Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c - Nairaland / General (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c (37594 Views)

Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug / How Nairaland's P.M Works / Seun Nairaland Is Not P.m News. Always Verify Stories Before Putting On The Fp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Glaxxs: 8:42am On Nov 23, 2016
author=abimbawealth post=49700660)

[quote]You took me to the thread and I worked it out...it's quite simple...
did I get it?

I don't know that...thought you figured it out the other time...Evening dear, been a while, though I do see you, how was today?
Or I flopped?

1 Like

Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2016
gotcha
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Glaxxs: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2016
amicable09:

This is the one I figured out. Breaking a post into segments and replying in bits.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Oh! you're welcome to the thread. I see your soccer posts every now and then grin. You're a big fan of soccer. I want to be like you when I grow up.

The one I'm asking to learn now is different. Joining two posts at once and replying them in bits cheesy.
Finding it difficult to quote post bit by bit.
Can you tutor me embarassed
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by amicable09(f): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
Glaxxs:

Can you tutor me embarassed
Oh sure, I can cheesy and I'm willing to.
Oya smile cheesy.

To quote a post bit by bit, is done in the same way you italicize or embolden a text.

For instance, if I want to make this post of yours to come out in two parts, I'll do this;

Can you tutor me?

Now look critically at what I've done and tell me what you notice.

Note: You'll notice it when you click the reply button. You'll see the quote I typed manually and inserted square brackets. Take a look! grin
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Glaxxs: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
amicable09
Oh sure, I can cheesy and I'm willing to.
Oya smile cheesy
I think I am having difficulty here.

To quote a post bit by bit,is done in the same way you italicize or embolden a text.
Like writing between the two quote bracket sad

for instance, if I want to make this post of yours to come out in two parts,I'll do this;
Oh! I see smiley

Now look critically at what I've done and tell me what you notice.
You separated my post from the name attached to it initially. Like twas added?

Note: You'll notice it when you click the reply button. You'll see the quote I typed manually and inserted square brackets. Take a look! grin
I am a slow learner and I'm sorry if i am not assimilating quickly. But since you inserted manually, did you had to first click the reply botton or just quote the person you intended quoting first?
The enclosed quote wit the name of the poster you intend quoting, how do I do to the quote boxes and post no embarassed
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by amicable09(f): 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
Glaxxs:
Lol. You got it!
You've been able to quote me bit by bit.

You input the bracket yourself. And take particular note of the shape of the bracket and use that type. Bracket open, type quote and close. Make sure it is before the text you want to respond to. Then close it by using the bracket open, a forward slash and quote before the bracket closes.

Not to worry, I'm a patient teacher. I like to see my student happy after catching what I teach them cheesy.

Practical: Remember the bracket I'm using now is the wrong type, therefore it won't work but I have to use it for illustration purpose.

(quote) Ada likes to play with her brothers, Eric and Evans. (/quote)

Have you seen what I just did? Once the bracket is right, the command will work automatically grin
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
alrighty
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
[I]all in one[/i]
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Glaxxs: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. You got it!
You've been able to quote me bit by bit.
I

You input the bracket yourself. And take particular note of the shape of the bracket and use that type. Bracket open, type quote and close. Make sure it is before the text you want to respond to. Then close it by using the bracket open, a forward slash and quote before the bracket closes.
I get it now cheesy

Not to worry, I'm a patient teacher. I like to see my student happy after catching what I teach them cheesy.
You're an amazing teacher tank u smiley

Practical: Remember the bracket I'm using now is the wrong type, therefore it won't work but I have to use it for illustration purpose.]

have you seen what I just did? Once the bracket is right the command works automatically
Did I pass? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by amicable09(f): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
Glaxxs:

I get it now cheesy

You're an amazing teacher tank u smiley
Thanks for the endorsement grin

Did I pass? grin
A+ cheesy You learnt faster than I expected. Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Bhenehdikt(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
[/bold]
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Bhenehdikt(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
[bold][bold][bold]
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Jafar1: 7:23am On Dec 21, 2016
[s]simple/s]
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by MRXELA(m): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2016
Good
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Dohyn3(f): 4:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
[quote][/quote][b][/b]hey
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Dohyn3(f): 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
[jj[jj[jj
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Dohyn3(f): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]come and collect it smileycome and collect it
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Dohyn3(f): 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
[this thing is very hard7][/color]
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Dohyn3(f): 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
[this thing is very hard7][/hhhr]
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Dohyn3(f): 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
cry someone should pls teach me how to change colour. its damn hard cry cry someone should pls teach me how to change colour. its damn hard
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 8:44am On Jan 10, 2017
got it!
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2017
got it again!
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 8:47am On Jan 10, 2017
did I?
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2017
did i
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2017
did i
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 8:50am On Jan 10, 2017
 did i
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2017
did i
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2017
learning tongue
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 9:39am On Jan 10, 2017
Mskrisx:
learning tongue

learning
Mskrisx:
did i

Mskrisx:
did i

I did
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2017
Divepen1:
call me for any help with this Username

dive dear please could u teach me how to cross one's quote out against mine like this could do it for mine but not anybodys'
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Mskrisx(f): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2017
Divepen1:
call me you for any help with this Username

did I get it? cry
Re: How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c by Divepen1(m): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2017
Mskrisx:

[s] dive dear please could u teach me how to cross one's quote out against mine like ]thiscould do it for mine but not anybodys'[/s]
I think you will click on quote and insert [s...at the beginning and [/s.. at the end..

I used .... so that it won't cross mine..

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply)

Six Most Annoying Things the so-called "Big Boys" Do. / Man Tweets To PHCN About Light And Gets A Reply (photo) / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.