Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

All your Inverter problems - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / All your Inverter problems (144535 Views)

Inverter[cost And Usage] Make Your Inverter Batteries Last For 10hours At A Go / Xmas Bonanza: Get Your Inverter Today & Say Bye Bye To Unstable Power Supply. / Buy Your Inverter Now For 50,000. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
big father: This is what i've been looking for. Thanks for this thread.

I just got a 1.5kva inverter barely 2months ago and it came with 2 100AH but to my surprise, the battery hardly last for 3hrs. All i use is a rechargeable fan and 42 inches LCD tv. And funny enough , all lights are switched off most of the time.
Your battery is already bad before u bought it, if it comes with warranty or replacement
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mbeki: A neighbour's inverter caught fire and nearly burnt down the whole building saved for fire service department, what could be the cause, in a new building we're constructing, we are considering building an inverter house outside and connecting to the main house with an underground cable, just in case of fire, what's your take?
It depends on the type of inverter and manner of installation. Inverter is just like nepa light just that u do the generation, distribution and consumer, call qualified personal for the siting and instalation.
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
deeptesting: Please i have an inverter with two batteries of 12V 18OAh which i only use to power my CCTV Machine at home 24 hours but i want to have it connected to all the bulbs(energy) in my rooms and kitchen but i did conduit wiring and don`t any surface wires,how can i achieve this goal?
Its very simple, send me email and I will reply you, I no you don't want to do it yourself except if you are technical incline.
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
stint: can you give me a brief/quick estimation of a solar system that can power my self contain, containing 3 bulbs, 2 ceiling fan, a tv and sound system with enough power to charge my laptop?
Send me email on sunnylawson2@yahoo.com and I will reply you
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
ayzone: @op,pls i just bought a 2.2kva inverter. I want to know the battery rating i can use wit it to power a tv set,sound system,2 ceiling fans and 6 energy saving bulbs. Also,i will like to know how long it will last if fully charged. Thanks
I need to know how many volts inverter you bought that will determine the number of battery(s) you need to buy.
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2013
Moxie4lyf: @OP,I need an advice please and clearification..I have heard alot about Inverters but dont know much about it.
What kind of Inverter do i need to power my fan, A.C(1.5hp) and light bulb 'cos am tired of using Generators.
Is it advisable i go for an inverter or keep on with my Generator...
If i should, what's the best Type i should go for and the cost...
Thanks
I can not advice you to add air condtion to inverter except if you have lots of money to invest on inverter. Inverter is good for lights, tv, frdge, fans, electronics. Not good for elements.
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
unclebros: I bought 1.5kva inverter with 2 deepcycle batteries (each 200V) I have used the batteries for like 18months now. Now when power goes, I just have power for like 2hours before the inverter alarm start beeping. Does that mean i need to get another set of batteries? if yes, what model can you suggest. I need the one that can work for like 2years
Send me email on sunnylawson2@yahoo.com and I will reply you
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
phemiteb1: ao much can I get 0.8kva inverter and wot bat3 rating do I need ?
Send me mail on sunnylawson2@yahoo.com
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
kepler: My 8.6Kw FIREMAN Generator can not charge my 3.5KVA Inverter with 4 batteries
Please explain why?
Check the AVR of the generator, they might have changed it to capacitor and also check the frequency of the generator, it must not be more than 53 or less than 48hz
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
Dad Lolade:

@Sunnym
Kindly assist with my enquiries below:

I intend to pick a CyberPower 2.2KV 24V INVERTER with 2 Units 12V 200AH 20Hr Deep Cycle battery (Luminous batteries)
How good is that combination
And I will need a charger controller for Inverter System above.
Which brand and capacity will you recommend

I intend to load the INVERTER system above with the Gadgets below,

1.) 10 Units of 25W Energy Saver Bulbs
2.) 42" Plasma TV
3.) 1No Double door Refridgerator
4.) 1No Single door small Feezer
5.) 1No Computer PC Unit
6.) 1No Mini Home Theater.

HOW MANY HOURS WILL IT LAST ON FULL CHARGE.

Thank you.

My dear, the load is much, you need to add only one fridge, remember the more load you connected, the lower your backup time. With the above load, it may not give you up to 3hr back up.
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
sunnym:
Check the AVR of the generator, they might have changed it to capacitor and also check the frequency of the generator, it must not be more than 53 or less than 48hz

You are right about the frequency. It could be the culprit here.
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
[quote author=Tech_W]

You are right about the frequency. It could be the culprit here.[/quote
Teck_W send me mail on sunnylawson2@yahoo.com, let's talk
Re: All your Inverter problems by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tech_W:

Hello, in as much as we appreciate your input, misinformation is not welcome.

A 2.2KVA inverter can use as many batteries as available as long as the batteries are connected according to the input voltage configuration of the inverter and the inverter charging current is higher than the load current.
Meaning, the charging time of the batteries must be less than the discharging time.

Hello. In as much as I appreciate any / all input, rudeness is not welcome. You can actually put your point across without sounding condescending. Most on this thread are here to learn including me. It's actually immature to assume the role of Mr. Know-it-all, whipping the errant back to line! Not cool at all. Goodnight.
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
Unique!:

Hello. In as much as I appreciate any / all input, rudeness is not welcome. You can actually put your point across without sounding condescending. Most on this thread are here to learn including me. It's actually immature to assume the role of Mr. Know-it-all, whipping the errant back to line! Not cool at all. Goodnight.

Hello, I guess my approach there was not so cool, I didn't see your earlier posts, especially, where you introduced yourself and how much knowledge you have on it.
Goodnight my dear!
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
[quote author=sunnym][/quote]will do that tomorrow when I get to my office
Re: All your Inverter problems by henwun(m): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
sunnym:
Most batteries are imported in this country are bad but you can always ask for warranty when buying next time otherwise you go for American specs which is more costly.

We do sell only American Batteries, But am afraid we had to stop because our People are not well informed about the differences between CHINA, INDIANS AND AMERICAN Batteries. , I regretted importing those American's Batteries into the country.

1 Like

Re: All your Inverter problems by donjoewizy(m): 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
I am looking at installing an inverter in a residence that has so much refrigerator, ac, flat screen bore hole...etc can anybody vast in this inverter ish kindly advice me on how to go bout that....my email is donjoewizy@gmail.com.tnx
[/left][right][/right][left]
[color=#006600]
[/color]
Re: All your Inverter problems by Agbaka1: 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
please advice me on the cheapest inverter and longest battery life suitable for ONLY a 5A laptop that is 15v lappy. just only a laptop for now cos of tiny budget. Between 18 to 24 hours standbye battery. give me total cost here please ( d cheapest abeg)

by dis time next year God's grace will be talking solar. and giant size luminous battery/ foreign fueless gen kick nepa in their b.utt. i don too suffer for their hand. lost fortunes cos of them

P.S if u have a good external battery (inec battery) dat will fit my description above let me know instead. very urgent.
Re: All your Inverter problems by microdynLabs: 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
For those interested in Pure Sine wave inverter design and details, contact me on 08059977236 or mailpapsawo@yahoo.com
Re: All your Inverter problems by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
deeptesting: Please i have an inverter with two batteries of 12V 18OAh which i only use to power my CCTV Machine at home 24 hours but i want to have it connected to all the bulbs(energy) in my rooms and kitchen but i did conduit wiring and don`t any surface wires,how can i achieve this goal?
add me on whatsapp or text me.. It can be done easily.. I'm an expirienced electrician
Re: All your Inverter problems by dapizy02(m): 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
How do I make 1million b4 d end of Dis month?
Oya ansa sharp sharp, make I beggin wok
Re: All your Inverter problems by oshorlabyC(m): 1:38am On Dec 10, 2013
Unique!:
Where is the OP?

I got a 1.5kva Luminous inverter + 2*200 amps batteries installed just over 2 months ago. Working very well, I'm really pleased. Only concern is I noticed recently that the batteries are beginning to bulge at the sides, which could be indicative of over charging? Please, I need answers!
Yea, u're right,d bulging indicates too much currents entering the battering,u need to get someone to help reduce the current rate at which the battery is charging
Re: All your Inverter problems by oshorlabyC(m): 1:40am On Dec 10, 2013
For a durable and reliable locally made inverters,you can contact me: 08053484556, 08102964754, olabisi2010@hotmail.com, bb pin (27e43578).durability is guaranteed
Re: All your Inverter problems by oshorlabyC(m): 1:43am On Dec 10, 2013
Agbaka1: please advice me on the cheapest inverter and longest battery life suitable for ONLY a 5A laptop that is 15v lappy. just only a laptop for now cos of tiny budget. Between 18 to 24 hours standbye battery. give me total cost here please ( d cheapest abeg)

by dis time next year God's grace will be talking solar. and giant size luminous battery/ foreign fueless gen kick nepa in their b.utt. i don too suffer for their hand. lost fortunes cos of them

P.S if u have a good external battery (inec battery) dat will fit my description above let me know instead. very urgent.
Is it that you don't want to be using your laptop battery again and be using an inverter with battery instead?
Re: All your Inverter problems by ceaser: 2:51am On Dec 10, 2013
chucky234: There is a noiseless and fueless generating set in the market, at just 40k its way better inverter or UPS.

Well, don't just stop there. Give guys here more details and points of purchase if you really wanna be informative enough.
Re: All your Inverter problems by ceaser: 2:53am On Dec 10, 2013
chucky234: There is a noiseless and fueless generating set in the market, at just 40k its way better inverter or UPS.

Well, don't just stop there. Give guys here more details and points of purchase if you really wanna be informative enough.

But I hope it ain't one of the Ho-Jo concept of self-perpetuating machine.
Re: All your Inverter problems by ceejay80s(m): 3:11am On Dec 10, 2013
Tech_W:
Hello, it won't overheat the inverter but it will take a very long period of time to charge the battery to its full capacity.
on the issue of how long it will take, that depends on the charging current of the UPS, which is relatively low.
It may take a typical650va UPS more than 4 days to charge up a 100ah battery back to it's full capacity and the ugly part of it is that it will might take just 4 hours to discharge the same battery capacity.
4 days ké ?! If i get 4 days of constant lìght to fully charge the battery ,i no go need inverter.e no make sense be dat, i hardly get
1hr of light a day. God purnish nepa
Re: All your Inverter problems by md4real(m): 3:29am On Dec 10, 2013
Guys, please, how much (monitarily) do I need to get an inverter that can take my 32inch LCD,@least a bulb and. My. Home theatre and possibly a fan that can run for at least 3hours?
Re: All your Inverter problems by Agbaka1: 5:59am On Dec 10, 2013
o.s horlabyC:

Is it that you don't want to be using your laptop battery again and be using an inverter with labattery instead?
yes do not want to replace d laptop dead battery again. plans are under way to get a new laptop by next year. still managing d lappy for now before it completely drop dead
Re: All your Inverter problems by PrinceNwokeji: 6:23am On Dec 10, 2013
solowork:

Converts Direct Current (battery power) to Alternating Current(AC).

Basically means you get 4 to 8 battaries like this:

connect them to an inverter like this:

[img]http://myhomecare.in/wp-content/fancygallery/15/15/sukam-inverter-shark-650-va-large_19fde88f060a92e2afea503ecbfcd868.jpg[/img]

And you can tell PHCN to go PHUCK themselves without having to run a noisy generator.
pls help me with the detail of that type of inverter, is it full waved,pls 08038743079
Re: All your Inverter problems by PrinceNwokeji: 6:29am On Dec 10, 2013
Is has been wonderful following this trend, a so happy as the guy answers all the questions well, i wanna add to his advices, cos am a professional solar/satellite installer too, pls be careful the inverter u buy, it has many types,we have full wave, half wave and so on, so in other not to spend to much and to have correct effeciency, buy sineocidawave inverter, or convert ur ups into been inverter while you buy sperate 30amps charger for your battery/s. Thanks. For help feel free to call 08038743079. Pls let help in bring this kind of trend to front page pls. I love u all.

1 Like

Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 6:41am On Dec 10, 2013
Good morning all, am sorry I ve not been able to reply everybody, its due to my work but I will try my best to reply all of them. If you need advice urgently just send me email, I have more acces to email thank nairaland.
Thanks to moderator. I promise to give the best I can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) / Simple Way To Download Youtube Videos Without Any Software (Androids, PC, BB,..) / Www.whatsapp.com-download Free Whatsapp Messenger For Iphone,blackbery & Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.