Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,964 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:28 AM

Travel To Ghana By Road - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel To Ghana By Road (34936 Views)

My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. / Travelling From Nigeria To Ghana By Road- Is This Possible Without Passport / Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by 360command: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
Been a while since I used bus . But I never liked the services of ABC. Too many stops due to their branches they have and also, too many controls at the point of immigration as there are numerous passengers. Well,if you are going to ghana using ABC, there is no rush as in ghana, the traffic is not heavy. But if you are coming to Nigeria, do not try use ABC cause the traffic you will see on the road and security checkpoints are too much.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by lordrhaw(m): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
360command: Been a while since I used bus . But I never liked the services of ABC. Too many stops due to their branches they have and also, too many controls at the point of immigration as there are numerous passengers. Well,if you are going to ghana using ABC, there is no rush as in ghana, the traffic is not heavy. But if you are coming to Nigeria, do not try use ABC cause the traffic you will see on the road and security checkpoints are too much.

plz from lagos to ghana is how many days journey by road
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by stchinedu: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
My man na ABC for now...no mind those Wey say dem service no good joooor grin dem dey serve fufu wit okporoko as una dey travel...if na lie, ask dem grin
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by 360command: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
lordrhaw:

. Like 12 hours journey. You depart lagos 7am and reach ghana around 7pm or 8pm depending on border controls as well as traffic.

2 Likes

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by stchinedu: 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
lordrhaw:

Say like 15days...that is plus the stops and check points
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by NosoChic: 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
Try JKL na grin
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Chubhie: 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
ABC have always been my choice since my family relocated to GH. I remember when coming back to Naija on january the guy that went to book ticket couldn't get ticket for me and I needed to travel the next day he got CHISCO ticket instead. Was a bit sceptical bout CHISCO services but I ended up seeing no difference with ABC. Same treatment, no delays at boarders, AC all tru but we ended up arriving earlier unlike ABC.
AM still gonna ball in to be with Fam this exmas and would most diff go with a friend. And enjoy the road experience.

1 Like

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by loswhite(m): 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nonybb: What are u going to Ghana to do. Nigeria is the best place to be now. The only People going to Ghana are People with ASUU and jamb issues
wetin concern u with why the person dey go Ghana? Or is dat part of the question op was asking?

4 Likes

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by loswhite(m): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nadia_SA1: ABC the best
hmm hw u take knw? Hope say u no dey 4 ajegunle dey claim SA babe o..lol. Na joke o grin

1 Like

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by loswhite(m): 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
lordrhaw:

6 days and 6 night
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by micdmic: 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
try Chisco,better than ABC.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Hero10001: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
dharamanil: . Willbarrow is a great idea. U knw its safe
See gobe!
"Willbarrow" ke?!
You don kill English finish..
Bros, na "Wheel" nor be 'Will'.

6 Likes

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by NadiaSA1(f): 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
loswhite: hmm hw u take knw? Hope say u no dey 4 ajegunle dey claim SA babe o..lol. Na joke o grin
a jungle U dey craze

LoL everyone was like Abc the best so I agree

1 Like

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by jidewin(m): 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
NLers how una dey..e don tey wey i show for NL...this post funny no be small...Naija ppl get talents for comedy grin grin grin
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by 500GP: 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
@OP, AM SURE YOU ARE A IGBO GUY.
WHY DID YOU WANT TO TRAVEL TO GHANA?
IGBO SPIRIT
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by babsomotde(m): 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
I prefer going by either of these two routes - Travel By Train or By Sea.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by dad007(m): 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
Chubhie: ABC have always been my choice since my family relocated to GH. I remember when coming back to Naija on january the guy that went to book ticket couldn't get ticket for me and I needed to travel the next day he got CHISCO ticket instead. Was a bit sceptical bout CHISCO services but I ended up seeing no difference with ABC. Same treatment, no delays at boarders, AC all tru but we ended up arriving earlier unlike ABC.
AM still gonna ball in to be with Fam this exmas and would most diff go with a friend. And enjoy the road experience.
That is because you where going.But coming back,I wouldnt advise anyone to take chisco.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Treasure103(f): 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
I have been to Ghana up to 8times btw 2009 and oday. Its ABC all d way. My hotel I paid 4k in naira for 5days,chilling ac n Dstv all d stations. I enjoyed my stay. Ate enough indomie,rice, visited naija restaurant and ate my favourite 'ofe oha' wt semo. Will be there in January for 2wks just to cool off. I ve been working my ass off. Goodluck to u Op and enjoy.

8 Likes

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nadia_SA1: ABC the best

Nadia, how did u know that? Have u gone to Ghana from Nigeria b4? I tot u r based in SA?
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by marymarcel009: 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2013
Excelboi: Ghana wey dey my backyard. It's better you go with a bicycle.
OMG can't stop laughiN grin
Excelboi: Ghana wey dey my backyard. It's better you go with a bicycle.
OMG can't stop laughiN
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by dheaven: 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
ABC first others follow. The day I boarded one of those vehicle in mile2 i regretd my decision. Since then I sticked to ABC or flight
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Jodesky(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
Pls be prepared for a very tiring and traumatising trip be it ABC, Chisco or Crosscountry. Its really not about the Trans Company but the border controls. Accra from Lagos is just under 350kms but the journey which shd have been done in 3 hours takes a whole day, no thanks to overzealous immigration officers at the different borders. They easily rob you of the excitement of road travel along the W/African coast.
If you can afford it, I will advise you go by air. Aero does about 30k return.
Wish you luck.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Eseharrison(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
ABC literally crawls

Cross Country does it for me.

No time

1 Like

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by irririchris(m): 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
ABC is your best bet. gobulksmsng.com
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Chartey(m): 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
tspun: .follow half half way make you for get more travilling experience. From lagos - cotonuo - lome - ghana.
This is the way to go if your luggage is small and you are very smart(cuz of dem border boys). An alternative is taking a bus to Seme, cross the border, then take a car to Lome, cross the border to Aflao and take a bus to Accra. If you love traveling and adventure, this is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by NadiaSA1(f): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
big deal 007:

Nadia, how did u know that? Have u gone to Ghana from Nigeria b4? I tot u r based in SA?
follow follow tins every1 b saying Abc I dey join..

Iv never bin to ghana but I'd love to
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Nonybb: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
big deal 007:

I have been investigating that Girl and i dont think shes a South African or stays there or have gone there. Shes an Aba girl residing in Makoko

1 Like

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by amadice(m): 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
[quote author=lordrhaw][/quote]....look at hw did one dey desperate to go to ghana chie....am so ashamed of u...
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by xandy84: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
I will be traveling on january 7th for GRE exam in Accra and am planing leaving Nigeria on 6th with ABC transport but my problem is the hotel issue. Can you please link me with cheap hotel? Thanks in advance

Treasure103: I have been to Ghana up to 8times btw 2009 and oday. Its ABC all d way. My hotel I paid 4k in naira for 5days,chilling ac n Dstv all d stations. I enjoyed my stay. Ate enough indomie,rice, visited naija restaurant and ate my favourite 'ofe oha' wt semo. Will be there in January for 2wks just to cool off. I ve been working my ass off. Goodluck to u Op and enjoy.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
Going to Ghana need visa ?I want to go to Accra for tourists
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by xandy84: 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
All you need is Ecowas passport.. Ghana is visa free

GANIVA: Going to Ghana need visa ?I want to go to Accra for tourists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos / Fire Outbreak In Ibadan: Fuel Tanker Exploded. / A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.