFERENT WAYS
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by aljharem(m): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
Gosd bless FFK, He has just spoken my mind.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
If the hausa fulani thinks that yoruba will support them this time they are joking!.we have have enough of thier poo
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
VICTORCIZA: If the hausa fulani thinks that yoruba will support them this time they are joking!.we have have enough of thier poo
God Bless you, the Idiot Junadu or whatever he calls himself released a statement some days where he mentioned Yoruba as ally of the North in their 2015 born-to-rule struggle. I laugh at this Stewpeed Junadu, we Yorubas are not voting any Abokee in 2015. APC may only win the election if they present a credible candidate from the South like Mr Okorocha or Air Chief Marshal Paul Dike rtd but if they give Ayahtolla Buhari or any Northerner the Presidential Ticket THEY HAVE FAILED WOEFULLY BE THAT OOOOOO. Jonathan till Nigeria Disintegrates. My Daily Prayer to God is to Preserve The Life of Jonathan for Us, Jonathan is OUR HOPE until Nigeria breaks. God Bless Southern Nigeria(we shall have various nations in the South after liberating ourselves from the core north). God Bless Jonathan, thanks Mr FFK for the article no more bashing of Igbos they are our Brothers for now till everyone answers his Papa's name.

1 Like

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by PointB: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nice piece. But it still does not diminish the fact that Fani 'Ode, just like Junaid and Kiata are bunch of attention seekers who represent themselves and a few who deluded folks who worship them. If there is anything they should share, it is a cell in jail for actions bordering on hate and incitement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ONLINE POLLING BOOT FOR OSUN GUBER ELECTION / One Reason Why Jonathan Must Go In 2015 / Exposed:aircraft On Top TB Joshua's Building Is A Nigerian Air Force?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.