Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria (41586 Views)

The Unheard Mcdonalds Story And Your Level Of Success / The Unheard Mcdonalds Story And Your Level Of Success / The Unheard Mcdonalds Story And Your Level Of Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Reverend(m): 9:13am On Apr 07, 2007
There is another side effect of McDonalds that I see in London amongst the African community. They eat them on the tube and just dump the carton, paper bag and any un-eaten food on the floor of the tube, bus or in the street!

Some parts of East London are starting to look like Lagos!

I would ban fast food joints!
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by br222: 3:39am On Apr 14, 2007
layi, if you ever wish to start Makydees in niaja, if the idea is still a goer, let me know and I'll be a willing partner
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by ikuyinminu(m): 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2007
Una dey craze for head, Shey guys don buy Mr Biggs finish wey una dey think of Mc Donalds. Ogun Purnish all of una wey dey think am, Shooo see the money investment sef. if you take get Mr Biggs you go get more than one outlet nau. Sango Fire una head.
lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by omogenaija(f): 4:37am On Jul 20, 2007
not funny
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by lokia(m): 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2007
Hello layi

it is a nice idea to open a mac outlet in nigeria. but i personally would rather buy a tantilizer franchise and develop it. why not open a tantilizer outlet in uk.

abi cant we export our own fastfood joint and have nice isi ewu in them grin?
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by digikid(m): 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2007
Opening a MCDonalds in Nigeria is about a lot more than the food. As someone earlier in this chain mentioned The Price of a Big Mac is a measuring unit almost like the price of the dollar. If you are opening a MCDonalds in Nigeria you are selling the brand more so than the food. The Brand is what you are paying 500k for and that is what you have to focus on selling. People who come into Nigeria who have never eaten in the country will always first of all come to a McDonalds before any of the other Nigerian brands because it is international and as long as you can maintain those standards your business will be successful.
Remember that in the US McDonalds is one of the largest owners of real estate in the country, it is much bigger than just food.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by wifeypenth(f): 1:00am On Jul 23, 2007
It wil sel cos of the name o. We nigerians lyk al those butty thngs. Evn if d Mc Donalds is in Sango ppl wil leave lagos 2go there.so they'll b counted among d mcdonald'ers.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by wifeypenth(f): 1:01am On Jul 23, 2007
It wil sel cos of the name o. We nigerians lyk al those butty thngs. Evn if d Mc Donalds is in Sango ppl wil leave lagos 2go there.so they'll b counted among d mcdonald'ers,
It IS advisable. It wil sell.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Globaltech: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2007
Hello house, I 'm into RESEARCH &MKTN. McDonalds? Trust Nigerians it will only sell for some time and then fold up we are unique people.But wait why can't we franchise Tantalizers and Tastee here in America? they will rush it .Believe me the next thing I WILL DO IS TO BRING TANTALIZERS AND TASTEE etc.TO USA smiley smiley wink grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cool.ANY COMMENTS?.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by flynx: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2007
dem say dem wan bring mac -somtin com naija, d question na where 4 9ja dem wan bring am? maitama-abuja, ikeja-lagos, ajegunle-lagos, moshin-lagos, lekki-lagos or oyingbo 4 ebute-metta? make una rememba say poor man plenty 4 lagos and na dem dey patronise all dis pple food dem pass. if mc-wetin snacks no sweet, make una no tink of say una wan bring am com naija o! i don talk my own. grin
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by slimfella(m): 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2007
Mac D will be a hit in Nigeria for sure. Cos nigerians too like Effizzi. But that i think after a while, it will just go the way the other western outlets have gone. Bottom Line. We still dey feel our Biggs, tanti and the likes. grin
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Naija4ward(m): 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2007
It is difficult to judge the success of Macdonald in Nigeria. There are too many obstacles course to surmount especially on the ingredients needed to make the food taste like the real thing, e.g. the frozen chicken, the fish finger, the lettuce. To be precise you will need to rejig OBJ farms for this purpose, as some of these things are banned.

The cost of freezing some of the imports will drive you crazy.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by abujabooks(f): 3:47pm On May 08, 2008
Mcdonalds franchise is not worth it in Naija. Get a Nigerian franchise.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by poke(m): 6:27am On Jul 13, 2008
luyi
your thinking is good but it will be cheaper for you if consider Nigerian company like UTC who also is into franchise
and what have is more desired in Nigeria than MCdo
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by TOYOSI20(f): 12:55am On Nov 18, 2008
abujabooks:

Mcdonalds franchise is not worth it in Naija. Get a Nigerian franchise.

Wise Words undecided
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by kokorunna(m): 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2008
Good idea for a McDonalds in Nigeria but to me its a waste of money on this investment.

The money you will use to buy the franchise, why don't you invest it in your own fast food restaurant.

It does not take a genius to setup one except its hard work. Majority of the fast food restaurants in Nigeria are rubbish and just a few are GOOD. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

www.churchwhereabouts.com
www.moneysaversforum.com
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by KingSola(m): 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2008
You better start a mamaput in nigeria or a yakoyo or a bukateria or a chop-chop centre or a wakis place or a chika barbeque or a pandy party in nigeria. I mean a nigerian branded restaurant and in 3 years begin selling the franchise globally. We are in the 21st century
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by fredosmith: 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
I hope someone got it's franchisee .
Because it's franchisee is most important for make a good profit.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Princessty(f): 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2009
it will work because there are at least that many like nandos it is in america they are bringing pizza hut and kfc too mr biggs is crap tantalizers is good pizza inn is good big treats is good nandos is also good
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by monopolist: 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2009
The Mac Donanlds Franchise is too expensive. I prefer export to import.

With #1Million to #10 Million you will start a branded Mama put/Bukateria/Iya Olonje fast food joint in Lagos and eventually compete with the Mac Donalds, the Mr Biggs and Chicken Republics of this world.

Let us Brand and package our own and export it to all the continents of the world.

We have Iyan, Fufu,Ewa,Idika Ikong, Efo Riro,Egunsi ati Ishapa,Boli,Ofe, shokoyokoto,Ogbono,Kose and Doya,Fura de Nunu,Zoborondo e.t.c

Lets talk business.

Let's find a niche in the local and global fast food business sector and begin meeting people's feeding needs.

It's all about Branding, Packaging, Advertising, Marketing and Faith.

They all started small, we too can start small.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by chatwitken: 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2009
Why want to start with a large scale business whereas we can start a small scale business and now expand into a large scale and diverse into different businesses. I will suggest you invest in exportation of cow gallstone. You can get more information on here http://kenomie..com/
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by RichIdiot(m): 10:00am On Nov 18, 2009
Mc Donalds in Naija will be a million dollar venture. The strengths of the company are really enormous, the major being the brand name. Yes, Mc Donalds do have some critics, the world over: of course to every rule, there are exceptions. But check out the stats of Mc Donalds. They speak for themselves.

Of course comsumer behaviour will have to be extensively researched and the purchasing power of target group critically examined. The same thing goes for an effective marketing plan. Its not just enough to rely on the brand name or expect it to be a major hit on its own. there are still lots of potential customers that havent heard of the name yet. A lot of planning will have to be done for this to not just strat up, but to keep pace.

As regards eating habits of Nigerians, this can be effectively addressed. the answer will be a the opposite of standardization: adaptation. The company will have to be establied around the "eating culture" of Nigerians. Good thing though is that Nigerians are usually very open to new concepts and are not a so complex people. Case study: look at mc Donalds in Asia and in India and you´ll get a picture of how it works.

In all, this is a lovely idea and one that I have been toying with for the last couple of months. Layi if you read this, drop me a hint on devon.richidiot@gmail.com and lets see if we could do something together.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by NigeriaUSA(m): 1:34am On Nov 27, 2009
Despite all odds, I think McDonald's would be a hit business in Nigeria. Since relations between the US and Nigeria are quickly growing and so has trade, Nigerians may look forward to eating a Big Mac. But it is true that the McDonald's food may taste nasty at some times. I remember when they gave me stale fries. embarassed
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Hoteph(m): 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2009
Hey man KFC is far better l wonder whose gonna love those disgusting burgers,
Each time l try those big Mac it makes me wanna throw up, It sucks
but with KFC you know women and chicken lol they gonna love it
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2009
McDonalds in Nigeria would work.

It doesn't have to be the same unhealthy slop the West is reknowned for. It can have pretty much the same as most of the up-and-coming Nigerian fast food joints. So, it could be McHealthy.

The only factor that'll stop me in my tracks, is the massive set-up costs. $450,000 won't be nearly enough. That's just the beginning - as a franchise, there are the monthly % payouts, purchase of equipment and their maintenance, liabilities, staff etc.

You're talking big bucks, the thought of me investing even half of that amount brings me out in a rash. tongue
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by liquid7: 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2009
if you can raise the money it will work for sure.nothing to do with the food (someone mentioned standards earlier and i laughed).Mac has terrible tasting food even burger king is better.But here in the UK if a family member comes around with his kids i take them there because simply put its cheap!
Nigerians will flock in drones to it even if they know its expensive and terrible because we like to dress ,talk and now we can eat like americans.
An instant hit i think.You will cover the franchise cost in under 1 year easily.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Princessty(f): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2009
Guess What Guys They Brought KFC To Naija The First One In Onikan They Better Bring It To Lekki Fast The Palms
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2009
KFC , Onikan . Lagos

Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2009
More Pictures
KFC , Onikan . Lagos

Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Princessty(f): 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2009
wow they need to bring it to Lekki For mY Cousins sake
sonety2k:

KFC , Onikan . Lagos
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by DisGuy: 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2009
Princessty:

wow they need to bring it to Lekki For mY Cousins sake

You wicked o, you want your cousin to become obese?
Why can s/he go to onikan ?
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Princessty(f): 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2009
Dis Guy:

You wicked o, you want your cousin to become obese?
Why can s/he go to onikan ?

cuz we just came to naija and she doesnt know her way
and i am not wicked she has not eaten fast food in a long time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja Women Shop At Local Markets Due To Economic Situation / Nigeria, Sierra Leone Plan Currency Swap / After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.