Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

‘i’m Not A Thief, I Only Steal Rams’ - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ‘i’m Not A Thief, I Only Steal Rams’ (558 Views)

Diesel Tanker Rams Into School Wall In Lagos (Photo) / Police Arrest Rams For Attacking 65-Year-Old Woman In Ado-Ekiti / Will We Be Seeing A Mass-slaughter Of Rams/sheep This Coming Week? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘i’m Not A Thief, I Only Steal Rams’ by ceejay80s(m): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2013
[b] The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 27-year-old man, Nuru Owosere, for allegedly stealing a ram in Mile 12 area of the state.
According to residents, the suspect was of the habit of stealing livestock at midnight only to sell them at ridiculous prices.
PUNCH Metrolearnt that the suspect was arrested in the early hours of Thursday after stealing a ram belonging to a bricklayer at the Church Avenue area.
It was learnt that as the suspect was attempting to escape, residents saw him and chased him.
Owosere was said to have been rounded up by the mob and beaten up.
PUNCH Metrolearnt that when the Divisional Police Officer, Ketu Division, Umar Justin, got wind of the situation around 4.30am, he deployed his men in the area and arrested the suspect.
The suspect however said he was not a thief, adding that he only stole livestock.
He said he never saw anything wrong in what he did because he had stolen his own father’s livestock many times without being reprimanded.
He said, “My father used to rear livestock and anytime I wanted, I would go and steal any and sell. Most times I sell the young ones for N3, 000. However, when the area began experiencing series of floods, most of the rams and goats fled.
“I moved to Ijebu, Ogun State where I became an apprentice at a wood-producing factory but when my family abandoned me, leaving me without money, I returned to Lagos and started snatching people’s rams. I don’t feel taking rams is a crime, they are just animals.
“The person, whose ram I took, I even know him. I never thought he would join the crowd in beating me. After all, I am not a thief, I only take people’s rams.”
Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, said the suspect would be charged to court for stealing. [/b]
http://www.punchng.com/metro/im-not-a-thief-i-only-steal-rams/
Re: ‘i’m Not A Thief, I Only Steal Rams’ by nekaa(f): 10:20am On Dec 06, 2013
as name no dey on top the ram body i agree with em it is nt stealing :-|
Re: ‘i’m Not A Thief, I Only Steal Rams’ by Godswillu(m): 10:43am On Dec 06, 2013
I like this guy, Imagine this guy for public office

I did not steal public fund, I only take it. when I need cash I will just go and take it.
You can ask my father, any time I need cash I will go and take it without telling him.
Even the person that is reading this post I only snatched his/her bag. I never thought he/she would join the crowd in laughing at me
I don’t feel taking public fund is a crime,
After all, I am not a thief, I do not steal people's money, I only take people’s money.

(1) (Reply)

Another Baby Factory Found In Abia / 28-year-old Man And His Daughter Arrested For Having Séx With Each Other / Directions Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.