Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

All your Inverter problems - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / All your Inverter problems (144465 Views)

Inverter[cost And Usage] Make Your Inverter Batteries Last For 10hours At A Go / Xmas Bonanza: Get Your Inverter Today & Say Bye Bye To Unstable Power Supply. / Buy Your Inverter Now For 50,000. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2013
Kins7778: how long will 42inch led tv and dstv decoder
last on 800va+200ah

200AH should go more than 10 hours but I advise you do not exceed 10 hours so that your battery will last very well for you.
Re: All your Inverter problems by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
JUO:
Design Life: 18 years
Voltage: 12 volts
Capacity: 155ah
http://www.secbattery.com/batteries/view-all-batteries/gel-battery-12ftgt-detail.html

you go use tire self

I would really like to know if you have used this battery, and can thus confirm that it really does last. Thank you
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
stint: can you give me a brief/quick estimation of a solar system that can power my self contain, containing 3 bulbs, 2 ceiling fan, a tv and sound system with enough power to charge my laptop?
Hello, if I understood you right, you need a system that can power the following; 3 bulbs,2 ceiling fans, a T.V , sound system and to charge your laptop?
Please what type of bulbs,T.V are talking about here?
what is the power capacity of your Sound system?
and also power ratings of your laptop charger and laptop power consumption itself?

on the average, 600watts solar panel , 800VA ~ 1.2kva inverter and 2 units of 200AH(12V) should get you like 24hrs, assuming the batteries would be fully charged and there will be 8 hours of sunlight.
Terms and condition apply grin
Re: All your Inverter problems by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
henwun:

you can get 4 200AH batteries, This will take you Days on fully Charged

No sir, 4 units of 200AH batteries is not meant to be powered by a mere 2.2kva inverter, which may probably max at 24volts. Assuming each of the units of the battery is 12 volts, then you have 4*12volts = 48volts. Most definitely your 24volt inverter must not be forced to charge your 48 volt battery bank. That is equal to an overkill. Your unit will not give you the ultimate performance, assuming it doesn't get damaged first.
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
Unique!:

I would really like to know if you have used this battery, and can thus confirm that it really does last. Thank you
Gel batteries last longer than lead acid but not that 18 years, however it can die before the corresponding lead acid battery if the proper charging current is not used, hence the need for a good inverter+ chagers system.
Re: All your Inverter problems by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
My 1.4kva Sukam inverter refuses to charge with generator. How can I solve this? Can one use an APC online UPS as a stabilizer?
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
Unique!:
Where is the OP?

I got a 1.5kva Luminous inverter + 2*200 amps batteries installed just over 2 months ago. Working very well, I'm really pleased. Only concern is I noticed recently that the batteries are beginning to bulge at the sides, which could be indicative of over charging? Please, I need answers!
This is excatly what people do not know about inverter. you need a good inverter with inbuilt intelligent charger.
period! even if you buy another batteries, it will still do the same thing.
Re: All your Inverter problems by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
My Sukam 1.4 kva doesn't charge with generator but charges with NEPA. What's the solution?
Can one use APC online UPS as stabilizer?
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
dsunmade: My 1.4kva Sukam inverter refuses to charge with generator. How can I solve this? Can one use an APC online UPS as a stabilizer?
what is the rating of the UPS and the generator?
You need a generator with capacity higher than your inverter before it can work.
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
redocean: I have a 2KVA blue gate inverter on a pair of 200 amps battery. However, lately it goes off in less than 2 hours after full charge so am considering getting a new set of batteries. Do you have any suggestion on durable batteries and their prices?
How long did those batteries last? your batteries should last atleast more than 4 years if you have a good inverter.
Re: All your Inverter problems by redocean: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tech_W:
How long did those batteries last? your batteries should last atleast more than 4 years if you have a good inverter.
Lasted only about 4 months before the issue started
Re: All your Inverter problems by ayzone: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
henwun:

you can get 4 200AH batteries, This will take you Days on fully Charged
Thanks man..
Re: All your Inverter problems by andyanders: 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
U-dee:

It depends on the capacity of inverter you wish to purchase

Which one do you think is good so that I can know my budget and contact you?
Re: All your Inverter problems by donfemox(m): 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
Please my dad ordered an inverter from india and it has been installed by a technician but the problem is that anytime its being put on it will be displaying overload even if it is one bulb that is on. What solution do you proffer?
Re: All your Inverter problems by ayzone: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
Unique!:

No sir, 4 units of 200AH batteries is not meant to be powered by a mere 2.2kva inverter, which may probably max at 24volts. Assuming each of the units of the battery is 12 volts, then you have 4*12volts = 48volts. Most definitely your 24volt inverter must not be forced to charge your 48 volt battery bank. That is equal to an overkill. Your unit will not give you the ultimate performance, assuming it doesn't get damaged first.
So whats d solution?
Re: All your Inverter problems by Osu175(m): 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
I made a 3kva inverter and also made the transformer.when i switch the inverter the light it produce was low And i leta found out that the problem was from my number of turns in my transformer wic i dnt want to loss again. Pls cn u tell me if adding more MOSFET can improve the lite. Thanks
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 6:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
redocean:
Lasted only about 4 months before the issue started

The issue could be from the inverter, maybe not been able to charge the batteries very well or killed the batteries for lack of sophistication in term of charging pattern or inferior batteries.

However, if the former is the case, same will happen again else, getting a very good batteries will solve your problem.
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
donfemox: Please my dad ordered an inverter from india and it has been installed by a technician but the problem is that anytime its being put on it will be displaying overload even if it is one bulb that is on. What solution do you proffer?

Does it show overload when nothing is loaded on it? If the answer is "NO" then the parameter may have not been properly calibrated. If the later is the case and the system is equipped with an PC/system interactive interface, getting the software and resetting the system to the factory default might help.
Re: All your Inverter problems by tunero1010(m): 6:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
for a very good inverter and solar installation contact budtron tech systems 08023015163 I have been using mine now going 3years with enjoyment or visit budtron. com they have after sales/installation customer care anywhere in nigeria. I like them.
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 6:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
Osu175: I made a 3kva inverter and also made the transformer.when i switch the inverter the light it produce was low And i leta found out that the problem was from my number of turns in my transformer wic i dnt want to loss again. Pls cn u tell me if adding more MOSFET can improve the lite. Thanks
NO, it will not, your best bet will be to connect the system through a stabilizer or step up transformer, depending on the output voltage in question.

Mosfet can only enhance the current carrying capability.
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
Unique!:

Hello, in as much as we appreciate your input, misinformation is not welcome.

A 2.2KVA inverter can use as many batteries as available as long as the batteries are connected according to the input voltage configuration of the inverter and the inverter charging current is higher than the load current.
Meaning, the charging time of the batteries must be less than the discharging time.

1 Like

Re: All your Inverter problems by lahohlu: 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
unclebros: I bought 1.5kva inverter with 2 deepcycle batteries (each 200V) I have used the batteries for like 18months now. Now when power goes, I just have power for like 2hours before the inverter alarm start beeping. Does that mean i need to get another set of batteries? if yes, what model can you suggest. I need the one that can work for like 2years

Basically you should ask for guaranty on your batteries, as for me i got minimum 1year guaranty on my batteries from my inverter supplier and am still using them going to 3 years now.
Re: All your Inverter problems by Walexz02(m): 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
Osyxcel:

grin grin.... I like this thread. Very informative.
Hi Osy! your see my mails
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
Joeadamxx: Good day Sunny,

Thanks for your offer to help solve inverter problems.
Until recently, I was using the Sukam 10KVA 15 batteries(200ah) inverter. Unfortunately, the batteries only lasted about a year before they all ran down.
I made enquiries and was told that the best and longest lasting batteries are the ones with the higher amps/hr. So, I sold my inverter and batteries for cheap and bought a new system based on the cyberpower 7.5kva - 48v. I bought 2vx24 batteries (600ah), but I have been having problems since then. As the inverter seems not to be capable of coping with the batteries, even after buying 2 50ah battery chargers. As the inverter always trip off on overheating between 35 - 47 degrees.

I have been going back and forth with cyberpower and the supplier and now the temperature is normal at about 35 deg, but it always trip off anytime I am on either NEPA or generator. Sometimes it trips off 10 times within an hour.

I suspect that there is a current leakage from the items not connected to the inverter when switched on, especially iron, microwave and water heater.

What do you think please? You can reach me on joeadamxx@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Joe

Try and not switch ON those things when on PHCN/ Generator like you mentioned, let see what happens, if it didn't happen then get a good electrician to check the wiring for you.
Re: All your Inverter problems by stint(m): 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
henwun:

Do you mean Complete solar system, Or just Batteries and Inverter, These are 2 different System
I mean complete solar system. I understand the differenceI. please give me your rough price estimation.
Re: All your Inverter problems by joeargy: 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tech_W:
Hello, it won't overheat the inverter but it will take a very long period of time to charge the battery to its full capacity.
on the issue of how long it will take, that depends on the charging current of the UPS, which is relatively low.
It may take a typical650va UPS more than 4 days to charge up a 100ah battery back to it's full capacity and the ugly part of it is that it will might take just 4 hours to discharge the same battery capacity.
useless NEPA
its their fault

1 Like

Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
lahohlu:

Basically you should ask for guaranty on your batteries, as for me i got minimum 1year guaranty on my batteries from my inverter supplier and am still using them going to 3 years now.
You are right, I sell mine with 1 year warranty with the condition that you buy everything from us and we will be the ones to install it or atleast supervise the installation.

You should demand for atleast 1 year warranty on your product, the batteries should go more than 4 years.
It also advisable you buy from someone that knows about inverter very well and know about the products he is selling.

Lastly, it is advisable you get inverter with a well calibrated LCD, atleast you will get to see and know what goes on as you use the inverter as some may place an incorrect rating on the inverter, putting the sticker of 3KVA on a 1.5KVA inverter and the unsuspecting client will buy to end up been short changed.
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
joeargy:
I luckily stumbled into dis thread, are u sure an apc 650 ups can charge a 100ah battery? If it will, how many hours wil it take to fully charge?
I asked a battery charger and he said its imposible, i know u are more educated than he is but what of experience? Can u pls explain. Wont it over heat the apc 650va ups and set my face2face room on fire while i'm not at home? Pls reply
Thanks
Thanks very much for your question. It will charge and will not burn your house only it will take lots of time before fully charged. Am not advising you on that, I just gave him options and what he want to no. Thanks
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
keni: God bless you one of the 200 amps battery I bought december last year has died totally without given me any signal, it just went from working fine to getting bad totally
Most batteries are imported in this country are bad but you can always ask for warranty when buying next time otherwise you go for American specs which is more costly.
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
niyimat: pls which is better and more rugged; the locally made inverter which are cheaper or the imported ones which are on the high cost side
thanks
Locally made may kill your batteries faster because most of them does not have over voltage and under voltage cut off.
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
Kins7778: how long will 42inch led tv and dstv decoder
last on 800va+200ah
When fully charged it may take u upto 10-13hr.

1 Like

Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
malikworld: pls i need an inverter with solar energy panel that can power my home appliances
Send me email on sunnylawson2@yahoo.com so that I will give you qoutation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) / Simple Way To Download Youtube Videos Without Any Software (Androids, PC, BB,..) / Www.whatsapp.com-download Free Whatsapp Messenger For Iphone,blackbery & Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.